BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Solo Forums > Menlove Avenue

Old Oct 22, 2005, 12:57 PM   #21
Zimmerman The Gnome
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepperland Kamer
Aye, but there are such things as lookalikes, maybe this mysterious person wasn't faking the nose, maybe he was just born with it.
I agree. Why is it on this forum certain people feel the need to question absolutely everything other people say and doubt all others opinions. So what if he has "Unique Hands". So no one has the same hands as John? Don't be ubsurd! Also the same case with the nose - others with have a "John Nose". I think it's very probable that The Who thought it would be good to have a John Lennon lookalike in their film. Would it have really stayed quiet all this time if THE John had been in the film.
I may b wrong but so may be the people who constantly put others views down. Dont be so quick to dismiss others views!
Old Oct 22, 2005, 01:01 PM   #22
beatlegirl9977
Sgt. Pepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimmerman The Gnome
Would it have really stayed quiet all this time if THE John had been in the film.
Stranger things have happened.

Light travels faster than sound. That's why most people seem bright until you hear them speak.
--Author Unknown

The answer is always Lennon and McCartney!!

beatlegirl9977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2005, 01:04 PM   #23
Zimmerman The Gnome
Sun King

True, they have but after John's death I'm sure there were many,many journalists and fans who looked into every detail of John's life and I'm pretty sure ( not certain) that this would have came out.
Old Oct 22, 2005, 01:28 PM   #24
HMVNipper
Sun King

Send a message via AIM to HMVNipper

I'm not "dismissing other views." I'm stating mine, and I think it very well could be John. So, obviously, do others here. Frankly, other people have "dismissed" the views of me and others here in the ways in which they said they don't think so. Clearly there are going to be people who think it is John and others who think it isn't. It's not the be all and end all of the world. The film in question is 30-odd years old, it's really not a big deal and it won't change a thing.

Now I'm speaking as a moderator, if it's going to degenerate into sniping, I'm going to close the topic. So, no sniping at those whose opinions differ, please.
"And this I believe: that the free, exploring mind of the individual human is the most valuable thing in all the world. And this I would fight for: the freedom of the mind to take any direction it wishes, undirected. And this I must fight against: any idea, religion, or government which limits or destroys the individual." - John Steinbeck

"When we blindly adopt a religion, a political system, a literary dogma, we become automatons. We cease to grow." - Anais Nin
HMVNipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2005, 01:31 PM   #25
Zimmerman The Gnome
Sun King

I'm not sniping and if we are to close every topic where there is a bit of sniping and disagreement then we may as well shut the whole forum down because what would be the point.
I dont believe anyone should question others opinions as everyone is entitled to one but that is what you have done to those who dont believe it;s John and yes, others have done to you. Everyone has an opinion and lets face it, I guess we'll never really knwo if its John!
Old Oct 22, 2005, 01:54 PM   #26
HMVNipper
Sun King

Send a message via AIM to HMVNipper

You are quite right, no one will ever know unless there's some documented proof someplace from someone who was there. Anyone care to write to Ken Russell?

I think "questioning another's opinions" is quite all right, provided it is done in a reasonable manner. Vociferous and opinionated debate is fine, but it should never degenerate into personal attack. Isn't the POINT of disagreeing on opinions "questioning" said opinions, after all? Believe me, I do not like to shut topics or even say that I might. But I also do not like when things degenerate into people screaming at each other, and I was afraid this one would.

Now, can we please move on?
"And this I believe: that the free, exploring mind of the individual human is the most valuable thing in all the world. And this I would fight for: the freedom of the mind to take any direction it wishes, undirected. And this I must fight against: any idea, religion, or government which limits or destroys the individual." - John Steinbeck

"When we blindly adopt a religion, a political system, a literary dogma, we become automatons. We cease to grow." - Anais Nin
HMVNipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2005, 01:59 PM   #27
ilovejohnlennon
Apple Scruff

Send a message via MSN to ilovejohnlennon

I still say it is NOT John and I still say i'm 100% sure because I just know. :P The face is all wrong.
ilovejohnlennon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2005, 03:56 PM   #28
Amiry
Fool On The Hill

Send a message via AIM to Amiry Send a message via MSN to Amiry Send a message via Yahoo to Amiry Send a message via Skype™ to Amiry

I showed the same thread that started this topic to my friend and fellow Beatle/Lennon fan, Zort, and this is what he had to say about this subject:

"Good God, that's Lennon. It's his hands, it's his nose. The thing is, this movie must've been filmed in LA around 74-75 during his lost weekend. And in those days, John was fond of wearing the square glasses; look at all the pics from that period. John was sometimes critical of The Who...it's interesting that he actually appeared in their movie...but then again, he was Keith Moon's drinking bud during those days. Also, John did have auburn hair."

I'm still inclined to think that it is him. I think it's an uncredited cameo. They almost never credit cameos anyway, and someone said that the other people in cars weren't credited either.

To think that every detail of John's life would be examined and revealed after his death is preposterous. There will always be things we will never know for sure. This is one of them, but I really think it was him.

HMVNiper, I'm with you when you say just when you think you've seen every picture, a new one surfaces.

Last edited by Amiry : Oct 22, 2005 at 03:57 PM.
Amiry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2005, 06:36 PM   #29
Loony_leo
Bulldog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejohnlennon
I still say it is NOT John and I still say i'm 100% sure because I just know. :P The face is all wrong.
Well I'm not 100% sure that it is or isn't him..... but I do agree with you.... something about his face.....as I've said before..... stikes me as off..........

And I do also kind of find it a little weird that no one would have said anything about it for a good 30 years.

But then again.... I guess it could be possible......
Old Oct 22, 2005, 06:40 PM   #30
Loony_leo
Bulldog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amiry

To think that every detail of John's life would be examined and revealed after his death is preposterous. There will always be things we will never know for sure. This is one of them, but I really think it was him
Well Amiry, you are quite right!! However.... I don't think whoever said that after his death people would have found out more things about John's life, I do not think they ment every detail as in including his personal life, I think they meant every detail as in his celebrity life.
Old Oct 23, 2005, 08:22 PM   #31
Amiry
Fool On The Hill

Send a message via AIM to Amiry Send a message via MSN to Amiry Send a message via Yahoo to Amiry Send a message via Skype™ to Amiry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loony_leo
Well Amiry, you are quite right!! However.... I don't think whoever said that after his death people would have found out more things about John's life, I do not think they ment every detail as in including his personal life, I think they meant every detail as in his celebrity life.
You've a very valid point. :)
Old Oct 23, 2005, 10:20 PM   #32
jesgear
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimmerman The Gnome
Thats not John Lennon!

To me it looks more like Don Henley 1984

jesgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2005, 06:23 PM   #33
ELO
Little Child

Send a message via MSN to ELO

All types of pictures do tend to distort peoples' images in one way or another... The lips do look slightly different from John's but it could just be the quality of the picture, who knows. Too bad the brows are covered, John had such distinct eyebrows. Anyway, I do believe that it's JOHN. Why wouldn't it be? It's from Tommy, a [/i]rock n' roll[/i] movie. Yah, I agree, let's ring up Daltry... "Oooo Daltry!"
Old Nov 03, 2005, 01:55 PM   #34
beatlebangs1964

Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964

He looks more like him that he does!

Actually, I DO think that was John. I've been a Who fan, the Who and CSN/CNSY coming in at #2 after the Beatles and I think John had an uncredited cameo as well. You can't fake those hands, folks! I really believe that was John.

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/c...rtc/signatures

http://www.reddit.com/r/troubledteen...aten_at_green/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7g0oiJ52Gw

Read www.rooftopsessions.com for high caliber Beatles fan fiction.
beatlebangs1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2005, 12:33 AM   #35
the family cat
Banned

The most obvious reason why this could not be Lennon is the fact that this movie was made here in England .
Lennon was unable to leave the States
the family cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2005, 08:10 AM   #36
maxeythecat
Nowhere Man

Okay, kids........this is the definitive answer to this mystery. It has been confirmed without any doubts whatsoever that this is NOT John Lennon. I posted the question on another site that I frequent and had the opportunity to ask someone who was intimately involved w/ John at the time (how many guesses you wanna make as to who I'm talking about?) and was reassured that the cameo was not John. But, this person also added, that it very well could've been a lookalike put there as a teensy bit of funny by a certain Mr. Moon for a laugh...after all, they were dear friends and housemates for awhile and Mooney had always been known to pull a prank or two. Hope this ends the debate.
maxeythecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2005, 08:50 AM   #37
Nico4082
Nowhere Man

To me, it looks like the great Lennon impersonator Tim Piper.
Nico4082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2005, 10:46 AM   #38
maxeythecat
Nowhere Man

Tim Piper "great"??? Would'nt go as far as to say that! Have you ever heard his attempt at a Scouse accent? Laughable at best....the only thing he's got going for him is the fact that he has a passing resembalence to John. Don't get me wrong....I've met the guy before and he's a pretty nice fella but I'm sorry...I absolutely cringe whenever I hear him trying to do the voice.
Actually, the best "Lennon" I've ever seen is the guy who played him in the Dick Clark tv movie "Birth of The Beatles", Stephan MacKenna. He gets the accent right, he gets the mannerisms down perfect and in a few scenes he looks so much like John I get goosebumps. Absolutely amazing.

Last edited by maxeythecat : Nov 26, 2005 at 10:57 AM.
maxeythecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2005, 11:17 AM   #39
Nico4082
Nowhere Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxeythecat
Tim Piper "great"??? Would'nt go as far as to say that! Have you ever heard his attempt at a Scouse accent? Laughable at best....the only thing he's got going for him is the fact that he has a passing resembalence to John. Don't get me wrong....I've met the guy before and he's a pretty nice fella but I'm sorry...I absolutely cringe whenever I hear him trying to do the voice.
Actually, the best "Lennon" I've ever seen is the guy who played him in the Dick Clark tv movie "Birth of The Beatles", Stephan MacKenna. He gets the accent right, he gets the mannerisms down perfect and in a few scenes he looks so much like John I get goosebumps. Absolutely amazing.
Lol, well actually, I know nothing about Tim Piper. I've seen his webpage through thewordislove.com, but that's all...I used the word "great" more in terms of how he's made impersonating John his career and he's made such a go out of it. Personally, I think he's getting a bit old to do it, from what I've seen I once taped "Birth of the Beatles", but I've lost it...I did like it though!
Nico4082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2005, 12:58 PM   #40
the family cat
Banned

Yes that was a good movie but I bet Dick Clark could never have imagined it after the Beatles single of She loves you was played on his TV Show in 1963 and they all LAUGHED at the photo shown to accompany it
the family cat is offline   Reply With Quote