BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Beatles Forums > I Read The News Today

Old Jun 09, 2008, 08:21 AM   #21
IWantToTellYou
Sun King

Send a message via MSN to IWantToTellYou

More like the next "Hanson". Mmm...Bop. And then they disappear.
Old Jun 09, 2008, 09:18 AM   #22
raul
Paperback Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWantToTellYou View Post

But, I agree with Nick that we should stop making fun of Jonas Brothers. I couldn't help not to laugh, but it's the last time I'll let it be seen.

Legs
raul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2008, 04:38 AM   #23
lennonluvr9
Sun King

Send a message via MSN to lennonluvr9

Whatever. I cant really judge them because i've never paid attention to them. I suppose it's not their fault if they get compared to the Beatles. This kind of thing gets said all the time about new popular acts. We could probably make a list of "Next Beatles"

"Logic?? My God, the man's talking about logic. We're talking about universal Armageddon!" Dr. McCoy, Wrath of Khan
lennonluvr9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2008, 05:23 AM   #24
Lynner

My (almost 13 yr old) daughter and many of her friends love the Jonas Brothers. The teens needs someone their own age to like. My daughter likes the Beatles, too, but was quite shocked to learn yesterday that Paul turned 66. So cool that she likes pop music. The "next Beatles"? No, I doubt it, just more likely to cause a bit of a frenzy to the teems, same as the way the Beatles made teens scream in the 60's.
Lynner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2008, 06:02 AM   #25
beatlemania5grace
Day Tripper

I'll let them have their 15 minutes of fame.

Someone I know is insainly obsessed with them, possibly even on a level that we are with the Beatles. (GASP!)

I think they are loved by some preteens and teens, but when they get older, they just move on. I don't know any adults that like the JB.
But people spend their whole lives adoring the Beatles. I know of someone in every age group that loves the Beatles!

A gang of rogue, militant Beatles fans who will destroy anyone who insults or undermines the work of the group, or any of it's members.
When Sally offended the Beatles Mafia by saying that the Rolling Stones were better, she woke up with Henry The Horse's head on her pillow
-Urban Dictionary
beatlemania5grace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2008, 10:04 AM   #26
MaccaGirl2891
Sun King

Send a message via AIM to MaccaGirl2891 Send a message via MSN to MaccaGirl2891 Send a message via Yahoo to MaccaGirl2891 Send a message via Skype™ to MaccaGirl2891

No one will ever become more popular than the Beatles.
No way.
George Harrison - 2/25/1943--11/29/2001
Michael Joseph Jackson - 8/29/1958--6/25/2009
MaccaGirl2891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2008, 09:01 PM   #27
sgtgwen
Little Child

No such thing as the "new" Beatles. The Beatles were revolutionary, changed everything. There cannot be a new Beatles, when the old one still exists. The JoBros (as my younger cousins refer them as) wear "Beatlesque" outfits on stage, and sing songs that sound like a 3-year old wrote. Sure, they're popular, but then how come adults don't like them? The Beatles hit more then one generation. They're like N'Sync really, only one generation understood them, and they were gone.
Old Jun 23, 2008, 04:08 PM   #28
beatlebangs1964

Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964

Hanson for the new millenium.

Today's boy band, tomorrow's trivia statistic.

Well said, Sarge. There can never be any new Beatles!

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/c...rtc/signatures

http://www.reddit.com/r/troubledteen...aten_at_green/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7g0oiJ52Gw

Last edited by beatlebangs1964 : Jun 25, 2008 at 04:21 PM.
beatlebangs1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2008, 07:09 AM   #29
darkhorse23
Dr. Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtgwen View Post
No such thing as the "new" Beatles. The Beatles were revolutionary, changed everything. There cannot be a new Beatles, when the old one still exists. The JoBros (as my younger cousins refer them as) wear "Beatlesque" outfits on stage, and sing songs that sound like a 3-year old wrote. Sure, they're popular, but then how come adults don't like them? The Beatles hit more then one generation. They're like N'Sync really, only one generation understood them, and they were gone.
Couldn't have stated it better if I tried. All of these "next Beatles" are usually a creation by the entertainment industry, they always suck, and nobody ever hears of them after their 15 minutes of fame.

You say John, Paul, George & Ringo and it's amazing how many people know it's the Beatles.
www.americanpatrol.com[/color]
darkhorse23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2008, 12:41 PM   #30
Esmirelda
Sun King

Not a bit like Cagney.....
Old Jun 25, 2008, 05:59 AM   #31
HeyBeatle
Sun King

Send a message via AIM to HeyBeatle Send a message via MSN to HeyBeatle

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWantToTellYou View Post
Being the next Hanson wouldn't be to bad, they've made millions off their first few albums and now they use the money to fund their own label and they still sell out 5,000 seat venues. They're no Beatles but they're doing just fine for themselves doing what they want with their musical careers. Yes please!

If toast always lands butter side down and cats always land on their feet. Then what happens when you strap toast to a cat and drop it.
HeyBeatle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2008, 04:30 PM   #32
VersusBatman
Sun King

I've never heard any of their songs.

It looks like they just put a whole lotta movies in a blender and turned it on really fast. - Myster Science Theater 3000

"They're dead grotty!" - George Harrison

Comic Book Guy: But, Aquaman, you cannot marry a woman without gills. You're from two different worlds... Oh, I've wasted my life. - The Simpsons
VersusBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2008, 02:45 PM   #33
annapurna
Fool On The Hill

Jonas who?

The Beatles were unique in that they were amassed huge popularity while still being cutting edge musicians, similar to Elvis. That is not something you see much nowadays, especially since music is marketed to niche genres. There are bands that are innovative like Radiohead, but they will never receive the level of hysteria that the Beatles experienced.
annapurna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2008, 03:53 PM   #34
sgtgwen
Little Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by annapurna View Post
Jonas who?

The Beatles were unique in that they were amassed huge popularity while still being cutting edge musicians, similar to Elvis. That is not something you see much nowadays, especially since music is marketed to niche genres. There are bands that are innovative like Radiohead, but they will never receive the level of hysteria that the Beatles experienced.
It's true. Many of my friends insist that the Spicegirls will be remembered, but they won't be. Look at New Kids On The Block. They're back, again, but little kid's dont know or remember them. In 10 years time, no one will know who the Spicegirls are, they'll be "Oh who was that band who had a British accent, they were all girls? Spice something?"

The years of good music have left the building.
Old Jun 27, 2008, 01:07 AM   #35
TheBeatles193
Fool On The Hill

You know, sadly there is nothing we can do to stop the horrible lies these people are telling to boost the popularity of their groups. No one can ever replace the Beatles, therefore, there are no NEW Beatles. My 9 year old cousin hasn't heard a song by the Beatles in her life, and the only thing she listens to is the Jonas Brothers. Therefore, I assume responsibility for teaching her about the real best group ever. I am proud to say my 9 year old sister is now a Die-hard Beatles fan like me and has been Jonas Bros free for quite a while now. I hope to have the same results with my cousin. It is our job to teach the younger kids about the Beatles, so they may teach their kids, and grandkids and so on, and the spirit of the Beatles may live on FOREVER!!!
TheBeatles193 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 08, 2008, 07:43 AM   #36
kristalane
Fool On The Hill

Ya know, people were saying that about "Hannah Montana" too. But look at her now. She posed for a few revealing pictures, got called a skank, and now, she's done. Her fans have moved on to the Jonas Brothers, and the same thing is going to happen to them. They'll do something that the "G-Rated" Disney corporation will not approve of, and soon, they'll be over aswell. So, I'm really not scared of the Jonas Brothers becoming the next Beatles, because I just think of what I said happening. The only thing I'm not looking forward to is after the Jonas Brothers are done, what will Disney come up with next?

Last edited by kristalane : Jul 09, 2008 at 08:42 AM.
kristalane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 08, 2008, 08:50 AM   #37
beatlebangs1964

Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964

I always thought Hannah was a flash in the pan fad like Hanson.

Senator, the Jonas Brothers are NO Fab Four!

I never thought the Partridge Family was a real group and was sneeringly dismissive of them. I was SO surprised when I actually saw records by them in local shops! Even so, I dismissed them as an inane TV show and never once took them seriously or viewed them as a group.

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/c...rtc/signatures

http://www.reddit.com/r/troubledteen...aten_at_green/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7g0oiJ52Gw

Last edited by beatlebangs1964 : Jul 08, 2008 at 08:51 AM.
beatlebangs1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 08, 2008, 08:52 AM   #38
VersusBatman
Sun King

I don't think Miley's racey pictures hurt her career. She was here on the 4th and her show sold out.

It looks like they just put a whole lotta movies in a blender and turned it on really fast. - Myster Science Theater 3000

"They're dead grotty!" - George Harrison

Comic Book Guy: But, Aquaman, you cannot marry a woman without gills. You're from two different worlds... Oh, I've wasted my life. - The Simpsons
VersusBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 08, 2008, 01:20 PM   #39
digdad
Sun King

I've got to agree with you VB. Miley is no where near done, if only judging by how much my kids have been watching Hannah Montana on TV this summer vacation.

digdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 08, 2008, 02:42 PM   #40
rockitmarty
Fool On The Hill

ha...they've said that about every boy band that came out
rockitmarty is offline   Reply With Quote