BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Beatles Forums > Abbey Road

Old Dec 23, 2008, 02:44 PM   #1
Mrs.Mustard
Paperback Writer

Lightbulb I'll see you in my dreams..

Hello all!
First off, I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the correct place, if not I'm sorry!

Now, I was just curiouse if any of you have had dreams about, including, or surounding the Beatles, or any of their members. Last night I had a dream where George Harrison was sitting behind me on a bus. I knew it was him, and I finally worked up the courage to talk to him. I told him how much I admired him and how he had changed/influenced my life so greatly. He asked me if I played an instrument. I told him (truthfully) that I've been trying to learn guitar, but it's so freaking frusterating. He looked me right in the eyes and told me to keep on trying, no matter what. He then placed his hand on my head and said "God bless you"...
Quite honestly I wish I could have kept dreaming, but it left me with a warm feeling that still hasn't left me. I hope I don't offend anyone by posting this, I just thought it would be neat to hear anyone elses experiences.
Old Dec 23, 2008, 05:58 PM   #2
acabrera
Little Child

Woow..Your dream sounds really great..
I had a dream some time ago: In 2005 I was about to go and see Paul live at Madison Square Garden...I was really excited because I had never got to see a Beatle in the flesh, I almost fainted, it was the best.. The thing is that I have always been a really biiiiiigggg huuuuge Lennon fan...all my life Iīve loved everything that is related to John.
Few days before going to NYC to see Paul singing in MSG concert, I had a dream and suddenly John was there, looking at me straight to my eyes, but he was kind of sad or angry, I donīt know...Suddenly I got it: he was jealous I was going to see Paul, that was my conclusion. I talked to him and tried to explain that I didnīt want to see him like that... angry and jealous.. After a lot of talking, I woke up. He never said a word to me.
It was strange because I felt bad about all that.
Fortunately, some time after that, I "found" him in another dream, and he was so charming and smiling..I donīt remember much about that dream, but it was good enough for me to know that he was back again..
Old Dec 23, 2008, 09:10 PM   #3
Mrs.Mustard
Paperback Writer

Default Wow.

Wow, That's super interesting! I'm glad you got to see him again in a happier mood. (ooh, and lucky you, getting to see the great Paul in concert! )
It's a little eery when they look you in the eyes, innit? It makes it all seem so incredibly real...
Old Dec 24, 2008, 04:54 AM   #4
Asha
Sun King

No I don't think you'll offend anyone here. Some people here have had some really cool dreams. I know I've had some, but I don't share them. Some have been very special & I'll mention one since you shared how George told you to keep trying at the guitar (& I believe he really would say that to you!!! I really do!)

One I had, I was sitting at a table talking to George about guitars. I remember him drawing guitars & explaining different specs about them & what to look for, etc. It was quite a technical dream, but I was really enjoying him just drawing these different guitars & just seeing him talk about something he really loved. It was really cool!
Asha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2008, 05:08 AM   #5
PaulisMine
Dr. Robert

They've always been on the edges of my dreams, I've never actually interacted with any of them. But I remember one I was having this BIG party and they showed up and The Who showed up and I started FREAKING! OUT! cause my mom was going to come too and I was like OH NOES THEY WILL BE SMOKING POT AND MY MOM IS COMING!!
lulz!
take me to that place
where I can find my brave face
PaulisMine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2008, 06:52 AM   #6
Asha
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulisMine View Post
They've always been on the edges of my dreams, I've never actually interacted with any of them. But I remember one I was having this BIG party and they showed up and The Who showed up and I started FREAKING! OUT! cause my mom was going to come too and I was like OH NOES THEY WILL BE SMOKING POT AND MY MOM IS COMING!!
lulz!
You so slay me! (Or should I say "sleigh" me!)

Asha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2008, 08:35 AM   #7
acabrera
Little Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Mustard View Post
Wow, That's super interesting! I'm glad you got to see him again in a happier mood. (ooh, and lucky you, getting to see the great Paul in concert! )
It's a little eery when they look you in the eyes, innit? It makes it all seem so incredibly real...
Yes, that was super cool...
It feels so real that, even though itīs been a while since that dream, I can remember his look perfectly... itīs great. It is supposed that dream are easily forgotten...not for me in that case
Old Dec 26, 2008, 12:06 PM   #8
Mrs.Mustard
Paperback Writer

Default Happy Holidays :)

Quote:
One I had, I was sitting at a table talking to George about guitars. I remember him drawing guitars & explaining different specs about them & what to look for, etc. It was quite a technical dream, but I was really enjoying him just drawing these different guitars & just seeing him talk about something he really loved. It was really cool!
That's really cool. And I bet you know alot more now, huh?

Quote:
It is supposed that dream are easily forgotten...not for me in that case
Quite honestly, I believe that these dreams will stick with us for a lifetime. There are so many dreams that come and go, you know, the ones that don't mean anything. But these ones, where it feels so real, so significant..These will deffinatly last *siigh*
Old Dec 27, 2008, 02:27 AM   #9
Lucy

Send a message via AIM to Lucy Send a message via MSN to Lucy

Hello there!

Yeah I've had some pretty cool Beatley dreams over the years. One when I was still living at home that they were all sitting in my bathtub together. Totally weird. I've had some pretty good ones this year....I always try to write down my dreams (beatle or not) and when I read over them, some of the stuff is pretty weirdo!! Like the one I had about George coming to my school and giving a talk....some of the stuff he said was very strange hahahaaa! I'm sure it all makes sense in some way though hehe.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old Dec 30, 2008, 06:29 AM   #10
adayinthelifeforever
Fool On The Hill

Itīs pretty cool what you are talking about!
In my short but intense experience as a Beatle fan I had already two dreams where John was: I have to say my dreams are very short and not easy to understand, in one of them he was sitting on a table and he only was staring at me without saying anything, pretty shocking that one... in the other both of us were sitting in a car but I donīt remember anything more... Although they seem without much importance for me it was amazing to have John with me while I was sleeping...
Old Dec 30, 2008, 04:58 PM   #11
glennan
Fool On The Hill

Once wrote a song that was pretty good, but had a terrible middle-eight. I was trying to go for a Beatles type feel, but the middle-eight is where I lost it. The rest was fairly competent, but forgettable. That night I was still dwelling on the problem when I went to sleep.

In my dream that night, John and I were sat on the floor in this living room of sorts, and my lyrics were on the floor in front of us. We both had guitars and were strumming through the song. He kept denigrating it (in his typical Lennon style), working quickly, writing new chord changes and fixing up the words. I just remember feeling so psyched that I was working with John.

In the morning, I sat down with the song, and the more I played through it, the more things I remembered that John had changed. I couldn't write it all down fast enough. When I played it back to my band, they all agreed it had taken a much better turn. Sometimes I still wonder what it was all about. Hasn't happened since then.
glennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2008, 07:02 PM   #12
VersusBatman
Sun King

I had two dreams involving Paul. In one dream, I opened the newspaper to find that Paul died. In the other, I meet Paul, but all I could do was stammer.

It looks like they just put a whole lotta movies in a blender and turned it on really fast. - Myster Science Theater 3000

"They're dead grotty!" - George Harrison

Comic Book Guy: But, Aquaman, you cannot marry a woman without gills. You're from two different worlds... Oh, I've wasted my life. - The Simpsons
VersusBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2008, 09:09 PM   #13
LemonCurry
Apple Scruff

I've had one beatles dream. it was me and my bestfriend, and we where walking around in this huge abandoned old house. then suddenly we passed a room, and there where someone in it, and it was the whole band! the twist though, is that we had'nt enough courage to go and talk to them, so we kept on moving. later we passed a door, and John came out of it, and he smiled, and reached us something. it was flowers:) we accepted them and moved on. then, after a while, we passed another door, and John came out again, smiling. this time he reached us two baby-birds. both times, we could see George, Paul, and Ringo in the background, looking at us in that nice, and a bit curious way...
the day after i dreamt it, i was sitting in the livingroom, and the stereo suddenly turned itself on. Come Together.

Georgiie!
LemonCurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2008, 09:36 PM   #14
im_only_sleeping65
Fool On The Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonCurry View Post
I've had one beatles dream. it was me and my bestfriend, and we where walking around in this huge abandoned old house. then suddenly we passed a room, and there where someone in it, and it was the whole band! the twist though, is that we had'nt enough courage to go and talk to them, so we kept on moving. later we passed a door, and John came out of it, and he smiled, and reached us something. it was flowers:) we accepted them and moved on. then, after a while, we passed another door, and John came out again, smiling. this time he reached us two baby-birds. both times, we could see George, Paul, and Ringo in the background, looking at us in that nice, and a bit curious way...
the day after i dreamt it, i was sitting in the livingroom, and the stereo suddenly turned itself on. Come Together.
The stereo turning on and then suddenly played Come Together creeped me out.
im_only_sleeping65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2008, 10:36 PM   #15
ilianna
Old Brown Shoe

For some reason I always have dreams about George. I don't mind at all though haha
by named christened. They decided to get
together because they were the getting-together
type. When they were together they wondered
what for after all, what for? So all of a sudden
they all grew guitars and formed a noise."

- JOHN LENNON

"I'm always getting winked at these days"
ilianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2008, 06:11 AM   #16
LemonCurry
Apple Scruff

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennan View Post
In the morning, I sat down with the song, and the more I played through it, the more things I remembered that John had changed. I couldn't write it all down fast enough. When I played it back to my band, they all agreed it had taken a much better turn. Sometimes I still wonder what it was all about. Hasn't happened since then.
that is SO cool!! i mean, you got help from John Lennon to write a song!!:D

Georgiie!
LemonCurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2008, 11:53 AM   #17
Mrs.Mustard
Paperback Writer

All these dreams sound so interesting, and it's awsome to hear how much they stick with us!
Old Dec 31, 2008, 07:16 PM   #18
peacewithlennon
Fool On The Hill

Send a message via Yahoo to peacewithlennon

I had a Lennon dream a few months back where it was the two of us sitting in this garden and he was telling me how things are better in his life, idk what he was trying to mean or anything but thats what he said!
Old Dec 31, 2008, 08:03 PM   #19
Get Back
Wild Honey Pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulisMine View Post
lulz!
That, is a classic.
Old Jan 10, 2009, 12:47 PM   #20
glennan
Fool On The Hill

Had another dream, but this one I can't chalk up to my subconscious or anything. I was sitting in this stadium, and it was just Paul with his acoustic, the band on acoustic everything, like everyone is used to in that portion of his show for "Here, There and Everywhere" and "Eleanor Rigby." Suddenly at random, he strums and sings "Squeeze Box" by The Who. He sounded sort of like "Long Tall Sally" or "Kansas City" voice. It was good.
glennan is offline   Reply With Quote