BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Other Forums > Here, There & Everywhere

Old Jun 12, 2004, 10:53 PM   #1
matt5
Old Brown Shoe

Default your natural sleeping pattern

I absolutely adore staying up late. Even if its just watching tv or making a meal I just like being up at night. There is a certain mystery to it. My natural sleeping pattern is to fall asleep at about 5:00 am and to wake up at about noon. The trouble is I sometimes have a hard time finding an occupation to fit my sleeping pattern but what else can I do? This is what I am programmed for.
matt5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2004, 11:30 PM   #2
Rellevart

Send a message via MSN to Rellevart
Default Re: your natural sleeping pattern

I'm sure it's because of my job, but I'm a morning person during the week and a night person on the weekends. Which makes Friday a VERY long day and Sunday a pretty short one.
Rellevart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2004, 02:22 AM   #3
SleepyHead
Sun King

Even in school, when schedules absolutely dictated otherwise, I was a confirmed night-owl. It really didn't matter at what time I got up and got going, I was up til the wee hours. So, over the years, I got used to working in all-night diners, late-night fast food joints, and businesses such as the bowling alley which are open a good deal of the late hours. My work schedule fits in nicely with my sleep cycle - I normally rise between noon and 3pm, and commonly don't drop my eyelids til 4-9 am.

It used to be a bit more rigid than that, but then I used to require 9 full hours of sleep per 24-hour period. As I get older, I'm finding it harder to stay asleep - and with the kids at home during the summer break, there's little enough quiet time to return to bed after piddling about a bit.
SleepyHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2004, 06:56 AM   #4
LittleDarlin909
Paperback Writer

i usually go to bed about 12:00, wake up about 3:30 or 4:00, go back to sleep, wake up about 6:00, hover somewhere between conscious and unconscious until about 8:30 or 9:00. i've never been one to sleep. as long as i get 3 hours or so, i'm good to go.
LittleDarlin909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2004, 07:47 AM   #5
DizzymissLizzy909
Sun King

I used to be such a night owl, but my sleeping habits have kind of changed a bit over the past couple years. On school nights I usually go to bed 10:30 or 11, get up at 6:30. On weekends I'll go to bed about 12, but still get up at 6:30. I think it's my internal clock that always stays the same no matter what time I go to bed!
DizzymissLizzy909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2004, 10:45 AM   #6
Harb83
Co-Admin Geezer

I have American friends who I talk to along with friends where I live who stay up really late, so I always seem to go to bed around the 3-4am mark. That'll be changing soon though because I recently got a job which will entail early mornings.

Eurgh! The only downside to being nocturnal...
Harb83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2004, 12:03 PM   #7
Macca
Fool On The Hill

I have a little problem. I love staying up late and I also love getting up early, I can't do both.
Macca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2004, 12:38 PM   #8
bearkat77
Administrator

Sleep? What is sleep?
bearkat77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2004, 03:33 PM   #9
sourmilkpinky
Sun King

sleep is what happens to me 5 seconds after my head hits the pillow, no matter what time of day or night. Then my head jerks up either exactly 2 hrs. later or 6 hours later depending on what I should be doing at the time.
sourmilkpinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2004, 08:03 PM   #10
Roxy Starkey
Sgt. Pepper

Send a message via MSN to Roxy Starkey

I love staying up late!!
I ussually go to sleep at 4.30 or 5 AM and I wake up at 2 PM...
I discovered that Im so much awake at night that during the day. Im a night crawler
Roxy Starkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2004, 09:40 PM   #11
IMeMine1969
Sgt. Pepper

Send a message via AIM to IMeMine1969

Well, during the summer I usually stay up til about 2am, and wake up between 9 and 10am. I'm definitely a night person

When I'm in school, I usually go to sleep around 11pm and get up between 6 and 8 am (depending on my schedule)
IMeMine1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2004, 04:03 AM   #12
Lynner

I'm definitely a morning person - I've been getting up at 6:30am wheteher or not I've a reason to and it doesn't matter what time I went to sleep. Of course, if I stayed up too late, then I need a nap in the afternoons, but can't always do that!
Lynner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2004, 06:45 AM   #13
DizzymissLizzy909
Sun King

[ QUOTE ]
sourmilkpinky Posted:
sleep is what happens to me 5 seconds after my head hits the pillow, no matter what time of day or night.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're so lucky! I have a terrible time falling asleep. My mom says I've been like that since I was a baby. I've definately got to work to make myself sleep.
DizzymissLizzy909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2004, 06:52 AM   #14
luvsthebeatles
Sun King

Send a message via MSN to luvsthebeatles Send a message via Yahoo to luvsthebeatles

[ QUOTE ]
DizzymissLizzy909 Posted:
[ QUOTE ]
sourmilkpinky Posted:
sleep is what happens to me 5 seconds after my head hits the pillow, no matter what time of day or night.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're so lucky! I have a terrible time falling asleep. My mom says I've been like that since I was a baby. I've definately got to work to make myself sleep.

[/ QUOTE ]
Funny, that's what happens to me too. It usually takes me about 15 min- 60 min to get me to fall asleep. Unless I try, I can never fall asleep during a movie!
I'm half night person. I don't like staying up past 1am, but I hate getting up early too.
luvsthebeatles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2004, 01:19 PM   #15
beatlegirl9977
Sgt. Pepper

I'm definitely more of an afternoon/night person than a morning person. People know to stay out of my way 'til about 10am or so. I can fall asleep pretty fast, though, once I do get tired, and I sleep anywhere from 6-8 hours a night. On weekends, though, it's a good 10 hours. I used to nap in the afternoons, but that was when I was getting out of work at 3:30. Now that I get out at 5, I don't bother, otherwise I won't be able to fall asleep around 11 or midnight.
beatlegirl9977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2004, 06:42 PM   #16
Sexie Sadie
Rocky Raccoon

Honey, i am an INSOMNIAC , its horrible, before i got on medication I would stay up all night go to school and then sleep the next night...I was too afraid to get on sleeping pills because they are highly addictive, but i found this great drug called "trazadone" you need a prescrption, but if I take about 200mg of that and 4 benedryl its usually knocks me out and theres no groggy feeling in the morning...I'm definatly a night person, but getting on medicine really helped me with my sleep pattern!!!
Sexie Sadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2004, 10:02 PM   #17
shyGirl
Sun King

I've been going to bed at 1am the past few months, which is not a good thing since sometimes I have classes that start early. But my online buddies keep me up! I need about 9 hours of sleep.
shyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2004, 12:24 PM   #18
BrazilianFlag
Bulldog

I'm a certified morning person! I don't function after 10 PM (midnight on weekends)

Thank God I don't have problems to sleep -in fact, the running joke of the family is that if I'm sleepy, I can actually doze off pretty much anywhere (and that's true...)
BrazilianFlag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2004, 04:10 PM   #19
PotatoBeatle
Apple Scruff

I'm definitely a night owl! Towards the summer months, I tend to stay up until 3-4am and I'd get up from 12-2pm. I started doing this 6 years ago, after I finished 7th grade. I'd stay up until dawn painting or drawing. Nowadays, I'm either listening to music, drawing, or reading stuff. I enjoy it because its so quiet and peaceful, and because no one really bothers you. I hate getting up before 8 am when it comes to mornings. (I tend to feel near-nauseous early in the morning, and this has been going on for years) I'm not a morning person at all, but if I do have to get up in the then, 9:30-11 will do for me. I can be cranky sometimes.
PotatoBeatle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2004, 07:32 PM   #20
beatlegirl9977
Sgt. Pepper

[ QUOTE ]
PotatoBeatle Posted:
I'm definitely a night owl! Towards the summer months, I tend to stay up until 3-4am and I'd get up from 12-2pm. I started doing this 6 years ago, after I finished 7th grade.

[/ QUOTE ]
I used to do that too when I had summers off. Like you said, it's peaceful at night, and in a house with four other people, it's hard to get some peace and quiet so you can get things done! So much of my writing is done at night. I honestly can't think of a time when I did any creative writing in the morning.
beatlegirl9977 is offline   Reply With Quote