BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Archives > A Day In The Life

Old Apr 28, 2003, 10:30 PM   #1
Jerry
Webmaster Of BeatleLinks

Send a message via AIM to Jerry
Default 044 - February 13

February 13

Transmision of performance for ABC-TV's "Thank Your Lucky Stars".

Start of stay at Miami. Dezo Hoffmann is with them.

Beatles '65 number 1, 6th week (US Billboard).

Beatles For Sale number 1, 2nd week (Australia Kent Music Report).

"I Feel Fine" number 1, 7th week (Hitkrant Europarade).
"I Feel Fine" number 4 (Dutch Top 40).

Brighton. Ringo and Maureen's wedding trip.

Brian, Marianne Faithfull, Adrienne Posta and Ted Ray appear on "Juke Box Jury".

Brian throws a party at 24 Chapel Street. Guests, among others: Cilla Black, Gerry and the Pacemakers and wives, John and Cynthia, Ringo and Maureen, Paul and Peter Asher.

US single release: Penny Lane"/"Strawberry Fields Forever" (Capitol 5810).

Studio 2. 7:00pm-3:30am. Mono mixing: "A Day In The Life" (remixes 2-5, from take 7).

Recording: "Not Known" (working title of "Only A Northern Song"). (takes 1-9). Producer: George Martin; Engineer: Geoff Emerick; 2nd Engineer: Richard Lush.

Recording of "Only A Northern Song" rythm track.

Ringo sings with Cilla "Do You Like Me Just A Little Bit", on BBC-TV.

Post Office Tower's restaurant. Party thrown by Apple Records to launch Mary Hopkin's debut album, Postcard. Paul and Linda attend.

All Things Must Pass number 1, 2nd week (UK Record Retailer).
All Things Must Pass number 1, 7th and last week (US Billboard).

"My Sweet Lord" number 1, 3rd week (UK British Market Research Bureau).
"My Sweet Lord" number 1, 3rd week (Irish Singles Chart).
"My Sweet Lord" number 7 (Dutch Top 40).

John makes an unexpected stop at WNEW-FM and give another interview to Scott Muni.

"Mull Of Kintyre" number 1, 10th week (Australia Kent Music Report).

Compass Point Studios in Los Angeles, the final mixes are made for Can't Fight Lightning.

Cleveland radio staion WZZP causes hysteria when they announce (unofficially) that a new Beatles single, "Leave My Kitten Alone"/"How Do You Do It?", is to be released.

To make the 20th anniversary of the Beatles coming to the US, Capitol reissues the single "I Want To Hold Your Hand", complete with the original B&W picture sleeve.

Traveling Wilburys Vol. 1 number 1 (Australia Kent Music Report).

Paul appears on "Saturday Night Live". He sings "Biker Like An Icon", "Get Out Of My Way" and "Hey Jude". Paul also is seen in several sketches.

In the UK newspaper, "Mail On Sunday", an article appears with the headline: "The Beatles: Get Back".

A new version of the "Real Love" video is completed. Aditional scenes of Paul, George and Ringo with their respective wives is edited in by Jerry Chater.

At the Museum of Modern Art in Oxford, Yoko's art exhibition "Have You Seen The Horizon Lately" is on display.

At the 53rd Annual Grammy Awards, the Beatles' acclaimed stereo box set won the Grammy for "Best Historical Album" and Paul wins the Grammy for the solo rock vocal performance of "Helter Skelter". It is his 14th Grammy.

In New York City, the Donald and Mary Oenslager Gallery runs in the New York Public Library for the Performing Arts, at Lincoln Center. The library exhibition include tour memorabilia, historic film clips, video interviews with musicians, as well as interactive exhibits.

Last edited by bearkat77 : Feb 16, 2014 at 07:32 PM.