BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Beatles Forums > Abbey Road

Old Jan 11, 2009, 09:35 AM   #21
Kelli
Day Tripper

This thread is so cool! That songwriting dream is amazing. How awesome that you were able to remember his suggestions.
I write my dreams down almost every day, and a lot of them are Beatley. One that I especially liked was that I was in a department store with John, who was straight out of 1964. I told him how much I loved his hat (because I really do) and he said he would help me find one like it. So we walked around the store (separately ) looking for a hat like John's. I woke up before we found it, though.

My dreams are interesting, because while the boys are around all the time, I'm never really interacting with them. The only exception to that is that I've talked to Paul a few times. He's always all happy and everything and it's really neat. I want so much to talk to John, though, and can't understand why it hasn't happened yet.
Kelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2009, 01:16 PM   #22
Mrs.Mustard
Paperback Writer

Kelli that sounds awsome! Did you ever get a hat like his, after the dream? I know I wouldn't mind one And I'm sure you'll speak with John soon. I've heard that we can change our dreams, and actually do what we want in them, but I haven't been able..
Old Jan 11, 2009, 02:43 PM   #23
Kelli
Day Tripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Mustard View Post
Kelli that sounds awsome! Did you ever get a hat like his, after the dream? I know I wouldn't mind one And I'm sure you'll speak with John soon. I've heard that we can change our dreams, and actually do what we want in them, but I haven't been able..
I did get one, actually, and it is glorious.

Oh, you're talking about lucid dreaming! I've been able to do it a few times, but the boys never have anything to do with it. What's crazy is that every time I realize I can control what's going on, I try to make John appear so I can talk to him, but it never works.
Old Jan 11, 2009, 02:58 PM   #24
Mrs.Mustard
Paperback Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelli View Post
I did get one, actually, and it is glorious.

Oh, you're talking about lucid dreaming! I've been able to do it a few times, but the boys never have anything to do with it. What's crazy is that every time I realize I can control what's going on, I try to make John appear so I can talk to him, but it never works.
Nice, I will have to go out and buy one! And that's brill about being about to control your dreams, even if you can't conjure up John..how do you do it?
Old Jan 11, 2009, 03:28 PM   #25
Kelli
Day Tripper

Quote:
Nice, I will have to go out and buy one! And that's brill about being about to control your dreams, even if you can't conjure up John..how do you do it?
I found the hat on ebay, if that helps you out.
Here's a basic thing about controlling dreams: the thing is to try to realize that you are dreaming. It's not easy, but it can be done. For example, say you see a huge yellow donkey in your dream. If you're somehow able to say "Hey, wait. Huge yellow donkeys aren't real!" then you'll know you're dreaming and then be able to do whatever you want. It takes a lot of practice and I'm still very much a beginner, but it's so exciting when it actually works! The possibilities are endless.
Old Jan 11, 2009, 06:23 PM   #26
Mrs.Mustard
Paperback Writer

wow..I'm inspired :) Thanks! (and thanks, I'm going to check ebay ;))
Old Jan 12, 2009, 06:41 AM   #27
PaulisMine
Dr. Robert

Man! I just had a dream - over the weekend - where I met Paul. He didn't like me! TRAGIC.
take me to that place
where I can find my brave face
PaulisMine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2009, 06:52 AM   #28
Asha
Sun King

I dreamt about NYC last night & for some reason, John was there! He was very nice to me when he came out of a building. Even opened a door for me! Sheesh! WTH!!!
Asha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2009, 07:42 AM   #29
Starry-eyed
Paperback Writer

Send a message via AIM to Starry-eyed

I don't think I've ever had a dream about the Beatles! You'd think I would, being such a long-time fan and all. I wish I would sometime!

Starry-eyed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2009, 07:44 AM   #30
Loony_leo
Bulldog

I've had a couple of dreams about the Beatles over the years. They're usually very strange, but they amuse me to no end, haha!

The last one I had was sometime in December, before Christmas. For some reason I was at my mother's Aunt's cottage in Northern Ontario, in the middle of a snowstorm. (You'd have to be crazy to be up there in the winter because the cottage is very old and it isn't winterized, so you'd freeze to death probably).

So for some reason I was there, and then for some equally strange reason Yoko Ono showed up, and so did John Lennon! (In my dream it was as if he'd never died). Basically they too were stuck in the snowstorm and needed somewhere to stay. And I started babbling on at them, mainly about how great John's music was, and how admirable all their peace work was.

They just sort of sat there awkwardly nodding at me. Yoko got very protective of John and very wary around me, and John just sat there. I apologized for being all fanish at them, and then I woke up.

One of the oddest beatle dreams I've had, it was amusing though!
Old Jan 12, 2009, 10:17 AM   #31
Kelli
Day Tripper

Quote:
wow..I'm inspired :) Thanks! (and thanks, I'm going to check ebay ;))
No problem. : )

I'll share another dream. This one cracked me up. I was in a big warehouse and came upon a group of people. In the middle were Paul and Linda, standing at this old machine. It was some sort of crank, and each time Paul turned it, cake came out! It had purple frosting and sprinkles and everything.
Every time more cake showed up, everyone started applauding and cheering like crazy. It was if some miraculous thing had just happened. They were so proud of themselves. It was hysterical!
Old Jan 12, 2009, 09:13 PM   #32
Mrs.Mustard
Paperback Writer

Quote:
No problem. : )

I'll share another dream. This one cracked me up. I was in a big warehouse and came upon a group of people. In the middle were Paul and Linda, standing at this old machine. It was some sort of crank, and each time Paul turned it, cake came out! It had purple frosting and sprinkles and everything.
Every time more cake showed up, everyone started applauding and cheering like crazy. It was if some miraculous thing had just happened. They were so proud of themselves. It was hysterical!

hahah, that sounds brill..I want a cake machine!! ..not to mention Macca with it!
Old Jan 13, 2009, 01:24 AM   #33
lennongirl
Mr. Moonlight

Send a message via Yahoo to lennongirl

I've only had a few.

One I've had multiple times is really, really boring.
It's just of John and I sitting on a couch. Neither of us are talking. We're just sitting there.

The second one, I had about 10 months ago.
I was at my house with George who was my best friend.
We were hanging out with a bunch of friends and messing around on my laptop. After a while, I got bored and handed it over to him. After a few minutes he moved from sitting next to me to sitting opposite me and was acting really oddly. I asked him what he was doing and he woulnd't tell me. SO I tried to look at what was on the computer screen but he shut it down.
So later I got on the history and saw that he was on eharmony.com.

hahaha

Those are my Beatle-dreams. haha
Old Jan 15, 2009, 01:06 PM   #34
glennan
Fool On The Hill

Hehehe, imagine that. "I thought it was about...er...achieving world peace!" Yeah, yeah, when did you turn into the peace activist, George?
glennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2009, 06:52 PM   #35
ilianna
Old Brown Shoe

I had a Beatles dream last night, it was lovely. I was watching them do their roof top performance from the street. It was cool. Then I remember climbing up the building haha.
by named christened. They decided to get
together because they were the getting-together
type. When they were together they wondered
what for after all, what for? So all of a sudden
they all grew guitars and formed a noise."

- JOHN LENNON

"I'm always getting winked at these days"
ilianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2009, 07:40 AM   #36
Lucy

Send a message via AIM to Lucy Send a message via MSN to Lucy

Paul was in my dream this morning just before I woke up. He was in a shop and there were loads of fans around and he was making us all laugh. He looked right at me and pointed and smiled at me and i was all "ooooh WOW". Then I woke up. He was Paul as he is now but with slightly longer hair.
Old Mar 14, 2009, 04:10 PM   #37
LemonCurry
Apple Scruff

lol i like the one with the cake machine! i want a cake machine incl. Macca too.

Georgiie!
LemonCurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2009, 02:49 PM   #38
Kelli
Day Tripper

I had this one a while ago (near John's birthday), but I forgot to share it.

I was walking around some museum kind of place and there was a room with all these huge tapestries. On each one was a famous person, but the only one I could actually see was John. It was from when he was a kid; I think it might have been the picture where he's sitting with that little puppy. It was adorable.
Anyway, I was saying how cute it was to whoever was with me, and then I heard John's voice. The strange part is that he was speaking French! He said "Il y a toujours quelquechose a ramener," which means "there's always something to take back."
It was such a cool dream, and quite surprising because I've read many times that John was not a good French student. He used a complete, grammatically correct sentence and everything! I've been trying to figure out if it means anything, but I just don't know.

Last edited by Kelli : Mar 16, 2009 at 02:52 PM.
Old Mar 16, 2009, 04:57 PM   #39
Mrs.Mustard
Paperback Writer

Quote:
I had this one a while ago (near John's birthday), but I forgot to share it.

I was walking around some museum kind of place and there was a room with all these huge tapestries. On each one was a famous person, but the only one I could actually see was John. It was from when he was a kid; I think it might have been the picture where he's sitting with that little puppy. It was adorable.
Anyway, I was saying how cute it was to whoever was with me, and then I heard John's voice. The strange part is that he was speaking French! He said "Il y a toujours quelquechose a ramener," which means "there's always something to take back."
It was such a cool dream, and quite surprising because I've read many times that John was not a good French student. He used a complete, grammatically correct sentence and everything! I've been trying to figure out if it means anything, but I just don't know.
Hmm..very interesting. Especially the french sentence! ..what could it mean?
Old Mar 16, 2009, 05:39 PM   #40
ilianna
Old Brown Shoe

I had a wonderful dream a couple a weeks back about the Beatles. We were all sitting at a table and John was sitting across from me. He would always smile at me every time we made eye contact which was fantastic. I remember spending most of my time with George in the dream and well I'll let you imagine the rest haha

It was a lovely dream.
by named christened. They decided to get
together because they were the getting-together
type. When they were together they wondered
what for after all, what for? So all of a sudden
they all grew guitars and formed a noise."

- JOHN LENNON

"I'm always getting winked at these days"

Last edited by ilianna : Mar 16, 2009 at 05:40 PM.
ilianna is offline   Reply With Quote