BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > New Products > The Remasters

Old Aug 30, 2010, 12:31 PM   #1
The_Taxman
Rocky Raccoon

Send a message via AIM to The_Taxman
Default My complaint with the remasters.

My one complaint about the remasters are that for the most part, the booklets don't have lyrics!

Sgt Pepper has all the lyrics...so does The Beatles (White album)...Magical Mystery tour has some...but why not the others?

I like reading lyrics while a song is playing.

Anyone else have this complaint?
The_Taxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2010, 02:49 PM   #2
BeatleFanForever
Little Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Taxman View Post
My one complaint about the remasters are that for the most part, the booklets don't have lyrics!

Sgt Pepper has all the lyrics...so does The Beatles (White album)...Magical Mystery tour has some...but why not the others?

I like reading lyrics while a song is playing.

Anyone else have this complaint?
How's it going The_Taxman? I hope all is well with you. I hear you on this one! Capitol should have done a lot better with THE BEATLES REMASTERS. THE BEATLES are the greatest band that music ever produced and deserved the best treatment possible as far as remastering their music. The truth of the matter is that THE BEATLES DID NOT receive the best treatment by Capitol Records and they should have. I'm very disappointed with Capitol Records. I'm a firm believer in the Bootlegs such as THE BEATLES BLUE BOX REMASTERS and THE BEATLES MILLENNIUM REMASTERS CD Collections. Take care.
BeatleFanForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2010, 03:33 PM   #3
BeatleNut9
Wild Honey Pie

I thought I remembered reading [before they came out] that they would have the lyrics inside to truly replicate the originals. That's the weirdest part about it!
BeatleNut9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2010, 08:06 PM   #4
bobdude
Dr. Robert

For the sake of realism( or to really replicate) to the originals, there were only 2 original Beatles LP's that had the lyrics when released. Which is why the lyrics are hard to find on the remasters. Sgt. Pepper's was one of the very first LP's in rock music history to have the lyrics included. If I am not mistaken the lyrics to the White album are on the reverse side of the included poster. As for the Magical Mystery Tour only having some, it's probably because it was only an EP when first released. From MMT through I Am the Walrus on the EP. Capitol records flushed out the second side by including singles that had not been previously on LP'S. From Please Please Me through Revolver, nary a lyric to be found on the originals.
Old Mar 22, 2014, 06:11 AM   #5
Bongo
Nowhere Man

Lightbulb

My only complaint with these, is the White Album isn't made like the Original, "as stated".

Original UK White LPS are Top loading (opening) for the LP's to slide out of, not the sides like all the rest of the releases.

I guess if I want to be real picky, all the albums had gatefold flipped over on the back of the LPS, and again this isn't the case.

What's so hard about reproducing Originals?????

Other than that, nice artwork, great LP label reproductions on the Parlophone & Apple labels.

Nice touch on the Past Masters with the first LP being Parlaphone, and the Second being an Apple LP.
Bongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2014, 06:17 PM   #6
Ivan P
Nowhere Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
My only complaint with these, is the White Album isn't made like the Original, "as stated".

Original UK White LPS are Top loading (opening) for the LP's to slide out of, not the sides like all the rest of the releases.

I guess if I want to be real picky, all the albums had gatefold flipped over on the back of the LPS, and again this isn't the case.

What's so hard about reproducing Originals?????

Other than that, nice artwork, great LP label reproductions on the Parlophone & Apple labels.

Nice touch on the Past Masters with the first LP being Parlaphone, and the Second being an Apple LP.
I believe the stereo remasters had no intention of being faithful to the original packaging (aside from the front and back cover artwork).

If you want the CDs in packaging similar to the original LPs, I recommend the Mono box set - most albums are in 'standard' sleeves like their LP counterparts, while Beatles For Sale, Sgt Pepper and The White Album have the gatefold sleeves like their original LPs. And - most importantly - The White Album has the CDs come out the top of the packaging.
Old Mar 23, 2014, 06:03 AM   #7
Bongo
Nowhere Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan P View Post
I believe the stereo remasters had no intention of being faithful to the original packaging (aside from the front and back cover artwork).

If you want the CDs in packaging similar to the original LPs, I recommend the Mono box set - most albums are in 'standard' sleeves like their LP counterparts, while Beatles For Sale, Sgt Pepper and The White Album have the gatefold sleeves like their original LPs. And - most importantly - The White Album has the CDs come out the top of the packaging.
And that's exactly what I'm talking about. If you get the mono set, then you are missing a few mini LPs that won't be the similar, like Abbey Road & a couple of others.

Anyways, I figured that all the money we spend on all these re-issues & anniversary sets, I'm better off slowly buying the Original UK LP's. It will be a 1 year project where I'll buy 1 or 2 a month until I've purchased all 13 LP's.

Got the White Top Loading LP, gatefold with a low number. That was easier than I hoped.

The only problem I have is whether to get the mono LP's or the Stereo!!!!!!!! Or both.

Last edited by Bongo : Mar 23, 2014 at 06:05 AM.
Bongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2014, 08:29 AM   #8
Colonel Angus
Dr. Robert

There is something to be said for hearing these records on beautiful 180 gram virgin vinyl.
Colonel Angus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2014, 11:57 AM   #9
Bongo
Nowhere Man

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
There is something to be said for hearing these records on beautiful 180 gram virgin vinyl.
Good point, and I don't want to get into that argument of "Analog vs Digital", but I absolutely love hearing the Beatles on the 2009 Stereo CD box set.