BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Beatles Forums > Abbey Road

Old Feb 06, 2003, 02:40 PM   #41
Magill
Sun King

Default Re: You Know You\'re Obsessed with the Beatles When...

Quote:
Originally Posted By PaulsPrincess:
*When you hear it's someones birthday you automatically think "You say it's your birthday..." instead of "Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you..."
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh5.gif[/img] Hee hee! I do this too. Except I've learned to just let it play in my head. I'm tired of people throwing me funny and sometimes dirty looks for singing something different. [img]graemlins/images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Magill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 06, 2003, 02:54 PM   #42
beatlegirl9977
Sgt. Pepper

Quote:
* *When you use a public or school computer and you put up Beatle wallpaper just so you can "spread the joy"
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh7.gif[/img] I used to do that ALL THE TIME at school before they put a lock on the desktop properties...
beatlegirl9977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 07, 2003, 10:14 AM   #43
beatlebangs1964

Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964

You have 2 Beatle calendars -- one for upstairs and one for downstairs.

You also have Beatle screen savers and Beatle wall paper for your computer screen.
beatlebangs1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 07, 2003, 10:36 AM   #44
beatlegirl9977
Sgt. Pepper

When you make February 7th a Beatle holy day of obligation each year and wear Beatle pins on your sweater to work, listen to the Red Album all morning, and correct the children in your classroom who tell you the Beatles are "Paul...Ringo...John...and GEORGE WASHINGTON!!"
beatlegirl9977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 07, 2003, 04:06 PM   #45
PaulsPrincess
Bulldog

*When the people who work at your local record store automatically know when you walk in that you're on a mission for more Beatle LPs and even hold new items that come in for you [img]graemlins/blush4.gif[/img]
*When your boss tells you she wants to buy a Beatle album and asks your opinion on which to buy
*When you cave into a telemarketers scam because they mention that you'll be recieving a free subscription to Rolling Stone magazine and you associate this with The Beatles (...I did this last night [img]graemlins/blush2.gif[/img] luckily I was able to get out of it)
PaulsPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 07, 2003, 04:18 PM   #46
Drumhead15
Dr. Robert

Send a message via AIM to Drumhead15 Send a message via MSN to Drumhead15 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumhead15

*When the night time dj at the local station knows your voice... [img]graemlins/blush5.gif[/img]
Drumhead15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 08, 2003, 12:11 AM   #47
Drumhead15
Dr. Robert

Send a message via AIM to Drumhead15 Send a message via MSN to Drumhead15 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumhead15

Quote:
*When you hear it's someones birthday you automatically think "You say it's your birthday..." instead of "Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you..."
*When you use a personalized writing pen that says "Paul" on it
*When you use a public or school computer and you put up Beatle wallpaper just so you can "spread the joy"
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Lol, those are the things I do. If you only knew how many times I've gotten in trouble from changing the wallpaper and stuff on the computers. tee hee. If you're going to do that, make sure you aren't the only *hardcore* Beatle fan in the school. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] My pencil says the Beatles on it, lol.

*When the entire school refers to you as Beatles.
*When you go through the lunch line with a Beatle bud and sing their songs at the top of your lungs.
*When you ALWAYS make sure to capitalize the words: Beatles, Beatle, Beatle-y, John, Paul, George, Ringo etc.

[size="1"][ Feb 07, 2003, 12:12 PM: Message Edited By: Drumhead15 ][/size]
Drumhead15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 09, 2003, 07:15 PM   #48
PaulsPrincess
Bulldog

Quote:
Originally Posted By Drumhead15:
*When the night time dj at the local station knows your voice... [img]graemlins/blush5.gif[/img]
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh5.gif[/img] This happened to Alliesun & I! We always call in to the local oldies station whenever we're on our way home from Disneyland, or a Fab Four concert, or something like that and request Beatle songs. The night time DJ even knew our names! Unfortunately he was moved to a morning show so we don't get to discuss Beatles with him any more...
Old Feb 10, 2003, 01:32 AM   #49
Johnny-Girl
Day Tripper

Location: Locked up in my room with John... doing naughty things.
Send a message via MSN to Johnny-Girl Send a message via Yahoo to Johnny-Girl

*When you're at someone birthday or something and people somewhere mention the name Paul all of a sudden your ears start working. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] (Happens to me all the time. LOL.)

*When you know you have all Beatley cd's available in your country's shops, but browse the Beatley cd's every time you go into a shop just because you love looking at them. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

*When you meet someone you haven't seen for a long, long time and the first thing he/she asks is: "Are you still a Beatles fan?"

*When you call your bicycle 'Lennon'. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

*When you scream a little scream whenever you hear the Beatles on the radio. (Or see them on tv.)

*When you're having dinner with a couple of folks and you're mind happens to drift away for a moment, they say: "Oh she must be dreaming about John again." Very annoying, I can tell. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

*When it's sooooo easy to come up with all those symptoms of Beatley obsession. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Johnny-Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2003, 06:38 AM   #50
hyderboy
Little Child

Quote:
Originally Posted By Johnny-Girl:
*When you know you have all Beatley cd's available in your country's shops, but browse the Beatley cd's every time you go into a shop just because you love looking at them. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">That's me!

[size="1"][ Feb 10, 2003, 06:54 AM: Message Edited By: hyderboy ][/size]
hyderboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2003, 07:17 AM   #51
Beatles'girl123
Day Tripper

Quote:
Originally Posted By Beatle_Em:
When your minister wakes you up by mentioning John Lennon in his first sentence and staying alert throughout the reasonably boring sermon just incase he mentions the Beatles again . . . It happened today . . .
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">OMG!! That actually to me at church yesterday. He said a quote by John Lennon and he talked about Imagine kinda, so yah I actually listened in church that time! hehe [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img]
Beatles'girl123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2003, 05:50 PM   #52
Beatle_Em
Little Child

When you remember all the Beatles Birthday's, landmark visits, musical achivements, and various personal juicy tidbits but you forget your mother's birthday . . . . [img]graemlins/blush2.gif[/img]
Beatle_Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2003, 02:21 AM   #53
Flying
Apple Scruff

Quote:
[QB*When you use a public or school computer and you put up Beatle wallpaper just so you can "spread the joy"
[/QB]
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img]
Flying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2003, 02:33 AM   #54
Flying
Apple Scruff

Quote:
Originally Posted By angelgodiva:

You tell your husband you spent the night with him for the first time because you noticed when he was kissing you that he smells exactly like John.
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/afraid4.gif[/img] *How did your husband react?!?!
Old Feb 21, 2003, 10:21 AM   #55
Magill
Sun King

When you buy a watch that has a pale green face, realizing later that was the color of John's Sgt. Pepper uniform. [img]graemlins/clap2.gif[/img] Is it bad to be obsessed subconsciously as well? [img]graemlins/thinker.gif[/img]
Magill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2003, 10:49 AM   #56
beatlebangs1964

Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964

When a store clerk remembers you 2 years later because you were singing "She Loves You" in the store when you heard it.
beatlebangs1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2003, 04:20 PM   #57
RubberSoul
Rocky Raccoon

Whenever you hear someone count "One, two, three, four, five, six, seven" you automatically respond with "All good children go to heaven." (Did that to my friend the other day!)
RubberSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2003, 06:40 PM   #58
PaulsPrincess
Bulldog

When after a bad day you cheer yourself up by blasting your Beatle song of the moment. [img]graemlins/rocknroll2.gif[/img] (My Beatle song of the moment: "Hey Bulldog", works like a charm at chasing the Blue Meanies away! [img]graemlins/blush1.gif[/img] )
Old Feb 21, 2003, 07:20 PM   #59
angelgodiva
Bulldog

Quote:
Originally Posted By Flying:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Originally Posted By angelgodiva:

You tell your husband you spent the night with him for the first time because you noticed when he was kissing you that he smells exactly like John.
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/afraid4.gif[/img] *How did your husband react?!?!</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">He didn't mind. He said, "Well, I'm glad I do, I guess." He has told people that I said that, in fact, and usually laughs about it now. Besides, he DOES smell like him! Must have the same body chemistry or something.
angelgodiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2003, 04:57 AM   #60
Flying
Apple Scruff

Quote:
Originally Posted By angelgodiva:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Originally Posted By Flying:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Originally Posted By angelgodiva:

<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/afraid4.gif[/img] *How did your husband react?!?!</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">He didn't mind. He said, "Well, I'm glad I do, I guess." He has told people that I said that, in fact, and usually laughs about it now. Besides, he DOES smell like him! Must have the same body chemistry or something.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Lucky you ! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]