BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Beatles Forums > Paperback Writer

Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:36 AM   #21
jonesingjay

Thank you for reading, and taking the time to comment.

So far Charlie has gone on two 'cheap' dates. LOL. Good thing she's not letting this color how she feels about englishmen. HA. I'm thrilled you're enjoying this story.

I'm not sure if you've read ahead, but I'm going to post chapter six.

Thanks to everyone who continues to check this thread and read my updates. I hope you enjoy this next chapter.

The Nearest To My Heart

During the Beatles Christmas show concert dates they strike up a friendship with their co-liners the Debutantes a up and coming black girl group from New York (Loosely based on The Ronettes). Paul and John both find themselves interested in the lead singer and budding songwriter, Charlie 'Tilly' Tillman. Will friendship turn to love with Paul and Charlie or John and Charlie and will society and the demands of the lads fame ruin things before they properly begin?

Chapter Six
jonesingjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2013, 07:54 AM   #22
jonesingjay

Thanks to everyone who continues to check this thread and read my updates. I hope you enjoy this next chapter.

The Nearest To My Heart

During the Beatles Christmas show concert dates they strike up a friendship with their co-liners the Debutantes a up and coming black girl group from New York (Loosely based on The Ronettes). Paul and John both find themselves interested in the lead singer and budding songwriter, Charlie 'Tilly' Tillman. Will friendship turn to love with Paul and Charlie or John and Charlie and will society and the demands of the lads fame ruin things before they properly begin?

Chapter Seven
Old Mar 05, 2013, 09:26 AM   #23
jonesingjay

The Nearest To My Heart

Chapter Eight - A Pint and A Slice
Old Mar 23, 2013, 11:43 AM   #24
jonesingjay

Wow!

Over a 1,000 views?! Thanks, guys! This isn't a post for The Nearest To My Heart, but I wanted to thank everyone for viewing this thread, and checking for updates. I want to give a special thank you to those of you that have taken the time to comment here in this thread and on LJ where I host the story. I am currently working on chapter nine of The Nearest To My Heart, but until then I'll leave you with a link to another story. It's my first completed Beatles fan fiction, and it features George in the lead role.

At First Sight takes place in September of 1963 during a break in The Beatles schedule. George Harrison along with his older brother Peter visit their sister Louise and her family in Benton, Illinois. George falls for the lovely, charming and beautiful sixteen year old Theo, but can their love lasts once The Beatles hit it big?

At First Sight - Chapter One
Old Mar 29, 2013, 02:15 AM   #25
jonesingjay

Hello everyone! I'm back and I have an update for 'The Nearest To My Heart'. If you're not familiar with the story here is a neat summary for you to read.

Chapter Nine - Mystery Date

I do apologize for the wait, and I hope you enjoy this chapter. I don't want to spoil anything for you, but there is plenty of Paul in this update. I hope you enjoy it.
Old Apr 03, 2013, 06:26 AM   #26
Fleurette1967
Little Child

I've been reading your AT FIRST SIGHT. This is fabulous. (I've finished Chapter 10). You've really captured that youthful feeling but there also are many complex emotions going on as well. I like how you have every "OK but what about..." scenario covered -- like Theo's sister (guardian) reacting to the age difference; the friend who is slightly envious but you've also developed her character as well; LOUISE and Peter. Also OMG, the drive-ins and most crucially the "tingling in the upper thighs." Awkward necking. Those summer days (HUMITITY! I know your story was set in fall, but...) and standing in the bedroom with friends trying to get the hair just right even though the date is the next day. HAHAHA!! SO TRUE. Reactions to hearing The Beatles before they were THE BEATLES. That seemed just right. Finally, inside George's head - that he was massive in England but just some anonomous guy in the US. Have you ever been to Benton, IL? In my job in the '90s I traveled downstate and had business in that area. DANG this was long before I knew George had been down there or had a sister there. Anyway, NICE STORY!!!
Fleurette1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 03, 2013, 06:28 AM   #27
Fleurette1967
Little Child

ETA: Also, how George reacts during the "interview" and with the sister. His smart-alecky and quick wit. "He knows how to work a room." BRAVO!!

Last edited by Fleurette1967 : Apr 03, 2013 at 06:28 AM.
Old Apr 04, 2013, 07:44 AM   #28
jonesingjay

I'm glad that you're enjoying 'At First Sight', and consider the story to be fabulous. I hope you will continue to enjoy it.

I tried to capture that carefree feeling, before Beatlemania swept the nation. I think it's an interesting period in the history of The Beatles. Right on the cusp of a fame for which no one had seen before, and hasn't been able to be replicated since.

I tried to develop the background characters to add to George and Theo's story overall. I do know this story is a bit rough around the edges, but I learned a lot from writing it. It's nice to know that you found Maggie and Shelby's parts within this story interesting and that they garnered your attention.

All of those moments, drive-ins, discovering sexual desire, etc. where quite enjoyable to write. You know, awkwardness can be quite cute if done right, as well of the importance of getting your hair just right. LOL.

I wanted to make a point of not messing up history, by having these American teens already know about The Beatles because it would've been inaccurate, but it was fun to write their reactions to hearing the group's music, and I hope I got the tone of that correct.

Nope, I haven't been to Benton. I have seen a documentary, 'A Beatle In Benton' (It's on the internet for viewing, but I can't remember what site), about George's time in Benton. You should check it out. The low budget documentary was very helpful with writing 'At First Sight'.

Thank you for comments. They were a pleasure to read. I look forward to seeing what you think about the story as you get further into it. There are 51 chapters, and an epilogue! Once again, thank you for reading and commenting.
Old Apr 09, 2013, 06:11 AM   #29
Fleurette1967
Little Child

OK, why did I reach Chapter 18 on the METRA (commuter) train LOL? Very strong erotic writing there but still right for the story. I'm enjoying all the suprises in this story as well as the stories between Maggie and Mike, as well as the friend Shelby. Everything in the story and everyone's motivations make sense. I also enjoyed the scene where it's suggested Mike is seeing someone in Chicago and the next scene is a man on the way to see a girlfriend being hit in Chicago - but it turns out not to be Mike. NICE FAKE OUT!! LOL.
Old Apr 09, 2013, 06:58 AM   #30
jonesingjay

LOL. A type of scene that should be read in the privacy of ones own place. HA. You're getting pretty far in 'At First Sight'. A big inspiration for the background characters being fleshed out a bit more is because of dasliebchenkind. She's a great writer and has some wonderful Beatles Fan Fiction stories. She does a fantastic job of fleshing out her background characters. You can find her stuff at her very own website archive. She's my favorite writer of Beatles Fan Fiction. Her story True Love Ways is also what inspired me to write my very own George in Benton story.

You'll be reading a bit more about these background players in upcoming chapters. Glad you're continuing to enjoy this story. I might even have to read over it again.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 03:34 PM   #31
jonesingjay

Hello everyone,

This isn't an update for The Nearest To My Heart. I thought I'd continue to post chapters of At First Sight, until I finish chapter ten of The Nearest To My Heart.

At First Sight takes place in September of 1963 during a break in The Beatles schedule. George Harrison along with his older brother Peter visit their sister Louise and her family in Benton, Illinois. George falls for the lovely, charming and beautiful sixteen year old Theo, but can their love lasts once The Beatles hit it big?

At First Sight - Chapter Two
Old Apr 18, 2013, 07:07 PM   #32
infogal
Little Child

Hey I've been catching up and reading what I can here. Going to your LJ is a sight for sore eyes. I love that you have such creativity and it's something I look forward to! Oh and a Julian fan wanted to ask you something, hope you got the message.
infogal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2013, 01:52 AM   #33
jonesingjay

Thanks, I'm glad you're enjoying what you've read so far over at my LJ. I'm finding it difficult to put together chapter ten of The Nearest To My Heart. I'm not sure when that story will be getting updated.
Old Apr 19, 2013, 04:13 PM   #34
infogal
Little Child

No need to hurry or rush on my account. I'm still catching up so you shouldn't feel rushed. And quality is always better than quanity so don't feel bad about not having as much as you feel you should. ;)
Old Apr 19, 2013, 05:00 PM   #35
jonesingjay

I'm taking my time. I don't feel rushed, but I don't want to lose my momentum.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 01:51 AM   #36
jonesingjay

Hello guys!

I've completed Chapter Ten of The Nearest To My Heart. You can read it here. Sorry about the delay. I do hope the content of the chapter makes up for it.

Old Apr 26, 2013, 06:48 PM   #37
infogal
Little Child

Brilliant! Charlie is really such a cool character and not at all caught up in the "illusion" so to say...and it's really great to read, it's so captivating! Thanks so much for the update here!

Last edited by infogal : Apr 26, 2013 at 06:48 PM.
Old Apr 27, 2013, 12:26 PM   #38
jonesingjay

Thank you for reading and for taking the time to comment. I do appreciate it and it is motivating as well.

Charlie isn't caught up in the image of The Beatles as a band or individuals. Then again, this is before they've reached worldwide fame, but they are pretty big in their native country at this moment. I'm thrilled that you are enjoying her. It can be difficult to make original characters as engaging and interesting as the lads for readers.
Old May 14, 2013, 11:51 PM   #39
infogal
Little Child

It's FAB! Thanks for all you do! :)
Old May 15, 2013, 04:07 AM   #40
jonesingjay

Thanks. LOL. I don't really do anything. Just post my story updates, and hope that people enjoy them, but I definitely appreciate your kind words.

Last edited by jonesingjay : May 15, 2013 at 04:08 AM.