BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Beatles Forums > I Read The News Today

Old Jun 25, 2003, 11:06 PM   #1
shyGirl
Sun King

Default Pete Best Band Tour Dates

http://abbeyrd.best.vwh.net/news/petebestband.html

Dear All, Petebest.com is proud to announce the dates and venues for Pete Best's forthcoming tour of the USA, The has been appropriately titled

------ The True Beginnings Tour ------,

The Pete Best Band has decided on this name for two reasons:

1. The True Beginnings is the Title of the Best Brothers Newest book.
2. For those of you that have experienced The Pete Best Band live before I am sure you will agree that it was a great experience, but that experience will only get better, for the Pete Best band play songs that you may never ever have heard live before, such as early classics like Besame Mucho, Hello Little Girl, My Bonnie, Till There Was You, Like Dreamers Do, Sweet Georgia Brown & Saw Her Standing There.

As you have probably noticed these songs are very early songs from the Beatles Repertoire, and the bonus of all this is that you will have an Original Beatle with his own band playing all these great songs for you. The Pete Best Band play a set of songs that Pete Best Played on initially from 1960-62, I realise that there are thousands of Tribute Bands all around the world but one thing is for sure, YOU CAN'T BEAT THE REAL THING!

-
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Pete Best Band -- The True Beginnings Tour -- USA 2003

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday JULY 3RD
O GARAS
164 Snelling Ave. N, St. Paul, MN 55104
O'Gara's Garage Live Entertainment Hotline, (612)676-2133
http://www.ogaras.com/
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FridayJULY 4TH
REMBRANDT IOWA
Venue to be added

Saturday JULY 5TH
MILFORD PIONEER THEATRE
905 Okoboji Ave.
Milford, IA 51351
http://www.pioneertheatre.com

Sunday JULY 6TH
KNICKER BOCKERS, 901 O St, Lincoln, NE
402-476-6865

Monday JULY 7TH
Hard Rock Café, 500 16th Street, Suite 120, Denver, CO 80202
Telephone : 303-623-3191
http://www.hardrockcafe.com/location...s.aspx?Lc=DENV

Weds JULY 9TH
Hard Rock Café, 600 E. Trolley St, Salt Lake City, UT 84102
Telephone:801-532-ROCK
http://www.hardrockcafe.com/location...s.aspx?Lc=SALT
Thurs JULY 10TH
DUKE OF WINDSOR, 522 Main St, Windsor, CO
970-686-5775

Fri JULY 11TH
TULSA CONVENTION CENTRE, 100 Civic Center, Tulsa, OK
918-596-7177
http://www.tulsaconvention.com/
Sat JULY 12TH
ROSE STATE COLLEGE
6420 SE 15th St
Oklahoma City, OK
405-733-7311
*Mon—JULY 14TH—
THE ORPHEUM THEATRE
15 West Aspen Street, Flagstaff, Arizona 86001
Phone: (928) 556-1580
http://www.orpheumpresents.com
Tues JULY 15TH
Hard Rock Café
3 South 2nd Street, Suite 117, Phoenix, AZ 85004
Telephone:602-261-7625
http://www.hardrock.com/locations/ca...s.aspx?Lc=PHOE
Thurs JULY 17TH
BROOKDALE LODGE
11570 Highway 9, Brookdale, Santa Cruz, CA 95007
831-338-9529
http://www.brookdalelodge.com
Sun JULY 20TH
BEATLEFAIR
Scottish Rite Center,
Mission Valley, 1895 Camino Del Rio South, San Diego, California,
Tel : 619.297.0737
www.beatlefair.com
Mon JULY 21st
COACH HOUSE
33157 Camino Capistrano Road, San Juan, Capistrano, CA 92675
Tel : (949) 496-8930
http://www.thecoachhouse.com/
Tuesday JULY 22nd
HARD ROCK CAFE
Universal Studios, City Walk, Hollywood. CA
Tel : (818) 622-7625
Wednesday JULY 23rd
KINGS HEAD,
201 Orchard City Drive, Campbell, CA,
408-871-2499
http://www.thekingshead.com/
Thursday JULY 24th
MCNEARS MYSTIC THEATRE
23 Petaluma Blvd. No., Petaluma, Ca. 94952
Tel : 707.765.2121
http://www.mystictheatre.com/
Friday 25th JULY
CLASSIC JUKE BOX
8200 Sierra College Blvd , Roseville, CA
916-791-2131
http://www.theclassicjukebox.com/
Saturday 26th JULY
AVALON BALLROOM
1290 Sutter Street, San Francisco, CA, 94109.
Tel : 415-673-5716
Sunday 27th JULY
GROVE THEATRE
Upland, CA
Address To Be Added
shyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2003, 05:33 PM   #2
lennon4
Paperback Writer

Send a message via AIM to lennon4
Default Re: Pete Best Band Tour Dates

Their new image is almost pathetic... [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img]

Thanks for sharing, though!

-lennon4
lennon4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2003, 11:23 PM   #3
BeatleChick
Sgt. Pepper

I will be seeing Pete and his band at BeatleFair here in sunny San Diego on the 20th!! I can't wait to see him perform and to meet him! It should be so good!!!

[img]graemlins/musicnotes.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rotate.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bouncing2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/musicnotes.gif[/img]
BeatleChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2003, 02:55 AM   #4
Johnna Lynn
Mr. Moonlight

Quote:
Originally Posted By lennon4:

-lennon4
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">I cannot get excited about anything to do with Best. I'm not sure why people want to have a picture taken with him, let alone pay to have him sign books. I don't consider him any more than a bit player in Beatle history.
Johnna Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2003, 08:15 AM   #5
jtal909
Sun King

The bass player is holding his "Beatle bass" left handed, too.
jtal909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2003, 08:42 AM   #6
Savoy Truffle
Paperback Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted By lennon4:

-lennon4
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Yes, and none of them look particularly thrilled to be there!

I hope they are more exciting to listen to than they look. But still would maybe interesting to hear.
Savoy Truffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2003, 11:37 PM   #7
onosideboards
Taxman

come on, everyone knows he's worth very little these days, but contrary to what people have said so far in this thread--he did in fact play a big role in the beatle's very early days (the casbah, 2 trips to hamburg).

i know what i'm doing next friday night! maybe i'll even record the show and take pics.
onosideboards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2003, 03:25 PM   #8
Johnna Lynn
Mr. Moonlight

Quote:
Originally Posted By onosideboards:
come on, everyone knows he's worth very little these days, but contrary to what people have said so far in this thread--he did in fact play a big role in the beatle's very early days (the casbah, 2 trips to hamburg).

i know what i'm doing next friday night! maybe i'll even record the show and take pics.
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">The only thing BIG about Best is his nose, only second to his ego. He is still riding on the boys popularity. If it was'nt for that, he would not be in music. Well maybe a homeless person with a story and a hat to collect money.
I think he sucks. What a leech.
Old Jun 28, 2003, 03:48 PM   #9
Paolo Meccano
Taxman

Quote:
Originally Posted By Johnna Lynn:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Originally Posted By onosideboards:

<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">The only thing BIG about Best is his nose, only second to his ego. He is still riding on the boys popularity. If it was'nt for that, he would not be in music. Well maybe a homeless person with a story and a hat to collect money.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Like it or not, Pete was a Beatle: it's a part of his life and he's entitled to profit from it.
Paolo Meccano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2003, 05:35 PM   #10
Johnna Lynn
Mr. Moonlight

Quote:
Originally Posted By Paolo Meccano:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Originally Posted By Johnna Lynn:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Originally Posted By onosideboards:

</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Like it or not, Pete was a Beatle: it's a part of his life and he's entitled to profit from it.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Best is not a member of the Beatles as I know them. If he were entitled to make money from that, he would use the name Beatles. He cant use it because he signed legal documents a long time ago. (It was settled for an undisclosed amount of money.) Best even says the amount was small. As compared to what, I dont know. He cant say either.
Old Jun 28, 2003, 06:08 PM   #11
Boogaloo Sixty-Four
Day Tripper

I guess I'm in left field here, but I like Pete Best. I thought he was talented in his own right; and even though it wasn't meant to be w/him and the Beatles, he was still very much a part of them in a way. I could be wrong, but I've heard that he went through an awful lot of pain in his personal life since then...if that's true, then I'm just happy to hear that he's doing well and enjoying himself again by getting out there and drumming. I hope he has a wonderful time on tour. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Boogaloo Sixty-Four is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2003, 06:34 PM   #12
SF4-EVER

Just a side note: Pete did earn royalties from the first volume of Anthology. Here's a LINK to an old article where he discusses it.
SF4-EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2003, 07:28 PM   #13
Johnna Lynn
Mr. Moonlight

Quote:
Originally Posted By SF4-EVER:
Just a side note: Pete did earn royalties from the first volume of Anthology. Here's a LINK to an old article where he discusses it.
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Thanks for the info, Sandra. I cant get passed that even though Best got royalties from Anthology one, (which is just) it also states that Best has not spoken to the others SINCE 1962. That tells me what I need to know. [img]graemlins/sgtpepper.gif[/img]
Old Jun 28, 2003, 08:16 PM   #14
lennon4
Paperback Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted By Johnna Lynn:
I'm not sure why people want to have a picture taken with him, let alone pay to have him sign books.
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">While I wouldn't pay for his autograph, I wouldn't mind having a picture of him, or listening to him talk about his experience with the Beatles. I mean, everyone who has gone to a Fest will know that all sorts of Beatle-related people show up as guests. I'd love to hear his story.

-lennon4
Old Jun 29, 2003, 04:42 AM   #15
joelcrowservo
Dr. Robert

I dunno, I dont think what Petes doing is any different than what, say, Bill Clinton does. Leeching off the fact he used to be a president. At least Pete was a Beatle, which I'd rather be any day! BTW, I'm working on possibly doing an interview with Pete for KOMA when he comes to Oklahoma City next, NEXT weekend. I'll let you know if it pans out.
joelcrowservo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2003, 06:46 AM   #16
jtal909
Sun King

though I don't have any interest to see his band ( I would imagine they are like any other cover band), I don't deny him his heritage of playing for several years with the Beatles in Hamburg and wherever. I say let him get whatever he can off this.
go, Pete, go!
Old Jun 29, 2003, 01:08 PM   #17
beatlebangs1964

Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964

I agree with L4, Boo and JTAL. It would be interesting to hear Pete's perspective, although I am not in a position now to pay to see his band. Although technically he was a Beatle during the inception of the group, he plainly did not fit in and since he was not part of the group during their meteoric rise to fame, he has since become relegated to "non-Beatle" status. Still, he does have a history as being part of the band.
beatlebangs1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2003, 04:18 PM   #18
lennon4
Paperback Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted By joelcrowservo:
BTW, I'm working on possibly doing an interview with Pete for KOMA when he comes to Oklahoma City next, NEXT weekend. I'll let you know if it pans out.
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Hey, good luck! Let us know what happens. [img]graemlins/thumbsup1.gif[/img]

-lennon4
Old Jun 30, 2003, 11:32 PM   #19
onosideboards
Taxman

so just out of curiosity...had stu survived and decided to have a band with klaus voorman presently, would anyone go see them?

my impression is that people simply don't like pete cuz he was kind of a loser. not very interesting. so, if pete was as cool as many of us think stu was, would more of us be interested in him today?
onosideboards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 01, 2003, 05:09 AM   #20
jtal909
Sun King

yes