BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Archives > A Day In The Life

Old May 26, 2003, 07:58 PM   #1
Jerry
Webmaster Of BeatleLinks

Send a message via AIM to Jerry
Default 174 - June 22

June 22

Peter Asher, of Peter & Gordon, is born in London.

Performance by The Quarry Men on the back of a coal lorry on Rosebery Street in Liverpool.

Performance at the Cavern, with The Cyclones.

Please Please Me LP number 1, 7th week (UK New Music Express).

Paul, George and Ringo leave from London to Abergavenny in the group's van.

London. Mid-evening. Westland Heliport. John boards a chartered chopper and flies to Abergavenny.

Couple of hours later. Performance at the Town Hall, Abergavenny.

BBC Television Theatre, London. John tapes an appearance as jury on BBC-TV's "Juke Box Jury".

Studio 1 (control room only). 10:00-11:30am. Mono mixing: "Any Time At All" (remix 2, for the UK, from take 11); "Any Time At All" (remix 3, from the US, from take 11); "When I Get Home" (remix 2, for the UK, from take 11); "When I Get Home" (remix 3, for the US, from take 11); "I'll Be Back" (remix 2, for the UK, from take 16); "I'll Be Back" (remix 3, for the US, from take 16); "And I Love Her" (remix 2, from take 21).

Studio 1 (control room only). 11:30am-1:00pm. Stereo mixing: "And I Love Her" (from take 21); "When I Get Home" (from take 11); "Any Time At All" (from take 11); "I'll Be Back" (from take 16); "If I Fell" (from take 15); "A Hard Day's Night" (from take 9); "I Should Have Known Better" (from take 22); "I'm Happy Just To Dance With You" (from take 4); "I Call Your Name" (remixes 1, 2, from takes 5, 7). Editing: "I Call Your Name" (from stereo remixes 1, 2).

Studio 1 (control room only). 2:30-5:30pm. Stereo mixing: "Can't Buy Me Love" (from take 4); "You Can't Do That" (from take 9); "Tell Me Why" (from take 8); "Things We Said Today" (from take 3); "Matchbox" (from take 5); "Slow Down" (from take 6); "Long Tall Sally" (from take 1); "I'll Cry Instead" (Section A) (from take 6); "I'll Cry Instead" (Section B) (from take 8). Editing: "I'll Cry Instead" (of stereo remixes from takes 6, 8).

Studio 2 (control room only). 5:45-9:00pm. Tape copying: "Slow Down" (copy of June 4th mono remix); "Matchbox" (copy of June 4th mono remix); "Things We Said Today" (copy of June 22nd stereo remix). Producer: George Martin; Engineer: Norman Smith; 2nd Engineer: Geoff Emerick.

End of A Hard Day's Night sessions.

Concert in Wellington, New Zealand.

Concert at the Palais d'Hiver, Lyon, France.

Rubber Soul, 29th and last week in the Top 10 (UK Record Retailer).

"Paperback Writer" number 1 (UK Record Retailer).

Private launch party for the club Sibylla's, London, with attendance of the Beatles.

Studio 3 (control room only). 7:00pm-1:30am. Mono mixing: "Eleanor Rigby" (remixes 4, 5, from take 15); "She Said She Said" (remix 4, from take 4); "Good Day Sunshine" (remix 7, from take 1). Stereo mixing: "Eleanor Rigby" (remix 1, from take 15); "She Said She Said" (remix 1, from take 4); "Good Day Sunshine" (remix 1, from take 1); "Yellow Submarine" (remixes 1, 2, from take 5); "Tomorrow Never Knows" (remixes 1-6, from take 3); "Got To Get You Into My Life" (remix 1, from take 9). Producer: George Martin; Engineer: Geoff Emerick; 2nd Engineer: Jerry Boys.

End of Revolver sessions.

John interview for BBC-TV. Among other subjects, he explains the different stages he lived when writing his two books.

Apple purchases the freehold of 3 Savile Row for 500,000, from band-leader Jack Hylton.\

Let It Be number 1, 2nd week (Australia Kent Music Report).

UK album release: Living In The Material World (Apple PAS 10006).

"Band On The Run" number 6 (US Billboard).
"Band On The Run" number 6 (Dutch Tipparade).

"Oh My My" number 24 (Dutch Top 40).

Paul's concert at the Los Angeles Forum, Inglewood, California ("Wings Over America Tour").

Inspired by his latest writing, John tapes demos of "I Don't Want To Face It"; "Watching The Wheels"; "I'm Stepping Out"; "Dear Yoko"; "Strange Days Indeed"; "Beautiful Boy"; "Borrowed Time"; "Woman" and "Welcome To The Bermudas".

The Beatles' Ballads number 1, 6th week (Australia Kent Music Report).

In New York, under heavy security, John's assassin pleads guilty to second degree murder.

The "Art Of The Beatles" Exhibition, portraying 30 years of the group in the form of cartoons, paintings, photographs, album covers, lithographs and sculptures, continues.

In the US, guitarist Jesse Ed Davis, who worked on recordings of John, George and Ringo, dies from an apparent drug overdose. He was 43.

In the UK, BBC1 airs the program "Wogan", with the recorded interview with George and Olivia (taped June 20, 1990).

Ringo and his All-Starr Band perform at the Great Woods Amphitheather, Mansfield, Massachusetts ("North American Tour").

Paul, George, Ringo and Jeff Lynne meet at Paul's Mill Studios to do further work on John's demo "Now And Then". Not going well, the session is aborted.

Ringo and his All-Starr Band perform at Nagoya Century Hall, Nagoya. (Japan tour).

Yoko, with Sean's band IMA, perform at Club Quattro, Tokyo (Japan tour).

In the US, a memorial service for Linda McCartney is held at the Riverside Church in New York.

In Liverpool, a press conference is held at the Matthew Street Gallery, to mark the opening of a permanent exhibition of John's art.

Paul's art exhibition at the Kunstforum Lyz in Hamburg with 75 of his 500 private paintings.

An exhibition by Cynthia Lennon and Phyllis McKenzie at the KDK Gallery in London continues.

An exhibition of Dezo Hoffman's Beatles' photographs runs at the Park West Gallery in Southfield, Michigan.

The photo exhibition entitled "Linda McCartney's Sixties" continues at the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame in Cleveland, Ohio.

Ringo and his All Starr Band perform at the Mountain Winery in Saratoga, California.

"The Beatles! Backstage and Behind-the-Scenes Photo Exhibit" at The Crooked Tree Arts Center in Petoskey, Michigan.

Ringo and his All-Starr Band perform at the Jones Beach Ampitheater, Wantagh, NY.

Paul performs in concert at National Stadium, Warsaw, Poland (Out There World Tour).

The exhibit Linda McCartney retrospective is displayed at the Kunst Haus Wien in Vienna, Austria. The new exhibition is the first comprehensive retrospective of Linda McCartney’s work featuring 190 of her iconic photographs.

Yoko's Half-A-Wind Show - A Retrospective is displayed at the Louisiana Museum of Modern Art, located north of Copenhagen, Denmark. It shows a major retrospective of well over a hundred works. The exhibition offers a rare opportunity to orient ourselves broadly in Yoko’s multifaceted artistic universe, pinpointing central themes of her career and demonstrating the diversity of media and disciplines with which she works.

Ringo and his All-Starr Band perform at the Durham Performing Arts Center, Durham, NC (US 2014 Tour).

Last edited by bearkat77 : Jun 22, 2014 at 06:21 PM.