BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Solo Forums > Menlove Avenue

Old Mar 04, 2012, 01:04 PM   #61
4iiiis
Mr. Moonlight

Ok, sorry I like to digress...
Anywho, John IS everywhere, even at my local, backwoods McDonalds!
They just played "Watching The Wheels"!
I even heard a Julian song here the other day that I can't place the title of.
Gotta give props to McD's for the good taste in music, despite their terrible food

Last edited by 4iiiis : Mar 04, 2012 at 01:04 PM.
4iiiis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 05, 2012, 07:30 AM   #62
Fly
Dr. Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4iiiis View Post
I'm sorry Apple! Maybe you prefer the dashing looks of "Gollum" from "The Lord Of The Rings", Phil's long-lost brother. He at least has nicer hair than Phil ;-)

What the f***ing nightmare is this? I click on the 'John is everyehere' thread hoping to see visuals of a beautiful man and I am confronted by this monstrocity. It is too early in the morning for something this foul. I don't know how old Phil Spector is, but he needs to stay the f*** away from a camera for everyone's own good.

Now, please post some JOHN someone. Suppose a child wanders in here!
Old Mar 05, 2012, 10:51 PM   #63
Apple Scruff
Sun King

41. It won't shock you that I pay attention to these kinds of things, but fashion risk-takers Proenza Schouler were inspired by the meshing of East and West (omg, "You Are Here") for their Fall/winter 2012 collection. In other words, their clothes were very Japan meets the western world a la Yoko and John, whose music apparently was played while the models walked down the catwalk!

Quote:
It was also mixed with an Oriental theme out of the 70s with a mixture of kimonos and a John Lennon song in the background making it almost Japanese street meets biker gang.

Last edited by Apple Scruff : Mar 05, 2012 at 10:53 PM.
Apple Scruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 06, 2012, 04:13 PM   #64
4iiiis
Mr. Moonlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly View Post
What the f***ing nightmare is this? I click on the 'John is everyehere' thread hoping to see visuals of a beautiful man and I am confronted by this monstrocity. It is too early in the morning for something this foul. I don't know how old Phil Spector is, but he needs to stay the f*** away from a camera for everyone's own good.

Now, please post some JOHN someone. Suppose a child wanders in here!
Ok Fly....and Apple....and to anyone else I scared the s**t out of, I'M SORRY. Yes, I agree about Phil, but I don't think he really wanted his picture taken that day. That was one they took as he was being hauled off on murder charges

Anyways....I will make it up to you gals with this pretty picture:

Last edited by 4iiiis : Mar 06, 2012 at 04:13 PM.
4iiiis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2012, 07:47 AM   #65
Snoopy66
Paperback Writer

Cool Nowhere Boy

During lunchtime I went today to a small theatre in order to get tickets for the movie "The Iron Lady". As I had some time left, I hanged out by the board and read the commercial-outlets. Just then I distractly listened to a discussion between the sales-woman and and eldery, hippy-like man. He asked her: "I'd like to watch a moving, impressive and outstanding movie, which one would you recommend ?" The sales-woman, after thinking a while, answered: "The last movie, which really impressed me was "Nowhere Boy", the story about John Lennon's early years" Oh dear, I was sooooooo surprised; didn't expect to hear that !!!!! The man said, o.k., in this case, I take it. Can you believe it, but this truly made me in high spirits

So you see, John is everywhere, even in little theatres of little towns like Basle in Switzerland

Snoopy
Snoopy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2012, 07:49 AM   #66
Fly
Dr. Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy66 View Post
During lunchtime I went today to a small theatre in order to get tickets for the movie "The Iron Lady". As I had some time left, I hanged out by the board and read the commercial-outlets. Just then I distractly listened to a discussion between the sales-woman and and eldery, hippy-like man. He asked her: "I'd like to watch a moving, impressive and outstanding movie, which one would you recommend ?" The sales-woman, after thinking a while, answered: "The last movie, which really impressed me was "Nowhere Boy", the story about John Lennon's early years" Oh dear, I was sooooooo surprised; didn't expect to hear that !!!!! The man said, o.k., in this case, I take it. Can you believe it, but this truly made me in high spirits

So you see, John is everywhere, even in little theatres of little towns like Basle in Switzerland

Snoopy
That's sweet Snoopy. I loved that movie.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 07:39 AM   #67
Snoopy66
Paperback Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly View Post
That's sweet Snoopy. I loved that movie.
Thank's, Fly

I was glad to make a contribution in this thread. I received "Nowhere Boy" as a Christmas-present... and STILL haven't watched it ; I know it's a shame, but I will watch it soon.

Snoopy
Old Mar 13, 2012, 08:41 AM   #68
Fly
Dr. Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy66 View Post
Thank's, Fly

I was glad to make a contribution in this thread. I received "Nowhere Boy" as a Christmas-present... and STILL haven't watched it ; I know it's a shame, but I will watch it soon.

Snoopy
For f**** sake watch that movie woman! What is taking you so long? I know you ski a lot, but 2 hours out of your weekend isn't much to ask.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 09:21 AM   #69
Fly
Dr. Robert

Default Don't want to start a political debate, but...

John was mentioned in the opening paragraph of this article: http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blo...nd-sarah-palin

Here it is:

Quote:
To understand Sarah Palin it might work best to view the movie “The U.S. v. John Lennon.” The Nixon administration was unaccountably preoccupied with John Lennon. One of the commentators said that they had no interest in others like Mick Jagger and saw him as a flighty, marginal figure. But Nixon, his men and the FBI were dogged and driven in their obsession with Lennon. Likely the same with Palin. The latest, the HBO offering “Game Change,” suggests as well that people can’t stop thinking about her. Possibly because she and her husband, Todd, late of the Alaska Independence Party, are, like Lennon, potentially revolutionary figures.
Let's just look at the JOHN reference and smile because obviously people give a sh**.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 10:28 AM   #70
Maia 66
Sun King

OH NO THEY DIDN'T!!!!! How in the hell are they gonna compare that self-serving, hypocritical, hate-mongering AIRHEAD to the genius that is John Ono Lennon?! Both "potentially revolutionary figures"???!! What kind of revolution can she start... Idiots-Who-Know-Nothing-About-Public-Policy-But-Want-to-Control-Your Government United?

John threatened a paranoid, unenlightened, and out-of-touch administration because they could not understand that he was a force for good... while Palin threatens ANY American with a triple-digit IQ!

All I want is the truth
Just give me some truth...

Maia 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2012, 11:00 AM   #71
Apple Scruff
Sun King

Default PREACH Maia!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maia 66 View Post
OH NO THEY DIDN'T!!!!! How in the hell are they gonna compare that self-serving, hypocritical, hate-mongering AIRHEAD to the genius that is John Ono Lennon?! Both "potentially revolutionary figures"???!! What kind of revolution can she start... Idiots-Who-Know-Nothing-About-Public-Policy-But-Want-to-Control-Your Government United?

John threatened a paranoid, unenlightened, and out-of-touch administration because they could not understand that he was a force for good... while Palin threatens ANY American with a triple-digit IQ!

You are not the only one disgusted by that comparison. Why are they always trying to attach John to politics he never stood for or believed in?

I'm glad Fly posted it because we need to be informed of how far we have fallen with intelligent journalism.

Last edited by Apple Scruff : Mar 13, 2012 at 11:02 AM.
Apple Scruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2012, 02:25 AM   #72
Snoopy66
Paperback Writer

Post I agree, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maia 66 View Post
[b]How in the hell are they gonna compare that self-serving, hypocritical, hate-mongering AIRHEAD to the genius that is John Ono Lennon?!
I totally agree with your statement, Maia..... don't want to sound fussy, but next time, you can leave the "Ono" out; "John Lennon" is faaar long enough as a name

Snoopy
Old Mar 14, 2012, 03:36 AM   #73
misfittoy
Dr. Robert

I can't stop thinking about Palin because she's shoved in my face by her fans and she's the type of woman I don't get along with
misfittoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2012, 09:21 PM   #74
Apple Scruff
Sun King

(Found on Tumblr)

44. John is everywhere. Even in the homes of random people who make John dolls doing everyday, mundane activities (that may or may not correlate with stuff he really did in his own life):

Old Mar 23, 2012, 04:38 AM   #75
Snoopy66
Paperback Writer

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Scruff View Post
(Found on Tumblr)

44. John is everywhere. Even in the homes of random people who make John dolls doing everyday, mundane activities (that may or may not correlate with stuff he really did in his own life):

Aaw, that's a sweet picture, Scruffie

It's nice to see John in relation just with "every-day-things" like cornflakes.

Snoopy
Old Mar 23, 2012, 04:47 AM   #76
LMW28IF
Wild Honey Pie

John is on a first grader's T-Shirt while plays some basketball on the Northeast side of Indianapolis, IN

And on the kids iPod.

Old Mar 23, 2012, 04:54 AM   #77
LMW28IF
Wild Honey Pie

And on his wii gaming system, as well as his Dad's, brothers and sisters IPhones music playlists . Not Mom's though, she better get with it!
Old Mar 23, 2012, 05:23 AM   #78
Maia 66
Sun King

Well done, Sir! Well done! If it weren't for the current paranoia pervading Los Angeles public schools, I would take some photos of my students. Many of them have become Fab fans because of my influence, and anyone wearing a Beatles tee gets pointed out to me real fast by fellow students. I have one 5th grader who comes up to me and challenges me with lyrics. POor lad, he can't understand yet that he's not gonna stump me with any regular catalog songs!

All I want is the truth

Last edited by Maia 66 : Mar 23, 2012 at 05:24 AM.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 10:55 PM   #79
Apple Scruff
Sun King

Default Glee

46. I don't ever watch this show. Never saw an episode. But I found this on YouTube and I was very moved, once again, by the power of this astonishing song...read the comments because those are from casual Glee fans. Shows you the power of John.

Old Mar 29, 2012, 09:43 AM   #80
Maia 66
Sun King

Default John *is* Everywhere...

...especially in my school. Tonight is our annual arts event, and this year the theme is...

All I want is the truth