BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Beatles Forums > Paperback Writer

Old May 16, 2013, 06:27 AM   #41
Fleurette1967
Little Child

I finished reading AT FIRST SIGHT. It was superb and enjoyable. So much thought and detail in that story. I was so into the George and Theo story, I was surprised but thrilled when the setting changed to England and I was able to see the interactions with the other Beatles. John was a trip!! John is frequently a "scoundrel" in these stories, LOL, (BAD BOY: now junior behave yourself!) but you gave him a lot of depth regarding the issues with his mother. Good job all around with all the characters. Love the sinister edge with George, LOL. Good job!!
Fleurette1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2013, 03:51 PM   #42
jonesingjay

Thanks!

I'm glad you enjoyed the story. It's a bit rough around the edges, but I'm proud of what I wrote, and I think it's a good story that I hope people will find to be an enjoyable read. I don't know when/if I'll go back to that AU.

I appreciate you taking the time to comment with your thoughts on the story.
jonesingjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2013, 02:35 PM   #43
jonesingjay

Hello everyone! It's been far too long since I updated 'The Nearest To My Heart', but after a bout of writer's block I've got an update for everyone still following this story. I do hope you enjoy it and I apologize for the wait.

During the Beatles Christmas show concert dates they strike up a friendship with their co-liners the Debutantes an up and coming black girl group from New York (Loosely based on The Ronettes). Paul and John both find themselves interested in the lead singer and budding songwriter, Charlie 'Tilly' Tillman. Will friendship turn to love with Paul and Charlie or John and Charlie, and will society and the demands of the lads fame ruin things before they properly begin?

The Nearest To My Heart, Chapter Eleven - The Comfort Of Anonymity
Old Jul 02, 2013, 04:11 PM   #44
jonesingjay

Hey guys! I've updated 'The Nearest To My Heart'. You can catch up on previous chapters here.

During the Beatles Christmas show concert dates they strike up a friendship with their co-liners the Debutantes an up and coming black girl group from New York (Loosely based on The Ronettes). Paul and John both find themselves interested in the lead singer and budding songwriter, Charlie 'Tilly' Tillman. Will friendship turn to love with Paul and Charlie or John and Charlie, and will society and the demands of the lads fame ruin things before they properly begin?

The Nearest To My Heart - Chapter Twelve - The Comfort Of Anonymity Part Two

Last edited by jonesingjay : Jul 03, 2013 at 05:04 PM.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 10:54 AM   #45
jonesingjay

Hey guys! I've updated 'The Nearest To My Heart' again, and I'm feeling pretty good about this chapter. You can catch up on previous chapters here.

The Nearest To My Heart - Chapter Thirteen - Love with the Proper Beatle
Old Jul 25, 2013, 12:09 PM   #46
jonesingjay

Hello! I hope you guys are still with me. I've got another update for The Nearest To My Heart for those of you patiently following this story. If you're new to this story or just want a refresher you can catch up on the previous chapters here.

The Nearest To My Heart - Chapter Four - In Plain Sight

Thank you to everyone who continues to follow this story, and a special thank you to those that take the time to leave feedback.
Old Aug 10, 2013, 05:31 PM   #47
jonesingjay

Hey everyone! I've updated The Nearest To My Heart. If you're new to the story you can get caught up on previous chapters here.

The Nearest To My Heart - Chapter Fifth-teen - In Plain Sight Part Two
Old Aug 20, 2013, 12:09 PM   #48
jonesingjay

Hello.

I'm back with another updated to The Nearest To My Heart. For those who are new to the story or have missed a few updates and need to get caught up you can read previous chapters here.

The Nearest To My Heart - Chapter Sixteen - She's Not There
Old Aug 21, 2013, 08:00 PM   #49
infogal
Little Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesingjay View Post
Hello.

I'm back with another updated to The Nearest To My Heart. For those who are new to the story or have missed a few updates and need to get caught up you can read previous chapters here.

The Nearest To My Heart - Chapter Sixteen - She's Not There
Just about caught up! Loving it and wanting to read more. I can't help but think of that song by the Zombies meshed with the track 'About Her' by Malcom Mclaren. So even the title seems inspired. You got talent!
infogal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2013, 09:03 AM   #50
Fleurette1967
Little Child

You're working so hard on these. Thanks!! Love the developments in this story!!
Fleurette1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2013, 10:20 AM   #51
jonesingjay

Quote:
Originally Posted by infogal View Post
Just about caught up! Loving it and wanting to read more. I can't help but think of that song by the Zombies meshed with the track 'About Her' by Malcom Mclaren. So even the title seems inspired. You got talent!
Good catch! The title of the most recent update was taken from The Zombies tune of the same name. I thought it was fitting for Charlie's state of mind while out with Paul. I'm thrilled that you're still enjoying this story. Thank you for reading and for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it very much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleurette1967 View Post
You're working so hard on these. Thanks!! Love the developments in this story!!
For the moment I'm feeling inspired and I'm enjoying writing this story. I'm glad that you're enjoying this story and picking up on the effort I'm putting into these chapters. Thank you for reading and for time the time to leave a comment. I appreciate it.
Old Sep 09, 2013, 10:16 AM   #52
jonesingjay

Hello everyone! I'm back with another update to the continuing story of The Nearest To My Heart. You can get caught up on previous chapters at my archive on Livejournal.

Feel free to comment on old chapters or new ones here in this Beatlelinks thread or on Livejournal. I'm curious to know what you think about the developments in this story, and thoughts of where it could go or who Charlie might end up with in this story.

Chapter Seventeen - The Nearest To My Heart - Thirty-two-bar form

A quick summary of the story for those of you new to it. During the Beatles Christmas show concert dates they strike up a friendship with their co-liners the Debutantes an up and coming black girl group from New York (Loosely based on The Ronettes). Paul and John both find themselves interested in the lead singer and budding songwriter, Charlie 'Tilly' Tillman. Will friendship turn to love with Paul and Charlie or John and Charlie, and will society and the demands of the lads fame ruin things before they properly begin?

Last edited by jonesingjay : Sep 09, 2013 at 10:16 AM.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 09:57 AM   #53
jonesingjay

Hey guys! I've got more of the continuing story of The Nearest To My Heart. Featuring John Lennon and Paul McCartney prominently along with Charlie Tillman a female original character. If you're new to this story you can get caught up on previous chapters at the archive.

I do appreciate everyone who takes the time to read this story. I want to say that I especially appreciate those of you that do comment. I'm open to constructive criticism and feedback. Feel free to let me what you think here or over at Livejournal where I host this story.

Chapter Eighteen - The Nearest To My Heart - Tillman/McCartney

For those of you new to this story here is a good summary of it. During the Beatles Christmas show concert dates they strike up a friendship with their co-liners the Debutantes an up and coming black girl group from New York (Loosely based on The Ronettes). Paul and John both find themselves interested in the lead singer and budding songwriter, Charlie 'Tilly' Tillman. Will friendship turn to love with Paul and Charlie or John and Charlie, and will society and the demands of the lads fame ruin things before they properly begin?
Old Sep 19, 2013, 04:52 AM   #54
fellowgardener
Nowhere Man

Started reading "The Nearest To My Heart" recently and am at Chapter 10. Great writing. Can't say too much so I won't spoil it for others, but I'm looking forward to catching up to your most recent chapter.
fellowgardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2013, 10:15 AM   #55
jonesingjay

Quote:
Originally Posted by fellowgardener View Post
Started reading "The Nearest To My Heart" recently and am at Chapter 10. Great writing. Can't say too much so I won't spoil it for others, but I'm looking forward to catching up to your most recent chapter.
Thanks! I' thrilled that you're enjoying the Nearest To My Heart. I'm very pleased with the story I've told, and there is plenty more that I'm looking forward to sharing with readers. I appreciate you taking the time to read and especially to comment.

If you don't want to 'spoil' anything in this thread feel free to leave feedback at the Livejournal site where the story is hosted. I'm curious to know what you think.

I noticed that you seem to be a George fan from your icon and screenname. I've written a George story as well and it's completed. You can read At First Sight here. It's the story of George visiting his sister Louise and her family in Benton, Illinois and meeting a girl.

YOWZA! I've reached 5,000 hits! Thanks guys. I really do appreciate your interest in this thread and my stories. Once again thank you for reading and a big thank you to those who comment.

Last edited by jonesingjay : Sep 19, 2013 at 10:21 AM.
Old Sep 19, 2013, 11:46 AM   #56
fellowgardener
Nowhere Man

Yes I'm definitely a George fan and that video clip you posted is making me feel faint . I will definitely read "At First Sight" when I get caught up with "The Nearest To My Heart".
fellowgardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2013, 11:58 AM   #57
jonesingjay

Quote:
Originally Posted by fellowgardener View Post
Yes I'm definitely a George fan and that video clip you posted is making me feel faint . I will definitely read "At First Sight" when I get caught up with "The Nearest To My Heart".
He's my favorite as well. Pretty neat gif that I just had to use. LOL. I do hope that you'll enjoy At First Sight when you get a chance to read it.
Old Oct 02, 2013, 03:04 PM   #58
jonesingjay

Hello! Hello! Hello! I'm back with another update. This story is winding down. Only a few more days left in the timeline.

For those of you unfamiliar with this story here is a neat little summary for you, and for those of you who need a refresher.

The Nearest To My Heart - Chapter Nineteen - The Shoe Is On the Other Foot

You can catch up on previous chapters at the archive.

I look forward to reading your thoughts. Don't be shy. You can leave me a comment here or at my Livejournal where the story is hosted.
Old Nov 03, 2013, 11:36 AM   #59
jonesingjay

Whoa...long time no see! It's been a month and a day since I've updated The Nearest To My Heart. Time got away from me, but I've got another update for those of you readers still sticking with this story. As I said in my previous update of this thread the story is winding down. How will it end? You'll just have to stay tuned to find out!

For those of you unsure of what this story is all about you can catch up on previous chapters of The Nearest To My Heart at my archive on Livejournal.

A short summary of the story: During the Beatles Christmas show concert dates they strike up a friendship with their co-liners the Debutantes an up and coming black girl group from New York (Loosely based on The Ronettes). Paul and John both find themselves interested in the lead singer and budding songwriter, Charlie 'Tilly' Tillman. Will friendship turn to love with Paul and Charlie or John and Charlie, and will society and the demands of the lads fame ruin things before they properly begin?

The Nearest To My Heart - Chapter Twenty - Three Of Hearts

Step right up! Don't be shy. I appreciate everyone who takes the time to read this story. I especially want to thank all of you that comment in this thread and over at Livejournal where I host the story. Feedback means a lot. Even if what you think you might have to say isn't important or interesting I'd love to know what you think. Constructive criticism welcome. Don't be shy. Feedback keeps us authors going.

I hope you enjoy the chapter.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 10:37 AM   #60
jonesingjay

Hey guys!

I'm back with another update. Two in one month. The story is winding down, and in this chapter a revelation is made!

If you're new to the story of The Nearest To My Heart or need a refresher you can check it out on Livejournal where I host the story here.

The Nearest To My Heart - Chapter Twenty One - Why Don't We Fall In Love?

Feel free to leave feedback here or at the site where I host my story. I'd love to read your thoughts.