BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Other Forums > Here, There & Everywhere

Old Aug 03, 2007, 05:53 PM   #21
Clark Kent
Sun King

I believe that a man should be with a woman. I also feel that the debate has become too loaded towards the position that people who have legitimate objections to homosexuality are wrong-headed bigots.
Old Aug 03, 2007, 06:08 PM   #22
eppylover
Apple Scruff

Old Aug 03, 2007, 07:34 PM   #23
kmac
Old Brown Shoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourmilkpinky View Post
Inappropriate picture??? it is okay to see gorillas? but not what I assume was woman????
It was a good one too.....
Old Aug 03, 2007, 08:48 PM   #24
eppylover
Apple Scruff

What the gorillas brought to mind with me, anyway, is the fact that homosexuality runs throughout the animal kingdom. So, in that way, it is a natural occurrence and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it.

http://www.colorq.org/Articles/artic...1999&x=animals

One might even say that it's a nicer way for nature to limit overpopulation of a species ~ in a more passive way than, say, an epidemic or a natural disaster.

Instead of presumptuously pronouncing other people's sexual preference WRONG, why not just chalk it up to your own personal taste? It's just as wrong for a gay person to be FORCED by society to stick to the opposite sex.

Or, to put it another way, unless you're a hetero guy being forced to get in bed with another guy, what's it to ya? Jeeez.

I'm just happy when a human finds another human they can be happy with. Without interference from knowitall buttinskis.

Old Aug 03, 2007, 09:01 PM   #25
kmac
Old Brown Shoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by eppylover View Post
I'm just happy when a human finds another human they can be happy with. Without interference from knowitall buttinskis..
Hey, did you just call me a buttinski?

Interesting points you've made.
Old Aug 03, 2007, 09:08 PM   #26
eppylover
Apple Scruff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmac View Post
Hey, did you just call me a buttinski?

Interesting points you've made.
Buttinski? Vous?

Nah. I was thinking more of my present husband "Og," the fundamentalist homophobic.

Y'know, one of those good ole "praise jayzus and shoot the fags" kinda fellas.
And notice I said "present" husband. He wasn't always that way, but I've just about had enough of a whoooole lotta stuff comin down in the past several years!

...and thanks for the comment.

Old Aug 04, 2007, 05:05 AM   #27
Harb83
Co-Admin Geezer

Many people see homosexuality as a recent thing, but that's probably only because it's only recently that people have been a lot more open and public about it. It's treated like an illness, a disease sometimes which is silly - it's nothing but genetic. As the human foetus is developing it's female. Boys only become boys if male growth hormones come into play - if not enough hormones are used then the foetus still becomes male but has a feminine mind - thus homosexual. Homosexuality was encouraged back in the time of the ancient Greeks.

But I don't see why there has to be pride marches everywhere. What's the point? We don't have straight marches or anything like that.
Harb83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 04, 2007, 05:13 AM   #28
kmac
Old Brown Shoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbidge View Post
But I don't see why there has to be pride marches everywhere. What's the point? We don't have straight marches or anything like that.
To raise awareness of discrimination, I presume. The oppressed will always seek methods to voice their dissatisfaction in free society.
Old Aug 04, 2007, 05:29 AM   #29
sourmilkpinky
Sun King

[quote=eppylover;732248]What the gorillas brought to mind with me, anyway, is the fact that homosexuality runs throughout the animal kingdom. So, in that way, it is a natural occurrence and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. Quote]

Isn't also natural in the animal kingdom to run down & tear each other apart? Should we be doing that as well??
sourmilkpinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 04, 2007, 06:04 AM   #30
Harb83
Co-Admin Geezer

Last edited by Harb83 : Aug 04, 2007 at 06:05 AM.
Harb83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 04, 2007, 08:19 AM   #31
Magill
Sun King

Default Amen to that!

Quote:
I'm just happy when a human finds another human they can be happy with. Without interference from knowitall buttinskis.
Very well stated, eppylover.
Old Aug 04, 2007, 10:47 AM   #32
eppylover
Apple Scruff

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourmilkpinky View Post
Quote:
What the gorillas brought to mind with me, anyway, is the fact that homosexuality runs throughout the animal kingdom. So, in that way, it is a natural occurrence and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it.
Isn't also natural in the animal kingdom to run down & tear each other apart? Should we be doing that as well??
We ARE doing that, you big silly! In our own organized "civilized" way, of course. *plays military march*

Anyway, you know, "should" has nothing to do with reality.
What is, is.
By comparing my example with yours, to use an old cliché, you're talking apples and oranges.
Being gay is not (in itself) violent and detrimental ~
~ it's only love, and that is all.
eppylover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 04, 2007, 11:13 AM   #33
eppylover
Apple Scruff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbidge View Post
Many people see homosexuality as a recent thing, but that's probably only because it's only recently that people have been a lot more open and public about it. It's treated like an illness, a disease sometimes which is silly - it's nothing but genetic. As the human foetus is developing it's female. Boys only become boys if male growth hormones come into play - if not enough hormones are used then the foetus still becomes male but has a feminine mind - thus homosexual. Homosexuality was encouraged back in the time of the ancient Greeks.

Yeah, it seems ridiculous, doesn't it, but these over-the-top displays tend to familiarize and desensitize ordinary people who can't help their ingrained fear of the unknown about "strange" people. The people who find life easier to live if they practice "when in doubt, shut them out."

I think the silly pride marches serve the same purpose as the so-called "groundbreaking" TV shows that opened people up to the relative harmlessness of "different" people: All In The Family, Julia, Good Times, The Jeffersons, etc. (racial differences) ~ Will & Grace, Queer As Folk, Queer Eye, etc. (genderbending differences). And so on.

Sorta the same way in the early 60's that the Beatles ~ by influencing England's youngsters and overwhelming the entire culture ~ brought a shock of awareness that the upper, middle and lower class Brits were all the same in flesh and blood, and co-mingling was not a mortal sin.

As someone once said, "Can't we all just get along?"
eppylover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 05, 2007, 12:10 PM   #34
Lucy

Send a message via AIM to Lucy Send a message via MSN to Lucy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Kent View Post
I also feel that the debate has become too loaded towards the position that people who have legitimate objections to homosexuality are wrong-headed bigots.
hmmmmm...I wonder why that might be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmac View Post
To raise awareness of discrimination, I presume. The oppressed will always seek methods to voice their dissatisfaction in free society.
Yeah I agree this is the reason for Pride parades. I personally don't have a problem with them. In fact just this weekend I was going to to to Brighton Pride to see my friend sing but I had a birthday party in London to go to so I couldn't. A lot of people have objections to these kind of parades. If you don't like them, don't look at them. Just as I choose not to look at particular things like Gordon Ramsay showing what bits of a cute little srping lamb he is about to carve up and cook.

Quote:
As someone once said, "Can't we all just get along?"
YAY to that!!

Someone might have mentioned this already but I think it is shocking that 2 gay men were arrested for kissing in Rome the other day. I don't think that kissing your partner in public can be deemed as a "lewd act". If I was arrested for kissing my husband in public (as I often do), I think I would be very very upset.
Old Aug 05, 2007, 01:38 PM   #35
Loony_leo
Bulldog

I think there is absolutely nothing wrong with gay or bisexual people. I have some family friends who are gay, one man who was married, had two girls, and then came out. He's really a sweet man, and he is so adoring and devoted to his girl's CJ and Christe. Also one of my very close friends is bisexual.

I don't really understand why some people have such problems with gayness. Gay/Bisexual/ people are all people, the breathe, they eat, they bleed. They have the same rights as anyone else, and if they love someone, and are loved in return (or even if its unrequited) isn't that the most beautiful and pure feeling/state a human being can be in? Shouldn't we be happy for them, happy for what they contribute to the world by loving another human? At least it isn't hate...

Then again as history shows us people are often afraid of what is different. Which is a real shame.

As John Lennon said "I think people should be allowed to marry or not marry whoever they like."