BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Beatles Forums > Paperback Writer

Old Jan 01, 2013, 05:17 PM   #1
jonesingjay

Default Jonesingjay Fan-fiction

Hello, everyone. I'm a writer of Beatles fan fiction. I've been part of the fandom since 09. I decided to join this community to share my newest story 'The Nearest To My Heart' here.

During the Beatles Christmas show concert dates they strike up a friendship with their co-liners the Debutantes a up and coming black girl group from New York (Loosely based on The Ronettes). Paul and John both find themselves interested in the lead singer and budding songwriter, Charlie 'Tilly' Tillman. Will friendship turn to love with Paul and Charlie or John and Charlie and will society and the demands of the lads fame ruin things before they properly begin?

I hope you will read it and let me know what you think.

Chapter One

Prologue

Last edited by jonesingjay : Jan 03, 2013 at 04:50 AM. Reason: adding a link
jonesingjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 01, 2013, 11:29 PM   #2
infogal
Little Child

This is so fabulous! I love it! I am so glad to see a Story-Thread here that I can personally endorse and find very well written!

Thank you so much for sharing and giving us a fic-story thread! I hope to see more!
infogal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 02, 2013, 07:37 AM   #3
SF4-EVER

Welcome to Beatlelinks, jonesingjay!

My novella, Lyon's Legacy, about a scientist traveling back to the TwenCen to visit her fictional rock star ancestor, is now available as an e-book from Amazon, B&N, and Smashwords and in paper from CreateSpace and Amazon.
SF4-EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 03, 2013, 04:49 AM   #4
jonesingjay

infogal, Thank you for your kind words. I wanted to spread the word about my stories, and I felt this was a good community to do so. I hope to see some comments from you on the newest story I am writing.

sf4-ever, Thank you for welcoming me to the community.
Old Jan 04, 2013, 11:18 PM   #5
infogal
Little Child

Sandra (sf4-ever) is a great writer and I endorse her stuff as well, I recommend her sci-fi/fantasy stories as well as her Beatles stuff.

And no problem! I offer kind people kind words! ;)
Old Jan 06, 2013, 10:32 PM   #6
Terri287
Little Child

Thumbs up

I have to echo infogal's sentiments! "Nearest to My Heart" is fantasic story that is well written and - just when you think every topic that can be conceived of in Beatles fiction has been, (even if some perhaps shouldn't have been!) - it is original. Although it is technically a "romance" fic, Jonesingjay manages to avoid the dreaded "Mary Sue" trap and keeps the plot moving along so you want to keep reading. This is definitely worth the read!

"Is there anybody going to listen to my story...?"
www.dasliebchenkind.com
Original Beatles Fan Fiction
Terri287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 07, 2013, 09:03 AM   #7
jonesingjay

infogal, you're very kind. Thank you, once again.

Terri287, that's high praise coming from you. You already know that I think highly of your writing. And, I always rec it when the opportunity presents itself.
Old Jan 08, 2013, 08:32 AM   #8
Miss O'Dell
Dr. Robert

Just to add my recommendation too! 'Nearest to My Heart' is a great story. A twist on the usual girl-meets-Beatle romance. I'm very much enjoying it.

Welcome to Beatlelinks too, Jay! ;)

Be sure to visit the Beatles Fan Fiction Directory !!
...and Atom Retro - My day job!
Miss O'Dell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 09, 2013, 01:32 PM   #9
jonesingjay

Thank you, Miss O'Dell, I appreciate your wonderful comments.

The Nearest To My Heart

During the Beatles Christmas show concert dates they strike up a friendship with their co-liners the Debutantes a up and coming black girl group from New York (Loosely based on The Ronettes). Paul and John both find themselves interested in the lead singer and budding songwriter, Charlie 'Tilly' Tillman. Will friendship turn to love with Paul and Charlie or John and Charlie and will society and the demands of the lads fame ruin things before they properly begin?

Chapter Two

Last edited by jonesingjay : Jan 09, 2013 at 01:34 PM. Reason: wanted to add a link
Old Jan 09, 2013, 04:49 PM   #10
infogal
Little Child

One thing I like about it is that it does avoid the Mary Sue aspect, as someone already mentioned. I also like the fact it avoids talking about the size of someone's body parts. So I appreciated the adult-themed basis without it sounding trashy and exhibitionist. Jonesingjay really gets a good plot from historical facts and uses them appropriately and keeps within the canon! I love it!!
Old Jan 10, 2013, 03:15 AM   #11
jonesingjay

Oh, yes, I want my original characters to be three dimensional. It's been a learning process from my first solo het story 'At First Sight'.

Well, I try to handle mentions of sex the best I can. It hasn't been introduced in 'The Nearest To My Heart' at this point in the story. I see no need to go into graphic details about ones genital area. LOL. That's not my style. I'd like for any sexual situations I do write to be well written and more importantly realistic and not an X-Rated badly written romance novel sex scene (I've got nothing against romance novels by the way).

I do my research, try to get things accurate in terms of how people spoke and the slang they used back then. You know, as well as setting the story and actions around the main characters in the appropriate historical context.

Thanks again for the kind words and noticing these things in my writing. It means a great deal to me.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 10:07 PM   #12
infogal
Little Child

Well it's very classy. You're a very classy writer. I don't particularly like romance novels but I've read stuff a lot worse than those 10cent novels. Stuff that should only be read if the reader is being PAID lol!

But anyway yeah, your stories are classy and I like the way you end your scenes. There's nothing pointless about them and they add to the overall story. There's connection there. It's not disjointed or all over the place. That's a sign of a good writer.

I really liked the way you wrote Ringo in Chapter Two! You nailed his character so well.

Last edited by infogal : Jan 10, 2013 at 10:11 PM.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 09:15 AM   #13
DizzymissLizzy909
Sun King

Great story so far, so easy to read. The dialogue flows so well and I love how Charlie's character is developing. It's been a long time since I've read any Beatles fan fic, but this is one I'm really looking forward to following
Old Jan 11, 2013, 11:09 AM   #14
jonesingjay

infogal, Thank you very much. I do try to move the plot along. I'm especially conscious of that in 'The Nearest To My Heart' because the time frame of events is relatively short. I've got a lot planned in that amount of time. I try not to 'waste' scenes if I can help it. Oh, and I'm glad you enjoyed that Ringo appearance. He hasn't been a real part of this story (further in the background than George), but he'll be popping up again.

DizzymissLizzt909, I'm thrilled you're enjoying 'The Nearest To My Heart' and are finding it to be an easy read. Charlie is a fully realized character, and I'm trying to get that across. I think I'm doing a good job of it so far. So, it's encouraging to hear from you that you are enjoying her character development. Welcome back to the world of Beatles fan fiction!
Old Jan 13, 2013, 08:20 AM   #15
jonesingjay

The Nearest To My Heart

Chapter Three
Old Jan 20, 2013, 09:10 AM   #16
jonesingjay

Hello, everyone! It's been a week, and I thought another update was due. I hope you're still reading, and that you'll let me know what you think. Enjoy what is left of your weekend.

The Nearest To My Heart

Chapter Four
Old Jan 21, 2013, 08:45 PM   #17
infogal
Little Child

Oh I need to catch up! I am reading and so far, it's FAB! I'm really enjoying your story, JSJ! You have put together a very interesting plot and it's been a joy to read thus far.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 08:20 AM   #18
jonesingjay

Thanks, infogal! I appreciate you taking the moment to leave a comment.

Don't get too far behind! LOL. You might not get caught up. I'm glad you're still enjoying the story.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 11:47 AM   #19
jonesingjay

Hello!

I want to thank everyone who has been checking this thread, and I'd like to send a special thanks out to those of you who have taken the time to comment with your thoughts here as well as the site I host my stories.

The Nearest To My Heart

Chapter Five
Old Feb 13, 2013, 07:07 AM   #20
Fleurette1967
Little Child

This story is fabulous and seems so real, LOL. Paul taking Charlie to the fish and chips. <cheeeep> Ha ha. LUV. I have your page bookmarked, not to put any pressure on you.
Fleurette1967 is offline   Reply With Quote