BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > New Products > Rock Band

Old Sep 03, 2009, 11:58 AM   #21
62hofner

I'd much rather have "The End" - a well-known song that has LOTS of guitar rifffs and licks to play along with - not to mention Ringo's ONE and ONLY Beatles drum solo (how many of us are going to fight over the drums for THAT one???) - than some previously unreleased track.

It's a silly thing to be disappointed about.
62hofner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 03, 2009, 12:28 PM   #22
Legs
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62hofner View Post
I'd much rather have "The End" - a well-known song that has LOTS of guitar rifffs and licks to play along with - not to mention Ringo's ONE and ONLY Beatles drum solo (how many of us are going to fight over the drums for THAT one???) - than some previously unreleased track.

Yes I cant imagine how you would play along to Now and Then,
unless the remaining Beatles turned it into more of a rock song with more guitars. Regardles fans of the game and Beatles music can and should enjoy it for what it is. I agree that you don't buy such a thing just for one unreleased song, there should be many more factors at play I figure.

As for Now and Then. It would have been nice if it had turned up on the game, but then it should be offered as a download also, or even better on a cd. 09-09-09 seems to be the best time to release the song one way or another, but I have my doubts. We just wait and see what happens.

Last edited by Legs : Sep 03, 2009 at 12:29 PM.
Legs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 03, 2009, 12:53 PM   #23
62hofner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legs View Post

As for Now and Then. It would have been nice if it had turned up on the game, but then it should be offered as a download also, or even better on a cd. 09-09-09 seems to be the best time to release the song one way or another, but I have my doubts. We just wait and see what happens.
They should have put "Now and Then" on a re-issue of "Yesterday and Today"!
62hofner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 03, 2009, 01:24 PM   #24
Legs
Sun King

Quote:
They should have put "Now and Then" on a re-issue of "Yesterday and Today"!
That really was a missed opportunity

Last edited by Legs : Sep 03, 2009 at 01:25 PM.
Old Sep 03, 2009, 03:11 PM   #25
ringo_rama
Old Brown Shoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibgal View Post
It would be a waste to LIMIT a [previously unreleased] track, to a game product, YES! Why should I have to buy an extra product (the game) when I don't want a game but music? Isn't that an insult to those of us loving Beatles MUSIC even if we're not gamers? Don't you hear what you're saying?
Exactly. I don't have any gaming system, so am I expected to fork over however many hundreds on that plus the game itself...all so I can own one song in an impractical format?

The remasters are expensive, but they're worth the money for the enjoyment I'll get out of hearing my favorite songs in better quality, hearing most of the mono mixes for the first time, and poring over the liner notes. Having played Rock Band on a friend's system and instantly becoming bored with it, I can safely say that the same does not apply there.

Quote:
I'm happy for you enjoying the game, and I sure don't want to rain on your parade, but you cannot expect those not into Rock Band to rejoice when they find music they've looked forward to bundle into a product they don't want.
Ditto. I hope the game's cool and that people get a kick out of it. Beatles or not, it isn't my cup of tea and I'm willing to forgo the graphics and replica instruments for that reason. What I'm not willing to go without is the music. Like I said, I still think it's crap that the Christmas records are included in the game rather than as a bonus disc in the box set or as content on the Past Masters set. Debuting a new song exclusively on a video game would be about a million times worse. (Although let's face it, if it ever comes out, "Now and Then" will inevitably leak onto YouTube before the release no matter what medium)

Please visualize this whenever you read my posts:
Yay!!!!!!
-R_R: eradicating stupidity, one post at a time
ringo_rama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 03, 2009, 07:15 PM   #27
JonnyLytnin
Rocky Raccoon

Ok, so I'm sorry for bringing out the worst on this topic. I don't think that the game should be the only medium of release for any track. I think If a song comes out for the game it should be made available on a disc as well. I think it's ultimately unfair to only put the Christmas record(s) on the game as well.

I will say this though... IF (big if) the Beatles and Rock Band decided to debut a never before available track on the game ONLY a day or two before a conventional release, I think it would be a real treat for us Rock Band-ers and would in no way feel like anybody else got treated unfairly as long as they got to buy on MP3, CD, etc a few days later. If the thought of that bothers somebody, I'm sorry that we'll have to agree to disagree, but I would consider it an honor and a treat to have such a thing "wasted" on us.

Last edited by JonnyLytnin : Sep 03, 2009 at 07:23 PM.
JonnyLytnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 03, 2009, 07:22 PM   #28
JonnyLytnin
Rocky Raccoon

Quote:

I'm not disappointed in them (Harmonix/MTV Games or the Beatles), I'm disappointed in the rumor mill being just a rumor on this one. I'm beyond excited to play "The End" and every other song on the game, but I could have just as easily waited for "The End" to come out as DLC w/ the rest of Abbey Road in lieu of something like an unreleased track. Silly to be disappointed? Maybe a tad if it truly bothers you and definitely if it's what causes you to not buy the game.
Old Sep 03, 2009, 09:26 PM   #30
Legs
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyLytnin View Post
Ok, so I'm sorry for bringing out the worst on this topic. I don't think that the game should be the only medium of release for any track. I think If a song comes out for the game it should be made available on a disc as well. I think it's ultimately unfair to only put the Christmas record(s) on the game as well.
No need to be sorry, it's so far a good and interesting discusion.
I don't think anyone would have a problem if a new song turns up on the game first, but was made available as an mp3 or something later.

Anyway I am sure it would turn up in a less official way in due time,
like most fans will have the Christmas records already. But what where they thinking by not releasing that on cd?
Old Sep 05, 2009, 12:59 PM   #31
mluque125
Paperback Writer

Send a message via AIM to mluque125

I'm only a little disappointed because I expected a song that's not going to be in one of the album downloads later. No worries though, can't wait to play this game.

Inspiration, move me brightly.
Light the song with sense and color;
Hold away despair, more than this I will not ask.
mluque125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 05, 2009, 03:15 PM   #32
JonnyLytnin
Rocky Raccoon

I WAS going to get this game but since the never before heard or created Take 152 of Sexy Sadie will not be in the game, I am now not going to buy this for my hamster's previous owner's daughter's elderly grandma's greasy haired boy toy!

If this track isn't released in the next 4 days or 40 seconds (whichever comes first or last) I will wash my hands of this band's specifically branded hand moisturizer!

Look into a Glass Onion.

Last edited by JonnyLytnin : Sep 05, 2009 at 03:15 PM.
Old Sep 05, 2009, 06:11 PM   #33
hibgal
Sun King

I think the strain is showing, JL! Just breathe deeply.

Sometimes I dream in colors
It always happens when
I find myself with others
Who don't pretend
hibgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 06, 2009, 02:11 AM   #34
JonnyLytnin
Rocky Raccoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibgal View Post
I think the strain is showing, JL! Just breathe deeply.
I'm trying but we are now soooooo close to getting the game & CDs and I am soooo happy! (and that is no joke)

I'm reading on a bunch of sites that this game is getting better reviews than Guitar Hero 5 (which was just released on 9/1/09). How cool!