BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Solo Forums > Goodnight Vienna

Old Feb 06, 2010, 02:26 PM   #1
I am the Paulrus
Bulldog

Default Watch Ringo's Hollywood Star Ceremonies on his Official Facebook Group

Watch Ringo's Hollywood Star Ceremonies on his Official Facebook Group

http://www.facebook.com/ringostarrmusic?ref=sgm

Hey everybody, did you notice the new tab "My Stuff"? You'll be able to watch the Ringo's Hollywood Walk of Fame induction ceremony there this coming Monday 2/8! There will be a pre-show beginning at 5pm PST(8pm EST/7pm CST) but the main event is at 7pm PST (10pm EST/9pm CST). Click on the image to show the live coundown!
Old Feb 06, 2010, 08:44 PM   #2
beatlebangs1964

Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964

Cool!

Way to go, Ring Man!

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/c...rtc/signatures

http://www.reddit.com/r/troubledteen...aten_at_green/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7g0oiJ52Gw
beatlebangs1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 08, 2010, 06:27 AM   #3
lennonluvr9
Sun King

Send a message via MSN to lennonluvr9

Cool. I dont think I'll be around a computer then but maybe I can catch the vid afterward. I'm glad Ringo's getting a Star, congrats to him!

"Logic?? My God, the man's talking about logic. We're talking about universal Armageddon!" Dr. McCoy, Wrath of Khan
lennonluvr9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 08, 2010, 04:59 PM   #4
I am the Paulrus
Bulldog

Looking forwards to watching Ringo getting his star(r) on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, tonight, Congratulations, Ringo! Go to this link to see the ceremony starting at 8pm EST/ 7pm CST/ 5pm PST for the pre-ceremony: http://www.facebook.com/ringostarrmu...149512&ref=sgm
Old Feb 08, 2010, 07:02 PM   #5
I am the Paulrus
Bulldog

Can't hear anything. Only visual. Source of the problem is at Ringo's website. No audio on website or on Ringo's FB page. Anyone else experiencing this, too?
Old Feb 08, 2010, 07:09 PM   #6
BeatleBonJoviFan
Paperback Writer

I can't hear a thing, either! That's so frustrating. I really wish I could hear what they're saying.
Old Feb 08, 2010, 07:46 PM   #7
I am the Paulrus
Bulldog

Without the audio, I didn't know who some of the people were that went on before Ringo. I recognized and saw Joe Walsh, Ben Harper and Ringo's wife, Barb. I saw Jeff Lynne standing in the background. Where were Paul, Yoko, Olivia, Dhani, Julian, and or Sean for this?Where were Ringo's sons Zak and Jason and daughter Lee? (I know Zak played with The Who at the Superbowl in Miami,yesterday). Or Sir George and Giles Martin? Mark Hudson? Jim Keltner? Who was the guy with the dreds, beard, shades, straw cowboy hat, and rastafarian scarf? Who was that older African-American woman? Was she Billy Preston's wife? Was she some big whig like those 2 guys in the suits that spoke at the beginning who are with HWOF?

Last edited by I am the Paulrus : Feb 08, 2010 at 08:40 PM.
I am the Paulrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 08, 2010, 08:13 PM   #8
LennonStarrFan
Rocky Raccoon

It was nice to see lots of fans come out for Ringo. But I was annoyed that the sound didn't work.
LennonStarrFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 08, 2010, 09:10 PM   #9
I am the Paulrus
Bulldog

Last edited by I am the Paulrus : Feb 08, 2010 at 09:42 PM.
I am the Paulrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 09, 2010, 06:00 AM   #10
lennonluvr9
Sun King

Send a message via MSN to lennonluvr9

Yay! Great pics, looks like they were having a good time

"Logic?? My God, the man's talking about logic. We're talking about universal Armageddon!" Dr. McCoy, Wrath of Khan
lennonluvr9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 09, 2010, 06:38 AM   #11
Jerry
Webmaster Of BeatleLinks

Send a message via AIM to Jerry

I was there! My cousin got us in the VIP area, and we had a great view of the whole thing. Naturally, my camera battery was dead on arrival, but my cousin got a ton of shots.

I had a list of people in my head that I thought for sure would be there and were - Barbara of course, Jeff Lynne, Joe Walsh, etc. My list of no-shows included Tom Petty, Zak, and maybe Jim Keltner, and even Olivia and Dhani. Yoko was a tossup for me. I figured McCartney wouldn't come, I think it would have distracted from Ringo's spotlight too much. George Martin isn't exactly a young kid, flying all the way out for this probably wasn't an option. I would guess that getting star really isn't a huge deal outside of the US, or even outside of LA. It's very very cool, but it's almost like getting a key to just another city.

The dude in the dreds was producer Don Was. The suits were official city people - LA city councilman Tom LaBonge, LA mayor Antonio Villaraigosa, the older lady was Congresswoman Diane Watson.

Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 09, 2010, 07:05 AM   #12
Dr. Robert

That's awesome. How cool to be that close and part of the action.
Old Feb 09, 2010, 08:51 AM   #13
Lucy

Send a message via AIM to Lucy Send a message via MSN to Lucy
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
I was there! My cousin got us in the VIP area, and we had a great view of the whole thing. Naturally, my camera battery was dead on arrival, but my cousin got a ton of shots.

I had a list of people in my head that I thought for sure would be there and were - Barbara of course, Jeff Lynne, Joe Walsh, etc. My list of no-shows included Tom Petty, Zak, and maybe Jim Keltner, and even Olivia and Dhani. Yoko was a tossup for me. I figured McCartney wouldn't come, I think it would have distracted from Ringo's spotlight too much. George Martin isn't exactly a young kid, flying all the way out for this probably wasn't an option. I would guess that getting star really isn't a huge deal outside of the US, or even outside of LA. It's very very cool, but it's almost like getting a key to just another city.

The dude in the dreds was producer Don Was. The suits were official city people - LA city councilman Tom LaBonge, LA mayor Antonio Villaraigosa, the older lady was Congresswoman Diane Watson.

oooh wow! so awesome that you got to be a part of it all!
Old Feb 09, 2010, 08:52 AM   #14
george<3
Dr. Robert

Great pics! Way to go, Ringo!

The power of magic, Beatley, Georgeous rainbows COMPELS you!!
george<3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 09, 2010, 08:52 AM   #15
Lucy

Send a message via AIM to Lucy Send a message via MSN to Lucy

Awww Ringo - I just love your comments on your bandmates!

Ringo Starr Reflects on Beatles’ “Beautiful” Bond at Walk of Fame Star Ceremony

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdail...fame-ceremony/

Ringo Starr returned to the iconic Capitol Records Tower and a gathering of several hundred Beatles fans to celebrate the unveiling of his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on Monday night. “I want to thank Capitol Records,” Starr said to cheers, glancing up at the tower. “It’s nice to look at a building that you helped pay for.”

The ceremony began as a column of local high school marching band drummers in red uniforms poured out the tower lobby pounding a festive beat. “OK, drummers!” announced Starr as he stepped to the podium, where the occasion was marked with speeches from Joe Walsh, Ben Harper and Don Was. “It’s also cool to get it at night,” Starr said, dressed in a black suit and shades. “Where I live the stars come out at night.”

Look back at the Beatles’ history in photos.

The Beatles were awarded a star on the walk in 1998. Starr is the third Beatle to be honored as a solo artist, following stars given posthumously to John Lennon and George Harrison. He pointed at the sidewalk outside Capitol’s Vine Street entrance, where the names of his late bandmates were written. “I love them both, and I want to send peace and love to both of them. And let’s not forget the guy’s who’s in England — Paul.

“They looked out for me and I looked out for them, and we all supported each other,” Starr said of the four Beatles. “It was really beautiful to be part of that. And besides that, we made some great records.”

Check out the illustrated guide to the Fab Four’s split.

Monday was also the 50th anniversary of the Walk of Fame, which honors filmmakers, musicians, stage, radio and TV performers. Standing nearby was a gathering of friends that included Eric Idle (Monty Python, the Rutles), filmmaker David Lynch, ELO’s Jeff Lynne, Edgar Winter and actress Barbara Bach, Starr’s wife of 30 years.

The first of Starr’s friends to speak was Walsh, who has worked with him as producer and sideman through the decades and then became his brother-in-law after marrying Bach’s sister, Marjorie, in 2008. Walsh said, “He’s not just the greatest drummer in rock history — from the greatest band in rock history — he’s also the greatest guy I know and the most kind and helpful friend you could ever want.”

The Eagles guitarist then turned the occasion into a roast of his friend, describing Starr in his earliest days as “a little kid with a very big dream and a pretty big nose.” He noted that the two first met in the mid-1970s during all-night jam sessions at the Record Plant studio in Los Angeles. “Neither of us really remember that but friends of mine told me we just had a really great time.”

Walsh produced Starr’s little-heard 1983 album Old Wave, and joked Monday, “That album did really good in Switzerland, and it was also number one in Lithuania.”

Producer Was called Starr “my hero,” and described the former Beatle’s drumming style as subtle and filled with personality. “There’s joy and there is jocularity in his playing that is irresistible,” he said. “They are simply manifestations of his great qualities as a man.”

Find out where Ringo ranks on our readers’ list of the best drummers.

Ben Harper, who has performed with his Relentless7 as Starr’s backup group in recent weeks during a brief promotional tour, said, “The Walk of Fame is receiving a star by which all other stars are measured.” Both Harper and Walsh appear on Starr’s just-released 15th solo album, Y Not.

Standing next to Starr at the podium, Harper said the very first song he learned to sing as a child was the Beatles’ “With a Little Help From My Friends,” the drummer’s beloved vocal from the album Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band. “Working as tirelessly as a 10-year-old could, so that I could learn every vocal inflection that Ringo sang — and I’ve got to admit, I nailed it.”

Starr laughed. “That’s what you think.”

Harper also read quotes he’d gathered from several major percussionists, including the Police’s Stewart Copeland, who said, “Ringo is the leader in the education for all young drummers of style over flash, always playing the right things rather than a lot of things.”

At the end of the ceremony, Starr expressed thanks to friends and dignitaries, repeating his current mantra of “peace and love, peace and love.” Looking back at Harper, Starr said, “He’s a great human being. I like to spend as much time as I can with great human beings, and the three guys who got up tonight are at the top of my list.”
Old Feb 09, 2010, 09:22 AM   #16
Jerry
Webmaster Of BeatleLinks

Send a message via AIM to Jerry

By the way, they put Ringo's star right next to John and George, just to the left of Capitol's front door. Anybody know where the star for The Beatles is? A lot of the area was covered up with carpet and other stuff.

I think Roy Orbison got his star last week or very recently, and he's literally right in front of the Capitol door.

Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2010, 03:50 PM   #17
dav-here
Sun King

Send a message via Yahoo to dav-here
Wink

BeatleChick and I were there last Sunday (the day before the ceremony) in front of the Capitol Records tower. We took some pics of Ringo's star, and we even got to touch it!

Last edited by dav-here : Feb 13, 2010 at 03:51 PM.
dav-here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2010, 01:11 AM   #18
FPSHOT
Sun King

FPSHOT is offline   Reply With Quote