BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Solo Forums > Red Rose Speedway

Old Apr 17, 2005, 05:46 PM   #1
harleyblues
Fool On The Hill

Exclamation ROLLING STONE MAGIZINE, PAUL MCCARTNEY & HARLEYBLUES~

Hello everyone Im Harleyblues and man do I have a cool story to tell this is posted on Paul McCartneys official website! I wanted to share it with other fans!! all smileys included!! I hope you enjoy the story.. (excuse the typo's lol)

~As per Rolling Stones request I couldnt post this until the issue came out,
Thanx to Bill Werde Editor at Rolling Stone..You Rock Man!!!

Note:4/12/05.

WELL KIDS I GUESS THIS IS IT!! the cats outta the bag~

My Dear friend Leanne. spilled the beans sorta speak,.. in Talk talk more talk that I am in Rolling Stone mag!~

OMG!! brb as I have lots to speak about!!!~ .. lmao!! Ok Im back, I didnt even know that the Issue & the article was out~ I got an email stating I think you are in Rolling Stone mag?~ Lmao I havent even read it ...or seen it yet!!!.......

I cannot post the article as I donot have it.. I suppose I can talk about it tho.. here is part of the article..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rolling Stone
4/12/05
by Bill Werde

"Rock & Roll Vacation" Dylan, U2 and McCartney offer fans deluxe travel packages........by Bill Werde

Last summer, Christina Giannoni, 40, had an experience that would thrill any Beatles fan. For about $1700 plus the cost of airfare, the California fan got VIP treatment at Paul McCartney's show in Gijon, Spain, including hotel accommodations, great seats and a pass to the sound check.

"I held up a sign, and Paul smiled and pointed," says Giannoni. "It was a surreal experience." The previous summer, Giannoni bought a similar package to Liverpool for McCartney's homecoming show; fans from as far away as Japan caught a rehearsal and visited the Cavern Club, where the Beatles got their start.

Fueled by baby-boomer rock fans with money to spend and a craving for creature comforts along with their riffs, rock tourism is on the rise.....

lmao I told them so much more than what was written but I understand ..
they forgot...to mention 3 weeks later I went back to France~

This is how it all happened I recieved an email stating an Editor from Rolling Stone magazine would LOVE to ineterview me..about my touring experiences with Paul, I thought it was a joke at first,.. I than contacted Rolling Stone, a few days later, Bill emailed me back. (than I knew it was for real) I felt priveleged & honored to be asked for an interview...

to be con...

So about a week plus ago,.. Mr Werde and I were playing phone tag..as he had a dead line to turn in the story.. I rang him about 6:15am here on the West coast ,. I was quite nervous when I phoned.. I had slept 4 hours,. & wasnt prepared

This is Christina here from California Bill, calling you ~( shesh I never get nervous talking too people) anyhow he thanked me for the last minute interview as he was sorry that he kept missing me.. So Bill asked my name. & details.. ( his voice was very nice warm & friendly) ..

So you went to See Paul McCartney last summer,.. 04?
I said yes.. he asked if I had seen him before, I said I saw Paul in 03 in Liverpool & Sheffield,.. Oh he says, was this a package trip or?

I said Yes, that it was a package tour thru Liverpool productions I believe I could be wrong? I think it was Liverpool productions.(oh my) Charles um?.. (I couldnt remeber his last name-I was so tired)

I said, we were suppose to be going to Scottland. .. but for some reason Paul wasnt doing a Scotland gig at all.. So Sheffield took its place..
we sat in the press box on the second deck,.. he asked if we got to go to sound check .. no I said..

he than asked what else had happned? We heard that Paul would be at LIPA Art School that day .so we went and hung out for 5 hours trying to catch Paul, I hung out with the press guys,...they wanted Paul to sign my revolver shirt when Paul came out of the school..

so finally we went to the back of the school and by this time the crowd had grown, heard that Paul was there.. so finally Paul decides to drive out in his Silver jag~ I was trying to get a picture,. when Paul almost ran over my foot!~ The Press guys were calling out to Heather, Heather Heather .. snapping pictures while I was on Pauls driver side..

humm.. he said,.. I swear True story all my stories are true!!!..

Later on that night we heard that PAUL & THE BAND were at the Cavern.. so we hung out there until 2-3am the owner came out "everyone go home Paul has left!~ but we didnt leave.. Geoff Baker came out later Brian . and a bunch of us spoke too Brian- as I did and told him that I was from California.. etc

So tell me, did you go to the Liverpool gig & tell me about that experience?

I told him that Liverpool was MAGIC,. there on Kings Dock on the Mersey River,.. you cannot believe that you are actually seeing PAUL MCCARTNEY at his own home.. (something to that effect) he asked if we got into sound check.. I said that were suppose to get into the soundcheck in Liverpool,... but for some reason we couldnt~

I have a bootleg of that show.....(I have lots of boots, from friends around the world.. )

Bill, I have a bootleg also of the LIVERPOOL gig..

People from Fan Asylum .. were at the soundcheck!!~ you could seen Paul doing sound check on the big screen..rockin it was great!! I was standing inline when London times came running up wanting a picture..

(just ask my matey Sarah F...)

!~ Yea!!

Rolling Stone cover made by Tori of Texas!

Last edited by bearkat77 : Apr 19, 2005 at 03:52 PM.
harleyblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2005, 05:48 PM   #2
harleyblues
Fool On The Hill

We were so excited when we got into the gig.. (I think I said,.)Me Sarah & Daisy~
carrying on and having a good time.. we could feel it , it was bad ass!!
very exciting.... I mean have you ever seen Paul McCartney 0 I asked?

Bill,. no I havent,.. but I am now! you can hear the smile in his voice..

oh Man you gotta see Paul theres nothing like it!~ gawd..

so that was it he said? did you see Paul on 04 Summer tour?
OH YES.. (man, I sound like John Hammel "Oh Yes" ) was

tell me about that,

Well we got there & the next day I was like I wanna find Paul (something to that effect)

so there I was hanging out at the stadium.. for hours a tour promoter came out gave me a bunch of posters & things.. that was exciting!! .. they were people from Holland there too.. later on Geoff Baker came out .. I talked to Geoff told him I came out from the States.. he couldnt believe all the way from the States he says..

he told me that Paul would be there later around 7pm..as I told Geoff I had waited there all day long~I know Geoff said...

I think this was the first time Bill Werde said "WOW" during the inetrview..

(Im starting to settle down now a bit-but still sleepy!!

a bit later the Spanish press came out and interviewed me & a few others.. they took our picture for the papers,..one journalist gave me a press kit~ that was cool..

later on that night we went to see Paul do a rehearsal. for about 20 mins..
and there is Heather "twirling around on the grass" and we heard Paul was doing HELTER SKELTER!!~ it was great .. we than got booted out ...20 minutes later..

Bill says~ WOW!

Were you able to see the sound check. .YES!!~ it was great,.. Brian & Rusty were jammin Led Zepplin tunes!! Oh man it was cool..

did Paul see you, did he say hello.... ? did he interact with the crowd?

Yes of course.. Paul was interacting with the crowd,.. it was great!! .. "Hello to my Special guests" he said & waved and we yelled back,.. he said hello to a couple that had just gotten married also.. it was fantastic,.. oh man!!!

Wow!! said Bill so where were you sitting at the concert?

Oh I wasnt, I was standing right in front of Paul..

Wooooooooow,. lol said Bill,..

Yes it was great I held up my sign & Paul pointed & smiled..My sign said

Hello Hello
Paul
its a Beautiful night
heart
Christina

USA
at one point somebody said "man Christina Paul sure is playing alot of attention to you" its funny,.. I know huh.. (man Im so Californian in my speak) .. a bit later

I saw Heather and was like sheepishly "HI Heather" Missy shook her head & smiled ,. I than pointed to my shirt .. I was wearing a Adopt a Minefield shirt.. Heather gave me a thumbs up...that was soo freaking cool I said..

Wow!! .. the band must really know who you are?

Well I wear this outfit.. maybe..

I dunno, I guess,..I saw Brian (Pauls giutarist) and said Hiya BRIANN and Brian was waving "HI Harley" smiling..
Bill,.. whoaaa...

I swear nothing beats Paul .. its magic.. !!!

Is it great becuz you are very close to one of your Idols, says Biil?

No, No... Its the Music, the Energy & the Raw emotion that you feel.. its bad ass man.. seeing Paul is a" surreal experience!" its crazy and you feel as if your the only one there.. .....(I got lost for words than)

after another song,. I look over too Heather,.. Heather, Heather could you sign my sign? she smiled and said yes,. Oh man I couldnt believe how nice Heather was~ everyone wanted to read the sign that Heather signed.

How Long have you been a Paul fan says Bill?

Well, all my life ever since I could remember !! I had a difficult upbringin,. and Paul & The Beatles helped me thru,.. they "were there" and as I got older my Love for them accelerated... ( man I said that? )

I hear that people cried at the shows, says Bill,..

Yes its true!! I must admit I was one.. when Paul began singin LONG & WINDING ROAD,. I swear I began to cry,.. I couldnt help it.... and they had a camera filming the crowd.. I hand my hands to my face.. I couldnt help it,.. than I said hell, forget it I dont care..

Paul was interacting with the crowd (fans) and all the signs and things...

so Paul interacts with the fans? yes!!

so you know when we heard Helter Skelter,, we all kinda gasped.. I mean Damn,.. Paul McCartney doing HELETER SKELTER?
later on Paul sang Band On The Run.. oh man.. and he pointed to me, and looking he was singing to me .. and I was "oh Pauls singing to me" and I sang back with Paul pointing to him..... as sang the last verse. .its like time had stopped..

oohhhh...

I actually have a Boot DVD of the show that a Friend gave me,.. people heard that I had that DVD.. and wanted it but,...I said NO! I dont want it ending up on E-bay or something... and people trying to sell it, its not right...

WOW!! you actually have the DVD, said Bill?

yes~

that must be your most prized possesion?

(laughin.) no,.. its one of many

I have lots of boots too said BIll..

Bill than asked me what I did & where I work.. how do you afford the Luxury of going to all these gigs?. lol..

I told him that I have lots of vacation time, I work my ass off & work over,. I also have an understanding manager,. evereyone knows how crazy Im about Paul.. and the Beatles..

So was that it .. for the summer 04 shows, said Bill?

No,. after I got back from Spain I . .I have some friends that live in New Jersey,..Mike & Mary~ they said "c'mon lets go to Paris".. I couldnt, but very last minute we decided to go,. I found this premium package deal out of England....I spent a ton! something like $280 Euro's just for this premium ticket..

Was this from Pauls webiste?...

No,. I like to search for news & sleuth, some of us post lots of News about Paul there,.. (on his website),..but this was something off the net..(gawd Im always at Pauls website, I believe I had said)..

So three weeks later I was off for Paris!!

wow says Bill again.. ( I think he was kinda amazed.. )

So tell me about Paris?.

Well when I got into Paris.. I thought I would search out Paul & The band..
late at night, I was towards the RITZ I saw John Hammel.. & said John?.. YES...Im Chritsina/Harleyblues .. oh yes ~ lol

Bill said Im not sure who John is?.. (I think he said that)

Oh,.. I said John works for Paul..

I said where is Paul? Pauls not here,. .well where is the band ?.. they are out & about carrying on.. I saw Paul 3 weeks ago in Spain.. I than showed John & email from Sam Leach that was for Paul & Geoff..

John wouldnt take the email note..

I asked him If he could say hello to Paul..for me or that I was here, John said NO,.. I was upset.. and almost cried.. he told me to enjoy the show and left.. (but the conversation was much longer than that)

the next day was the gig~ and my ticket finally came in from England.. by courier..

did you get into the sound check.. said Bill,.. NO

so I get to the gig and I hear people calling my name.. Harley!! & there were fans from Liverpool, & all from all around the world, and from Pauls website- everyone was having a goodtime.. I happened to get an 8th row ticket,. than Heather an her entourage came walking up .. I called out to Heather, & Heather waved to me frantically like waving to an old friend.. man cool HEATHER MCCARTNEY waving to me..

(dunno If I mentioned the french rocker chicks the email. & berthday card for Paul )

people were asking questions by then.. so the gig began .. and there was space between the seats & the stage, people began to run to the front of the stage!! Heather did & so did I.. I was standing right next to Heather * everyone was having a great time*..

Paul was sooo happy an interacting with everyone.. during one of the songs BRIAN RAY came to my side of the stage and said "Harley, Harley.. hiya Harley,, Hiya Brian I said.. amazed~

how cool is that? Brian commin over to say "HELLO" ..and here is 30,000 plus fans behind me..

The band reallys knows who you are!!,..,.said Bill, (you could hear the smile in his voice)..

(I laugh) at one point the french girls pull me too the front of the stage..

and there I am with my sign.. & Heather and her friends said "show the camera, show the camera & Im pointing to Heather autograph form just 3 weeks earlier.. and the begand to cheer as everyone else around us!! so I Held up the sign.. and I let out a yell!! & Pauls smillin.. pointing..

(Paul was soo happy everyone was!!) and they were filming it..it was so bad ass the energy, the crowd was wild!.. "it was like going to a Metallica concert!" Paris was fantastic..

wow you had some great experiences. ( I think I said oh man I have lots of stories..)..

I said~
IVE SEEN METTALLICA, THE STONES..TOM PETTY .. OTHERS, NOTHING NOTHING AT ALL BEATS ,PAUL MCCARTNEY, THERE IS NO ONE LIKE HIM~

He said I think that was all the questions for now,. & good luck in my future Paul touring,.. (I didnt want it to end )

I said "No thankyou" man ROLLING STONE magizine, wow!! and he was oh? . No I said, what an "honor and a privledge to be in ROLLING STONE magizine". .

Im glad I could make it happen for you .. said Bill- (a smile in his voice)

I said to Bill, well Im going to the Miami gig, IF I can get a ticket,. If I do Im goin,.. Im there!!

The interview was over..

I than spoke to Bill off the record..

So there you have it~ the best to my recollection.. the phone ineterview portion.. If anyone has question feel free to ask!!!!!

Wooohooo ROLLING STONE MAGIZINE
Old Apr 17, 2005, 05:49 PM   #3
harleyblues
Fool On The Hill

I had to post this in two parts I see.. the actual thread is at Paul McCartney's official site on the Broadcast section!!~

Last edited by harleyblues : Apr 17, 2005 at 05:50 PM.
Old Apr 17, 2005, 05:52 PM   #4
harleyblues
Fool On The Hill

Ok Im still excited!!! I will be back later!~ questions just ask!
Old Apr 17, 2005, 07:01 PM   #5
harleyblues
Fool On The Hill

doesnt anyone think this is cool?..
Old Apr 18, 2005, 02:02 AM   #6
sourmilkpinky
Sun King

Welcome to beatlelinks Harley! I think it is very cool.
sourmilkpinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2005, 02:13 AM   #7
DorothyFromOz
Nowhere Man

Send a message via AIM to DorothyFromOz

Thanks Harley.. it's great being a fan isn't it !?!
Dorothy from Oz
Join the Ringo Drumheads too:
http://com1.runboard.com/bthemoondogs
DorothyFromOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2005, 05:46 AM   #8
harleyblues
Fool On The Hill

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyblues
doesnt anyone think this is cool?..
OH Thanx woohooo Sour Milk Pinky!!!
Old Apr 18, 2005, 05:47 AM   #9
harleyblues
Fool On The Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourmilkpinky
Welcome to beatlelinks Harley! I think it is very cool.
ITS FANTASTIC DOROTHY FROM OZ!!!!
Old Apr 18, 2005, 08:03 PM   #10
beatlelover45223

Cool

how cool is that... you have seen Paul all over the world, how ever did you get connected with the people on the inside, persistence and good detective work???? I wish I could say that Paul had even looked my way at a concert, I was waaaayyyyy to far away, but I have enjoyed seeing Paul solo twice and with the Beatles in 66.... I admire your persistence...

~ Nancy ~
beatlelover45223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2005, 06:29 PM   #11
harleyblues
Fool On The Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatlelover45223
how cool is that... you have seen Paul all over the world, how ever did you get connected with the people on the inside, persistence and good detective work???? I wish I could say that Paul had even looked my way at a concert, I was waaaayyyyy to far away, but I have enjoyed seeing Paul solo twice and with the Beatles in 66.... I admire your persistence...

Heeeeellllllllllllllllllllooo Beatles LOVER~

isnt that fantastic!!! YES!! lots of work persistance & some money!!!~but I just save and didnt do anything else.. Oh mY!!!! Oh man!! & YOU got to see the Beatles .. that is wicked cool!!!
Old Apr 20, 2005, 09:02 PM   #12
beatlelover45223

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyblues
Heeeeellllllllllllllllllllooo Beatles LOVER~

isnt that fantastic!!! YES!! lots of work persistance & some money!!!~but I just save and didnt do anything else.. Oh mY!!!! Oh man!! & YOU got to see the Beatles .. that is wicked cool!!!
yes that I did see The Beatles, live, in person, young, new fresh, it was awesome to have had the experience, something that got to my core, it was life changing... personally I could not save for trips like yours, I chose a home, but I sure wish when I were a younger lass, I had pursued the dream of going over to England to track down the Beatles..

~ Nancy ~
Old Apr 21, 2005, 08:19 AM   #13
beatlebangs1964

Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964

This is cool and willl take a Magical Mystery Tour to the Speedway where even more Paul fans will see just how cool it is!

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/c...rtc/signatures

http://www.reddit.com/r/troubledteen...aten_at_green/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7g0oiJ52Gw
beatlebangs1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2005, 04:22 AM   #14
Lynner

Ah to have the time and money to see Paul so many times! Good for you. I'd like to continue going to see him, but raising my family comes first for me. Still, I managed to see him a number of times in the late 80'/early 90's so I'm not complaining.

Good luck to all of you who are trying to get tickets for the upcoming concerts!
Lynner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2005, 05:06 AM   #15
DizzymissLizzy909
Sun King

I've never got to see Paul once, and it looks like I won't be able to see him on this upcoming tour either, so I'm extremely jealous! Sounds like so much fun!
Old Apr 22, 2005, 08:29 AM   #16
LittleDarlin909
Paperback Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatlelover45223
I sure wish when I were a younger lass, I had pursued the dream of going over to England to track down the Beatles..
I'm sure you would've made a wonderful Scruff, Nance
Old Apr 22, 2005, 02:25 PM   #17
harleyblues
Fool On The Hill

~ Thanx for all your happy posting everyone .. NOPE I didnt get pre sale tickets my code didnt work!!
Old Apr 22, 2005, 03:49 PM   #18
One_Sweet_Dream
Taxman

Wow you're so lucky!
Old Apr 22, 2005, 05:27 PM   #19
beatlelover45223

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDarlin909
I'm sure you would've made a wonderful Scruff, Nance
awe thanks sweetie, that was so kind.... you too I am sure!

~ Nancy ~