BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Solo Forums > Menlove Avenue

Old Oct 16, 2015, 07:44 AM   #1
peanut333
Wild Honey Pie

Default LOL Yoko TMI Be quiet please

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.2396689
peanut333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2015, 12:33 PM   #2
hibgal
Sun King

Yes, please. Do be quiet woman! It's none of our biz and a very odd way to mark his bday.

Besides, sounds as if Yoko is desperate to sit on the gay bandwagon and not a pronouncement I would put any trust in, true or not. Sorry, I think I rather hear her screech a song than tell me one more time what John thought or felt.

Sometimes I dream in colors
It always happens when
I find myself with others
Who don't pretend
hibgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2015, 04:19 AM   #3
Apple Scruff
Sun King

I'm with you, Hib. I love Yoko but let's leave some things a mystery. No reason to share everything.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 01:08 PM   #4
hibgal
Sun King

I mentioned this to my hubby, Scruffie, and he pointed out that Yoko may well refer to a tongue-in-cheek comment of John's that she took literally. I've noticed before she didn't always 'get' John's quips. (Maybe the language?) Anyway, John could easily have answered when asked if bisexual that sure he was - he'd just never met a man he wanted to bed. *wink wink*

It always happens when
Who don't pretend
Old Oct 18, 2015, 02:00 PM   #5
Apple Scruff
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibgal View Post
I mentioned this to my hubby, Scruffie, and he pointed out that Yoko may well refer to a tongue-in-cheek comment of John's that she took literally. I've noticed before she didn't always 'get' John's quips. (Maybe the language?) Anyway, John could easily have answered when asked if bisexual that sure he was - he'd just never met a man he wanted to bed. *wink wink*
I think she does try to keep John relevant by associating him with a new cause or any new movement. It's perfectly fine, obviously, if what she said is true but I think her reason for saying it is probably along what you mentioned in your first post.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 06:41 PM   #6
wildewoman
Taxman

I don't know; has anyone read the latest entry on Hey Dullblog? (or something like that; not quite sure of the name, but it's close). I think something -- I don't know what -- happened (or didn't, much to John's chagrin?) in India. I'm increasingly convinced there is at least one man John loved very much, and he was rebuffed and betrayed by this man (at the least financially with the share-buying business; I suspect John felt betrayed by this man on a deeper level than that.) Maybe I'm reading too much into things, and I know a lot of people will disagree with me. I don't think John gave his heart and trust to just anyone. And I also think this man has a lot in common with Yoko--showing a cheery and optimistic face to the world; business-savvy and hard as steel beneath, and both are very protective of John in their way, even while feeling they are competing with him. Which is probably why they've clashed so publicly.

I know this is hearsay and heresy, but I do think John Lennon loved Paul McCartney and was rejected by Paul in some very meaningful way during the India sojourn. I feel like that once you entertain that possibility, a lot of otherwise confusing behavior that happened it its wake makes much more sense.

This is only my suspicion and I'm not what you would call a McLennon "shipper," strictly speaking, but I do think it's a possible reason for what happened after India.

Or it could completely be more along the lines of what hib suggested, too. I don't think we'll ever really know until all parties are no longer with us, so I hope we'll not find out for a long time. I wish long years and health to both Paul and Yoko.

That's my less than two cents.

--Oscar Wilde, The Critic as Artist

Last edited by wildewoman : Oct 18, 2015 at 06:42 PM.
wildewoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2015, 05:25 PM   #7
hibgal
Sun King

To be frank, Wilde, the Beatles as a group and individuals have been so intensely scrutinized by so many people with widely different agendas for such a long time that if there WAS some substance to a more intimate relationship between John and Paul, or John and some unnamed person, it would've come out by now. There's too much fame, money and reflected glory to get out of it that someone wouldn't have spilled the beans. I mean, while the Beatles were on tour and in India there was always tons of people around that would've talked. It wouldn't just be rumors and suspicions, it would be dates and places! And especially in our time when it's become almost chic to be gay, bisexual, transsexual or what have you. That's my take anyway.

It always happens when
Who don't pretend
Old Oct 21, 2015, 11:16 PM   #8
Maia 66
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildewoman View Post
I don't know what -- happened (or didn't, much to John's chagrin?) in India. I'm increasingly convinced there is at least one man John loved very much, and he was rebuffed and betrayed by this man
As much as I love the notion of some true Scouser romance between John and Paul, I don't think a rebuff was required to explain John's supposed post-India change in attitude toward the Cute One. I think the conscious decision to follow Yoko's cloud was enough... after all, John had to completely divorce himself emotionally from all that the Beatles (especially Paul) had meant to him. And the loss of Brian probably made him (rather instinctively) want to preemptively distance himself rather than risk losing Paul to the different directions they were heading in.

Nevertheless, my favorite flight of fantasy is the idea that a li'l sumthin-sumthin happened the night John accidentally took acid in the studio, when they went back to Paul's pad and had their first trip together. Paul talks very coyly about how they stared into each other's eyes and how he wanted to have a shared experience with John. Who knows, maybe they got a little playful? It's a nice thought, at the very least.....

All I want is the truth
Just give me some truth...

Maia 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 08, 2015, 09:33 AM   #9
wildewoman
Taxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maia 66 View Post
An.

Nevertheless, my favorite flight of fantasy is the idea that a li'l sumthin-sumthin happened the night John accidentally took acid in the studio, when they went back to Paul's pad and had their first trip together. Paul talks very coyly about how they stared into each other's eyes and how he wanted to have a shared experience with John. Who knows, maybe they got a little playful? It's a nice thought, at the very least.....
Yes, I go there too. Wishful thinking, maybe?

That said, a lot of what Yoko says and does is inscrutable to me, much as I like her. That recent odd comment and what she told Philip Norman for "The Life," though, does inspire....imagination.

--Oscar Wilde, The Critic as Artist

Last edited by wildewoman : Nov 08, 2015 at 01:34 PM.
wildewoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2015, 09:19 PM   #10
Maia 66
Sun King

Yeah, I don't know what the hell she's on about half the time either....

All I want is the truth
Just give me some truth...

Maia 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2015, 06:07 AM   #11
FallenEmbers
Fool On The Hill

Hi all, I'm new here...
Well, after reading that Yoko article, I thought that was unnecessary, but anyway, there's a line in that where she says that John didn't find any man to be that attractive and intellectually advanced.. I found myself thinking, well if he didn't find Paul all that then there's hardly a possibility to find anyone else that :D
I don't ship McLennon or anything, but anyway, just a thought.
FallenEmbers is offline   Reply With Quote