BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Solo Forums > Red Rose Speedway

Old Apr 21, 2003, 01:59 PM   #1

Default Paul McCartney night on American IDOL!

This morning, I read on FOXES ON IDOL that there is an UPCOMING PAUL MCCARTNEY night. I trembled in my socks!! YES!!!!

Since McCartney is also on john's songs, this will meanthe entire Bealte songlist will be available although they may just pick Paul songs, which is still GREAT, regardless. HOW COOL IS THAT????

What songs will they sing? I love this show- i can see a few picks- WE ALL KNOW ONE OF THEM- let's see- I'll try to stay clear but also include some of john's because regardless of what people moan about, Paul DID HELP John write of his songs just like John helped in what is considered PAUL's Songs- even not, thankfully both names are on them.

Yesterday
For No One
Let It Be
Strawberry Fields Forever
Fool on the Hill
Can't buy me Love (?)
Long and Winding Road
Come Together- ooh!
Here there and Everywhere
My Love
Maybe I'm Amazed
I Saw her Standing There
all My Loving

SOME SONGS will be too long to sing- Hey Jude, of course- also, the harmony songs will also probably be scratched, like "I Want to Hold your Hand." Paul has ALOT of frangmented songs- so stuff like Band on the Run will most likely be jettisoned. but isn't this amazing!! IT IWAS ON IDOLS ON FOX, so they should be able to know, so let's hope!!
Old Apr 21, 2003, 02:05 PM   #2

Default Re: Paul McCartney night on American IDOL!

I'm so thrilled on this, I'll add more. Clay could sing LUCY IN THE SKY pretty well- elton remade it and did well and if he does for this what he did for "don't let the Sun go down on me," it could be good.

Reuben and Yesterday- hs voice is so good, he could do this well. Josh would be good for ANY TIME AT ALL or even TELL ME WHY or I should have known Better- of course he's perfect with Mother Nature's Son-

Has anyone else heard about any of this?
Old Apr 21, 2003, 02:18 PM   #3
Hari Krishna
Nowhere Man

OH MY GOD! That's brilliant! Oh, I cannot wait* [img]graemlins/scream1.gif[/img] *
I want Clay to sing Maybe I'm Amazed or Here There Everywhere! He'd sound soooo good! I looove Clay!
Hari Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2003, 02:21 PM   #4
ChrisG134
Sun King

You have got to be kidding me!!This sucks how bad are these people gonna ruin his songs.They all SUCK the show SUCKS it all SUCKS!!When I heard they did Billy Joel songs I told my husband if they do Beatle songs I'm gonna throw my shoe at the TV!I guess my husband is gonna have to hide all my shoes.Man I hate that show!!
ChrisG134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2003, 04:13 PM   #5
SF4-EVER

I'm moving this to Red Rose Speedway -- it seems like it would be more suitable there.
SF4-EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2003, 07:12 PM   #6
NovaLee
Fool On The Hill

Ugh, i hate that show. But, i'm a bit curious to see this episode now. I really hope they don't ruin the songs, though.
Do ya know when it'll be on?
NovaLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2003, 03:52 AM   #7
Rellevart

Send a message via MSN to Rellevart

Quote:
Originally Posted By ChrisG134:
You have got to be kidding me!!This sucks how bad are these people gonna ruin his songs.They all SUCK the show SUCKS it all SUCKS!!When I heard they did Billy Joel songs I told my husband if they do Beatle songs I'm gonna throw my shoe at the TV!I guess my husband is gonna have to hide all my shoes.Man I hate that show!!
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">I've never watched it, but if it's that bad, it might be a hoot to watch just to mock the bad ones! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

(Have I just ruined my image as a nice person or what? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] )

[size="1"][ Apr 22, 2003, 04:52 AM: Message Edited By: Rellevart ][/size]
Rellevart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2003, 04:41 AM   #8
Lynner

Don't watch the show, but will if I find out when it's on. When I see this in the news: "Woman throws shoe at television in protest" I know it'll be about our ChrisG! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Lynner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2003, 09:21 AM   #9
beatlebangs1964

Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964

I hate the show and I'll probably rival Lynner in shoe projectiles hitting the bull's eye if it's on.

I hope the McCartney numbers are done well.
beatlebangs1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2003, 07:09 PM   #10
Ruby Soho
Little Child

I heard about this about 2 weeks ago and every time American Idol comes on I race to the TV to see whose songs they are performing.. I was thinking it would be tonight, but alas...

I think Clay would be AWESOME singing "No More Lonely Nights"... He has a wonderful voice - great range and he can hold notes well.. (Can you tell I like this guy?! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] ) I definitely want him to win this competition.
Ruby Soho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2003, 07:12 PM   #11
Ruby Soho
Little Child

Quote:
Originally Posted By ChrisG134:
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Wow.... That's a lot of rage, lol!

I'm afraid I have to disagree with you there. A few of them (namely Clay Aiken, Ruben Studdard, Kimberely Locke) have talent. They would *definitely* do Paul's song justice. That having been said, I hope Carmen is voted off tomorrow so I won't have to hear her butcher any more songs, especially ones by Paulie! [img]graemlins/laugh5.gif[/img]
Ruby Soho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2003, 08:00 PM   #12
Lynner

Quote:
Originally Posted By beatlebangs1964:
I hate the show and I'll probably rival Lynner in shoe projectiles hitting the bull's eye if it's on.

<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Nah, I won't be throwing any shoes - that's ChrisG's talent! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Can't say anything bad about the show - I've never seen it!

Okay, before everyone tells me what a great show it is (or isn't) - I have two young children and just don't watch that much adult tv at all!
Lynner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2003, 09:00 PM   #13
D-HaRrIsOnSgUrl28
Apple Scruff

umm isnt it called american idol? as far as i know paul isnt american (but its true sry to say)as awsome as it would be i am jw.idont deont mean to sound mean but the only good thing about american idol is the host RYAN SEACREST!lol i would watch it bc of paul tho
D-HaRrIsOnSgUrl28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2003, 11:11 PM   #14
HariScruff_00
Wild Honey Pie

I am posting this reply out of concern for the innocent televisions that have been threatened. It is true that once in while very horrid things are displayed on the little boxes but it's not the TV's fault. For the sake of televisions everywhere, we should gather our shoes together and collectively throw them at rupert murdoch. and if there are any leftover we can throw them at the reality TV people.

Personally, I'll watch the show, wait till it gets bad- and then i'll get my shoes. [img]graemlins/angry6.gif[/img]
HariScruff_00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2003, 03:56 AM   #15
Rellevart

Send a message via MSN to Rellevart

Quote:
Originally Posted By HariScruff_00:
I am posting this reply out of concern for the innocent televisions that have been threatened.
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Hahahahaha!!! This is the funniest thing I've read so far today! (Ok, it's only 6:51 am, but it's still great!) [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I'll probably watch it out of curiousity, if I remember. I know some people go INSANE when they hear Beatles songs get butchered, but I just think it's kind of funny......and maybe one or more of them will be good!
Rellevart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2003, 10:07 AM   #16
beatlelover45223

I watch Idol, I like some of the talent this time around, there is one girl who is great Kimberly Loch, I think exposure to any of the Beatles/Paul (in this instance) is a good thing, the show sure has done a lot for the Mowtown groups, their music has been on the show twice, lots of new Mowtown fans now due to the Mowtown exposure, this will be great exposure for the Beatles, it is one of the most watched shows on TV right now, whether Paul's music is butchered or not will be seen, I think it will be great exposure, nothing wrong with people hearing the music, getting curious and becoming a new Beatle fan, the more exposure to their music to the masses, the better I say, if Paul's music is the subject, we know the Fab will be mentioned, they go hand in hand
beatlelover45223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2003, 06:29 AM   #17
EasternBird
Old Brown Shoe

Send a message via MSN to EasternBird

Quote:
Originally Posted By HariScruff_00:
I am posting this reply out of concern for the innocent televisions that have been threatened. It is true that once in while very horrid things are displayed on the little boxes but it's not the TV's fault.
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img] That's good advice. Don't fling shoes at the messenger!

Anyway, I've never seen this show, but I think I'll have to make an exception for this. I doubt that they'll feature any Beatles songs though - probably just solo Paul stuff. I read that they have to get permission for all of the songs sung on the program, and I have a hard time believing they'd be able to get the go-ahead for Lennon/McCartney tunes.

But still, this should be interesting. I wanna hear somebody tackle "Monkberry Moon Delight." But then again, maybe not... [img]graemlins/afraid1.gif[/img]
EasternBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2003, 10:18 AM   #18
beatlelover45223

I heard Paul say in an interview, he wasn't sure what "Monkberry Moon Delight" was about either..
hahaha [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img]
beatlelover45223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2003, 06:40 PM   #19
Sexy_Sadie
Mr. Moonlight

Quote:
Originally Posted By Ruby Soho:
I'm afraid I have to disagree with you there. A few of them (namely Clay Aiken, Ruben Studdard, Kimberely Locke) have talent. They would *definitely* do Paul's song justice.
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Yeah, I agree! They're a lot better than many singers out there today! I love that show, and I sure hope that it is true that they're singing Paul's songs!
Sexy_Sadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2003, 07:29 PM   #20
PauLuver69
Nowhere Man

Wow. American Idol doing Paul songs? How embarrassing! I wonder if Paul knows about this?

American Idol reminds me of those 'star searches' they did back in the 80's. Y'know, the ones that Justin Timberlake and Britney Spears came out of? I hope that two more of THEM aren't born out of AI...I think I might strangle someone.
PauLuver69 is offline   Reply With Quote