BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Beatles Forums > Abbey Road

Old Apr 05, 2003, 12:45 PM   #1
Hard days night again
Fool On The Hill

Default Paul should perform free for his fans?

I am a great fan of Paul's but i was shocked at the price of the concert tickets in Birmingham at 80. When i first heard that Paul was touring i thought, great, a chance to see Paul in my home town. However, when i saw the price, i knew that i couldn't afford to go,as a single mum with 2 kids.As much as i love him, Paul is a muli millionaire, and i am sure that he could perform in concert, and not expect fans to pay such a high price for a ticket.He could perform, and fans could give money to a charity, but not at 80 ago!!!!!!!!!!
Also,because of his new cd, he wants the credit for his songs, but at the end of the day, we all know who's song it was, as in the later stuff, if John sang lead, or Paul did, it was their song.
The Beatles should always be Lennon and Mccartney.
Hard days night again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 05, 2003, 12:55 PM   #2
Rocky Rabbit
Nowhere Man

Default Re: Paul should perform free for his fans?

There was cheaper tickets for the shows at 45 but I do agree with you that in general they are very expensive.You could say that it costs a lot to put on these shows and once everythings been paid for a lot less money is left.But make no doubt about it ,Paul will still be very well paid and he's not short of a bob or two!.
Rocky Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 05, 2003, 01:21 PM   #3
Claudia78
Apple Scruff

Actually he does [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
He plays a free gig in Rome for 500000 people, but it's his first free show in 40 years....so it will probably be a unique show.
So if you can fly to Rome!

Claudia
Claudia78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 05, 2003, 01:28 PM   #4
Rocky Rabbit
Nowhere Man

[quote]Originally Posted By Claudia78:

So if you can fly to Rome!

It would be cheaper just to buy the tickets!!
Rocky Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 05, 2003, 10:58 PM   #5
Hard days night again
Fool On The Hill

Thankyou for your responce. I am sure that Paul will put on a fantastic show, and i am sure he does a lot for charity. It is just a shame that many of us will not see him perform live.My friend and i were thinking of getting tickets for about 45, but when i went on line the price was 80, so we said no way!!!!!!!!!!!!
for those seeing Paul, enjoy, i dont want to sound like a killjoy. I have been a fan of Pauls for over 30years, and will continue to love his music.Keep on rocking, love Joella.
Old Apr 06, 2003, 01:50 PM   #6
shonatinik
Rocky Raccoon

Although i think the price of concert tickets is getting out of hand at the moment (nod to the rolling stones too) i think we need to remember the size of the crew needed for these things now. They have hundreds of people working crazy hours to set up the stage, sound and lights now too. I miss the days when gigs could be held in theatres and stuff, the sound and atmosphere must have been great...
shonatinik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 06, 2003, 02:24 PM   #7
HMVNipper
Sun King

Send a message via AIM to HMVNipper

You guys in Europe are getting off EASY -- US ticket prices were higher! I had CHEAP seats to his concert in New Jersey and they were $99($85 plus "service charges" from Ticketmaster).

I think the price of concert tickets is outrageous, frankly -- if people refused to pay these inflated prices, maybe they'd come down a bit...but of course, there are always gonna be people with more money than sense who are going to pay whatever is asked...

Sigh...
HMVNipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 07, 2003, 04:08 AM   #8
Rellevart

Send a message via MSN to Rellevart

Quote:
Originally Posted By HMVNipper:
there are always gonna be people with more money than sense who are going to pay whatever is asked...
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">That's for sure. Although I agree that ticket prices (and not just for Paul, for LOTS of acts) are getting completely out of hand, I'm not going to deprive myself or feel guilty if I decide to occasionally pay the high prices to see somebody I really want to see. My taking some kind of moral high ground and not buying a ticket isn't going to make any difference to anybody and I'll just be screwing myself out of a pleasureable experience!

I do worry that concertgoing is becoming a thing that only the well-off can do these days though....
Rellevart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 07, 2003, 08:13 AM   #9
beatlelover45223

Well not for free, Paul's tickets, but I too thought they were a bit high, some of the tickets for high end seats in the US were over 100.00, like I heard 150.00-200.00 US, that let me know I wasn't going to see Paul this time around, it saddened me too, this may be his last tour, but house repairs, family and bills to be paid come first to me, there is a big country act touring in the US now, lots of big names, I think I heard 10 + acts and their tickets were 25.00 US, now that's a good deal, I realize there is a huge expense to putting on a show like Paul does, but leave out the opening circus act, that would trim a few dollars, I too worry that prices for concerts will go thru the roof and none of the everyday people will be able to afford to go to a good concert anymore, just have to buy their CD's and imagine what they look like in concert..
beatlelover45223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 07, 2003, 08:16 AM   #10
Rellevart

Send a message via MSN to Rellevart

Quote:
Originally Posted By beatlelover45223:
some of the tickets for high end seats in the US were over 100.00, like I heard 150.00-200.00 US
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">The highest price seats for most of the US concerts were $250.

Oh, and as far as him playing for free, no, I don't really think he should do that. Think of it this way, it's his JOB to entertain. Would you do your job for free just because "Well, you don't NEED your paycheck today."? I know I wouldn't. Yeah, he's lucky that he has a more fun and more lucrative job than most of us do, but it's still his job and he shouldn't be expected to do it for free. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

[size="1"][ Apr 07, 2003, 09:19 AM: Message Edited By: Rellevart ][/size]
Rellevart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 07, 2003, 10:26 AM   #11
Hard days night again
Fool On The Hill

Thankyou all for your comments. Like i have said, anyone going to see paul will enjoy themselves.I know that this is his profession, and should be paid, but hey,he is a muli millionaire, and i am sure if he helped fund the concert, his fans would be able to pay less. As much as i am a fan of paul's,i can not justifie paying 80 for one concert.But if you are happy to pay that, then good on you,if you feel that you are getting value for money.Although i hear that paul has a cold and has to cancel his latest gig, as he has lost his voice. Get well soon Paul, love Joella.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 12:09 PM   #12
Bongo
Nowhere Man

Exclamation

I saw Macca for free in Quebec City, Canada, as it was Quebec's 400th Birthday. Apparently about 1/4 million people showed up for this Free outdoor Concert.

Great time, and the price was right!

Last edited by Bongo : Aug 16, 2014 at 12:09 PM.
Bongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2014, 12:51 PM   #13
Colonel Angus
Dr. Robert

Paul did do the Marquee show from the Ed Sullivan Theater.
Colonel Angus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2014, 01:30 PM   #14
peanut333
Wild Honey Pie

Can you imagine the crowd control issues if either surviving Beatle performed for free, although that would be nice. It would be a nightmare.
peanut333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2014, 06:34 AM   #15
Colonel Angus
Dr. Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut333 View Post
Can you imagine the crowd control issues if either surviving Beatle performed for free, although that would be nice. It would be a nightmare.
Paul did that Amoeba show without incident.
Colonel Angus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 07, 2014, 05:02 PM   #16
peace&love
Fool On The Hill

I personally feel that Paul is like most of us-a capitalist.
He has a large family and I am sure he wants to leave them their heritage.
peace&love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 08, 2014, 07:52 AM   #17
Bongo
Nowhere Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut333 View Post
Paul did that Quebec City show without incident.