BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Solo Forums > Red Rose Speedway

Old Jan 13, 2009, 06:33 PM   #1
donnamariemoreno27
Mr. Moonlight

Send a message via AIM to donnamariemoreno27
Post PAUL ON "HOWARD STERN-1/14/09"...

Well it looks like Paul will be making the rounds in NYC...so for those of you that have SIRUS Satellite Radio, check out for Howard to bring out the "heavy artillary" questions for him!

Donna~
donnamariemoreno27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2009, 07:59 PM   #2
beatlebangs1964

Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964

I saw Paul on Howeird Stern in 2001, some months before George died.

I think Stern's show is disgusting and he can sure act a fool. It boggles the mind as to why on earth Paul would be on his show.

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/c...rtc/signatures

http://www.reddit.com/r/troubledteen...aten_at_green/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7g0oiJ52Gw
beatlebangs1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2009, 05:37 AM   #3
joenamherst
Dr. Robert

One word on why Paul would appear on 'D-List' programs such as the View and Howard Stern.......PUBLICITY! It sure looks like Paul is using his NY visit to pump up the sales of his new album. Doesn't it seem strange that all of a sudden he's everywhere? 'Nothing Too Much, Just Out Of Sight' was the featured song on fridays 'Crash' finale.
Old Jan 14, 2009, 05:39 AM   #4
beatlebangs1964

Yeah, but Paul is such a popular public figure he most likely can pick and choose his forum.

No doubt his new CD will do well saleswise. Playing his songs in movies and other types of shows will no doubt reinforce his musical message as well as treat his audience.

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

Old Jan 15, 2009, 10:02 AM   #5
Esmirelda
Sun King

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfPr0dVffaA

You can hear the interview on youtube.
Old Jan 16, 2009, 09:43 PM   #6
FPSHOT
Sun King

I saw a transcript, I hope it is correct.

Paul McCartney gave Stern a signed Hofner bass guitar for a birthday gift. Stern said, "Is it yours?" McCartney replied, "No, it's yours."

Stern reminded Paul that he told him to get a pre-nuptial agreement. Paul says he doesn't remember. Denies everything and winks. Stern said it was good McCartney took the high road.

Paul mentioned the East Hamptons concerts and says he didn't date the women he was photographed with. He just said hello and gave them a kiss as the pictures were taken. The names Christie Brinkley, Renée Zelleweger and Rosanne Arquette were mentioned.

Stern said, "Are you happy with this 'broad'? Paul asked, "Who?" Stern said, "The rich one." Artie Lang followed with, "Everyone knew her as Nancy."

Stern asked Paul about the rumor of John Lennon having sex with Brian Epstein that's discussed in Philip Norman's biography, "John Lennon: The Life." Paul says it's an old rumor. "One hint and they write a book."

About the Fireman album, Stern said he liked it, saying, "And when you do a good job, I'll tell you."

Robin Quivers said, "i'm throwing my hat into the ring. I'm a vegan, too. Take me to the inauguration. Kids love me." Stern tells Robin, "Show Paul your breasts." Paul said no. Robin said, "I've been rejected by Paul McCartney." (Paul is apparently in the U.S. to attend the inauguration.)

Stern asked if it was OK to ask about the Beatles. Paul McCartney: "I like the Beatles. They were a good band." Paul then tells the story that the "Abbey Road" album was originally called 'Everest.' He says, "It was a cheap approach." He explained that walking outside (for the "Abbey Road" cover) was cheaper than going to Mount Everest and shooting an album cover.

The subject came around to the Ringo "no autographs by mail" video. Paul said, "Ringo would always say 'p--- off'" in the old days because he had kids." Stern replied he's not that busy. (p.s. Howard, he's working on an album.) On Ringo's "no autographs" video, Paul said, "Ringo can do what he wants" and called Ringo "brave" for doing that video.

Paul replied, "I just signed something outside." Stern said, "Pete Best will sign anything."

About the unreleased song "Carnival of Light," Paul confirmed it was George Harrison, not Yoko Ono, who didn't like it and that he (Paul) wanted it to go on the "Anthology."

Stern: "Did you ever write Pete Best a check?" Paul said, "He got pride!" Paul said Pete was kicked out not he was good looking, but because Ringo sat in and sounded amazing. Stern said, "Don't miss a day of work!"

Paul said after George Harrison died, "You just remember the good stuff. "Like losing anyone, I don't think of him every day, but you tell a Beatles story and it's tinged with sadness."

And about Dhani Harrison, George's son, McCartney said, "He's really good." Paul also said he and his son James were doing an album together.

Paul McCartney: "I'm an optimist. I've seen Vietnam, Nixon, 9/11. I'm excited about Obama. I'm reading his book."

It's noted that Christie Brinkley got dolled up for Paul McCartney. Paul: "Who can blame her?" Stern said he heard Brinkley was after Paul.

Paul said he loves having a young child. He makes breakfast, drives her to school and talks to mothers of other students. "Very hands on. It's a thrill."

Paul plays the promo single (probably "Sing the Changes"). Paul says, "I like it already." Stern: "You're excited?" Paul: "Why not?" and starts to dance a bit.

On the Fireman album, Paul made up the lyrics as he went along, like "improv." Stern says "Highway" is one of his favorite tracks and says he should have had sex with Renee to that song.

Stern asked if Paul played Guitar Hero. Paul said he didn't, but then added the Beatles were going to have a Guitar Hero game. "I may learn how to be a Beatle," Paul said. Stern also mentions his daughter took a Beatles college course.

The subject turned to drugs. Stern says to Paul, "Cocaine .. everyone knows you were addicted." Paul replied he was not addicted, it was a peer group thing. He says he never took heroin and says he got fed up with cocaine and got out before it was hip. He says he no longer does pot, either.

Paul says he's still a vegetarian, but he doesn't like cruelty to animals. Paul said that some eggs are abandoned by the hens, so it's OK. Stern asked, "Isn't an egg a chicken abortion?" Paul replied it wasn't. "We don't like to think of it like that."

Stern asked why called the album the Fireman? Paul said it's like Sgt. Pepper. Then, referring to the Rutles, he said, "You are Dirk, you are Barry. "I make trails in the woods with a chainsaw for wood (to get wood for a fire)." And says his dad was a fireman.

Stern played another of his favorite songs from the album "Light From Your Lighthouse." (The other is "Highway.") He says this is like the Frost/Nixon interview. "We need 18 hours."

The interview lasted approximately 40 minutes. Paul was having a great time. He was dancing to his CD when it was played.

After the commercial, Stern said there was lots of pressure over the visit. Paul came in with his entourage and there was a lot of things to do. But Stern said it was fun. Paul was relaxed and had his feet up on the couch.

At the end, Fred Norris added, "Before anyone has a heart attack," the guitar came from Guitar Center.

FPSHOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2009, 10:13 PM   #7
beatlelover45223

Cool

Great interview with Paul, thanks for posting the link Esmirelda!

~ Nancy ~
beatlelover45223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2009, 10:28 PM   #8
FPSHOT
Sun King

yeah Esmirelda thanks for that link, it is a great interview (apart from this girl making a lot of noise)

I have only heard part 1 sofar and I love what he told about the Fireman project and also the parts about all these glossy stories about Paul and ladies.

The transcrip which I posted is not complete I notice now..

FPSHOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2009, 11:14 PM   #9
beatlelover45223

I think Robin (the girl), the co-anchor was a little star struck

~ Nancy ~
beatlelover45223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2014, 04:07 PM   #10
Bongo
Nowhere Man

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatlelover45223 View Post
I think Robin (the girl), the co-anchor was a little star struck
As I would be........
Old Jul 07, 2014, 07:15 AM   #11
beatlebangs1964

Or STARR-struck, perhaps or having a MACCattack?