BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Beatles Forums > I Read The News Today

Old Jul 17, 2008, 05:21 PM   #41
.Psychedelic.Stars.
Taxman

Posting a little late in this thread I have to admit I'm not totally into the Jonas Brothers although their songs are slighty catchy. In response to a lot of people in this thread I really don't understand where the hate and making fun of is coming from and it seems it's coming from the majority who has never listened to them or would never give them a chance anyways.

Their songs do not sound like they are written by 3 year olds, they sound like they are written by teens, which is what they are! Also if you think about it a lot of the Beatles early work is not that deep and soul searching either, it's all pop, which is exactly like the Jonas Brothers.

The Beatles might have appealed to all ages, but they were also older when they became famous and not aimed at just teens. The Jonas Brothers have just started out with Disney (do you see many adults listening to Disney music?), their newest album has already gone platinum and they already have their own movie (although their acting sucks ).

I was watching Ellen the other day and they were guests on the show. When they played their music they showed the crowd and it reminded me exactly of the girls screaming in Hard Days Night. You can bash them all you want, but the Beatles and the Jonas Brothers do have certain things in common. Not saying they are the next Beatles but they are pretty popular and for those who have never heard of them go buy a teen magazine, they'll be on the front cover for the 6th month in a row guarenteed.

Btw I'm not aiming to bash anyones opinions. I just felt the need to say something from the other side of the fence since everyone else thinks differently and different opinions make the world go round. I'm sure the people on the Jonas Brothers forums think the Beatles suck too.

Last edited by .Psychedelic.Stars. : Jul 17, 2008 at 05:29 PM.
.Psychedelic.Stars. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2008, 03:45 PM   #42
mccartneymaniac
Dr. Robert

Cool jonas

it is always the same evry new band is the next beatles what the execs dont get is nobody can ever be the next beatles they will never be equalled
Old Aug 21, 2008, 04:13 AM   #43
Esmirelda
Sun King

Default JONAS BROS BETTER THAN THE BEATLES? (I beg your pardon?)

Jonas Brothers Are Better Than The Beatles Says Music Expert
by Alan Henderson

We knew the Jonas Brothers were hot, but we had no idea that anyone out there regarded them as being on par with The Beatles, but we found one music expert who did just that. Ray Worley, owner of "Throwback Music" in Hatsfield, Maryland thinks the JoBros are superior to the Fab Four on a number of accounts.

"The Jonas Brothers beat the Beatles on 5 out of 6 criteria I use to judge bands"

"You gotta understand," said Worley. "I lived through the Beatles era and saw them perform live many times, so I think I've earned the right to speak on the subject."

Worley is a large man with an engaging smile. He really warms up to the subject of this comparison. In the 1960s, Worley attended over 20 Beatle's concerts, and has kept meticulous records that detail his experiences. More recent in his memory is the 20 Jonas Brothers concerts he's been to. For him, the Jonas Brothers are ahead of the Beatles in a number of important categories.

"First off, there are three Jonas Brothers and there were four Beatles. The Jonas Brothers are outmanned yet they still come out ahead," said Worley. "Keep in mind the Beatles were together 10 years but much of their success hinged on the mystique surrounding them. The Jonas Brothers are making it big in music in much different times."

Worley conceeds that the Jonas Brothers will probably not catch up to Beatles in number of records sold, but he thinks that's more a product of the times than a reflection on the group.

"There is no one alive right now who will come close to selling a billion records, but that's mainly because the record industry has changed. If you had a time machine and could put Nick, Joe, and Kevin back in time they would sell 2 billion records."

Worley says that the Beatles probably had the edge on songwriting skills, but they were way behind in charisma.

"If you have ever been to a JoBros show you would know what I mean," he said. "They electrify the crowd with their performance in an almost supernatural fashion. Now John Lennon and McCartney were good, but they just lacked that connection with their audience."

Worley says very people share his opinion, but that's largely because they're misinformed.

"People argue with me all the time," said Worley. "They say a 68 year old man shouldn't even be going to a Jonas Brother show. I fire right back at them that I will go where I want and that's to see the greatest band ever assembled, the Jonas Brothers. If they persist in giving me a hard time I kindly tell them to keep their opinions to themselves."

Published: Tuesday 19th of August 2008 12:22:41 PM

Last edited by Esmirelda : Aug 21, 2008 at 04:13 AM.
Esmirelda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2008, 08:07 AM   #44
SF4-EVER

I notice he doesn't list the criteria he uses to judge bands. Sounds like this guy is just trying to rattle people's chains.

My novella, Lyon's Legacy, about a scientist traveling back to the TwenCen to visit her fictional rock star ancestor, is now available as an e-book from Amazon, B&N, and Smashwords and in paper from CreateSpace and Amazon.
SF4-EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2008, 01:17 PM   #45
Loony_leo
Bulldog

Meh thats his opinion, he's entitled to it, doesn't neccessarily make it so.

Edited to add: and I agree with SF4-ever...this "expert" was probably just paid to generate more hype for the Jonas brothers.

Last edited by Loony_leo : Aug 21, 2008 at 06:52 PM.
Loony_leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2008, 07:13 PM   #46
halcyontempest
Fool On The Hill

Default This is a joke...

I googled "Ray Worley" to ascertain the qualifications of this so-called "music expert," since the article failed to list any. The only mention I found of him and "Throwback Music" was this article. Then I saw that the author of this article has also written other silly articles such as "Paris Hilton Mulling Presidential Run" and "Bigfoot Underground Railroad - The Secret Society Of Heroes Who Hide Bigfoot." Lol.
halcyontempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2008, 11:07 PM   #47
BadLittleKid
Paperback Writer

68-year old man doesn't go to concerts? - I'd beg to differ, I went to Iggy Pop's gig and I saw some 60-year old men who certainly enjoyed Iggy more than the younger ones.

And also, I know certain 66-year old chap who does great concerts too. I would almost say that all rock fans are 60-somethings today, younger people are more conservative than their parents.

- Biggles
BadLittleKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2008, 12:09 AM   #48
kmac
Old Brown Shoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadLittleKid View Post
68-year old man doesn't go to concerts? - I'd beg to differ, I went to Iggy Pop's gig and I saw some 60-year old men who certainly enjoyed Iggy more than the younger ones.

And also, I know certain 66-year old chap who does great concerts too.
I definitely agree with you here BLK. I have seen my share of 60 somethings at many a concert I have attended as well, especially at the Strutting Rooster's concerts.
Old Aug 22, 2008, 06:03 AM   #49
lennonluvr9
Sun King

Send a message via MSN to lennonluvr9

The Jonas Brothers "electrify a crowd" and Lennon & McCartney apparently did not. Of course! That explains why in all that footage I've seen of Beatle concerts everyone looks positively bored out of their minds!

Well, we'll just have to see 40 years from now how many people show up at Jonas Bros Fest (Sorry! Fest for Jonas Bros Fans) Ha!

"Logic?? My God, the man's talking about logic. We're talking about universal Armageddon!" Dr. McCoy, Wrath of Khan
lennonluvr9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2008, 09:25 AM   #50
BadLittleKid
Paperback Writer

Warning, may contain cheese:

That's Jonas Brothers' song S.O.S. - and they're still far from ABBA.

- Biggles
BadLittleKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2008, 11:47 AM   #51
zonymous007
Little Child

Send a message via MSN to zonymous007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esmirelda View Post
by Alan Henderson

We knew the Jonas Brothers were hot, but we had no idea that anyone out there regarded them as being on par with The Beatles, but we found one music expert who did just that. Ray Worley, owner of "Throwback Music" in Hatsfield, Maryland thinks the JoBros are superior to the Fab Four on a number of accounts.

"The Jonas Brothers beat the Beatles on 5 out of 6 criteria I use to judge bands"

"You gotta understand," said Worley. "I lived through the Beatles era and saw them perform live many times, so I think I've earned the right to speak on the subject."
No, you haven't. Be quiet.
Old Aug 22, 2008, 12:09 PM   #52
MAXWELL EDISON
Rocky Raccoon

That's bullshit. They sound just like any other teenage band. And they aren't really well-known.
MAXWELL EDISON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2008, 01:12 PM   #53
HeyBeatle
Sun King

Send a message via AIM to HeyBeatle Send a message via MSN to HeyBeatle

Ok, pardon this post but I'm going to play devil's advocate for a moment.

Mr Worley claims that the Jo Bros are more electrifying and connected better with their audience. Now I've not seen the Beatles or the Jo Bros live in concert but based off of historical fact and my personal experience I can say this.

The audio equipment used at a Jo Bros (or any other concert nowadays) is much better than the equipment used at..say..Shea Stadium. The band can be heard over the hysteria and more over with the ear monitors they can hear themselves which I would imagine makes the experience a bit better for the band thus enabling them to interact more with the audience.

It seems rather short sighted to compare the stage performance of any band from the sixties to one that plays today. It took the experience from bands like the Beatles to make bands like the Jonas Brothers have a glossy perfect stage show.

If toast always lands butter side down and cats always land on their feet. Then what happens when you strap toast to a cat and drop it.
HeyBeatle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2008, 02:14 PM   #54
Serena

Lol, that's hysterical.

It might be fair comparison if you are comparing them to the Beatles' earlier half. They were simply just another cheesy teen pop sensation to the adults that time, as are the Jonas Brothers at this time.

It's hard to determine at this time if the Jonas Brothers will ever transition into more qualitive songwriters and musicians and becoming well acknowledged by both adults and the youth as the Beatles became. We shall see. Still I don't think we've quite reached any internation state of "Jonas Brothermania" just yet.

The Jonas brothers are only emulating what the Beatles did. It was only great the first time around, it's only redundant now. I'm not really impressed by anything their doing, but they certainly are more admirable then the boybands I use to listen to.

I'm sure the Jonas Brothers have better showmanship. Concerts then and now are completely different.

Last edited by Serena : Aug 22, 2008 at 02:23 PM.
Serena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2008, 06:39 PM   #55
kristalane
Fool On The Hill

Honestly, I just try to ignore anything the Jonas Brothers do, because I know they're just a crappy product of Disney, and I know that they will come nowhere CLOSE to what the Beatles did.
Old Aug 23, 2008, 05:24 AM   #56
Mccartneyluvr
Sun King

Send a message via MSN to Mccartneyluvr Send a message via Yahoo to Mccartneyluvr

Every few years we hear some stupid band is "the new Beatles". I remember being in High School and hearing the New Kids on the Block being compared to the Beatles. Whatever.

Yes, my hands are full, but so is my heart.

Just call me Mrs. B
Mccartneyluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2008, 09:54 PM   #57
ringo_rama
Old Brown Shoe

Quote:

Worley is a large man with an engaging smile. He really warms up to the subject of this comparison. In the 1960s, Worley attended over 20 Beatle's concerts, and has kept meticulous records that detail his experiences. More recent in his memory is the 20 Jonas Brothers concerts he's been to. For him, the Jonas Brothers are ahead of the Beatles in a number of important categories.

"First off, there are three Jonas Brothers and there were four Beatles [knows the number of Jonas Brothers]. The Jonas Brothers are outmanned yet they still come out ahead," said Worley. "Keep in mind the Beatles were together 10 years but much of their success hinged on the mystique surrounding them. The Jonas Brothers are making it big in music in much different times."

Worley conceeds that the Jonas Brothers will probably not catch up to Beatles in number of records sold, but he thinks that's more a product of the times than a reflection on the group.

"There is no one alive right now who will come close to selling a billion records, but that's mainly because the record industry has changed. If you had a time machine and could put Nick, Joe, and Kevin [knows the names of the Jonas brothers] back in time they would sell 2 billion records."

Worley says that the Beatles probably had the edge on songwriting skills, but they were way behind in charisma.

"If you have ever been to a JoBros [calls them the JoBros] show you would know what I mean," he said. "They electrify the crowd with their performance in an almost supernatural fashion. Now John Lennon and McCartney were good, but they just lacked that connection with their audience."

Worley says very people share his opinion, but that's largely because they're misinformed.

"People argue with me all the time," said Worley. "They say a 68 year old man shouldn't even be going to a Jonas Brother show. I fire right back at them that I will go where [b]I want and that's to see the greatest band ever assembled, the Jonas Brothers. If they persist in giving me a hard time I kindly tell them to keep their opinions to themselves."
Chris Hanson on line 1!

Please visualize this whenever you read my posts:
Yay!!!!!!
-R_R: eradicating stupidity, one post at a time
ringo_rama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2008, 10:00 AM   #58
The Duke
Day Tripper

Quote:

Ray Worley, owner of "Throwback Music" in Hatsfield, Maryland thinks the JoBros are superior to the Fab Four
"...the greatest band ever assembled, the Jonas Brothers. "
Yes, this sort of publicity-grabbing idiocy comes around about every year or so, remember Hannah Montanna? I think the key word above is "assembled". Yes, another contrived product. File next to Monkees and flush away when used. Which will be in about 8 months.
PS Throwback Music in Maryland? What is it? Who is this character, apart from being Very Keen on teenage Boy bands?

Last edited by The Duke : Aug 24, 2008 at 10:07 AM.
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2008, 08:19 PM   #59
beatlebangs1964

Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964

It's just a question of time before people will forget the Jonas Brothers and they end up a trivia statistic.

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/c...rtc/signatures

http://www.reddit.com/r/troubledteen...aten_at_green/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7g0oiJ52Gw
beatlebangs1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2008, 09:03 PM   #60
beatlelover45223

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyBeatle View Post
Ok, pardon this post but I'm going to play devil's advocate for a moment.

Mr Worley claims that the Jo Bros are more electrifying and connected better with their audience. Now I've not seen the Beatles or the Jo Bros live in concert but based off of historical fact and my personal experience I can say this.

The audio equipment used at a Jo Bros (or any other concert nowadays) is much better than the equipment used at..say..Shea Stadium. The band can be heard over the hysteria and more over with the ear monitors they can hear themselves which I would imagine makes the experience a bit better for the band thus enabling them to interact more with the audience.

It seems rather short sighted to compare the stage performance of any band from the sixties to one that plays today. It took the experience from bands like the Beatles to make bands like the Jonas Brothers have a glossy perfect stage show.

Well said HB!

~ Nancy ~
beatlelover45223 is offline   Reply With Quote