BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Solo Forums > Red Rose Speedway

Closed Thread

Old Dec 08, 2009, 01:20 AM   #21
FPSHOT
Sun King

Well I like a lot of Madonna's music, just not the live shows dressings, but, there are plenty of kinky people who do.

Old Dec 08, 2009, 03:46 AM   #22
Lucy

Send a message via AIM to Lucy Send a message via MSN to Lucy

I think Paul bringing costume changes into the mix of this discussion is moving away from the actual issue. I think he was merely wanting to point out that he didn't care that Madonna made the comments about him being boring and that extended to the fact that he only had one outfit to wear and SO WHAT about it...that is the message I think he was trying to put out there. I think good on him for saying something but it is pretty much a non-issue really. I don't think there has ever really been any love lost bewteen Paul and Madonna - I seem to remember hearing him say around the Live 8 time that "she doesn't turn me on".
Old Dec 08, 2009, 06:10 AM   #23
Dr. Robert

[quote=FPSHOT;987441]For someone who has this on on stage

PUKE! A disgrace to we Italians. I'm also not too fond of the daughter she had with Marilyn Manson who goes by the name Lady Gaga.
Old Dec 08, 2009, 08:09 AM   #24
Beatle Corinne
Wild Honey Pie

Oh pleez! As if Madonna could actually play guitar! When is she going to accept how old she really is and be dignified? LOL!!

My Beatle Covers

My Homepage

My Poetry
Old Dec 08, 2009, 08:11 AM   #25
Beatle Corinne
Wild Honey Pie

[quote=834;987472]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPSHOT View Post
For someone who has this on on stage

PUKE! A disgrace to we Italians. I'm also not too fond of the daughter she had with Marilyn Manson who goes by the name Lady Gaga.
Actually, I like Lady Gaga - She's very smart, went to a music school and is a performance artist. I can respect that.

My Beatle Covers

My Homepage

My Poetry
Old Dec 08, 2009, 09:26 AM   #26
Reverend Rock
Wild Honey Pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringo_rama View Post
Madonna needs to either stop dressing like a whore or somehow look like she did back in 1985 again.

Paul's words.
The older Madonna gets, the weirder this is gonna get.

It's really not a good idea for young female artists to base their whole career on sex-appeal. Male artists as well. As Paul Simon sang not long ago, "Who's gonna love you when your looks are gone?"

"There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be."
Old Dec 08, 2009, 10:26 AM   #27
Hari's Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy View Post
I think Paul bringing costume changes into the mix of this discussion is moving away from the actual issue. I think he was merely wanting to point out that he didn't care that Madonna made the comments about him being boring and that extended to the fact that he only had one outfit to wear and SO WHAT about it...that is the message I think he was trying to put out there. I think good on him for saying something but it is pretty much a non-issue really. I don't think there has ever really been any love lost bewteen Paul and Madonna - I seem to remember hearing him say around the Live 8 time that "she doesn't turn me on".
I think you're exactly right, Lucy! I see it as a non-issue, too. Peeps got to remember Paul's scouse humor. Teasing is all good fun. Maybe Madonna was reacting to the Live 8 remark, then Paul teasing back. If these two met somewhere sometime, they may have great fun bringing this up! I think sometime fans take it too seriously... definitely more seriously than intended.
Old Dec 08, 2009, 10:42 AM   #28
PepperlandFrog
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringo_rama View Post
Madonna needs to either stop dressing like a whore or somehow look like she did back in 1985 again.

Paul's words.
spot on. Madonna is a talentless hunk of morose, uninspired, overworked and insipid stoopidity, a very insecure, greedy and selfish person.
Old Dec 08, 2009, 10:45 AM   #29
Hari's Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Rock View Post
The older Madonna gets, the weirder this is gonna get.

It's really not a good idea for young female artists to base their whole career on sex-appeal. Male artists as well. As Paul Simon sang not long ago, "Who's gonna love you when your looks are gone?"

Cher is 63 years old though, and she is still sexy to me.

And it's really really sad that statement that female stars are trash if they are older and "looks are gone." My my. What an ageist and sad statement!

People can be beautiful from the inside out as well. THAT is the part I wish people would "see" more. Diana Ross was much older than Michael Jackson, but was the love of his life in his heart. And he loved Elizabeth Taylor and said repeatedly how beautiful she was. Oprah asked did he propose to her, and he said he wished he had. See... MJ saw these beautiful women in their total beauty.

In the balance, I think the remarks on this thread about her looking bad, etc, are just mean spirited. She works out and has an amazing figure. She was never 'curvy' like Marilyn Monroe or something. Madonna always had a similar figure to what she has now.

I think she is an icon, though. I love her music and think she's a great dancer, too.
Old Dec 08, 2009, 10:51 AM   #30
VersusBatman
Sun King

Yeah really. I think Madonna looks great for her age. She's had three kids and still has a rock hard body. What do people want her to do? Sit in a rocking chair and knit stockings for her 50 cats, while wearing polyester pants suits?

It looks like they just put a whole lotta movies in a blender and turned it on really fast. - Myster Science Theater 3000

"They're dead grotty!" - George Harrison

Comic Book Guy: But, Aquaman, you cannot marry a woman without gills. You're from two different worlds... Oh, I've wasted my life. - The Simpsons

Last edited by VersusBatman : Dec 08, 2009 at 10:52 AM.
Old Dec 08, 2009, 10:53 AM   #31
Hari's Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by 834

I know I mentioned this before on random thoughts, but Marilyn Manson was inspired by Madonna. He said recently he drew his inspiration from Madonna and David Bowie. I can see that, actually.
Old Dec 08, 2009, 10:54 AM   #32
Hari's Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by VersusBatman View Post
Yeah really. I think Madonna looks great for her age. She's had three kids and still has a rock hard body. What do people want her to do? Sit in a rocking chair and knit stockings for her 50 cats, while wearing polyester pants suits?

Good one, VB!!!
Old Dec 08, 2009, 10:58 AM   #33
VersusBatman
Sun King

I actually envy Madonna. I saw her video "Hung Up" and she did the splits and then bent over by her waist and touched the floor with her nose. I know it's because of years of yoga. I want to be like that when I get to be her age.

I can't even touch my toes yet, my hamstrings are so tight.

It looks like they just put a whole lotta movies in a blender and turned it on really fast. - Myster Science Theater 3000

"They're dead grotty!" - George Harrison

Comic Book Guy: But, Aquaman, you cannot marry a woman without gills. You're from two different worlds... Oh, I've wasted my life. - The Simpsons

Last edited by VersusBatman : Dec 08, 2009 at 10:59 AM.
Old Dec 08, 2009, 12:26 PM   #34
Dr. Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hari's Chick View Post
I know I mentioned this before on random thoughts, but Marilyn Manson was inspired by Madonna.
Well there you have it--non talent inspires...more non talent. In the Reverend's defense, I have to agree that if you are going to base things on LOOKS ALONE, then things will go south as one ages--you need some substance to back it up. That goes for male performers as well. I don't think he was trying to be sexist or ageist at all. Madonna was a cheap two-bit in 1984 and now she's a rich two-bit and she intentionally has gone out of her way to be provocative over the years to keep public interest otherwise her 15 minutes would have been up a looooong time ago. But if people have an interest in watching her dry hump her mom's grave--have at it. Not my idea of talent or entertainment. Give me Sir Macca and his boring shows anytime.
Old Dec 08, 2009, 01:05 PM   #35
lennonluvr9
Sun King

Send a message via MSN to lennonluvr9

All I can say is: Whatever. Paul's just teasing, but yeah, it'll sell the story more if people think they're about an epic feud.

"Logic?? My God, the man's talking about logic. We're talking about universal Armageddon!" Dr. McCoy, Wrath of Khan
Old Dec 08, 2009, 01:21 PM   #36
Hari's Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by VersusBatman View Post
I actually envy Madonna. I saw her video "Hung Up" and she did the splits and then bent over by her waist and touched the floor with her nose. I know it's because of years of yoga. I want to be like that when I get to be her age.
I can't even touch my toes yet, my hamstrings are so tight.
I haven't seen that video yet, gotta check it out. :)

As for yoga, be patient. Each body is so different. Even our bone structures can be arranged so that biologically 'our' pose may not look like it does in the book/video/class. Some people might actually not be able to do certain poses purely from having a different ability due to bone structure. Some people, too, can be hyperflexible. Then they chase those stretches at a cost to ligaments and tendons. The opposing muscle groups can become overexploited, which can lead to further weakening (by comparrison) of that prime muscle group.

Doing a microbend in the knees can help ease deeper into the pose, gradually releasing on the exhales, but with care if you're prone to tight hamstrings.

A good help can be to begin in utkatasana (chair) and sustain that into uttanasana. At that point your upper torso will be resting on your quadriceps. From there, hands on the ground, you can push gently back with your knees. Keep them bent to the point that you are comfy, though. This is a fun way to deepen your forward fold... and you have the fun of touching the floor, too.

Last edited by Hari's Chick : Dec 08, 2009 at 02:05 PM.
Old Dec 08, 2009, 02:29 PM   #37
Hari's Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by 834 View Post
Well there you have it--non talent inspires...more non talent.
Marilyn Manson's views are nearly completely opposite mine, but I do find him amusing and intelligent. I've listened to several interviews and the guy is always polite and well spoken... and also funny.

Quote:
In the Reverend's defense, I have to agree that if you are going to base things on LOOKS ALONE, then things will go south as one ages--you need some substance to back it up. That goes for male performers as well. I don't think he was trying to be sexist or ageist at all. Madonna was a cheap two-bit in 1984 and now she's a rich two-bit and she intentionally has gone out of her way to be provocative over the years to keep public interest otherwise her 15 minutes would have been up a looooong time ago. But if people have an interest in watching her dry hump her mom's grave--have at it. Not my idea of talent or entertainment. Give me Sir Macca and his boring shows anytime.
I think maybe you're reacting to her image? She has always liked to shock people. I think the public likes mystery in their public icons. Marilyn Monroe had a lot of mystery about her, and even - didn't you mention liking Betty Page, 834? Betty had some mystery, also.

I know Michael Jackson said Madonna was not a nice person- in interviews though done a while back. This was funny...

“She is not a nice person,” Jackson told Boteach.

Jackson revealed how he and Madonna had bickered about where they would socialize.

“Madonna laid the law down to me before we went out. [She said] I am not going to Disneyland, OK? That’s out,” Jackson said. “I said, ‘I didn’t ask to go to Disneyland.’ She said, ‘We are going to the restaurant. And afterwards, we are going to a strip bar.’

“I said, ‘I am not going to a strip bar, where they cross dress. … I am not going to there. If that’s how it is, forget this whole thing. … Afterwards, she wrote some mean things about me in the press. And I wrote that she is a ‘nasty witch’, after I was so kind to her,” Jackson said.

http://www.theinsider.com/news/28847..._a_nice_person

Nasty witch is pretty strong for MJ. He said once they were out at a restaurant and some kids came over to their table. Madonna told them to go away. Michael said he told her, "NEVER, NEVER speak that way to children..."

She also had run ins with my two other favorite people- George and Cher.

BUT.... That said, I think Madonna grew up a lot in recent years. I think she's done a lot of soul searching so hats off to her for that. Lots and lots of her songs are amazing. I really don't see how she can be grouped into the "15 mins of fame catagory" at all. I thought her lyrics since 1986's "True Blue" have been often very good ... particularly on True Blue, Like a Prayer, and American Life. AND... she did a beautiful tribute to MJ at the VMA's.

I'm not sure what you mean by the mother remark... is this from some video or are you being facetious?

Last edited by Hari's Chick : Dec 08, 2009 at 02:33 PM.
Old Dec 08, 2009, 02:35 PM   #38
PepperlandFrog
Banned

Quote:
Well there you have it--non talent inspires...more non talent. In the Reverend's defense, I have to agree that if you are going to base things on LOOKS ALONE, then things will go south as one ages--you need some substance to back it up. That goes for male performers as well. I don't think he was trying to be sexist or ageist at all. Madonna was a cheap two-bit in 1984 and now she's a rich two-bit and she intentionally has gone out of her way to be provocative over the years to keep public interest otherwise her 15 minutes would have been up a looooong time ago. But if people have an interest in watching her dry hump her mom's grave--have at it. Not my idea of talent or entertainment. Give me Sir Macca and his boring shows anytime.
Well said, Madonna is all flash and no substance.
Old Dec 08, 2009, 02:48 PM   #39
Dr. Robert

It was in some video. This is probably getting to be too drawn out, but I don't know what the 'mystery' thing is you mentioned. Betty Paige and Marilyn--sure they had some mystery, BP had alot. I don't think there's much mystery to Madonna unless you're saying that she likes to be a chameleon to keep people guessing who the the real Louise Ciccone really is (or whatever her name is/was). I can't wait to see how Lourdes or Courdes or Courderoy (her daughter) turns out, but I digress.
Old Dec 08, 2009, 03:06 PM   #40
Hari's Chick

Quote:
It was in some video. This is probably getting to be too drawn out, but I don't know what the 'mystery' thing is you mentioned. Betty Paige and Marilyn--sure they had some mystery, BP had alot. I don't think there's much mystery to Madonna unless you're saying that she likes to be a chameleon to keep people guessing who the the real Louise Ciccone really is (or whatever her name is/was). I can't wait to see how Lourdes or Courdes or Courderoy (her daughter) turns out, but I digress.
No, I'm suggesting she does not place high value on mystery. But I think she uses her craft to figure out deeper issues at times.

I like the non shocking, reflective Madonna most. Some of her songs off American Life were just really cool. Also love the songs- how she dug in and got real with the Like a Prayer cd. She was not afraid to show her feelings in an honest way. I admire that. Like Bob says so many people wearing a disguise...