BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Solo Forums > Crackerbox Palace

Old Jul 26, 2010, 12:12 PM   #1
Hari's Chick

Wink George Harrison called me a bastard!

The beloved Mark Hudson shares a few really cute George stories!

http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyl...k-hudson-0726/

*excerpt*

George Harrison called me a bastard! He made this album with Ravi Shankar called Chants of India and it had the Ohm sign on the cover. Well, he put that sign on a baseball hat, which I thought was fantastic, so I made the same hat in purple and gave one to Ringo. Now George was a great gardener – he liked to go to these shows where they are selling trees and shrubbery from the middle ages and Ringo shows up wearing my hat. And George says, “I didn’t make that hat in purple.” So Ringo tells him that I made it for him and he goes, “That bastard, he stole my design.” And Ringo says, “Well, George, it is 5,000 years old.” So it wasn’t a real “bastard” – more tongue in cheek.

Then there was the time at Harry Nilsson’s funeral. Every songwriter was there – Jimmy Webb, Paul Williams, Van Dyke Parks, George, the list of people was scary and it was the day after the last big L.A. earthquake. So we are all sad and sullen and standing around the grave and George goes. “[Expletive] You.” And we are all shocked and we thought he was having some kind of angst. And then he says, “That was always my favorite song.” [Hudson sings a la George] “You’re Breaking My Heart, Tearing it Apart, Well [Expletive] you,” so then we all joined in and sang it.

"That bastard, he stole my design" ~ haha!!!

I know sometimes George did have little things made which were sort of signiture Om things. He had some pins made to send to fans and they were custom. So anytime you see one like it, it really was special on many levels!

Anyone have a pic of George in an Om baseball hat? I wanna see!
Old Jul 26, 2010, 12:23 PM   #2
Badgirl66
Banned

Mark is the uncle of Kate Hudson daughter of Goldie Hawn.
Badgirl66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2010, 12:23 AM   #3
Hari's Chick

It was so nice of Mark to share his stories about George. :)
Old Aug 01, 2010, 10:22 PM   #4
CWW
Wild Honey Pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hari's Chick View Post

The beloved Mark Hudson shares a few really cute George stories!

http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyl...k-hudson-0726/

*excerpt*

George Harrison called me a bastard! He made this album with Ravi Shankar called Chants of India and it had the Ohm sign on the cover. Well, he put that sign on a baseball hat, which I thought was fantastic, so I made the same hat in purple and gave one to Ringo. Now George was a great gardener – he liked to go to these shows where they are selling trees and shrubbery from the middle ages and Ringo shows up wearing my hat. And George says, “I didn’t make that hat in purple.” So Ringo tells him that I made it for him and he goes, “That bastard, he stole my design.” And Ringo says, “Well, George, it is 5,000 years old.” So it wasn’t a real “bastard” – more tongue in cheek.

Then there was the time at Harry Nilsson’s funeral. Every songwriter was there – Jimmy Webb, Paul Williams, Van Dyke Parks, George, the list of people was scary and it was the day after the last big L.A. earthquake. So we are all sad and sullen and standing around the grave and George goes. “[Expletive] You.” And we are all shocked and we thought he was having some kind of angst. And then he says, “That was always my favorite song.” [Hudson sings a la George] “You’re Breaking My Heart, Tearing it Apart, Well [Expletive] you,” so then we all joined in and sang it.

"That bastard, he stole my design" ~ haha!!!

I know sometimes George did have little things made which were sort of signiture Om things. He had some pins made to send to fans and they were custom. So anytime you see one like it, it really was special on many levels!

Anyone have a pic of George in an Om baseball hat? I wanna see!

Wow!! where did you find all this? I love all these little anecdotal stories about George, particularly in his later years...

haha thats a great line from Ringo about how the Om is a sacred 5000 year old symbol!! Hmm wonder if Ringo wore it when he turned up to the chelsea flower show in 99 with George when George had his famous gardening hat on? Ringo doesnt have it on in the pics, but maybe he took it off or left it in the car!!

no pics of George in the baseball cap but apparently he was photographed at Derek taylors funeral with a baseball cap on and the press wrote about that soemwhat disparingly..knowing George it PROBABLY was the Om cap..highly fitting for a funeral i would have thought, and this would have been 1997 too, a year after Chants was released...

Love Mark Hudson, its a shame he appears to have had a fall out with Ringo..Mark should have offered to get George a purple Om cap!! George was probabaly flattered someone has 'lovingly' ripped him off haha

"take me to the river, drop me in the water..."
- David Byrne
CWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 01, 2010, 11:05 PM   #5
darkhorse23
Dr. Robert

Mark is also a pleasure to meet and talk to. When he signed on of my Ringo CD's, he drew a music note and a star on it.
www.americanpatrol.com[/color]
darkhorse23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 03, 2010, 01:40 PM   #6
beatlebangs1964

Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964

I joke about how anybody can act in a bastardly way, but you have to be born INTO bastardy!

I jokingly call it a "reverse birthright."
Let's just say I can "legitimately" claim it.

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/c...rtc/signatures

http://www.reddit.com/r/troubledteen...aten_at_green/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7g0oiJ52Gw

Read www.rooftopsessions.com for high caliber Beatles fan fiction.

Last edited by beatlebangs1964 : Aug 04, 2010 at 09:13 AM.
beatlebangs1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 03, 2010, 07:24 PM   #7
Hari's Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWW View Post
Wow!! where did you find all this? I love all these little anecdotal stories about George, particularly in his later years...

haha thats a great line from Ringo about how the Om is a sacred 5000 year old symbol!! Hmm wonder if Ringo wore it when he turned up to the chelsea flower show in 99 with George when George had his famous gardening hat on? Ringo doesnt have it on in the pics, but maybe he took it off or left it in the car!!
It sounds like it, yeah? :D

Quote:
no pics of George in the baseball cap but apparently he was photographed at Derek taylors funeral with a baseball cap on and the press wrote about that soemwhat disparingly..knowing George it PROBABLY was the Om cap..highly fitting for a funeral i would have thought, and this would have been 1997 too, a year after Chants was released...
The press are so bad. Like Derek would care if George wanted to wear a cap! That's the last thing Derek would be thinking from the Great Beyond... "Yes, lovely, this Other Side, but I say, George really is making a fashion faux pas..." Silly!!

We gotta keep looking for Om cap pics now. :) Maybe one will surface on the devotee grapevine somewhere...

Quote:
Love Mark Hudson, its a shame he appears to have had a fall out with Ringo..Mark should have offered to get George a purple Om cap!! George was probabaly flattered someone has 'lovingly' ripped him off haha
I bet so too!