BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Beatles Forums > Paperback Writer

Old Oct 23, 2003, 09:46 AM   #1
Sarandipity
Dr. Robert

Default Searching...

Hi there, everyone! If you didn't know, I'm newly registered here. Anyway, I have a problem... And it's been bothering me for quite some time! I used to be on the egroup BFF-L and it always kept me up to date on the latest fanfiction. Well, I've been out of that egroup and the entire fanfiction loop for nearly 3 years... And I'm curious! I was searching online last night for any trace of fanfiction (as some of you may know, it used to be VERY VERY abundant online)... And I couldn't find anything! Is there anything new and fantastic to read out there? I'm craving it after a 3 year drought! Haha.

*Sara*
Sarandipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2003, 09:57 AM   #2
Cream Tangerine
Dr. Robert

Default Re: Searching...

I don't mean to gloat, but I have a fic site. It has fics of my own, as well as a bunch of links to different fiction webrings and sites. go to:

Cream Tangerine's Fab Fix

hope you enjoy it!!
Cream Tangerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2003, 09:58 AM   #3
starchild01
Day Tripper

There's www.rooftopsessions.com as well.
I visited it and it's great - high calibre, just like it says.

[size="1"][ Oct 23, 2003, 09:59 AM: Message Edited By: starchild01 ][/size]
starchild01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2003, 01:49 PM   #4
HMVNipper
Sun King

Send a message via AIM to HMVNipper

Quote:
Originally Posted By starchild01:
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Thank you for the plug starchild! I'm the editor of Rooftop Sessions -- we have a huge archive of the best fanfic on the Web.

And may I also direct you to Aviva Rothschild's Beatles fantasy novel, "With Strings Attached" at www.rationalmagic.com (just follow the link on the main page). (Aviva's a member here too, under the name Show Tunes.) It's a wonderful piece of work!

Additionally, there's Tina Kukla's "The Beatles Live at 12 Cold Creek Street" -- but that isn't available online now that Tina's published it in book form. However, I can highly recommend purchasing it -- it's GREAT!

Hope this helps -- enjoy! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
HMVNipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2003, 02:07 PM   #5
Cream Tangerine
Dr. Robert

Yeh, rooftop Sessions is a good one... I thnk it's classy.
Old Oct 23, 2003, 03:26 PM   #6
HMVNipper
Sun King

Send a message via AIM to HMVNipper

Quote:
Originally Posted By Cream Tangerine:
I don't mean to gloat, but I have a fic site. It has fics of my own, as well as a bunch of links to different fiction webrings and sites. go to:

Cream Tangerine's Fab Fix

hope you enjoy it!!
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Thanks, cookie, for the kind words -- and I meant to say that your site is great too -- and that some of your poetry appears on Rooftop! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Please forgive the omission! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
HMVNipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2003, 03:40 PM   #7
Sarandipity
Dr. Robert

Weeeee thanks everyone! Now I have a ton of stuff to read!
[img]graemlins/rolling3.gif[/img]
*Sara*
Sarandipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2003, 04:38 PM   #8
beatlegirl9977
Sgt. Pepper

Quote:
Originally Posted By HMVNipper:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Originally Posted By starchild01:
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Thank you for the plug starchild! I'm the editor of Rooftop Sessions -- we have a huge archive of the best fanfic on the Web.

And may I also direct you to Aviva Rothschild's Beatles fantasy novel, "With Strings Attached" at www.rationalmagic.com (just follow the link on the main page). (Aviva's a member here too, under the name Show Tunes.) It's a wonderful piece of work!

Additionally, there's Tina Kukla's "The Beatles Live at 12 Cold Creek Street" -- but that isn't available online now that Tina's published it in book form. However, I can highly recommend purchasing it -- it's GREAT!

Hope this helps -- enjoy! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Thanks for the plug, Susan. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] And, yes, the book is available for purchase either online or direct from me...Okay, end of commercial...

There really isn't a heck of a lot of good fan fic out there besides the sites that have already been mentioned, and the BFF-L has been more or less defunct for quite a while now. I think we're all still waiting for the "next big thing" to come along. Even a couple next SMALL things would be good for now--there really isn't much being added to the cyber-world.
beatlegirl9977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2003, 09:18 PM   #9
lennon4
Paperback Writer

Send a message via AIM to lennon4

Quote:
Thank you for the plug starchild! I'm the editor of Rooftop Sessions -- we have a huge archive of the best fanfic on the Web.
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Agreed! There's some really great stories and poems on Rooftop, and the third published volume of stories is now available in print. I hear the illustrations in that are pretty nifty, too. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

-lennon4
lennon4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2003, 07:15 AM   #10
beatlebangs1964

Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964

Lennon4 is also a gifted artist and musician. Her work has been featured at the Fest and has also been in the most recent volume of Rooftop Sessions. If you have a story that is included in the next volume, it is an honor to have Kristin's work gracing your story. L4, I want to order some of your George works. I would love to have a painting you did of George or Paul.

Lennonluvr9 is another brilliant artist. She is in middle school and her pencil sketches are exceptional. I met her in Chicago and she and her mother are two cool ladies. I have this one Luvr9 did of 1965 Shea Stadium George and love it. I had it copied to 24 x 30 and framed. People comment on the pure talent in that picture.

Dr. Dreamer is another gifted artist. Her poetry, especially in Drop Forged Lennon is brilliant. She can do voices, impromptu skits, ad lib and is brilliant with a flair for natural expression. She can put on one heckuva Lennon act and her poetry is a verbal version of L4 and Luvr9's works. These ladies are truly gifted.

[size="1"][ Oct 25, 2003, 07:17 AM: Message Edited By: beatlebangs1964 ][/size]
beatlebangs1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2003, 07:20 AM   #11
beatlebangs1964

Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964

Quote:
Originally Posted By lennon4:
Agreed! There's some really great stories and poems on Rooftop, and the third published volume of stories is now available in print. I hear the illustrations in that are pretty nifty, too. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

-lennon4
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Yeah, I heard that too! I saw that for myself. Those illustrations add to the poems and stories and make for even higher caliber. I heard the artist is a cool lady and I understand she's a musician, too. [img]graemlins/smile1.gif[/img]

I want a George drawing. [img]graemlins/smile1.gif[/img]
beatlebangs1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2003, 08:43 PM   #12
lennon4
Paperback Writer

Send a message via AIM to lennon4

Quote:
Originally Posted By beatlebangs1964:
Yeah, I heard that too! I saw that for myself. Those illustrations add to the poems and stories and make for even higher caliber. I heard the artist is a cool lady and I understand she's a musician, too. [img]graemlins/smile1.gif[/img]

I want a George drawing. [img]graemlins/smile1.gif[/img]
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Aw, shucks, BB... [img]graemlins/blush5.gif[/img] *

And if you're seious about the George and/or Paul art, send me a PM. I'm willing to work with you. [img]graemlins/teeth1.gif[/img]

-lennon4
lennon4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2003, 07:25 AM   #13
Cream Tangerine
Dr. Robert

Quote:

Thanks, cookie, for the kind words -- and I meant to say that your site is great too -- and that some of your poetry appears on Rooftop! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Please forgive the omission! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Thanks, babe!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]