BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Solo Forums > Menlove Avenue

Old May 24, 2012, 06:19 AM   #121
erinluv182
Taxman

Send a message via AIM to erinluv182

I really can't imagine Linda sleeping with anyone else while she was married to Paul, let alone John. Can you imagine how hurtful that would've been to Paul? It's no secret Guiliano dislikes Linda, and he's spread all kinds of hateful things about her. I'm ashamed to say (when I was a newbie fan and didn't know any better) that I read a bio he wrote about Paul, and I disliked Linda as a result.

And I don't think Linda would've been jealous of Yoko, either. To me, her dislike of Yoko probably had a lot to do with the fact that she saw what Yoko's presence and actions were doing to Paul. But that's just my opinion.

Once you go Macca, you never go bacca.
erinluv182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2012, 04:14 AM   #122
misfittoy
Dr. Robert

I wonder if Linda disliking Yoko is a myth. I think the only thing she disliked was the studio presence and maybe Klein.

Yoko talks about Linda making dinner for all of them while she was very pregnant with Paul's first child. After the Abbey road photo shoot, John and yoko went to Paul's for tea.
Plus, in the slash groups, postcards that John and Yoko sent Paul and Linda where auctioned off. Several where covered with glitter and hearts.
our reaction in that group was, "Enemies don't put glitter and hearts on their postcards to each other."
misfittoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2012, 08:42 AM   #123
Maia 66
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfittoy View Post
I wonder if Linda disliking Yoko is a myth.
I've always thought that was a load of BS, too. I'm sure they were never besties or anything... and I'm also sure Linda was maybe a little put off by Yoko at times, but Linda was such a sweet person, plus she knew it was important to keep the lines as open as she could between John and Paul, so I'm sure she was very accepting of Yoko.

All I want is the truth
Just give me some truth...

Maia 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2012, 05:07 PM   #124
Apple Scruff
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinluv182 View Post

And I don't think Linda would've been jealous of Yoko, either. To me, her dislike of Yoko probably had a lot to do with the fact that she saw what Yoko's presence and actions were doing to Paul. But that's just my opinion.
And how do you know Linda ever disliked Yoko? I don't think she ever did. At worse, Linda was probably indifferent but I don't think she had any active dislike of Yoko. Linda liked John a lot. Initially, John was the Beatle she adored the most since she saw them in concert, and it was he she was originally interested in getting to know- until she realized he was both attached and extremely complicated, and Paul and her hit it off.

But aside from this, John never had anything but good things to say about Linda- as I recall he even said "everyone" pretty much liked Linda. Who couldn't! She just seemed like an awesome person overall and, if I were completely honest with myself, Linda is probably my fave Beatles wife by a hair over Yoko. I just feel like she has this incredible mother-earth beauty and glow about her...she was natural and real and strong in a way that I totally dig. Like, I don't get the Cynthia Lennon society's "oh Cyn was so brave" crap but I definitely do find Linda strong. She was actively ridiculed and was so 'GTFO like I care' about it.

Quite like Yoko. Which is why I believe her and Yoko were very similar in many ways, and very tough. Real. I don't think they hated one another and I'm pretty sure there was almost a distant respect- because each knew that the other had their man's back and they weren't going to mess with each other. I love that.

Last edited by Apple Scruff : May 27, 2012 at 05:08 PM.
Apple Scruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2012, 07:50 PM   #125
Maia 66
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Scruff View Post
and I'm pretty sure there was almost a distant respect- because each knew that the other had their man's back and they weren't going to mess with each other. I love that.
Oh, I agree. Plus, I think Linda was just too sensible a person to waste her time hating on Yoko. BOTH of them took it bad from the public at first, so they had that bond from the get-go... I think they had an implicit understanding of one another that made them naturally sympathetic.

All I want is the truth

Old May 28, 2012, 05:23 AM   #126
Snoopy66
Paperback Writer

Red face

Quote:
Which is why I believe her and Yoko were very similar in many ways, and very tough. Real. I don't think they hated one another and I'm pretty sure there was almost a distant respect- because each knew that the other had their man's back and they weren't going to mess with each other. I love that.
Sorry, but I don't really buy that. Linda and Yoko were/are both very strong personalities, but this is were the comparsion ends to me. I can't see anymore similarities whatsoever, they were as different like John and Paul. And I still believe that they didn't like each other much - distant respect at most, nothing more between them.

Snoopy
Snoopy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2012, 05:24 AM   #127
Snoopy66
Paperback Writer

Red face Yoko & Linda

Quote:
Which is why I believe her and Yoko were very similar in many ways, and very tough. Real. I don't think they hated one another and I'm pretty sure there was almost a distant respect- because each knew that the other had their man's back and they weren't going to mess with each other. I love that.
Sorry, but I don't really buy that. Linda and Yoko were/are both very strong personalities, but this is were the comparsion ends to me. I can't see anymore similarities whatsoever, they were as different like John and Paul. And I still believe that they didn't like each other much - distant respect at most, nothing more between them.

Snoopy
Old May 28, 2012, 05:26 AM   #128
Snoopy66
Paperback Writer

Red face Linda & Yoko

Quote:

Snoopy
Old May 28, 2012, 07:55 AM   #129
maxeythecat
Nowhere Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy66 View Post
I read several times that John and Linda get along very well and that John was Linda's favourite Beatle. But I don't believe the story of GG that they had an affair behind Paul's back either. I just found it a funny passage of the book

Though, I read that Linda has tried to get closer to John first, but had no chance as John only had eyes for Yoko then. So she turned then to Paul. This I believe could be true. It would also explains why Linda didn't like Yoko, just because she was jealous that she got John.

Snoopy
I seriously don't think she tried to"get close" in the manner being insinuated here...in fact this entire story was "told" to GG from that always reliable source Jojo Laine. Seems that she and John had an "encounter" one afternoon
...they'd supposedly ran into each other on the streets of NYC and of course Jojo being the "desirable and I know it type", she managed to score a Lennon slam-dunk in her bed. Of course post coital conversation ensued and of course things got round to the subject of Paul and Linda. It was during this conversation that our reliable source Jo says that John spilled the beans bout a shagging good morning he had with Linda. Seems John paid a visit to Paul's London home and though he wasn't there, Linda was, dutifully making the beds and doddering about her daily routine. John (according to Jo) had been kinda curious about Linder and wanted to see what she would do if he made a pass at her, so he did, she accepted then badaboom-BOOM, next thing ya know they're doing the you know what in you know who's bed. It was only that one time of course and of course Jojo Laine via GG is a totally reliable source, right? RIGHT.
maxeythecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2012, 09:06 AM   #130
wildewoman
Taxman

Ah, Jojo Laine. Ginger Baker said no sane man would go near her. I would take anything she had to say with a grain of salt the size of Lot's wife.

Rest in peace, Jojo you piece.
wildewoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2012, 09:17 AM   #131
maxeythecat
Nowhere Man

Yeah, she really was one, wasn't she? Whatta schtup. I knew a quite a few people that knew her and all say the same thing...she truly was a legend in her own mind.
maxeythecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2012, 09:18 AM   #132
misfittoy
Dr. Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy66 View Post

Snoopy
Yoko herself talks about all the times Linda cooked dinner for her and John and I've seen the postcards Yoko sent her.
Old May 28, 2012, 09:21 AM   #133
misfittoy
Dr. Robert

As far as Jo jo repeating a story she heard from John to GG, I question all three sources. (yes, I do question John at times)
Old May 28, 2012, 09:33 AM   #134
Maia 66
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildewoman View Post
Ah, Jojo Laine. Ginger Baker said no sane man would go near her.
What?? Are you saying John was insane?? How dare you!

(To those who don't realize it, I am joking...)

All I want is the truth

Old May 28, 2012, 12:05 PM   #135
wildewoman
Taxman

I dunno, even if he schtupped her, which I doubt, I can't imagine he'd tell stories like that to that well-known blabbermouth skank. This IS the guy who got his knickers in a twist over George banging Maureen after all.

Last edited by wildewoman : May 28, 2012 at 12:07 PM.
wildewoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2012, 12:37 PM   #136
Maia 66
Sun King

When it comes to s#!t we don't know about the Beatles, I tend to believe that just about anything is possible... however, I highly doubt both John and Linda would stoop so low. Whether John would blab it all to a "well-known blabbermouth skank" is a bit more plausible, however, 'cuz our Johnny was not always known for his discretion in trusting the right people. But I'm pretty sure she just made it all up.

All I want is the truth

Old May 28, 2012, 04:52 PM   #137
hibgal
Sun King

It wouldn't surprise me if John had really told such a story. It would surprise me if it was actually true. I agree with Misfit here; John can't always be relied on. Writing this I can almost hear John saying (as he did in some interviews when called on something he'd said) "It was just a joke, okay?" The man did know how to tell a story and sometimes he was a bit careless with the facts without really intending to lie. That is true.

Sometimes I dream in colors
It always happens when
I find myself with others
Who don't pretend
hibgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2012, 06:12 PM   #138
Apple Scruff
Sun King

Thumbs down Jojo Laine

I'm not a fan of Jojo's version of affairs one bit. She had a jealous b1tchiness towards Linda that just rubbed me the wrong way. And since it was as clear as day how she felt about Lady Macca, I believe she would find great joy in making her look as bad as possible.

However, like Maia said and the point of me even bringing it up: anything is possible. Personally, John and Linda seem like they'd have been an interesting couple in a way. I find each so inspiring in different ways...so I had to throw it in here! Not to start anything, but just because it has been one of those darker little tales in Beatledom with very little proof of anything but heresay from a pack of...well, how do I say it nicely?
Old May 28, 2012, 06:24 PM   #139
4iiiis
Mr. Moonlight

Default John's Oedipus Complex?

Let's bring this soiree really low and discuss this revealing audio:

A brief audio snippet where John talks about hanging out with his Mom, and ummm....well, he had thoughts of...well, ummm...why don't you just go have a listen yourself and tell me what you think?
4iiiis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2012, 07:23 PM   #140
Maia 66
Sun King

Why, Mr. 4iiiis... you are the provacateur, aren't you?? Hey, we were talking about groupies and illicit affairs, so I s'pose incest is the appropriate next step...

All I want is the truth

Last edited by Maia 66 : May 28, 2012 at 07:45 PM.