BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Solo Forums > Menlove Avenue

Old Sep 12, 2005, 10:39 AM   #1
LucyLennon4me
Apple Scruff

Default Cynthia Lennon Craps In Public

Found this at Beatlesnumber9.com - The header is the article title, not mine.

John Lennon's first wife says the late Beatle was a violent and insecure bully who couldn't control his temper and once struck her in a burst of jealousy. "I discovered that John's temper could be frightening,"writes Cynthia Lennon in her new memoir, John, to be published at the end of this month.
She must want money really bad to diss Lennon in a book. Anyone who knew John, even as a public figure, will know he admitted to hitting Cyn and being a bad father. He was in the process of making amends when he was murdered.
He freely admitted his own temper lead him to peace activism. John freely shared everything about himself in public. Now that takes a real man. Yes, he hit his wife when he was young and dumb. In his 40s he was a different man. Why do we have to expose our heros defects in books and movies? We should already know they are human beings. Do the ones throwing stones at John want their faults exposed? It would be quite poetic. When will Cynthia write a book about her being unfaithful with Magic Alex?
You can find fault in anyone who is alive. If your bag is to sink to tabloid gossip, this book is for you. John's been dead 25 years and this book didn't tell me anything John didn't already tell us when he was a live. Those that weren't alive can now read a book that smears John Lennon. But let it be known that we that loved him knew about Johns mistakes. He shared them with us in interviews and songs. That's what made him a hero.
David Holmes
Beatlesnumber9.com
http://beatlesnumber9.com/
LucyLennon4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2005, 11:12 AM   #2
matt5
Old Brown Shoe

I think the person who wrote this is taking things a bit too personally.
make a country dream come true

Last edited by matt5 : Sep 12, 2005 at 11:12 AM.
matt5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2005, 11:18 AM   #3
adayinthelife
Apple Scruff

I read excerpts from the book and I was little...astounded.

First she says John was "horrified" by homosexuality and that Brian totally did not love John. I'm sorry but I have a really hard time believing either one.
adayinthelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2005, 11:22 AM   #4
LucyLennon4me
Apple Scruff

And we all thought Cynthia had class. I am surprised as well by the stance she is taking. Seems more like something from May Pang, oh right those two are buddies. Well, that says a lot. Even Cynthia is using the "I'm being airbrushed out" complaint.

Sorry but I think we need a bigger brush.
Old Sep 12, 2005, 11:34 AM   #5
HMVNipper
Sun King

Send a message via AIM to HMVNipper

I am putting on my moderator hat here because Angel and Tim are not around.

Lucy, give it up already...no need to be so nasty and abusive. You don't have to like Cynthia or May, but your comments are just too much, and frankly, if they continue, grounds for being banned from these forums.

You can say you don't like something, but don't get nasty, please.
"And this I believe: that the free, exploring mind of the individual human is the most valuable thing in all the world. And this I would fight for: the freedom of the mind to take any direction it wishes, undirected. And this I must fight against: any idea, religion, or government which limits or destroys the individual." - John Steinbeck

"When we blindly adopt a religion, a political system, a literary dogma, we become automatons. We cease to grow." - Anais Nin
HMVNipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2005, 11:40 AM   #6
HMVNipper
Sun King

By the way -- John wasn't perfect. Not even in his 30s. (He never MADE IT to his 40s, which the person who made the initial comments doesn't seem to realize...) I DO think Cynthia has class, I think she's telling the truth as she sees it. And she was a big part of John's life BEFORE Yoko showed up and tried to erase her...she, of all people, is entitled to talk.

If some fans can't take a little knocking of their hero off his pedestal, then it's pretty sad -- I've been well aware of John's faults for 30 years, and I don't find anything in these exerpts (or what I am sure will be in the upcoming book) to be particularly astonishing...and I still love the guy no matter what.
"And this I believe: that the free, exploring mind of the individual human is the most valuable thing in all the world. And this I would fight for: the freedom of the mind to take any direction it wishes, undirected. And this I must fight against: any idea, religion, or government which limits or destroys the individual." - John Steinbeck

"When we blindly adopt a religion, a political system, a literary dogma, we become automatons. We cease to grow." - Anais Nin

Last edited by HMVNipper : Sep 12, 2005 at 11:42 AM.
Old Sep 12, 2005, 11:41 AM   #7
LucyLennon4me
Apple Scruff

I am in no way being nasty. I really did think Cynthia had class. Now I am not so sure. I do not see what comment is "too much", my opinion seems to fit the theme of this thread. I have not used foul words, or done anything but state my opinion. It seems that if you disagree with anything or anyone here the watchdogs come out to bite. Christ you know it ain't easy. We are all adults so let's converse like them. I happen to prefer Yoko to any of these others and if I need to put my opinion in acceptable terms for you well then here goes.

I do not like Cynthia or May.
Old Sep 12, 2005, 11:42 AM   #8
HMVNipper
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by adayinthelife
First she says John was "horrified" by homosexuality and that Brian totally did not love John. I'm sorry but I have a really hard time believing either one.
Yeah, me too!

Old Sep 12, 2005, 11:44 AM   #9
HMVNipper
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyLennon4me
I am in no way being nasty. I really did think Cynthia had class. Now I am not so sure. I do not see what comment is "too much", my opinion seems to fit the theme of this thread. I have not used foul words, or done anything but state my opinion. It seems that if you disagree with anything or anyone here the watchdogs come out to bite. Christ you know it ain't easy. We are all adults so let's converse like them. I happen to prefer Yoko to any of these others and if I need to put my opinion in acceptable terms for you well then here goes.

I do not like Cynthia or May.
That's fine. For the record, I've defended Yoko on these forums many times to those who would be just as nasty towards her. You are entitled to your opinion of Cynthia and May, whom I have also defended to their detractors. I'm an equal-opportunity defender! But there's a way to say you don't like something and a way not to, and frankly, even the title of this thread is offensive or can be construed as such.

Old Sep 12, 2005, 11:45 AM   #10
matt5
Old Brown Shoe

Quote:
I have not used foul words, or done anything but state my opinion.
I agree with you 100%.
make a country dream come true
matt5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2005, 11:47 AM   #11
LucyLennon4me
Apple Scruff

As I made clear I did not create the header that was the article from the David guy.

And thank you Matt as I as well have seen much more nasty comments coming from members and moderators anytime someone mentions Albert Goldman (whom I detest) of Guiliano or Robert Rosen, all authors of horrible books.
Old Sep 12, 2005, 11:52 AM   #12
HMVNipper
Sun King

They've been taken to task for their comments too. If I discuss those "authors" I try to make it plain that I do not care for their "work" (I use the term loosely) without getting nasty. I just do not want to see this thread degenerate into a discussion of Cynthia and May using ugly language. It hasn't so far, let's try to keep it that way.

Last edited by HMVNipper : Sep 12, 2005 at 11:52 AM.
Old Sep 12, 2005, 11:56 AM   #13
Rellevart

Send a message via MSN to Rellevart

Woah, everybody, step back from the keyboards, take a cleansing breath and go do something in the real world for a little while. Seriously.

Isn't there already a topic on Cynthia's book? Maybe it'd be best to debate our opinions of it there and close this one, since it's mostly arguments and not really on topic all that much? Just a thought?
Old Sep 12, 2005, 12:13 PM   #14
LucyLennon4me
Apple Scruff

I have no intention of using ugly language.
Old Sep 12, 2005, 12:17 PM   #15
Jerry
Webmaster Of BeatleLinks

Send a message via AIM to Jerry

Matt, if you have a problem with the forum or a moderator, don't talk about it here ok. Send somebody a private message.

Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2005, 12:18 PM   #16
HMVNipper
Sun King

Quote:
I have no intention of using ugly language.
Great. Let's move on, shall we, then?

Old Sep 12, 2005, 12:20 PM   #17
Zimmerman The Gnome
Sun King

Should we really care about a book that has been written purely for money which is taken from memory from a time long gone.
Old Sep 12, 2005, 12:23 PM   #18
LucyLennon4me
Apple Scruff

Time moves on thousands of tiny little feet.
Old Sep 12, 2005, 12:25 PM   #19
Zimmerman The Gnome
Sun King

If you were asked to write a book about 30 years ago would it be accurate? I don't think so.
Old Sep 12, 2005, 01:02 PM   #20
ImaginePeace78
Dr. Robert

Cynthia was there. We were not. Most of us posting here on this thread were only kids when all of this was going on or weren't even thought of. We we've read so far (in the other thread) about the book is nothing new. I'm still interested in reading it though from someone who was really there. It's about time Cynthia said something instead of sugar-coating it (like in her first book).
-Kristi

'He (Elvis Presley) turned out to be fantastic. I remember rushing home with the record 'Heartbreak Hotel' and saying, 'He sounds like Frankie Laine and Johnnie Ray and Tennessee Ernie Ford!'' --John Lennon
ImaginePeace78 is offline   Reply With Quote