BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Other Forums > Here, There & Everywhere

Old Aug 09, 2011, 05:12 AM   #101
Rellevart

Send a message via MSN to Rellevart

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPSHOT View Post
There is a lot going on in England right now but no doubt no one is interested in that as well out here or even do not even know about it or care.
I imagine plenty of us know about and care very much about what's going on in England. I know I do, I'm horrified by it. London is one of my favorite places in the universe. But that has nothing to do with this topic and insinuating that everybody here doesn't care or is ignorant is not helpful or useful. If you want to start a topic about what's going on in England, please do so, but please do not insult the membership by telling them they don't care and don't know anything about it in a topic about something else entirely. Thank you.

And that's the last thing I'm going to say about all this. If there are any more, I mean even ONE more, posts in this topic that aren't about the topic itself, I'm going to close it. Your choice. End of story. Thank you.
Old Aug 09, 2011, 05:30 AM   #102
FPSHOT
Sun King

I'm glad the financial markets are reacting well for now.

England? it's more than just London, it's even happening in our Liverpool but nah I am not gonna spend time on it.

Last edited by FPSHOT : Aug 09, 2011 at 05:34 AM.
FPSHOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 09, 2011, 06:35 AM   #103
Georgie Girl
Sun King

Quote:
Well in that case I would check your security because "Because" is addressed to your e-mail address known to various people
*removed off-topic post*

The west is
the best.

Last edited by Georgie Girl : Aug 09, 2011 at 06:36 AM.
Georgie Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 09, 2011, 06:41 AM   #104
Georgie Girl
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellevart View Post
So, to lead by example...man, the stock market really tanked yesterday. :( I guess I should plan to work until I'm 90. :(
Yeah, I'm going to go into Storenet when I get to work tonight and see how our stock is doing. In 2008, we bottomed out at around $21/share. But we rebounded so well we were almost at the splitting price of around $50/share. I just hope our company directors don't freak out and cut everyone's hours--that would be stupid.

The west is
the best.
Old Aug 09, 2011, 06:46 AM   #105
FPSHOT
Sun King

Good to see some on topic is going on finally.

I hope your company's things will go well.

Old Aug 09, 2011, 06:49 AM   #106
Georgie Girl
Sun King

Quote:
Good to see some on topic is going on finally.

I hope your company's things will go well.
Thanks, me too!

One of our elderly regular customers made the remark a while back that HE would invest with us because people will always need drug stores. I hope a lot of people feel that way.

The west is
the best.
Old Aug 09, 2011, 06:49 AM   #107
Rellevart

Send a message via MSN to Rellevart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgie Girl View Post
Yeah, I'm going to go into Storenet when I get to work tonight and see how our stock is doing. In 2008, we bottomed out at around $21/share. But we rebounded so well we were almost at the splitting price of around $50/share. I just hope our company directors don't freak out and cut everyone's hours--that would be stupid.
No kidding. I don't have any significant stock in my own company, but I do have a 401(k) that had just about rebounded from 2008 a couple months ago. I lost quite a bit last month though and I'm sure this month will be worse. I'm more concerned as to how all this will affect the employment situation, as one of my good friends and my boyfriend are currently job hunting.
Old Aug 09, 2011, 12:24 PM   #108
VersusBatman
Sun King

I read a depressing article about families struggling to feed their kids. I've been storing food for times like these.

It looks like they just put a whole lotta movies in a blender and turned it on really fast. - Myster Science Theater 3000

"They're dead grotty!" - George Harrison

Comic Book Guy: But, Aquaman, you cannot marry a woman without gills. You're from two different worlds... Oh, I've wasted my life. - The Simpsons
VersusBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 09, 2011, 02:04 PM   #109
Legs
Sun King

I question the downgrading to AA+ status at this time,causing this panic effect. Sure the agreement finally reached between the democrats and republicans isn't enough to solve the economic problems, but one could have waited till the more worked out agreement later this year.

To many time was lost with political games and thinking about party interest instead of coming to a better agreement sooner.

Last edited by Legs : Aug 09, 2011 at 02:06 PM.
Legs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 09, 2011, 02:23 PM   #110
FPSHOT
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legs View Post
I question the downgrading to AA+ status at this time,causing this panic effect. Sure the agreement finally reached between the democrats and republicans isn't enough to solve the economic problems, but one could have waited till the more worked out agreement later this year.

To many time was lost with political games and thinking about party interest instead of coming to a better agreement sooner.
Agree totally

Old Aug 09, 2011, 10:00 PM   #111
beatlelover45223

All I have to say is that the government on a whole, knew this debt problem had to be resolved months ago, the news media has been talking about it since January, they/politicians had plenty of time to balance their books, they chose to wait till the last minute, what good would extending negotions till the end of the year have accomplished, pretty much the games that were played since June of this year, by all....

~ Nancy ~

Last edited by beatlelover45223 : Aug 10, 2011 at 09:35 PM. Reason: left out words
beatlelover45223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2011, 09:43 PM   #112
darkhorse23
Dr. Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maia 66 View Post
Back on topic of the debt issue... most of us on the left believe that the failed policies of right wingers (and Obama's befuddling caving in to them) are responsible for the mess we're in.
But I think the majority of us think that is the failed policies of both parties (especially the last decade or so) for the spend, spend, spend mentality. Could you specify which failed policies of which right wingers? Please don't list Bush or Gingrich as right wingers, we don't want to be associated with them.

I challenge anybody here to run their household finances this way. You would be out on the street and homeless before you knew what hit you.
www.americanpatrol.com[/color]
darkhorse23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2011, 09:44 PM   #113
darkhorse23
Dr. Robert

Why does anybody care what ratings the S&P gives? These are the same morons that have been wrong time and time again over the last several years on all of the financial institutions.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 12:17 PM   #114
FPSHOT
Sun King

Because in the financial world an S&P rating means a lot

Old Aug 12, 2011, 03:33 PM   #115
Maia 66
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse23 View Post
Could you specify which failed policies of which right wingers? Please don't list Bush or Gingrich as right wingers, we don't want to be associated with them.
No fair disowning Bush and Gingrich... you right wingers voted for them and supported them when they were in office. I'm sure 95% of all tea partiers voted for Bush twice.

The failed policies I'm talking about are the increased spending WITH NO INCREASES IN REVENUES... and yes, Bush, Gingrich, Boehner, Reid... all Republican leaders in the last 10 years are responsible. People on the right go on about spending as if it is some evil... spending is what stimulates an economy. ARRA actually had a positive effect on the economy... the problem is that it didn't go far enough. And now, with the cuts in spending as well as the continued tax cuts for people who are NOT creating any jobs for Americans, things are looking bleak and they'll stay that way until we get some leadership in Washington with some brains AND some balls. (Obama's got the former, but not the latter... Bush was the other way around.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse23 View Post
I challenge anybody here to run their household finances this way. You would be out on the street and homeless before you knew what hit you.
I hear people say that a lot, but it's not really an appropriate analogy... a government is not the same as a household. What does a household produce? What responsibilities does a household have outside of its front door? How do the actions inside one household affect the rest of the world? And if we DID run our government the way so many people claim to run their households, then we would have welcome mats on our borders and we would invite visitors in for coffee...

All I want is the truth
Just give me some truth...

Maia 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2011, 06:56 PM   #116
CaliLilly
Nowhere Man

Thumbs down

Quote:
Well since I am a moderator as well
Not so much a moderator as you are an instigator. Bravo on putting up such a mean-spirited, anti-America thread on an American board. I must say, you've got balls of steel, man. And that's all I gotta say to you, ya bully!

I know how sweet life can be So I'll keep myself free Of wah-wah wah-wah wah-wah
CaliLilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2011, 06:59 PM   #117
CaliLilly
Nowhere Man

Quote:
Terrorism - sourse USA
WTF?!!? Yeah, 9/11...we were just asking for it!

I know how sweet life can be So I'll keep myself free Of wah-wah wah-wah wah-wah
CaliLilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2011, 08:05 PM   #118
darkhorse23
Dr. Robert

Quote:
No fair disowning Bush and Gingrich... you right wingers voted for them and supported them when they were in office. I'm sure 95% of all tea partiers voted for Bush twice.
I never voted for Bush, nor do I consider him a right-winger. Unfortunately, since I oppose the Democrats so much people think I'm a Republican. This next election will probably be another year I do not vote for the Democrat or Republican presidential candidate. Last time I did that was Bill Clinton 1996, the good old days. Lots of peace, and lots of prosperity. And a few snickers for entertainment.

Bush... a right-winger???
1) Supported amnesty for illegal aliens
2) Ever hear of No Child Left Behind??
3) He spent more money than any other president until Obama even passed him.
4) Never vetoed a bill until his last year in office.
5) Grew the Federal government exponentially.
6) Etc.

Quote:
The failed policies I'm talking about are the increased spending WITH NO INCREASES IN REVENUES... and yes, Bush, Gingrich, Boehner, Reid... all Republican leaders in the last 10 years are responsible. People on the right go on about spending as if it is some evil... spending is what stimulates an economy. ARRA actually had a positive effect on the economy... the problem is that it didn't go far enough. And now, with the cuts in spending as well as the continued tax cuts for people who are NOT creating any jobs for Americans, things are looking bleak and they'll stay that way until we get some leadership in Washington with some brains AND some balls. (Obama's got the former, but not the latter... Bush was the other way around.)
I'm glad you at least threw Reid in there, but last time I checked he was not a Republican. And the Dems had full control for two years before even the public who elected them couldn't wait to get rid of so many of them in 2010. More to follow. Unfortunately, the system is set up so the only alternative is Republicans or worse, people who call themselves Republicans.

And we do agree that spending does stimulate the economy, but I would rather spend my money than have the government spend it for me. If you think the stimulus package didn't go far enough,and we didn't spend enough we will have to agree to disagree because our opinions are so far apart I think the term is "irreconcilable differences" would be appropriate.

Originally Posted by darkhorse23
"I challenge anybody here to run their household finances this way. You would be out on the street and homeless before you knew what hit you."

Quote:
I hear people say that a lot, but it's not really an appropriate analogy... a government is not the same as a household. What does a household produce? What responsibilities does a household have outside of its front door? How do the actions inside one household affect the rest of the world? And if we DID run our government the way so many people claim to run their households, then we would have welcome mats on our borders and we would invite visitors in for coffee...
It is an appropriate analogy. A home produces a family. It has responsibilities to its members and its neighbors. A homeowner's actions could definitely have an effect on its neighborhood. It must be painted, landscaped and maintained. It cannot be a hazard. And to meet these challenges, it must operate within a budget. And we would not invite everyone in, but only those who we choose to invite. We could not serve them coffee if we didn't have the money to buy it. If someone sneaked into our house or illegally entered, we would not allow them to stay as well as take care of them and their needs.

It's too bad we will probably never meet. I think we would have one lively debate.

Last edited by darkhorse23 : Aug 12, 2011 at 08:06 PM.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 08:07 PM   #119
darkhorse23
Dr. Robert

Quote:
Because in the financial world an S&P rating means a lot
This was my exact quote:
Why does anybody care what ratings the S&P gives? These are the same morons that have been wrong time and time again over the last several years on all of the financial institutions.

Based on their record I just quoted, I fail to see why this is so.

Last edited by darkhorse23 : Aug 12, 2011 at 08:08 PM.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 08:48 PM   #120
beatlelover45223

Red face

Quote:
Is?

Look at the past 20 years

Financial troubles - sourse USA

Wars - sourse USA

Terrorism - sourse USA

Natural disasters like the oil ones - source USA

So it's all fine to call yourself the leaders, but most tragedies from the past 20 years originate from the USA in some way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellevart View Post
THAT'S not overly simplistic or anything. *rolls eyes*
Quote:
The usual denial LOL.. oh well.,. the world knows better.. unfortunately
No FP, not the world, you claim to know better!

~ Nancy ~
beatlelover45223 is offline   Reply With Quote