BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Beatles Forums > I Read The News Today

Old Mar 01, 2009, 11:16 AM   #61
wildewoman
Taxman

"Why make it sad to be gay?
Doing your thing is ok.
Our bodies' our own
So leave us alone
And play with yourself today."
--John Lennon
wildewoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 01, 2009, 11:49 AM   #62
ringo_rama
Old Brown Shoe

If you listen to the end of "Strawberry Fields Forever," you can hear John say "I f*cked Paul."

Please visualize this whenever you read my posts:
Yay!!!!!!
-R_R: eradicating stupidity, one post at a time
ringo_rama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 01, 2009, 09:24 PM   #63
Dr. Robert

I can't this believe this is a thread. Good Lord. Go on about the possibilty of Stu and whatever about Epstein, but Paul is just stupid speculation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by erinluv182 View Post
*sigh* I hate when I see ridiculous articles like this, but it appears some book is alleging that John wanted to have a gay relationship with Paul. I'm sure we'll all hear about this book sooner or later, so I decided to post a link to the story here. There are several websites running this story. It says Paul and Yoko are both angrily denying it, which I think is a good thing. Seriously, is there not enough intrigue in what actually happened in the Beatles story? Why do people have to make up these ridiculous things?

http://www.nme.com/news/daily-gossip/39678

Sep 12, 2008

Today's top gossip:

The late John Lennon apparently wanted a gay relationship with his Beatles bandmate Paul McCartney.

A new book, 'John Lennon: The Life', also alleges that Lennon fantasised about sleeping with his own mother.

Yoko Ono and McCartney are furious at the claims, written by "respected Beatles author" Philip Norman. A source has said: "Both Sir Paul and Yoko are extremely angry and upset".
Old Mar 01, 2009, 11:24 PM   #64
wildewoman
Taxman

Why not? Paul was delicious back in the day--who could blame John for being attracted, if it's true? Besides, it was Yoko herself that supplied Norman with that story!.

The whole gay thing--with Paul or Brian or Stu or whomever-doesn't bother me in the least. Then again, I voted No on 8 and protested (and continue to protest) its passage, was so happy for my friends who were allowed to marry during those all-too-brief golden months in the Golden state and believe love is a sacrament, wherever it is found.
Old Mar 02, 2009, 07:54 PM   #65
beatlebangs1964

Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964

Paul WAS sexy and still is. However, I sincerely doubt John ever had any gay relationship. John even said in an interview that he and Brian had a purely platonic trip to Spain all those years ago. Paul said in an interview just a few years ago that John was most assuredly not gay; he'd seen John rip it up; drunk; totally wasted and the like and never once did any of those inclinations come out. Paul said if John ever HAD any such interests, they would have come out when his guard was down, but that never happened.

I think Prop 8 is a giant step backward in this more progressive age and I feel that ALL couples, same sex and hetrosexual are entitled to the same legal rights, sanctions and protection. I feel that like WW said above, LOVE is a sacrament that transcends all bounds and that everybody is entitled to happiness.

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/c...rtc/signatures

http://www.reddit.com/r/troubledteen...aten_at_green/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7g0oiJ52Gw
beatlebangs1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2009, 06:28 PM   #66
wildewoman
Taxman

I don't believe they had a gay relationship or that John actually, physically wanted to "get it on" with Paul, necessarily. But some friendships are deeper than others and fall into some other, more complex realm than ..."regular" friendships go. It's not necessarily sexual, but tender and possessive and somewhat lover-like... and--just a different level that I don't think Western culture can explain or express, I suppose, except for possibly the ancient Greeks.

I have always believed that's what John felt for Paul.

Last edited by wildewoman : Nov 14, 2009 at 06:32 PM.
Old Nov 15, 2009, 07:21 PM   #67
Maia 66
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildewoman View Post
some friendships are deeper than others and fall into some other, more complex realm than ..."regular" friendships go. It's not necessarily sexual, but tender and possessive and somewhat lover-like.
Well said. There's also what Evelyn Waugh called in Brideshead Revisited "these romantic English friendships." John and Paul formed a deep and lasting bond in their teens and they loved each other very much. But when John got together with Yoko, he wasn't emotionally balanced enough to maintain two very meaningful relationships.

However, I also know that John was an extraordinarily sexual person.... some have said he was voracious. So it wouldn't surprise me if he wanted to get it on with Paul. They say that John and Stu used to have "private moments" in Hamburg... maybe even Paul and John. Doesn't make any of them gay (and, no, there's nothing wrong with that... I voted No on Prop 8!)... just young, sexual, experimental. We've all been there... and if you haven't, well then I'm sorry for you!

Again, nothing would surprise me. I am one of those who tend to believe that there's a lot that happened with the boys that we will never know about.
Maia 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2009, 10:50 PM   #68
Exis_Beat
Day Tripper

Nothing could possibly be worse than that godawful, and downright cruel and bitter Goldman bio. I still feel dirty from reading it...

John can LIVE through anything.
Old Nov 29, 2009, 11:08 AM   #69
george<3
Dr. Robert

I'm disgusted.

The power of magic, Beatley, Georgeous rainbows COMPELS you!!
george<3 is offline   Reply With Quote