BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Solo Forums > Goodnight Vienna

Old Nov 03, 2013, 12:12 PM   #1
jonesingjay

Default Ringo Starr - The Grammy Museum Exhibit

Anyone been to the Ringo Starr Grammy Exhibit? I had the opportunity to go, and I took a few pictures as well. I apologize for the quality. Photographs weren't allowed, and I took the pictures on my iPhone. Nonetheless I do hope you enjoy the photos. It was a entertaining walk through Ringo's history. I recommend it for not only fans of Ringo, but fans of the Beatles as well.

How you start off the experience is very quaint. A television is set up with a couch, and you can watch The Beatles perform on the Ed Sullivan program. I thought that was pretty neat, and a great touch.

This is the start of the exhibit. Off to the right is the Clive Davis theater. They were running a 17 minute film on Ringo's career on a continuous loop.

Three of Ringo's drum kits were on display.

Personal letters and photographs.

Ringo clothing from the early 60s to present day.

Ringo through the years!

There were more pictures that I took, but they didn't come out too great. There was a interactive drum lessons with Ringo set up. Also, there was a booth where you could record a bit of Octopuses Garden. A very fun experience. Check it out if possible.

Peace and love.
jonesingjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2013, 09:30 AM   #2
peace&love
Fool On The Hill

I went too, but I was afraid to take pics. Thank you for doing so-it brought back happy memories. I loved it! Richy is the best.
I think the drum kits were my favourite. I cried when I saw the old black pearl with the bits of masking tape and string on the lugs.
The clothes were so interesting. Amazing quality as they were tailor made, of course.

Last edited by peace&love : Nov 17, 2013 at 09:33 AM.
peace&love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2013, 04:45 PM   #3
bobdude
Dr. Robert

Thanks for the great pictures. Trying to place your photos with the pictures seen in the past, while worn, is great.
As Paul sang Vintage Clothes!
Old Nov 17, 2013, 09:03 PM   #4
beatlebangs1964

Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964

Very nice. Thank you for sharing this!

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/c...rtc/signatures

http://www.reddit.com/r/troubledteen...aten_at_green/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7g0oiJ52Gw
beatlebangs1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 09, 2014, 06:53 PM   #5
ThingsGoRound
Fool On The Hill

Send a message via AIM to ThingsGoRound Send a message via Skype™ to ThingsGoRound

I'm taking my 12 year old cousin :) I'm glad the exhibit has been extended until April 27th which happens to be my birthday!

Met Dhani
7/31/12 | 2/6/14
ThingsGoRound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2014, 06:54 AM   #6
jonesingjay

Quote:
Originally Posted by peace&love View Post
I went too, but I was afraid to take pics. Thank you for doing so-it brought back happy memories. I loved it! Richy is the best.
I think the drum kits were my favourite. I cried when I saw the old black pearl with the bits of masking tape and string on the lugs.
The clothes were so interesting. Amazing quality as they were tailor made, of course.
I was nervous as well. It's why some of the pictures I did take out came blurry. It was a wonderful exhibit. Especially the personal items like the letters and photographs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdude View Post
Thanks for the great pictures. Trying to place your photos with the pictures seen in the past, while worn, is great.
As Paul sang Vintage Clothes!
Thank, no problem! I wanted to share them for the people who don't have the opportunity to see this wonderful exhibit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatlebangs1964 View Post
Very nice. Thank you for sharing this!
You're very welcome! I'm happy to share it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThingsGoRound View Post
I'm taking my 12 year old cousin :) I'm glad the exhibit has been extended until April 27th which happens to be my birthday!
I think your cousin will enjoy. Be sure to check out the little film in the Clive Davis theater as well. I think your cousin and you will also get a kick out of the old fashioned television playing the Beatles performance on Ed Sullivan.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 07:01 AM   #7
Jerry
Webmaster Of BeatleLinks

Send a message via AIM to Jerry

I've put this off over and over, now I gotta get down there before it closes. 10 days left. Really enjoyed the Harrison exhibit a few years ago, I'm sure this one will be just as nice.

Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2014, 07:12 AM   #8
jonesingjay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
I've put this off over and over, now I gotta get down there before it closes. 10 days left. Really enjoyed the Harrison exhibit a few years ago, I'm sure this one will be just as nice.
It's now or never! You should go and see it before it closes. I think you'll enjoy it. Even if Ringo isn't your favorite Beatle, it's still an interesting exhibit and seeing those drum kits up close is fantastic.