BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Beatles Forums > Paperback Writer

Old Nov 29, 2013, 09:55 AM   #61
jonesingjay

My third update in the month of November! I didn't think it was going to be possible, but a bit of inspiration struck and I wrote another chapter.

Happy Black Friday Day! LOL. For those of you that celebrate Thanksgiving, Happy Belated Thanksgiving Day!

I bring you another chapter of The Nearest To My Heart. You can get caught up on previous chapters over at Livejournal where I host my archive. If you're new to this story or just need a refresher on what happened you can get all caught up over there.

What's this story all about? It's a different twist on the triangle. A helpful summary for those of you thinking of reading this story:

During the Beatles Christmas show concert dates they strike up a friendship with their co-liners the Debutantes an up and coming black girl group from New York (Loosely based on The Ronettes). Paul and John both find themselves interested in the lead singer and budding songwriter, Charlie 'Tilly' Tillman. Will friendship turn to love with Paul and Charlie or John and Charlie, and will society and the demands of the lads fame ruin things before they properly begin?

The Nearest To My Heart - Chapter Twenty Two - Lets Fall In Love, Part One

Please feel free to leave feedback here or at the site where I host the chapter. I'd love to know your thoughts on the progression of this story.
jonesingjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2013, 03:25 PM   #62
jonesingjay

The first update in December. Maybe, another one of the horizon? I'm not sure, but I do hope you enjoy this chapter. I decided to tell this one in reverse. I hope it's not found to be confusing, but it was very important that the scene in the beginning start off the chapter.

New to the story? Need a refresher? Check out my archive on Livejournal.

This story is my take on a triangle. Hopefully it's seen as a bit different as it strays for the traditional confines of a triangle.

And a summary for those of you thinking about reading it.

During the Beatles Christmas show concert dates they strike up a friendship with their co-liners the Debutantes an up and coming black girl group from New York (Loosely based on The Ronettes). Paul and John both find themselves interested in the lead singer and budding songwriter, Charlie 'Tilly' Tillman. Will friendship turn to love with Paul and Charlie or John and Charlie, and will society and the demands of the lads fame ruin things before they properly begin?

The Nearest To My Heart - Chapter Twenty Three - Lets Fall In Love, Part Two

As always I encourage readers to leave feedback. Even if you didn't like what I've done or have a bone to pick as long as it's constructive I'm open to feedback. You can leave it here in this thread or post your thoughts to the chapter. I will respond.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 05:36 PM   #63
jonesingjay

Another update? Yup! I was feeling inspired, and I've posted the second update of December. I can't promise the next update will be as quick though.

Hello to returning readers, and hello to the new ones as well. If you're unfamiliar with this story or if you've forgotten what's happened you can get caught up at the archive here. I host it on livejournal. If you're a livejournal user, feel free to leave your comments on the chapters there, but feel free to leave them here as well.

And a summary for those of you considering reading this story.

The Nearest To My Heart - Chapter Twenty Four - Fish N' Chip Paper
Old Dec 22, 2013, 11:08 AM   #64
jonesingjay

Hey, guys! More for you. Well, I'm reaching the end of this story as I've stated previously. I do hope you're still enjoying it. Please, feel free to let me know what you think here or where I host the story over on Livejournal. Keep in mind that criticism is welcome, but keep it constructive, every time I work on this story I'm always trying to improve.

I want to say Hello to returning readers as well as new ones. If you're new to the story or need refreshing you can do so at the archive. All of the chapters are located there.

Here is a summary of the story.

The Nearest To My Heart - Chapter Twenty Five - Blue

Also, I wanted to alert readers of dasliebchenkind, that she's updated both of her stories! That's right Halcyon Days and Sighs and Whispers has been updated after a hiatus stretching back to Summer of last year. Two stories I highly recommend, both stories featuring George as the 'lead', but great ensemble writing. I highly recommend her stuff.
Old Dec 29, 2013, 11:14 AM   #65
jonesingjay

Hello!

The time has come. This story has reached its conclusion. I had an idea in mind for how I wanted this story to go, but it seemed to go a different route. Not your typical triangle, perhaps not even truly a triangle.

I do hope you enjoyed this story. I enjoyed writing it and sharing it with others to read. I want to thank everyone who took the time to read this story, and I want to give a special thank you to those of you who took the time to comment.

It means a great deal to writers who post on a public forum to receive feedback it's an encouraging, and I appreciate it.

For those of you new to this story or for anyone needing to get caught up you can catch up on previous chapters at the archive.

For those curious about what the story is about here is a short summary.

The Nearest To My Heart - Chapter Twenty Six - Curtain Call, Epilogue

For those of you curious about what my next story will be about I can say it will be about George and Annette. The 'missing' scenes of their relationship from this time period. I haven't written a word of it yet, but look for it in the upcoming year.
Old Jan 04, 2014, 08:40 AM   #66
jonesingjay

Exciting news!

Well, to me, and hopefully readers who follow this thread.

I'm back with a brand new spanking story! This time around it's George centered. So, for all you George Harrison fans you might want to check this out. This story goes hand in hand with The Nearest To My Heart, except it's told with the focus on George and Annette's romance.

Words Of Love - Prologue

Feel free to leave your thoughts here or at the Livejournal page where the story is posted.

Also, something else for those of you who are looking for Beatles Fan Fiction to read, I Saw Her Standing There, written by suburban-boho, is a story centered around Maureen Starkey, and her relationship with a young woman by the name of Alice. A coming of age story, set against the backdrop of the 60s. It's femslash and it's brilliant. You should give it a read.

Last edited by jonesingjay : Jan 04, 2014 at 08:41 AM.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 05:16 AM   #67
jonesingjay

Hello, followers of this read! I'm back with another update. The first chapter of 'Words Of Love'. You can read the prologue here.

Words Of Love is the story of George Harrison's romance with Annette Grant, a member of the black girl group the Debutantes. It's a sweet and lighthearted story of their blossoming relationship. I hope that you will read and enjoy it. Please, feel free to let me know what you think. In this thread or over at Livejournal where I host the story.

This story takes place during the events of the Nearest To My Heart, but it's told with the perspective on George and Annette.

Chapter One - Shaken and Stirred

Last edited by jonesingjay : Jan 11, 2014 at 05:17 AM.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 08:36 AM   #68
jonesingjay

Hello! The second chapter of 'Words Of Love' has been posted. You can read chapter one here.

Words of Love is the story of George Harrison's romance with Annette Grant, a member of the Debutantes, a black girl group from New York that the Beatles befriended during their Christmas concert shows of 1963. This story takes place during the events of The Nearest To My Heart, but the focus of 'Words Of Love' is George and Annette.

George and Annette's blossoming relationship is just beginning. I hope that if you've decided to check out this thread the premise will interest you and you'll check out the story. Feel free to leave feedback here or over at Livejournal where I host the story.

Chapter Two - You've Really Got A Hold On Me - George and Annette get to know each other a bit better in this chapter.
Old Jan 29, 2014, 08:15 AM   #69
jonesingjay

Hey, guys. The third chapter of Words Of Love has been posted. You can read chapter two here. You can catch up on previous chapters here.

Words of Love is the story of George Harrison's romance with Annette Grant, a member of the Debutantes, a black girl group from New York that the Beatles befriended during their Christmas concert shows of 1963. This story takes place during the events of The Nearest To My Heart, but the focus of Words Of Love is George and Annette's budding relationship.

Chapter Three - A Blue Plate Special Kind Of Evening - George and Annette find a connection over a shared sense of humor, and go on a double date with John and Charlie.

Please feel free to let me know what you think. Feedback is important, and constructive criticism is also welcome. I hope that you will enjoy this chapter and let me know what you think. You can leave your feedback here or over on Livejournal where I host this story.
Old Feb 06, 2014, 10:54 AM   #70
jonesingjay

Hello, everyone.

The fourth chapter of Words Of Love has been posted. You can read chapter three here and you can catch up on previous chapters at the archive.

Words Of Love is the story of George Harrison's romance with Annette Grant, a member of the Debutantes, a black girl group from New York, that the Beatles befriend during their Christmas concert shows of 1963. This story takes place during the events of The Nearest To My Heart, but the focus of Words of Love is George and Annette's budding relationship.

Chapter Four - A Walk In the Park - George and Annette enjoy a simple walk through Hyde Park.

Feedback is great. Please, feel free to leave your comments here or at the link where I host this chapter. I'm open to hearing your thoughts. Constructive criticism is welcome as well.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 06:41 AM   #71
jonesingjay

Hi, guys!

Chapter Five of Words Of Love has been posted. You can read chapter four here and catch up on previous chapters at the archive.

Words Of Love is the story of George Harrison's romance with Annette Grant, the youngest member of the Debutantes, a black girl group from New York. The Beatles befriend them during their Christmas concert shows of 1963. This story takes place during the events of The Nearest To My Heart, but the focus of Words Of Love is George and Annette's budding relationship.

Chapter Five - A Whole Lot Of Shaking and Hypocrisy Going On - Paul digs for information. George challenges Brian. Annette finds herself in an uncomfortable situation. George is there for Annette.

Feedback is great. It keeps me chugging along. So, think about leaving some. You can do so here or you can leave your feedback where the chapter is hosted. I'm open to constructive criticism as well.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 11:23 AM   #72
jonesingjay

Hello, I'm still writing, and I do hope you're still checking out this thread and reading this story.

I've posted chapter six of Words Of Love. You can read the previous chapter here and catch up on previous chapters at the archive.

Words Of Love is the story of George Harrison's romance with Annette Grant, the youngest member of the Debutantes, a black girl group from New York. The Beatles befriend them during their Christmas concert shows in 1963. This story takes place during the events of The Nearest To My Heart, but the focus of Words Of Love is George and Annette's budding relationship.

Chapter Six - The Most Profound Experience Of Your London Stay - George and Annette ring in the New Year together with a surprise guest.
Old Mar 05, 2014, 06:52 PM   #73
jonesingjay

Hiya!

Chapter seven of Words Of Love has been posted. You can read the previous chapter here and catch up on previous chapters at the archive.

Words Of Love is story of George Harrison's romance with Annette Grant, the youngest member of The Debutantes, a black girl group from New York. The Beatles befriend the girls during their Christmas concert shows in 1963 and 1964. This story takes place during the events of The Nearest To My Heart, but the focus of Words Of Love is George and Annette's budding relationship.

Chapter Seven - To Be Alone With You - George and Annette get closer.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 12:31 PM   #74
jonesingjay

Happy, Happy Tuesday!

I've updated Words Of Love today. Chapter eight of the continuing story of George Harrison and Annette Grant is on Livejournal. You can read the previous chapter here and you can read previous chapters at the handy dandy archive.

Words Of Love is the story of George Harrison's budding romance with Annette Grant, the youngest member of The Debutantes, a black girl group from New York. The Beatles befriend the girls during their Christmas concert shows in 1963 into early 1964. This story takes place during the events of The Nearest To My Heart, but the focus of Words Of Love is George and Annette's growing relationship.

Chapter Eight - Get Real Action - George comes to the rescue, and he goes 'undercover' for a movie date.

BONUS CONTENT

Attention fans of Ringo Starr. I want to share an unfinished scene of a Ringo centered story that I was working on. I hope you like it. Feel free to let me know what you think.

Deputized For Lunchtime - Who knew a lunchtime session at The Cavern could change the course of one Richard Starkey's life?

And, I'm also now on Wattpad, currently posting The Nearest To My Heart there. Eventually, I want to post all of my finished stories there. Jonesingjay Wattpad
Old Mar 17, 2014, 05:55 AM   #75
jonesingjay

For those of you who've read The Nearest To My Heart and are currently reading Words Of Love I've got a treat for you!

You can think of this as a glimpse into the possible future of Charlie, Paul and John. Set around 1968'. Charlie is staying with Paul at Cavendish, and so is John with Yoko.

What happens when Charlie and John have a moment alone to talk? And, what do they talk about?

Late Night Table Talk
Old Mar 23, 2014, 09:21 AM   #76
jonesingjay

Hello!

I've updated Words Of Love. You can read the previous chapter here. You can also get caught up on other chapters at the archive.

Words Of Love is the story of George Harrison's romance with Annette Grant, the youngest member of the Debutantes, a black girl group from New York. The Beatles befriend them during their Christmas concert shows in 1963. This story takes place during the events of The Nearest To My Heart, but the focus of Words Of Love is George and Annette's budding relationship.

Words Of Love - Chapter Nine - Your Move - George and Annette play a game. Annette struggles with her attraction to George.

Last edited by jonesingjay : Mar 23, 2014 at 09:22 AM.
Old Mar 29, 2014, 01:45 AM   #77
jonesingjay

BONUS CONTENT

For readers of The Nearest To My Heart / Words Of Love universe.

Another 'what if' scenario. This time, featuring Annette, John and George.

Upstate New York - George discovers domesticity suits John and Annette.
Old Apr 06, 2014, 01:53 AM   #78
jonesingjay

Hello!

I've updated Words Of Love. You can read the previous chapter here. You can get caught up on all of the chapters at the archive.

Words Of Love is the story of George Harrison's budding relationship with Annette Grant, the youngest member of The Debutantes a black girl group from New York. The Beatles befriend the girls during their Christmas shows in 1963. This story takes place during the events of The Nearest To My Heart, but Words Of Love is told with the focus on George and Annette.

Words Of Love - Chapter Ten - A Future Proposal - George and Annette get to know each other better on their day out together, which ends with an eyebrow raising offer from George to Annette.

Last edited by jonesingjay : Apr 06, 2014 at 01:54 AM.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 11:23 AM   #79
jonesingjay

BONUS CONTENT

A what if scenario from The Nearest To My Heart / Words Of Love universe featuring John/Annette.

Reading Material - Two bookends find each other.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 02:00 AM   #80
jonesingjay

It's not a story update for Words Of Love, but I do have

BONUS CONTENT

A what if scenario from The Nearest To My Heart/Words Of Love universe featuring John/Annette.

A Room Without A View - Arbitration doesn't agree with John Lennon, but Annette just might as he discovers in a hotel room on tour.