BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > New Products > Rock Band

Old Feb 09, 2010, 02:19 PM   #1
Lucy

Send a message via AIM to Lucy Send a message via MSN to Lucy
Smile Guitar game puts Beatles at top

Guitar game puts Beatles at top

http://www.news-mail.com.au/story/20...s-back-at-top/

THE Beatles split up almost 40 years ago, but merchandise featuring the band is back in popularity all of a sudden.

The catalyst was the release of the Beatles: Rock Band video game package last year, which turned a whole new generation on to the iconic British band.

Rock Band is a music video game in which participants hold a plastic guitar, or other instruments, and can pretend to be rock stars by keeping in time with the music notes on screen.

’Bout Time Music’s Mark Hewetson said guitar straps featuring the Fab Four had suddenly become very popular.

“All of a sudden there’s this big hype,” he said. “We used to have a strap for each of the albums the Beatles released but they’re selling quickly.”

Mr Hewetson said the release of the Rock Band game meant there was a new lot of young people who appreciated the Beatles.

“At least the young ones don’t come in now and look at them and say, ‘who are those guys?’” he said.
Old Feb 09, 2010, 07:39 PM   #2
DizzymissLizzy909
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy View Post
Mr Hewetson said the release of the Rock Band game meant there was a new lot of young people who appreciated the Beatles.

“At least the young ones don’t come in now and look at them and say, ‘who are those guys?’” he said.
I'm really glad younger people are able to recognize and appreciate who they were, because of modern releases such as Rockband. Everyone knows who the Beatles are now... but, for example, I was talking to another university student on the bus the other day (early 20's, same age as me) who had never heard of Frank Sinatra before. I'd be astonished beyond words if I was talking to someone and they'd never HEARD of the Beatles.

I'm grateful the Beatles are still a part of popular culture today. Because of the modern surge in the interest of the group (i.e. Rockband), more people are able to understand how influential they really were. (if they weren't actually THAT big, we wouldn't still be talking about them today!)
Old Apr 15, 2010, 12:30 AM   #3
JudithKristen
Wild Honey Pie

Default Will I ever get it?

My son bought Rock Band for Christmas and I'm happy to say I got to "play" George Harrison at Shea Stadium... I just hope someday I can do the man justice. :)

I'm workin' on it. :)
JudithKristen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2010, 02:46 PM   #4
apieceofsky
Fool On The Hill

Its a great game for sure. hehe. I love to play it. And I agree, it is a lovely way to introduce younger kids to the Beatles. It was a nice idea. :)
apieceofsky is offline   Reply With Quote