BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products



Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Solo Forums > Menlove Avenue


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Mar 14, 2012, 10:24 AM   #101
Fly
Dr. Robert
 
Fly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 21, 2002
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Posts: 1,302
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy66 View Post
Sorry Fly, but I don't think that John & May made an odder match than John & Yoko

... and no: May doesn't look "like his nanny"; the age-difference wasn't obvious between them, at least they had a similar size

However, it was a good thing for John to be with a younger woman for a change

Snoopy
Ok, she doesn't look notably younger but she looks kind of like an older teenager due to her under-developed body and face. Anyways, I don't care about that so much as the fact that the woman couldn't handle John. Look at him crying in that picture with her. He was probably embarrassed over some drunk episode and needed to be told, "Stop that sh** you are making a fool out of yourself" but May was probably like, "Oh John. You poor baby." And he already knows it's not a good thing- what you WANT to hear and what you NEED to hear are two entirely different matters. And May was giving him plenty of the former and little-to-none of the latter.

That's why Yoko was always the perfect match for John and vice versa. She knew how to handle him, and she loved him and wanted what was best for him in the long-run. Not just for the night, so he wouldn't lose it or fall off the wagon again.
__________________
"It does not matter how old you are, you're as young as you feel right now." John Lennon
Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2012, 08:19 AM   #102
Snoopy66
Paperback Writer
 
Snoopy66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 11, 2009
Posts: 2,501

Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly View Post
Ok, she doesn't look notably younger but she looks kind of like an older teenager due to her under-developed body and face. Anyways, I don't care about that so much as the fact that the woman couldn't handle John. Look at him crying in that picture with her. He was probably embarrassed over some drunk episode and needed to be told, "Stop that sh** you are making a fool out of yourself" but May was probably like, "Oh John. You poor baby." And he already knows it's not a good thing- what you WANT to hear and what you NEED to hear are two entirely different matters. And May was giving him plenty of the former and little-to-none of the latter.

That's why Yoko was always the perfect match for John and vice versa. She knew how to handle him, and she loved him and wanted what was best for him in the long-run. Not just for the night, so he wouldn't lose it or fall off the wagon again.
Now that you mention it: May looks indeed a bit like an "older teenager", but under-develooped ? I'd say she just looked younger than her real age, no reason to be jealous, aren't you ?

John doesn't look very comfortable in the picture; like as if he was embarrassed; still he looked great during that period I don't think that May couldn't handle him at all, otherwise they wouldn't have stayed together for over a year. But May did have problems when John was drinking to much; I guess she was overburdened with that, but she certainly didn't encourage him to do so either.

Yoko had a "stronger hand" than May, and I admit that John NEEDED that for sure, which probably was a reason for the breakup with May (unfortunately).

And what your remark "not just for the night" concerns... oh well, this never was the highest attribute of Yoko, I guess... *and runs quickly away...*

Snoopy
Snoopy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2012, 01:15 PM   #103
Fly
Dr. Robert
 
Fly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 21, 2002
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Posts: 1,302
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy66 View Post
Now that you mention it: May looks indeed a bit like an "older teenager", but under-develooped ? I'd say she just looked younger than her real age, no reason to be jealous, aren't you ?
Jealous? What the f***? Woman, I have absolutely not one bone of jealousy towards May Pang outside of the fact that she was born at the right age to legally bump John, while I was born in 1974 and, therefore, such dreams were crushed from the start.

I like May's loudmouth and her brash personality. We could be friends in that regard. But her dragging of Yoko through the press and stupid references back to her [relatively short] existence with John (compared to Yoko's) pis$ me off. Plus, I was ALSO a skinny 20-something as well, so May's body does nothing to impress me to the point of jealousy. No thank you. I would much rather envy Yoko: a lady who had a great body HER WHOLE LIFE and brains, talent, and a f*** you personality that still gives me chills.


Quote:
John doesn't look very comfortable in the picture; like as if he was embarrassed; still he looked great during that period I don't think that May couldn't handle him at all, otherwise they wouldn't have stayed together for over a year. But May did have problems when John was drinking to much; I guess she was overburdened with that, but she certainly didn't encourage him to do so either.
Don't misunderstand Snoopy, John looked GREAT all the time. The Lost Weekend is my sh** because I was born during that time. So obviously I feel some connection. May didn't encourage him but she didn't really do much discouraging either. Recall in her book some incident when John was at Elton's the day before their show and apparently was snorting coke somewhere. Where the f*** was May? Probably doing the same. Don't buy the "I'm so innocent, oh drugs! I never did those" sh** she is hawking. She was getting high and we have pictures that prove it (unless she always pulls a cray-cray face for fun).


Quote:
Yoko had a "stronger hand" than May, and I admit that John NEEDED that for sure, which probably was a reason for the breakup with May (unfortunately).

And what your remark "not just for the night" concerns... oh well, this never was the highest attribute of Yoko, I guess... *and runs quickly away...*

Snoopy
Oh shut the f*** up. You and your Yoko bashing can stop right now. I think YOU are jealous of Yoko, Snoops. It's just obvious and I totally understand it.
__________________
"It does not matter how old you are, you're as young as you feel right now." John Lennon
Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2012, 08:12 PM   #104
Apple Scruff
Sun King
 
Apple Scruff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 10, 2002
Location: Ohio, USA
Posts: 10,536

Default Now now you two!!!

(pops in and reads latest posts)

Fly and Snoopy...

__________________
"Let me live in you..." ~ John Lennon

Last edited by Apple Scruff : Mar 15, 2012 at 08:14 PM.
Apple Scruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2012, 08:14 PM   #105
4iiiis
Mr. Moonlight
 
4iiiis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 22, 2011
Location: Off the Walls & Over the Bridges
Posts: 946
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly View Post
Jealous? What the f***? ...
....
Oh shut the f*** up. You and your Yoko bashing can stop right now. I think YOU are jealous of Yoko, Snoops. It's just obvious and I totally understand it.
Yikes, I don't want to get in the middle of this hair-pulling, mud-slinging fun-fest...but I have to admit, I DO love catfights!
4iiiis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2012, 12:40 AM   #106
Snoopy66
Paperback Writer
 
Snoopy66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 11, 2009
Posts: 2,501

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4iiiis View Post
but I have to admit, I DO love catfights!
Me too, 4iiiis

Snoopy
Snoopy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2012, 01:25 PM   #107
Fly
Dr. Robert
 
Fly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 21, 2002
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Posts: 1,302
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy66 View Post
Me too, 4iiiis

Snoopy
Please. You backed away from my last post because you KNOW I was right in every word.
__________________
"It does not matter how old you are, you're as young as you feel right now." John Lennon
Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2012, 02:28 AM   #108
Snoopy66
Paperback Writer
 
Snoopy66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 11, 2009
Posts: 2,501

Wink You're wrong !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly View Post
Please. You backed away from my last post because you KNOW I was right in every word.
No, sorry to disappoint you, dear Fly, but I don't "back away"

Actually, I'm just thinking about what I should answer, so just wait and see...

Snoopy
Snoopy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2012, 07:24 AM   #109
LMW28IF
Wild Honey Pie
 
LMW28IF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 29, 2011
Location: Holding the ladder under the bathroom window
Posts: 533
Default

Do the Yoko cat fights get old eventually for everyone else as well?
__________________
"And they's no ree-shee bobbly blue gee goo...."
LMW28IF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2012, 03:21 PM   #110
Apple Scruff
Sun King
 
Apple Scruff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 10, 2002
Location: Ohio, USA
Posts: 10,536

Wink Should I even go there?

Ok, I just have to know what you all think about that [ridiculous] story about John and Linda and John hooking up that GG concocted, which was apparently obtained from some "confidential" source? I forget all the details because I believe I aggressively disposed of my GG books in a fit of rage, but I always wonder...

Could it have happened?
__________________
"Let me live in you..." ~ John Lennon
Apple Scruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2012, 03:31 PM   #111
J.Winston.L
Nowhere Man
 
J.Winston.L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 15, 2012
Location: Michigan, USA
Posts: 245
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Scruff View Post
Ok, I just have to know what you all think about that [ridiculous] story about John and Linda and John hooking up that GG concocted, which was apparently obtained from some "confidential" source? I forget all the details because I believe I aggressively disposed of my GG books in a fit of rage, but I always wonder...

Could it have happened?
I have no idea what you are talking about but I would like to hear you explain and/or speculate.
__________________
God gave me wisdom but the Devil gave me style.

Last edited by J.Winston.L : May 23, 2012 at 03:34 PM. Reason: to correct spelling
J.Winston.L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2012, 03:31 PM   #112
J.Winston.L
Nowhere Man
 
J.Winston.L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 15, 2012
Location: Michigan, USA
Posts: 245
Default

........................
__________________
God gave me wisdom but the Devil gave me style.

Last edited by J.Winston.L : May 23, 2012 at 03:34 PM. Reason: to delete a double post
J.Winston.L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2012, 03:39 PM   #113
Apple Scruff
Sun King
 
Apple Scruff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 10, 2002
Location: Ohio, USA
Posts: 10,536

Default Dang, you want an explanation...I'll do my best here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Winston.L View Post

I have no idea what you are talking about but I would like hear you explain and/or speculate.
There is this really hack, despicable author named Geoffrey Giuliano who writes a ton of Beatles/John related books, 99% of which are pure garbage. However, he develped some credibility at some point because he apparently obtained John's actual diary through a series of correspondences with a pack of thieves, one of which was none other than Fred Seaman, John's former personal assistant.

Anyways, Fred took John's diary (and a load of other things) after his murder claiming that he was told (by John) to give them to Julian. Jules, to this day, says he has never even seen said diary and etc. and, well, Yoko took Seaman to court in 2003 (I believe) and shade was thrown all over that perp.

But, long story short, this dude Robert Rosen apparently got hold of the diary, and Geoffrey through Rosen.

This book was written (go read the reviews and laugh). And in the book, GG claims John and Linda had an affair at some point during/after The Beatles breakup. Ok, it was something like John went over to their house, Paul wasn't there, Linda invited John in and...well, you know.

But GG claims John had a "thing" for Linda in his book, and I'm just throwing something out there for us to speculate over. Nothing to disrespect John or Linda, or Yoko and Paul. It's all an open book- and that could not be more literal in this case.

Explained enough?
__________________
"Let me live in you..." ~ John Lennon
Apple Scruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2012, 04:12 PM   #114
maxeythecat
Nowhere Man
 
Join Date: Oct 05, 2005
Posts: 218
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Scruff View Post
There is this really hack, despicable author named Geoffrey Giuliano who writes a ton of Beatles/John related books, 99% of which are pure garbage. However, he develped some credibility at some point because he apparently obtained John's actual diary through a series of correspondences with a pack of thieves, one of which was none other than Fred Seaman, John's former personal assistant.

Anyways, Fred took John's diary (and a load of other things) after his murder claiming that he was told (by John) to give them to Julian. Jules, to this day, says he has never even seen said diary and etc. and, well, Yoko took Seaman to court in 2003 (I believe) and shade was thrown all over that perp.

But, long story short, this dude Robert Rosen apparently got hold of the diary, and Geoffrey through Rosen.

This book was written (go read the reviews and laugh). And in the book, GG claims John and Linda had an affair at some point during/after The Beatles breakup. Ok, it was something like John went over to their house, Paul wasn't there, Linda invited John in and...well, you know.

But GG claims John had a "thing" for Linda in his book, and I'm just throwing something out there for us to speculate over. Nothing to disrespect John or Linda, or Yoko and Paul. It's all an open book- and that could not be more literal in this case.

Explained enough?
Actually I think GG wrote that John went over to Paul's house one afternoon only to find that he'd gone out. Linda was doing a bit of housework or something to that effect and while she was in the process of making the bed, he came onto her and they both ended up under the sheets....seemed that JL'd been a bit curious about her and wanted to see what would happen if he made a play and well...there you go. In all honesty, this tale has about as much truth to it as Hitler saying that he wasn't gonna invade Poland..simply stated it's absolute BULLSHIT. That stupid bugger doesn't have an honest bone in his body and to call him a hack is being kind.
maxeythecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2012, 04:22 PM   #115
Apple Scruff
Sun King
 
Apple Scruff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 10, 2002
Location: Ohio, USA
Posts: 10,536

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxeythecat View Post
Actually I think GG wrote that John went over to Paul's house one afternoon only to find that he'd gone out. Linda was doing a bit of housework or something to that effect and while she was in the process of making the bed, he came onto her and they both ended up under the sheets....seemed that JL'd been a bit curious about her and wanted to see what would happen if he made a play and well...there you go. In all honesty, this tale has about as much truth to it as Hitler saying that he wasn't gonna invade Poland..simply stated it's absolute BULLSHIT. That stupid bugger doesn't have an honest bone in his body and to call him a hack is being kind.
I agree 150% on GG and his credibility.

I must look for my glorious GG meme that said it all in no uncertain terms.

However, I wanted to throw some speculation out there because, after all, we're good for that on Menlove. Discussion is the basis of everything here.
__________________
"Let me live in you..." ~ John Lennon
Apple Scruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2012, 04:23 PM   #116
hibgal
Sun King
 
hibgal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 01, 2006
Posts: 26,650



Default No way, Jose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Scruff View Post
Linda and John hooking up <snip>

Could it have happened?
Nope. It's just too far fetched for many reasons.

First, I've never heard either Linda or John say or show any particular interest in each other.

Second, Linda was a VERY motherly mother and she had all these kids around her that were excellent chaperones.

Third, in a house with servants, this would be such explosive stuff that SOMEBODY would've spilled the beans.

Forth, John was furious with George for bedding Maureen. He called in incestuous and I can't believe John would've berated George and do the same thing himself. John wasn't that kind of hypocrite.

Fifth, Linda was incredibly loyal to Paul and if there was one thing he wouldn't have forgiven it's her going to bed with John.

I could go on!

Nice racket though to claim having access to an unknown diary. You can say anything and people can't prove you wrong. Off with his head!
__________________



Sometimes I dream in colors
It always happens when
I find myself with others
Who don't pretend
hibgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2012, 10:01 PM   #117
Maia 66
Sun King
 
Join Date: Sep 09, 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,360

Default

I think the John/Linda story is a load of BS, too... but one possible correction to your argument above. Hasn't it always been said that John was Linda's favorite Beatle until she actually met him?

Anyway, my feeling is that GG and others make up stories like this because it feeds into their Beavis & Butthead-like fascination with the notion that "Linda was a slut." The poor lass had to endure "former groupie" before her name for so long that some idiots still can't let it go. (And NO, I'm not calling Linda a slut... I've got nothing but love for the woman.)

Last time we discussed this topic, I believe I asked this same question ---> What about the Paul/Yoko story? I tend to believe that one... it makes much more sense, especially because it allegedly occurred before Yoko even met John.

But who knows? Either story could be true... or not. Or partially true.
__________________

All I want is the truth
Just give me some truth...


Maia 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2012, 06:30 AM   #118
misfittoy
Dr. Robert
 
misfittoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 14, 2011
Posts: 1,074
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Scruff View Post
There is this really hack, despicable author named Geoffrey Giuliano who writes a ton of Beatles/John related books, 99% of which are pure garbage. However, he develped some credibility at some point because he apparently obtained John's actual diary through a series of correspondences with a pack of thieves, one of which was none other than Fred Seaman, John's former personal assistant.

Anyways, Fred took John's diary (and a load of other things) after his murder claiming that he was told (by John) to give them to Julian. Jules, to this day, says he has never even seen said diary and etc. and, well, Yoko took Seaman to court in 2003 (I believe) and shade was thrown all over that perp.

But, long story short, this dude Robert Rosen apparently got hold of the diary, and Geoffrey through Rosen.

This book was written (go read the reviews and laugh). And in the book, GG claims John and Linda had an affair at some point during/after The Beatles breakup. Ok, it was something like John went over to their house, Paul wasn't there, Linda invited John in and...well, you know.

But GG claims John had a "thing" for Linda in his book, and I'm just throwing something out there for us to speculate over. Nothing to disrespect John or Linda, or Yoko and Paul. It's all an open book- and that could not be more literal in this case.

Explained enough?
I don't buy it at all. I do remember Linda saying that John had been her favorite Beatle during the Beatlemania years. My own suspicions and these are my own was that John may have tried to manipulate Linda to manipulate paul during the Klein years but then, it was her family that was involved too. Yes, I can see Yoko and John being that conniving, but we'll never know.
misfittoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2012, 06:33 AM   #119
misfittoy
Dr. Robert
 
misfittoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 14, 2011
Posts: 1,074
Default

two points about Gulliano:
one: Some of his ideas such as George sleeping around behind Olivia's back from the book Dark Horse have turned out to be true.
two: He faked his own death around 9/11 to sell more books, I've been told.
misfittoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2012, 06:46 AM   #120
Snoopy66
Paperback Writer
 
Snoopy66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 11, 2009
Posts: 2,501

Post John & Linda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maia 66 View Post
I think the John/Linda story is a load of BS, too... but one possible correction to your argument above. Hasn't it always been said that John was Linda's favorite Beatle until she actually met him?

Anyway, my feeling is that GG and others make up stories like this because it feeds into their Beavis & Butthead-like fascination with the notion that "Linda was a slut." The poor lass had to endure "former groupie" before her name for so long that some idiots still can't let it go. (And NO, I'm not calling Linda a slut... I've got nothing but love for the woman.)
I read several times that John and Linda get along very well and that John was Linda's favourite Beatle. But I don't believe the story of GG that they had an affair behind Paul's back either. I just found it a funny passage of the book

Though, I read that Linda has tried to get closer to John first, but had no chance as John only had eyes for Yoko then. So she turned then to Paul. This I believe could be true. It would also explains why Linda didn't like Yoko, just because she was jealous that she got John.

Snoopy
Snoopy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
John's Hands... Apple Scruff Menlove Avenue 121 Jul 19, 2012 06:09 PM
Fierce, Fabulous, Flawless: a celebration of John's hair (in words and pics) Apple Scruff Menlove Avenue 114 May 01, 2012 06:21 PM
From Life To Life - A Garden For George FPSHOT Crackerbox Palace 4 Aug 14, 2008 11:14 PM
Yoko Approves Musical About John's Life Siobhan Menlove Avenue 10 Apr 14, 2003 10:10 AM
Everyday Items in a Life Allow Lennon Fans to Imagine beatlemethisbeatlemethat I Read The News Today 5 Sep 28, 2001 10:50 AM


Advertisements

All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Site Features
Search Links

  Advanced Search
Category Jump



BeatleMail

FREE E-MAIL
@ BEATLEMAIL.COM


Username


Password




New User Sign-Up!
Lost Password?
Beatles History




Donate
The costs of running our database and discussion forum are steadily rising. Any help we receive is greatly appreciated. Click HERE for more information about donating to BeatleLinks.
Extras
» Chat Room
» Current News
» Monthly Contest
» Interviews Database
» Random Site
» Banner Exchange
» F.A.Q.
» Advertise
» Credits
» Legal
» Contact Us
Copyright © 2000-2019 BeatleLinks
All Rights Reserved