BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Solo Forums > Crackerbox Palace

Old Jan 25, 2003, 05:13 AM   #1
FPSHOT
Sun King

Default Philip Norman about George

I have a piece of a West 97 tv program about George during the Cloud Nine release. I am trying to get it downloaded at WinMX but it is very rare the owners are online.

Philip (a well known Beatles Book writer) says

"when he was a small boy he told his mother not to talk about him to the other mothers, he didn't want the others, he didn't want nozy mothers knowing about him. So for someone private to become one of the Beatles was a very heavy psycological disaster.

The Beatles is not a normal story, it's a supernatural story, and the pressure was supernatural. And it required supernatural luck to recover from it. And George has recovered from it.

He's thé one we're going to have to ask about the Beatles, there's no one else to ask now, because Paul won't tell you and Ringo doesn't know. Paul re-writes history, all the time. Ringo - well he just doesn't know, he drank the drink, he smoked the joints, he had the girls and he drummed the drums, that was Ringo. And John isn't here.

Some statement huh.
FPSHOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2003, 05:20 AM   #2
Siobhan
Old Brown Shoe

Default Re: Philip Norman about George

I think his comments about Pual and Ringo are a bit mean. Especially Ringo.He never seems to get any credit for being a Beatle, as though he was only there for the ride.

As for what he said about George, I think there is an element of truth in that. George was an incredibly private person (and why not?) and from what I have read did have a hard time getting over the whole Beatles thing in the 70's. But he got there eventually, much to his credit!
Siobhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2003, 10:28 AM   #3
Savoy Truffle
Paperback Writer

Default Re: Philip Norman about George

This man AMAZES me!

He definitely needs a sense of humor, and some real human compassion and in George's words " a damn good whacking"!

But at least he did finally say something somewhat nice about George. That's probably the best this guy can do.

One last note. At least he tries to present an accurate view. I just don't think he needs to be so blunt and nasty about it all. And I think that George had the most accurate memory of the Fabs and was the most honest about things.

[size="1"][ Jan 26, 2003, 01:07 PM: Message Edited By: Savoy Truffle ][/size]
Savoy Truffle is offline   Reply With Quote