BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Other Forums > While My Guitar Gently Weeps

Old Jan 06, 2009, 06:56 PM   #1
Mrs.Mustard
Paperback Writer

Thumbs down Guitar Hero

Hello links,
I was just curious if any of you other musicians had a bone to pick with guitar hero, like I do. I can see that it would be fun, and I have nothing against people playing it..I just find it funny: The ammount of time that some people waste playing it could be enough to learn how to play a REAL guitar! So here (I don't know if it's like this everywhere, probobly.) there are nights at the bars called "Guitar Hero night". So that's the entertainment? We don't get live music, we get a plastic guitar without strings...*siigh*...I'm sorry, I could rant forever about it. I was just curious on everyone elses opinions.

Last edited by Mrs.Mustard : Jan 06, 2009 at 06:57 PM.
Mrs.Mustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 07, 2009, 12:18 AM   #2
Serena

Yes, video games are simultaneously entertaining and a waste of time. Guitar Hero is just like any other game, but with a guitar shaped controller. It's really not very comparative to real playing.

Should people playing Call of Duty go out and join the Army? Real guitar takes a lot of practice and motivation (much more than the game) which many kids do not have, but kids will play if they really want to, musicianship has not become obsolete yet. At least these games gives the younger generations a chance to discover new and older music, it's a great way to promote a song. I just hope kids know when to balance out the game time, and do anything else productive.

Serena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 07, 2009, 05:51 AM   #3
LemonCurry
Apple Scruff

i think guitar hero is fun:D i mean, of course its much more fun to play the real guitar, but i don't think one can compare it, cuz they have quite little in common...at least that's what I think.

Georgiie!
LemonCurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 07, 2009, 05:05 PM   #4
MaccaGirl2891
Sun King

Send a message via AIM to MaccaGirl2891 Send a message via MSN to MaccaGirl2891 Send a message via Yahoo to MaccaGirl2891 Send a message via Skype™ to MaccaGirl2891

I agree with LemonCurry. I have every single Guitar Hero game, and I enjoy playing them, but nothing compares to playing real guitar. Even though I play mainly hard/expert on Guitar Hero, I'm still not so hot at it, which means I'm also not so hot at real guitar, which is sad, because I've been playing for 8 years.

They're both fun. But nothing compares to real guitar.
George Harrison - 2/25/1943--11/29/2001
Michael Joseph Jackson - 8/29/1958--6/25/2009
MaccaGirl2891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 07, 2009, 05:17 PM   #5
Mrs.Mustard
Paperback Writer

I guess you've all helped me ease up on it a little. I just have a hard time with my friends who spend all their time playing it, and brag about it..just an opinion though. It is a fun game.
Old Jan 07, 2009, 05:39 PM   #6
MaccaGirl2891
Sun King

Send a message via AIM to MaccaGirl2891 Send a message via MSN to MaccaGirl2891 Send a message via Yahoo to MaccaGirl2891 Send a message via Skype™ to MaccaGirl2891

Did you hear about the kid who dropped out of high school to play Guitar Hero all the time (like for money and stuff)?
George Harrison - 2/25/1943--11/29/2001
Michael Joseph Jackson - 8/29/1958--6/25/2009
MaccaGirl2891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 07, 2009, 05:43 PM   #7
Mrs.Mustard
Paperback Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaccaGirl2891 View Post
Did you hear about the kid who dropped out of high school to play Guitar Hero all the time (like for money and stuff)?
That's insane.. Do you where abouts that was?
Old Jan 07, 2009, 06:49 PM   #8
VersusBatman
Sun King

You mean people payed him to play Guitar Hero?

It looks like they just put a whole lotta movies in a blender and turned it on really fast. - Myster Science Theater 3000

"They're dead grotty!" - George Harrison

Comic Book Guy: But, Aquaman, you cannot marry a woman without gills. You're from two different worlds... Oh, I've wasted my life. - The Simpsons
VersusBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 08, 2009, 04:59 AM   #9
IWantToTellYou
Sun King

Send a message via MSN to IWantToTellYou

I prefer Rock Band to Guitar Hero.

It is fun once in a while. I have friends that really got into it, bought all the games, and expansions for GH. I'm a gamer, and I play a lot of different video games, but Guitar Hero isn't one that really hooked me...
Old Jan 08, 2009, 01:08 PM   #10
beatlebangs1964

Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964

As for me, I prefer the real deal. Real guitar, actual music.

On a slight tangent, I hate the term "air guitar" and for some reason find it irritating. Maybe it's the stealth playing of said instrument, but I still don't like that expression.

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/c...rtc/signatures

http://www.reddit.com/r/troubledteen...aten_at_green/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7g0oiJ52Gw
beatlebangs1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2009, 09:13 PM   #11
Loony_leo
Bulldog

Nothing beats the experience of making real music on a guitar. That rewarding feeling you get when you can play your first chord, and then your first barre chord!

Its so amazing when your learning how to play a song you love, and then you come to your favourite part in the song, and you hear the chords or the notes that make that one bit on the record so extra special, only you yourself are playing it! Chills.

Or how, after a while, your guitar becomes so much a part of you. I've had nightmares that my guitar had been smashed up, or damaged, or stolen.

Its an amazing experience, playing music. To learn an instrument takes a lot of patience and dedication, but its such a great feeling.

A little plastic controller could never equal it.
Old Jan 18, 2009, 09:29 PM   #12
Mrs.Mustard
Paperback Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loony_leo View Post
Nothing beats the experience of making real music on a guitar. That rewarding feeling you get when you can play your first chord, and then your first barre chord!

Its so amazing when your learning how to play a song you love, and then you come to your favourite part in the song, and you hear the chords or the notes that make that one bit on the record so extra special, only you yourself are playing it! Chills.

Or how, after a while, your guitar becomes so much a part of you. I've had nightmares that my guitar had been smashed up, or damaged, or stolen.

Its an amazing experience, playing music. To learn an instrument takes a lot of patience and dedication, but its such a great feeling.

Wow, that was most beautifully worded. I couldn't even attempt at that, but I can totally relate to it all. Thanks so much for speaking it all, much appreciated. I especially loved this: " Its so amazing when your learning how to play a song you love, and then you come to your favourite part in the song, and you hear the chords or the notes that make that one bit on the record so extra special, only you yourself are playing it! Chills."

Amazing. I totally know what you mean.
Old Jan 21, 2009, 05:27 PM   #13
jtal909
Sun King

it's a game.
it's not guitar playing.
it's a game and there's nothing wrong with that.
Old Jan 27, 2009, 04:49 PM   #14
Clark Kent
Sun King

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loony_leo View Post

My sentiments exactly.