BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Other Forums > Not Only A Northern Song

Old Oct 31, 2006, 05:27 AM   #1
joenamherst
Dr. Robert

Default R&R HOF 2007 Nominees Announced -UGGGGH!

It pains me to write this. The R&R HOF has just announced the nominees for the class of 2007. In order of who I think should be inducted...........Dave Clark Five, Van Halen, Ronettes, Joe Tex, The Stooges, Patti Smith, R.E.M., Chic and Grandmaster Flash. I am sure that everyone will agree with me that after the DC5, VH, and the Ronettes this list just plain sucks.....DONKEY!
Where is Wings?, Moody Blues?, Pat Benatar?, J.Geils?? Why don't they just add Milli Vanilli and Vanilla Ice to the list and be through with it?
The best part will be when David Lee and the rest of VH get back together on stage. The only hope that we have is that Brian Epstein will be inducted in 2007 as a non Performer!
Old Oct 31, 2006, 05:32 AM   #2
Georgie Girl
Sun King

Chic???!!!

The west is
the best.
Georgie Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2006, 05:57 AM   #3
Jerry
Webmaster Of BeatleLinks

Send a message via AIM to Jerry

Van Halen shoulda been in there a few years ago. And Dave on stage with them might not be that strange, considering there are serious rumors about the band touring next year with him. REM is a good choice. After that, I'm sorry but I just can't see anything else in a ROCK hall of fame.

Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2006, 05:58 AM   #4
Rellevart

Send a message via MSN to Rellevart

I dunno, I think REM deserves it.
Old Oct 31, 2006, 06:25 AM   #5
Legs
Sun King

When I saw " the Moody Blues" I thought, are they really getting in it's about time. Then ofcourse I read more carefully and saw you actually said "Where is Wings?, Moody Blues?, "

Where are they indeed, it unfortunately never going to happen.
Legs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2006, 06:35 AM   #6
Asha
Sun King

There have been many petitions signed to get the Moodies into the RnRHoF, but they're still not there. It's sad. The fan base really worked hard to get them in. However, the City of Hollywood, California gave in to the fans years ago & gave them a star! So, the power of fandom is usually quite good!
Asha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2006, 12:56 PM   #7
LetterB
Nowhere Man

Send a message via AIM to LetterB

Wow. this class is a dissapointment. I was really excited when I saw the topic and then, well I read the nominees. IMO Van Halen and R.E.M are most deserving of the group. I don't listen to either a ton, but think they both have good music and it is consistant.

The Ronettes have a couple good ones. What about chic, we can't forget to recognize Le Freak (awwwh FREAK OUT!) but maybe in the Wedding Reception Hall of Fame?

Yeh, disappointing. I go there a good deal too, in fact I am a member of the RRHOF (well technically not at the moment I let my membership lapse OOPS!).Living in Ohio has advantages. No Inductee T-shirt for me this year, unless the front is supa-cool.

"Has this world been so kind to you that you should leave with regret? There are better things ahead than any we leave behind." C.S. Lewis

"Broooup Brroooouup" Boga-Star Wars ROTS
LetterB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2006, 01:43 PM   #8
erinluv182
Taxman

Send a message via AIM to erinluv182

I don't think the nominees look that bad.

As for Wings getting in, it's just not going to happen. Paul is in as a solo artist, and that will be the extent of that one. Some people may disagree with me, but Paul McCartney was Wings. No Paul, no Wings. Props for Denny and Linda for their hard work in that band, but they are not deserving of an induction.

I stand behind the Rock Hall and their nominee list. They better just induct Brian Epstein soon.

Once you go Macca, you never go bacca.
erinluv182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 01, 2006, 09:43 AM   #9
AMBOISVERT
Dr. Robert

Hip-Hop/Rap isn't super popular on these boards, but Grandmaster Flash deserves some recognition for pioneering the genre. REM seems logical. I have no idea who Chic is, but otherwise the list seems nice. Not thrilling, but nice.

Tony

AMBOISVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 01, 2006, 04:23 PM   #10
beatlebangs1964

Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964

Chic? Of "Le Freak" infamy? And "Dance, Dance Dance" infamy? Why on earth is Chic being nominated.

I feel your pain, friend. Pass me those band-aids as well.

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/c...rtc/signatures

http://www.reddit.com/r/troubledteen...aten_at_green/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7g0oiJ52Gw
beatlebangs1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 01, 2006, 07:11 PM   #11
jtal909
Sun King

The Ronnettes have one of the biggest classic hits of all time Be My Baby, but it's really the brainstorm of Phil Spector.
Nonetheless, let them in.
Old Nov 14, 2006, 08:13 PM   #12
feelfab
Dr. Robert

I still say the R&R HOF is a joke, no offense to those who disagree, but if you've got to have one then Patti Smith absolutely deserves recognition. The Stooges for sure, and REM and Grandmaster Flash as well.
feelfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2006, 01:16 AM   #13
Zimmerman The Gnome
Sun King

Why is this list so bad? REM were one of the biggest acts in the world at their peak and still make great music. VanHalen and The Stooges are brilliant rock bands....Dave Clark 5 made great pop music and their anthology album shows how great they were. Patti Smith was very influenceal in the 1970's and the Ronnettes made one of the best pop songs ever!

Who do you want to see in it would be a seperate question!