BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Solo Forums > Crackerbox Palace

Old Oct 19, 2010, 11:08 AM   #1
Hari's Chick

Smile All Things Must Pass 40th Anniversary 3-LP Vinyl Collection

"On November 26, the 40th Anniversary of George's debut solo album, All Things Must Pass, will be commemorated with a remastered & restored 3-LP limited-edition replica vinyl collection.

The set features faithfully-replicated original monochromic album art, poster and lift-top box packaging. The audio has been remastered at Abbey Road Studios from the original analogue master tapes.

On the same date, the album will be available for download purchase in audiophile quality digital format (96Khz/24 bit) exclusively at www.georgeharrison.com."

http://www.georgeharrison.com/#/news...nyl-collection

All Things Must Pass 40th Anniversary 3-LP Vinyl Collection
GEORGE HARRISON’S ‘ALL THINGS MUST PASS’ REMASTERED AND RESTORED FOR LIMITED EDITION 3 LP VINYL COLLECTION COMMEMORATING ALBUM’S 40TH ANNIVERSARY

Hollywood, California – October 18, 2010 – On Friday, November 26, George Harrison’s magnificent 1970 solo debut, All Things Must Pass, will be released in a limited edition, numbered 180-gram vinyl set in its original 3LP configuration, with faithfully replicated original monochromic album art, poster and lift-top box packaging. Newly remastered at Abbey Road Studios from the original analogue master tapes, the deluxe vinyl reissue commemorates the landmark album’s 40th anniversary and will be available exclusively at Record Store Day-participating independent music retailers across the U.S.

All Things Must Pass will also be available internationally as a non-numbered limited edition 3LP boxed set.

On the same date, the album will be available for download purchase in audiophile quality digital format (96Khz/24 bit) exclusively at www.georgeharrison.com.

“George Harrison’s All Things Must Pass was a milestone release in 1970 and it ranks with record store owners as one of the best albums ever released,” said Michael Kurtz, co-founder of Record Store Day. “The organizers of Record Store Day could not be more thrilled to support the restored reissue 40 years later - almost to the exact day - of this majestic album.”

Originally released November 27, 1970, All Things Must Pass is widely considered to be one of George Harrison’s finest albums. Co-produced by Harrison and Phil Spector, the album topped Billboard’s Top 200 chart for seven weeks and includes the international #1 smash single “My Sweet Lord” and its b-side "Isn't It a Pity," and the Top 10 hit “What Is Life.”

All Things Must Pass features a broad spectrum of all-star guest musicians, including Ringo Starr, Eric Clapton and Billy Preston, among others. A third LP, a collection of five informal live studio recordings Harrison titled ‘Apple Jam,’ was added to the double album’s original package and is also included in the new 40th Anniversary Edition.

All Things Must Pass (limited edition 3LP box)

LP1
SIDE ONE
1. "I'd Have You Anytime"
2. "My Sweet Lord"
3. "Wah-Wah"
4. "Isn't It a Pity (Version 1)"

SIDE TWO
1. "What Is Life"
2. "If Not For You"
3. "Behind That Locked Door"
4. "Let It Down"
5. "Run of the Mill"

LP2
SIDE ONE
1. "Beware of Darkness"
2. "Apple Scruffs"
3. "Ballad of Sir Frankie Crisp (Let It Roll)"
4. "Awaiting On You All"
5. "All Things Must Pass"

SIDE TWO
1. "I Dig Love"
2. "Art of Dying"
3. "Isn't It a Pity (Version 2)”
4. "Hear Me Lord"

LP3 (‘Apple Jam’)
SIDE ONE
1. "Out of the Blue"
2. "It's Johnny's Birthday"
3. "Plug Me In"
SIDE TWO
1. "I Remember Jeep"
2. "Thanks for the Pepperoni"
Old Oct 19, 2010, 06:03 PM   #2
CWW
Wild Honey Pie

Good to hear, but i prefer the 2000 30th anniversary release George oversaw..My Sweet Lord 2000!! and all the cool new 'updated' art with the overpasses etc..this was a magical time really, and with the website launch at that time, the aol chats, the EPK..everything was looking up..

Still its nice the 40th anniversary is being commemorated..

I did buy the 2000 re release on vinyl..the box set..i opened it up and scrunched up on the vinyl under the plastic was a brown ball..i tried to clean it off and realised it was what i thought to be a dead moth or something..it looked totally dead and had been sealed in plastic for god knows how long then all of a sudden it unrolled and flew off!! quite a nice story..hope it didnt cause a biosecurity threat or was an introduced species from Europe!

"take me to the river, drop me in the water..."
- David Byrne

Last edited by CWW : Oct 19, 2010 at 06:04 PM.
CWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2010, 06:06 PM   #3
CWW
Wild Honey Pie

Also should say its great this is for record store day too..George loved records and record shops..they need to be supported in this digital age, another thing im sure George would have commented on im sure..and im sure hed be pleased it was re released on VINYL for this occasion..some things dont pass and stick around..

- David Byrne
Old Oct 20, 2010, 11:50 AM   #4
Hari's Chick

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWW View Post
Good to hear, but i prefer the 2000 30th anniversary release George oversaw..My Sweet Lord 2000!! and all the cool new 'updated' art with the overpasses etc..this was a magical time really, and with the website launch at that time, the aol chats, the EPK..everything was looking up..
You know I agree here! The REAL My Sweet Lord is the 2000 version, I say!! And while people sometimes disagree, we have George himself on our side of the opinion! He also liked the 2000 version best!

I love the old website... you can still access it.. I go back and play with the gnomes sometimes and check Cyril's rare guitars wistfully hoping someday I will see an update... (maybe they keep it the same for sentimental reasons, too..)

Quote:
Still its nice the 40th anniversary is being commemorated..

I did buy the 2000 re release on vinyl..the box set..i opened it up and scrunched up on the vinyl under the plastic was a brown ball..i tried to clean it off and realised it was what i thought to be a dead moth or something..it looked totally dead and had been sealed in plastic for god knows how long then all of a sudden it unrolled and flew off!! quite a nice story..hope it didnt cause a biosecurity threat or was an introduced species from Europe!
How cool is that?!! You know there is some sort of message there... so I had to pry...

Check out the cool things the moth symbolizes... the one I like best is "As humans, we may translate this as symbolic of living our lives by intuitive feeling rather than physical sensory perception." cool cool cool :) You intuitive pisces, you!!

http://www.whats-your-sign.com/anima...lism-moth.html
Old Oct 20, 2010, 08:42 PM   #5
MaccaGirl2891
Sun King

Send a message via AIM to MaccaGirl2891 Send a message via MSN to MaccaGirl2891 Send a message via Yahoo to MaccaGirl2891 Send a message via Skype™ to MaccaGirl2891

I would LOVE to get this, but I am a poor college student...
George Harrison - 2/25/1943--11/29/2001
Michael Joseph Jackson - 8/29/1958--6/25/2009
MaccaGirl2891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2010, 12:34 AM   #6
CWW
Wild Honey Pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hari's Chick View Post
You know I agree here! The REAL My Sweet Lord is the 2000 version, I say!! And while people sometimes disagree, we have George himself on our side of the opinion! He also liked the 2000 version best!

I love the old website... you can still access it.. I go back and play with the gnomes sometimes and check Cyril's rare guitars wistfully hoping someday I will see an update... (maybe they keep it the same for sentimental reasons, too..)

How cool is that?!! You know there is some sort of message there... so I had to pry...

Check out the cool things the moth symbolizes... the one I like best is "As humans, we may translate this as symbolic of living our lives by intuitive feeling rather than physical sensory perception." cool cool cool :) You intuitive pisces, you!!

http://www.whats-your-sign.com/anima...lism-moth.html
Yup My Sweet Lord is THE verison of the song..the others just dont know it yet!!

the guitar work is just so moving, some of George's best and he has changed it round quite a bit..the vocals again are just so moving and spiritually powerful..the 1970 version is a classic - when you ehar it you can hear a man searching for God, in the 2000 version you can hear someone who has found him..

i agree about the moth!! i was astonished by it..i did take a spiritual meaning from it..how it flew away it was a bit like the proverbial phoenix from the ashes..im still amazed something could survive for weeks or even a month or two? i mean i know about hiberationa dn that but what about suffocation and starvation? it was quite special..i hope some species of plant is not extinct now because of its release lol

- David Byrne
Old Oct 21, 2010, 12:38 AM   #7
FPSHOT
Sun King

Quote:
And while people sometimes disagree, we have George himself on our side of the opinion! He also liked the 2000 version best!
It would have been a bit weird for George after having recorded the 2000 version with the alterations and then say "yet I like the 1970 version best"

Last edited by FPSHOT : Oct 21, 2010 at 12:39 AM.
FPSHOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2010, 06:53 PM   #8
Hari's Chick

Quote:
the guitar work is just so moving, some of George's best and he has changed it round quite a bit..the vocals again are just so moving and spiritually powerful..the 1970 version is a classic - when you ehar it you can hear a man searching for God, in the 2000 version you can hear someone who has found him..
I agree!!!! The guitar work on 2000 is just incredible... and yeah, that's exactly it... George's vocals.. man, yeah, you said it just perfectly! I love that!

Quote:
i agree about the moth!! i was astonished by it..i did take a spiritual meaning from it..how it flew away it was a bit like the proverbial phoenix from the ashes..im still amazed something could survive for weeks or even a month or two? i mean i know about hiberationa dn that but what about suffocation and starvation? it was quite special..i hope some species of plant is not extinct now because of its release lol
...and the world begins to unravel!!!
Old Oct 21, 2010, 07:02 PM   #9
Hari's Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPSHOT View Post
It would have been a bit weird for George after having recorded the 2000 version with the alterations and then say "yet I like the 1970 version best"
lol, but you know if he was in any way dissatisfied he'd have said so... like when he said he miswrote the words to "I Want to Tell You"- saying later he said the opposite of what he actually meant! "It isn't me, it is my mind.... that is confusing things..."
Old Oct 21, 2010, 09:03 PM   #10
FPSHOT
Sun King

Quote:
lol, but you know if he was in any way dissatisfied he'd have said so... like when he said he miswrote the words to "I Want to Tell You"- saying later he said the opposite of what he actually meant! "It isn't me, it is my mind.... that is confusing things..."
The George Harrison I know would not have released the 2000 version if he had only a little doubt about the result of the recording. As for the Beatles song, well in those days there was not enough time to think things through like George could do and wanted to do after 1970. And yes I am too serious.

Last edited by FPSHOT : Oct 21, 2010 at 09:05 PM.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 05:17 AM   #11
CWW
Wild Honey Pie

George did release MANY things he was dissatisfied with and not happy about.. I mean look at Dark horse and its release - even though he was losing his voice! yet it had to be done..It doesnt mean to us as fans it isnt great, but most artists are perfectionits or have very high standards and are hard on themselves and think "i could have done that better". George was no different. Like if George was alive now he may not like MSL2000 as much and might wanna change that..My sweet lord 2010?!

Look at "Real Love" and "Free as a bird" - now i know George had many doubts about releasing those, yet he still did.. And they are great.
Even classic stuff like ATMP he would later look back on and say he wished he had of changed it and 'reduced it a little' like let it down for instance..George was a Pisces, he was always changing his mind on things... "one half's going where the other half's just been".

Thats the George Harrison i know anyway..

- David Byrne

Last edited by CWW : Oct 22, 2010 at 05:20 AM.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 06:25 AM   #12
johnnymain
Mr. Moonlight

I love this album except for the last side.

I already have the vinyl re-issue plus the Anniversary edityion CD but not sure if it's worth getting this.

www.metaltalk.net for Daily Metal News, Reviews and Opinions
johnnymain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2010, 07:46 AM   #13
FPSHOT
Sun King

Quote:
George did release MANY things he was dissatisfied with and not happy about.. I mean look at Dark horse and its release - even though he was losing his voice! yet it had to be done..It doesnt mean to us as fans it isnt great, but most artists are perfectionits or have very high standards and are hard on themselves and think "i could have done that better". George was no different.
saying this and referring to Dark Horse in particular I feel that you of all people will know that George was not doing well in various ways in that time - just look at pictures - so decisions will have been different than in the time of the All Things Must Pass project.

Quote:
Look at "Real Love" and "Free as a bird" - now i know George had many doubts about releasing those, yet he still did.. And they are great.
Absolutely and there was the strong and vital George who to me even seemed to be the leading guy and did great things vocally and on guitar.

Old Oct 22, 2010, 09:08 AM   #14
Hari's Chick

Quote:
George was a Pisces, he was always changing his mind on things... "one half's going where the other half's just been".
Absolutely! That's part of what I love about him!

Here's a sweet acounting from George himself about his decision regarding Japan tour.. this sprang to mind in the conversation here... about being changeable..

"But I still went through a period of procrastination and indecision- thinking, yes, I would do it and then no, yes, no, yes, no. It seemed like the easiest thing was to say 'no' and get myself off the hook. I sent a fax saying, 'Thanks for the offer but no, I'm not doing it.' The next day I thought, 'Well, maybe I should have done it,' so I phoned Roger Forrester and said, 'What did the promoter say when you said I wasn't doing the tour?' He said, 'Well, I haven't told him yet,' and I said, 'Okay, then- let's do it.' "

So pisces!

Later George says,

"At this point in time, I feel I may do some more touring- but haven't decided absolutely yet. There is a reasonable chance that the Live In Japan record is only a warm up for future show; but one never knows. That could have been it (for this life, anyway)."

So, yeah, I see George as very fluid and flexible...
Old Oct 22, 2010, 04:01 PM   #15
CWW
Wild Honey Pie

Quote:
saying this and referring to Dark Horse in particular I feel that you of all people will know that George was not doing well in various ways in that time - just look at pictures - so decisions will have been different than in the time of the All Things Must Pass project.
Well not really, he was going through a lot at the time of Dark Horse obviously, but in a way this was when he was so fired up..with the tour and everything, he showed amazing courage and leadership there in being the first Beatle to really go out on the road! (wings university shows in Europe hardly counts) even though he liked it the elast! and he was so passionate and fired up spiritually, leading prayers and chants and showcasing Rav etc..in contrast the ATMP reissue period was when he really wasnt doing to well, after the attack (he still has his hand with a protective cast/bandage in the EPK) and was soon to get very ill..yet he was so serene and had so much courage..

Quote:
Absolutely and there was the strong and vital George who to me even seemed to be the leading guy and did great things vocally and on guitar.
I agree here, i felt George really stepped up on this project and was almost like a driving force during the sessions, his stamp was all over it..but i do know he really questioned whether to do it or not (as im sure they all did) but i think George was by far the most reluctant and the others would have done something years before..

- David Byrne

Last edited by CWW : Oct 22, 2010 at 04:05 PM.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 04:11 PM   #16
CWW
Wild Honey Pie

Quote:
Absolutely! That's part of what I love about him!

Here's a sweet acounting from George himself about his decision regarding Japan tour.. this sprang to mind in the conversation here... about being changeable..

"But I still went through a period of procrastination and indecision- thinking, yes, I would do it and then no, yes, no, yes, no. It seemed like the easiest thing was to say 'no' and get myself off the hook. I sent a fax saying, 'Thanks for the offer but no, I'm not doing it.' The next day I thought, 'Well, maybe I should have done it,' so I phoned Roger Forrester and said, 'What did the promoter say when you said I wasn't doing the tour?' He said, 'Well, I haven't told him yet,' and I said, 'Okay, then- let's do it.' "

So pisces!

Later George says,

"At this point in time, I feel I may do some more touring- but haven't decided absolutely yet. There is a reasonable chance that the Live In Japan record is only a warm up for future show; but one never knows. That could have been it (for this life, anyway)."

So, yeah, I see George as very fluid and flexible...

Exactly!! this is totally how i see George! and its one of the things that makes him so endearing! being a fellow pisces i am often doing things like this myself, tho i try to keep my self in check..its a great way to be, and its great being sponatenous and playing things by air, but i have found it doesnt always wash so well with others - people think its indecisive and get impatient lol So i have also got quite good at 'making plans' and planning things - infact i plan ahead alot. Ye i still frustrate people with my inability to make up my mind!

Go Team Pisces!!

- David Byrne
Old Oct 23, 2010, 02:13 AM   #17
FPSHOT
Sun King

Quote:
Exactly!! this is totally how i see George! and its one of the things that makes him so endearing! being a fellow pisces i am often doing things like this myself, tho i try to keep my self in check..its a great way to be, and its great being sponatenous and playing things by air, but i have found it doesnt always wash so well with others - people think its indecisive and get impatient lol So i have also got quite good at 'making plans' and planning things - infact i plan ahead alot. Ye i still frustrate people with my inability to make up my mind!

Go Team Pisces!!
I know you two often wanna agree which is lovely but.... in this case, I do not believe it is a solid Pisces thing. HC is not Pisces and I am not, but I have so often the examples you describe here and also the one George had about the Japan Tour yes/no which btw can be seen in the latest "George Interviews" topic and when I was watching George saying that about the Japan Tour I so much recognise various decisions I made saying 'this' at 4pm to someone and then 10 minutes later saying "forget it, it will be ..." whatever the example was. So I believe it is not only a Pisces thing.

Old Oct 23, 2010, 09:33 AM   #18
Hari's Chick

Smile

Quote:

Go Team Pisces!!
You are very pisces!! I find that endearing, as George's piscean aspects are, too! We can learn so much from the pisces sign, which is the 'elder spiritualist' of the zodiac. I think the reason 'one half's going where the other half's just been' is because of a deep recognition of the balance yin/yang of situations... there are so many cool artworks with pisces depicted in yin/yang fashion, mandalas and things...
Old Oct 23, 2010, 09:42 AM   #19
Hari's Chick

Quote:
I know you two often wanna agree which is lovely but.... in this case, I do not believe it is a solid Pisces thing. HC is not Pisces
..Pisces rising though ;)

Quote:
and I am not, but I have so often the examples you describe here and also the one George had about the Japan Tour yes/no which btw can be seen in the latest "George Interviews" topic and when I was watching George saying that about the Japan Tour I so much recognise various decisions I made saying 'this' at 4pm to someone and then 10 minutes later saying "forget it, it will be ..." whatever the example was. So I believe it is not only a Pisces thing.
People might have lots of qualities from all the signs, I think... just human nature being so diverse... but the signs group predominant tendencies. So maybe you as a Capricorn can have some cross over Pisces things, and a Pisces may have a quality thought of as a Cap quality, too. It's just when a tendency is often occuring that one can say, "that's a quality of this sign..." You know, it doesn't make it exclusive ... just a trend.
Old Oct 24, 2010, 02:44 AM   #20
CWW
Wild Honey Pie

Its not like a bragging right, being a pisces lol..as i said i get alot of crap from people about being 'indecisive' etc and they do NOT find this endearing AT ALL, infact they find it frustrating..id like to say it doesnt bother me but sometimes it does..i do try and change certain things but mostly i think..stuff em :P

of course we can all change our minds about things,. pisces are just maybe abit more prone to it..

Hari's Chick may not be a pisces as such but shes probably what we pisceans would call an 'honorary pisces'.. she's very pisces sensitive and aware! Maybe more pisces than most pisces!! lol

- David Byrne

Last edited by CWW : Oct 24, 2010 at 02:46 AM.