BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Solo Forums > Menlove Avenue

Old May 18, 2011, 07:29 PM   #1
Peregrine9
Sgt. Pepper

Default Yoko Ono Lennon : Articles And News Updates

Ifs its ok with the moderators and everyone.I am going to start posting new articles,interviews and updates on Yoko Ono Lennon in this thread.Then the general discussions people have and start about Yoko and the Plastic Ono band etc will have their own threads to.So there is one thread for all news updates.

Status Magazine
May 18, 2011

Nearing her octogenarian years, YOKO ONO releases “Move on Fast” as part of her ongoing dance remix series. All the while, she continues to value everything which is natural, which is infinite, which is yes.You can forget many things in the sixties. You might even want to forget that the Vietnam War happened. But surely, you won’t forget The Beatles and the woman blamed for breaking them up—Yoko Oh-no—so the pun goes. But at 78, she remains unstoppable in embracing everything affirmative. Today, she tells me, “Living in this world was always tough for everybody. So why not try to make it better by saying yes? I’m here now not because I kept saying no, you know. Yes is what brought me at being 78, and I’m very thankful.”

http://statusmagonline.com/features/...sue-interview/
Old May 18, 2011, 07:55 PM   #2
darkhorse23
Dr. Robert

It better be OK with the "powers that be," there is unquestionably nobody on this Earth where John's spirit continues to live than through Yoko. She has done a tremendous job of continuing John's work, his message. All of the Yoko bashers are going to face the day where she is no longer with us, and that would be another part of John Lennon's life that would be taken form us.
www.americanpatrol.com[/color]
darkhorse23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2011, 09:07 PM   #3
Apple Scruff
Sun King

Ugh, I don't even want to imagine that (no pun intended). Yoko's existence and her actions towards peace are so heartwarming and, absolutely, she is the other half of John. I see her and her lovely, quirky ways and I instantly think of John. Their union, in my opinion, was probably the most significant and inspirational of all rock and roll romances. Two completely different people, from different races/backgrounds finding each other through love. There were consequences and controversies, but John and Yoko still remain one of the most compelling and beautiful couples in history.
Old May 20, 2011, 07:35 PM   #4
Peregrine9
Sgt. Pepper

Default Yoko News and Updates thread

I agree with you Apple Scruff and Darkhorse23 about Yoko.What I was trying to say is using just ONE thread for all news updates and new interviews with Yoko.Thanks for supporting me starting this thread.Of course if people want to,they should start their own separate threads if they want to.I just wanted to be sure me starting this Yoko news and new interviews thread to keep everything in one place is ok.You are right darkhorse.Yoko is I think 78 or 79 years old.We don't know how much longer at her age we will have her.I hope she lives to be a ripe old age.That will be another part of John Lennon's life that will be taken from us. That way other discussions can have their own threads on Yoko and and her relationship with John etc.

This is a actual quote from John Lennon
They want to hold onto something they never had in the first place. Anybody who claims to have some interest in me as an individual artist or even as part of the Beatles has absolutely misunderstood everything I ever said if they can’t see why I’m with Yoko. And if they can’t see that, they don’t see anything. John Lennon

Also here is beautiful quote from Yoko
Don't ever give up on life.Life can be so beautiful,especially after you've spent a lot of time with it. Yoko Ono Lennon

Last edited by Peregrine9 : May 20, 2011 at 07:38 PM.
Peregrine9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2011, 07:55 PM   #5
Peregrine9
Sgt. Pepper

Default 1 new Yoko Interview and one music clip

I have a couple new Yoko updates.Everyone have a safe, positive and great weekend and take care.

Newnownext.com
May 20, 2011
Video Interview: Talking Music, Art, Butt-Shaking & Gay Rights with the Legendary Yoko Ono

http://www.newnownext.com/2011/05/20...dary-yoko-ono/

http://soundcloud.com/yokoono/hell-in-paradise
Old May 22, 2011, 02:35 PM   #6
Peregrine9
Sgt. Pepper

Default One new Yoko Ono news article

I have one new update.Interesting article.This was posted by someone on Yoko's Facebook page

Why Yoko is so XXXXing Awesome
May 16, 2011

In 1973, Yoko Ono kicked her husband John Lennon, the most famous man in the world, out of their New York home. She had had it. Yoko met John in 1966, at the height of his fame. In an interview the couple did with Playboy Magazine in 1980 (Yes, the year he died.), Yoko explained that she always was a "Moving on" kind of girl. She indicated that when she met John the world saw him walk on water. He could do no wrong and with him, she had no voice, no space of her own. Others in the Beatles/Lennon entourages would outright ignore her wishes and opinions. They balked at her work and generally demeaned her as a harpy riding on the coattails of a real artist.

http://spnstr.blogspot.com/2011/05/w...g-awesome.html
Old May 22, 2011, 04:31 PM   #7
Apple Scruff
Sun King

Interesting last article Peregrine. I tend to look at it as far more mutual, but I enjoyed reading this person's take on the J&Y relationship. It makes sense, though "raw honesty" was something John employed in his work even before he met Yoko. This writer should go back and listen to "No Reply", "I'm A Loser," "Help," and many others. John was a seminal talent with or without Yoko. This person is, however, making a lot of sense with regards to how people unfairly and cruelly attacked and labeled Yoko. She wasn't the only one involved in the union.

However, I still like to hold on to the quote she placed in Rolling Stone magazine this past December:

"Did It matter that the whole world hated you if your guy loved you that much?"

Not only is that a powerful quote, it's a class act quote. Yoko never stoops down to their level- all the DJs, the nasty fans, the media personalities, and even some of the ex-Beatles and their entourage (in the past)...she preferred to focus on the positive- or at least she does now.

Last edited by Apple Scruff : May 22, 2011 at 04:32 PM.
Apple Scruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2011, 09:59 PM   #8
Peregrine9
Sgt. Pepper

Default John Lennon Educational Tour Bus Comes To The Mirage June 6-11-2011

Broadway World
May 27, 2011
John Lennon Educational Tour Bus Comes To The Mirage June 6-11-2011

In conjunction with The BeatlesTM LOVETM by Cirque du Soleil® 5th Anniversary, the John Lennon Educational Tour Bus is pulling up to The Mirage for public tours and recording sessions June 6 - 11. Guests will be able to try out the latest in recording and video technology including products from Avid, Epiphone, Apple and more. Additionally, guests will have the opportunity to bring the studio experience home by entering to win an Epiphone guitar signed by Yoko Ono. To enter, visit www.lennonbus.org/love.

http://lasvegas.broadwayworld.com/ar...-6-11-20110527
Old Jun 06, 2011, 05:08 PM   #9
Peregrine9
Sgt. Pepper

Default I really like this version of Yoko's of ' Walking on Thin Ice '

I really like this version of Yoko's of ' Walking on Thin Ice '

Yoko Ono - Walking On Thin Ice (with Jason Pierce of Spiritualized)

Yoko Ono inspires either reverence or indignation whenever her name is mentioned. Being the surviving widow of John Lennon is no easy task, either. But for the last six decades, Ono has been an artist first and foremost. Lennon helped to make her a recording artist. Her own records have been both celebrated and reviled, but her catalog stands on its own and it holds up as a reflection of the artist in her time.

http://soundcloud.com/yokoono/walkin...e-jason-pierce