BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Solo Forums > Menlove Avenue

Old Feb 09, 2011, 03:13 PM   #1
Peregrine9
Sgt. Pepper

Default My Lost weekend with Lennon: May Pang breaks her silence :from February 08

This is older interview by May Pang.For those interested that may not have read it yet.

I read the news today: All Beatle News.
Posted on February 11, 2008

My lost weekend with Lennon: May Pang breaks her silence over their relationship

The title of this headline is quite deceiving. May Pang had already broken her silence about ther relationship with John Lennon years ago. She had written, in my estimation, one of the best and most honest books about John Lennon. She was candid, frank and honest in her book, Loving John, first published in 1983. It is refreshing to see and hear some new stories about Lennon and his fabled “lost weekend.”

http://beatle.wordpress.com/2008/02/...-relationship/

Last edited by Peregrine9 : Feb 11, 2011 at 10:21 AM.
Peregrine9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 09, 2011, 04:48 PM   #2
ringo_rama
Old Brown Shoe

May Pang "breaks her silence" whenever she "remembers" some anecdote about her time with John Lennon, like how the Beatles wanted to reunite in 1974, a tidbit that apparently wasn't juicy enough for publication back in 1983.

Please visualize this whenever you read my posts:
Yay!!!!!!
-R_R: eradicating stupidity, one post at a time
ringo_rama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 09, 2011, 10:02 PM   #3
wildewoman
Taxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringo_rama View Post
May Pang "breaks her silence" whenever she "remembers" some anecdote about her time with John Lennon, like how the Beatles wanted to reunite in 1974, a tidbit that apparently wasn't juicy enough for publication back in 1983.
Amen and amen and amen.
wildewoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2011, 10:45 PM   #4
Apple Scruff
Sun King

I'm kind of annoyed with May Pang. I don't dislike her or anything, but she's been riding this Lennon machine for a while and I feel like there is such a thing as quiet dignity, which she appears to not agree with. She has built up this relationship with John to be some kind of grandiose thing that's comparable to his relationship with one of his wives even. I'm sort of sick of it. Enough crap has been written about this man. He wasn't a saint by any means, but neither were any of the other Beatles. They had secrets and skeletons, but somehow John's are always thrown in everyone's faces more than the others, and I find it disrespectful to Yoko and his sons and the rest of the family. I'm not saying whitewash his flaws, but let's give him some respect.

May was the ONLY person, of all the many people who knew John for years far more than her (Paul, George, George Martin, Yoko, Cynthia, etc.) who actually agreed with Albert Goldman's book. I think that says enough.

I don't want to dismiss May's place in John's life or bash her, because I adore the stuff he created during that time with her, but still I believe she overplays her role in his life quite a bit.

Last edited by Apple Scruff : Feb 11, 2011 at 10:46 PM.
Apple Scruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2011, 06:54 AM   #5
lennonluvr9
Sun King

Send a message via MSN to lennonluvr9

Oh I see. Its an interview from when she made that photo book. I was gonna say, hasnt she already broken her silence?

"Logic?? My God, the man's talking about logic. We're talking about universal Armageddon!" Dr. McCoy, Wrath of Khan
lennonluvr9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2011, 07:30 AM   #6
Dr Winston
Day Tripper

Give it a rest May. John never really wanted you, you were just a bit of fun, and you have made enough money out of it.