BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products



Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Other Forums > Here, There & Everywhere


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jul 21, 2006, 06:42 PM   #1
AndersonCouncill
Taxman
 
AndersonCouncill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 20, 2005
Location: my house
Posts: 1,890
Default Family problems

Vent your family issues here.

My oldest brother violated his parole. He is in prison for 16 months.

My other older brother is in jail on a concealed weapons charge (if you consider a plastic bee bee gun a weapon).

My sister is going through a bad break up and I think it's really hurting her son.

I just have a lot of issues right now that I need to vent out. If you have a family problem here, feel free to post it. It can be cleansing. Whether you want help or just to get it out there go ahead, we all have problems.
__________________
Everywhere there's lots of piggies living piggy lives.
AndersonCouncill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2006, 06:53 PM   #2
sourmilkpinky
Sun King
 
sourmilkpinky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 30, 2003
Location: colorado
Posts: 23,460

Default

Sorry to hear of the sibling troubles. Sometimes it is hard to sit back and just be supportive.

My brother is holding a grudge that the rest of us dont understand, and I am afraid he is going to regret missing saying goodbye to his dad.
sourmilkpinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2006, 06:57 PM   #3
AndersonCouncill
Taxman
 
AndersonCouncill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 20, 2005
Location: my house
Posts: 1,890
Default

Emotions can be strong. In the heat of emotion and assuring that you are right, we as humans are known for doing things we regret. If it goes that far I can almost guarantee your brother will regret walking away from his family because, in the end, what else do you have?
__________________
Everywhere there's lots of piggies living piggy lives.
AndersonCouncill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2006, 01:37 AM   #4
sadie
Sun King
 
sadie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 03, 2006
Location: Old Blighty
Posts: 5,818
Default

We have no family problems thankfully except for an alcoholic religious freak of a cousin.
__________________
Suburbia - where they cut down trees and name streets after them
sadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2006, 05:40 AM   #5
SandySunshine
Taxman
 
SandySunshine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 03, 2005
Location: Bournemouth, England
Posts: 1,966
Default

The only family problems here are when my little girl's daddy doesn't turn up when he should!!!
That's only a problem for me though.....I don't always tell her when he's coming, that way she doesn't get upset when he doesn't turn up.

Oh yeah, and my mother still keeps asking me if I'm absolutely sure I'm not a lesbian!!!!!
__________________
So little time, so much to know!

I do believe the Captain's trodden on my parrot!!!!!
SandySunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2006, 06:10 AM   #6
AndersonCouncill
Taxman
 
AndersonCouncill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 20, 2005
Location: my house
Posts: 1,890
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandySunshine
The only family problems here are when my little girl's daddy doesn't turn up when he should!!!
That's only a problem for me though.....I don't always tell her when he's coming, that way she doesn't get upset when he doesn't turn up.

Oh yeah, and my mother still keeps asking me if I'm absolutely sure I'm not a lesbian!!!!!
My sister has a similiar problem (child-wise, that is). They hardly go to see her ex, and when he says he wants to see my nephew they will get there and he will have changed his mind (is that not hte meanest thing you've ever heard to do to a 3 year old?), saying he is "too tired" or has a headachke or whatever like that, I was so enraged I didn't really listen to specifics. And the other day my nephew ran to the doorway, got his sneakers, put them on, and said "Go see daddy"? and it made my sister cry.
__________________
Everywhere there's lots of piggies living piggy lives.
AndersonCouncill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2006, 06:27 AM   #7
SandySunshine
Taxman
 
SandySunshine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 03, 2005
Location: Bournemouth, England
Posts: 1,966
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndersonCouncill
My sister has a similiar problem (child-wise, that is). They hardly go to see her ex, and when he says he wants to see my nephew they will get there and he will have changed his mind (is that not hte meanest thing you've ever heard to do to a 3 year old?), saying he is "too tired" or has a headachke or whatever like that, I was so enraged I didn't really listen to specifics. And the other day my nephew ran to the doorway, got his sneakers, put them on, and said "Go see daddy"? and it made my sister cry.
Yep, the "I'm too tired, I've been to work all day" excuse is a common one here!!!
Becky asks me every day if he's coming to see her. I always say, "maybe". I never give a definite answer.
Although what's funny is this, sometimes there'll be a couple of weeks when he's really unreliable and keeps letting me down.....but then he'll suddenly get really good and come every day, take her out etc!!!!! That's the worst thing really, 'cos it makes it even harder when he's been that good and then disappears for 5 days!!!!!
He's a heavy drinker too, and has turned up drunk a couple of times and I've had to turn him away at the door. That's the main reason why I left him. Becky doesn't like him when he's drunk and won't go near him. I must stress this point.....he's NOT a violent drunk. He's a sleepy drunk.....sleepy in such a way that he loses control of his bladder and his legs!!!
__________________
So little time, so much to know!

I do believe the Captain's trodden on my parrot!!!!!
SandySunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2006, 06:32 AM   #8
AndersonCouncill
Taxman
 
AndersonCouncill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 20, 2005
Location: my house
Posts: 1,890
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandySunshine
Yep, the "I'm too tired, I've been to work all day" excuse is a common one here!!!
Becky asks me every day if he's coming to see her. I always say, "maybe". I never give a definite answer.
Although what's funny is this, sometimes there'll be a couple of weeks when he's really unreliable and keeps letting me down.....but then he'll suddenly get really good and come every day, take her out etc!!!!! That's the worst thing really, 'cos it makes it even harder when he's been that good and then disappears for 5 days!!!!!
He's a heavy drinker too, and has turned up drunk a couple of times and I've had to turn him away at the door. That's the main reason why I left him. Becky doesn't like him when he's drunk and won't go near him. I must stress this point.....he's NOT a violent drunk. He's a sleepy drunk.....sleepy in such a way that he loses control of his bladder and his legs!!!
I understand. It can be painful to watch young children you care about be hurt in such a way (though, to be honest, probably much less painful for me as I have only nephews).

My brother, as I said earlier in this thread, is in jail currently. And when he left for his court appearance my nephew just moped around, stood by the door, and waited for him, and whenever a car would pull in, or a door would open, he would run to it, sure it was his daddy.

My brother's ex recently attempted suicide, and well my brother is in jail, she is watching him, which I don't think is a very good idea, but we have no choice but to hand him over because my brother didn't sign any papers yet saying not to let her watch him, because he didn't expect he would go to jail (it was a bee bee gun for christ's sake!), and when she said she wanted him, there was nothing we could do but hand him over.
__________________
Everywhere there's lots of piggies living piggy lives.
AndersonCouncill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2006, 06:36 AM   #9
SandySunshine
Taxman
 
SandySunshine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 03, 2005
Location: Bournemouth, England
Posts: 1,966
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndersonCouncill
I understand. It can be painful to watch young children you care about be hurt in such a way (though, to be honest, probably much less painful for me as I have only nephews).

My brother, as I said earlier in this thread, is in jail currently. And when he left for his court appearance my nephew just moped around, stood by the door, and waited for him, and whenever a car would pull in, or a door would open, he would run to it, sure it was his daddy.

My brother's ex recently attempted suicide, and well my brother is in jail, she is watching him, which I don't think is a very good idea, but we have no choice but to hand him over because my brother didn't sign any papers yet saying not to let her watch him, because he didn't expect he would go to jail (it was a bee bee gun for christ's sake!), and when she said she wanted him, there was nothing we could do but hand him over.
Well if you think the little boy is in any kind of danger then there must be authorities you can speak to?
__________________
So little time, so much to know!

I do believe the Captain's trodden on my parrot!!!!!
SandySunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2006, 06:38 AM   #10
AndersonCouncill
Taxman
 
AndersonCouncill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 20, 2005
Location: my house
Posts: 1,890
Default

We checked. They said, my brother himself has to sing documents saying that he believes her to be a danger, and as long as he is in jail they won't let him sign it. So for the next 13 days or so, my two year old nephew is in the hand's of a women who is suicidal, or at least bordering on it.
__________________
Everywhere there's lots of piggies living piggy lives.
AndersonCouncill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2006, 06:42 AM   #11
SandySunshine
Taxman
 
SandySunshine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 03, 2005
Location: Bournemouth, England
Posts: 1,966
Default

But you and the rest of your family can still see your nephew, yes?
__________________
So little time, so much to know!

I do believe the Captain's trodden on my parrot!!!!!
SandySunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2006, 06:47 AM   #12
AndersonCouncill
Taxman
 
AndersonCouncill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 20, 2005
Location: my house
Posts: 1,890
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandySunshine
But you and the rest of your family can still see your nephew, yes?
Yes, but it's a two and a half hour drive to go there. You see, she's not trying to be vindictive, but she thinks that we are. I don't think she quite understands that she attempted suicide a matter of weeks ago (it's important to bring up, the cause for her attempt was that she thought she was an unfit mother).
__________________
Everywhere there's lots of piggies living piggy lives.
AndersonCouncill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2006, 06:51 AM   #13
SandySunshine
Taxman
 
SandySunshine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 03, 2005
Location: Bournemouth, England
Posts: 1,966
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndersonCouncill
Yes, but it's a two and a half hour drive to go there. You see, she's not trying to be vindictive, but she thinks that we are. I don't think she quite understands that she attempted suicide a matter of weeks ago (it's important to bring up, the cause for her attempt was that she thought she was an unfit mother).
So she must have had some kind of psychological assessment then and counselling or whatever, and been declared fit to look after him now?

I suffered from severe post-natal depression and, while I wasn't quite suicidal, I know how hard it can be. Does she have any of her own family nearer to where she lives...parents or brothers or sisters?
__________________
So little time, so much to know!

I do believe the Captain's trodden on my parrot!!!!!
SandySunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2006, 06:54 AM   #14
AndersonCouncill
Taxman
 
AndersonCouncill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 20, 2005
Location: my house
Posts: 1,890
Default

Uhh... Yeah, but her phychiatrist told her not to talk to her family because they knock down her self-esteem.
__________________
Everywhere there's lots of piggies living piggy lives.

Last edited by AndersonCouncill : Jul 24, 2006 at 06:55 AM.
AndersonCouncill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2006, 07:05 AM   #15
SandySunshine
Taxman
 
SandySunshine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 03, 2005
Location: Bournemouth, England
Posts: 1,966
Default

My mum does the same to me and she really was a big part of the problem. But the counselling I had helped me to get over that and just ignore it!!!
Telling her to just not talk to them won't help!!!!! If she can't talk to her family, who can she talk to?!
__________________
So little time, so much to know!

I do believe the Captain's trodden on my parrot!!!!!
SandySunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2006, 07:08 AM   #16
AndersonCouncill
Taxman
 
AndersonCouncill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 20, 2005
Location: my house
Posts: 1,890
Default

Well, the phychiatrist asked about her family, she said "I don't get along with my mother and she makes me feel bad about myself" and all, then he told her to talk to her mother and her mother got upset at her for telling her phychiatrist that, and the next time she went to see him she wouldn't talk to him, effectively making him unable to help her, so he advised that, at least for the length of their sessions, she not talk to her mother, because she is easily manipulated and her mother is very manipulative, as she had just spoken to her mother when she attempted suicide.
__________________
Everywhere there's lots of piggies living piggy lives.
AndersonCouncill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2006, 07:20 AM   #17
SandySunshine
Taxman
 
SandySunshine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 03, 2005
Location: Bournemouth, England
Posts: 1,966
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndersonCouncill
Well, the phychiatrist asked about her family, she said "I don't get along with my mother and she makes me feel bad about myself" and all, then he told her to talk to her mother and her mother got upset at her for telling her phychiatrist that, and the next time she went to see him she wouldn't talk to him, effectively making him unable to help her, so he advised that, at least for the length of their sessions, she not talk to her mother, because she is easily manipulated and her mother is very manipulative, as she had just spoken to her mother when she attempted suicide.
Well I don't think much of that psychiatrist then!
My counsellor gave me ideas of what to say to my mother and how to say it. My mother is very overpowering and good at getting you to do what she wants. She's also very quick to point out anything that I'm doing wrong and that's what was getting me down. Years of not being quite good enough for her, topped off with having a baby out of wedlock, pre-natal and post-natal depression all things that she hated about me!!!!!
But now we're the best of friends.....most of the time!!!
The psychiatrist needs to be teaching her to overcome her mother's manipulation and help to increase her self-esteem.
__________________
So little time, so much to know!

I do believe the Captain's trodden on my parrot!!!!!
SandySunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2006, 07:44 AM   #18
AndersonCouncill
Taxman
 
AndersonCouncill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 20, 2005
Location: my house
Posts: 1,890
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandySunshine
Well I don't think much of that psychiatrist then!
My counsellor gave me ideas of what to say to my mother and how to say it. My mother is very overpowering and good at getting you to do what she wants. She's also very quick to point out anything that I'm doing wrong and that's what was getting me down. Years of not being quite good enough for her, topped off with having a baby out of wedlock, pre-natal and post-natal depression all things that she hated about me!!!!!
But now we're the best of friends.....most of the time!!!
The psychiatrist needs to be teaching her to overcome her mother's manipulation and help to increase her self-esteem.
That would be the most sensible approach, wouldn't it? I mean, that's only ignoring a bigger problem. However, I think her mother may be in need of some form of therapy herself.
__________________
Everywhere there's lots of piggies living piggy lives.
AndersonCouncill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2006, 07:52 AM   #19
SandySunshine
Taxman
 
SandySunshine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 03, 2005
Location: Bournemouth, England
Posts: 1,966
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndersonCouncill
That would be the most sensible approach, wouldn't it? I mean, that's only ignoring a bigger problem. However, I think her mother may be in need of some form of therapy herself.
Yeah, so is my mum.....but try telling her that!!!!!
__________________
So little time, so much to know!

I do believe the Captain's trodden on my parrot!!!!!
SandySunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2006, 08:01 AM   #20
AndersonCouncill
Taxman
 
AndersonCouncill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 20, 2005
Location: my house
Posts: 1,890
Default

Completely see what you mean.

Ahhh, broke out the old Fender. I most immediately felt better. I'm going to go visit my brother today. I think I'll just talk to him about little things, as any advice of mine will be studiously ignored by all because of my age. Well, it's nice talking to people on line about problems like this, help's me get it out, and age isn't so much of a barrier.
__________________
Everywhere there's lots of piggies living piggy lives.
AndersonCouncill is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
John's Sister On John And The Family angelgodiva Menlove Avenue 18 Jun 13, 2012 10:18 PM
Is there anything Beatle related, related to you or your family somehow? NaomiMcCartney Abbey Road 8 Mar 25, 2005 08:29 AM
Sound Problems With Past Masters Sets beatlemad Abbey Road 13 Nov 06, 2003 04:09 PM
McCartney Family Happy About Remarriage SF4-EVER I Read The News Today 7 May 01, 2002 09:08 PM
Very Interesting Article... HMVNipper I Read The News Today 9 Mar 29, 2002 11:34 PM


Advertisements

All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Site Features
Search Links

  Advanced Search
Category Jump



BeatleMail

FREE E-MAIL
@ BEATLEMAIL.COM


Username


Password




New User Sign-Up!
Lost Password?
Beatles History




Donate
The costs of running our database and discussion forum are steadily rising. Any help we receive is greatly appreciated. Click HERE for more information about donating to BeatleLinks.
Extras
» Chat Room
» Current News
» Monthly Contest
» Interviews Database
» Random Site
» Banner Exchange
» F.A.Q.
» Advertise
» Credits
» Legal
» Contact Us
Copyright © 2000-2022 BeatleLinks
All Rights Reserved