BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Solo Forums > Crackerbox Palace

Old Nov 13, 2002, 11:12 PM   #21
Magill
Sun King

Default Re: guys..I just heard the whole of BRAINWASHED today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, very nice review Maharishi. Now I feel like a little kid waiting for Christmas. I cannot wait for the 19th!

------------------
"I'm not really a career person. I'm a gardner, basically." George, 2000

Soon we'll all be Brainwashed.
Magill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2002, 11:34 PM   #22
ABCKO
Old Brown Shoe

Default Re: guys..I just heard the whole of BRAINWASHED today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Sans-Serif">Quote:</font><HR>Originally Posted By Maharishi Mahesh Yogi:
...unfortunately there are NO dates on there, as to WHEN the songs were recorded..i really, really wanted these...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like you say, the 1990's not exactly beeing a decade where Harri released a lot material... it would have been nice to be to bridge the gap...

Heck, "Vatican P2 blues" was written as far back as 1987, "Between the devil..." was recorded in 1991 (though remixed)...

------------------
"You... are number six !"

"I am not a number, I am a free man !"

[This Message Has Been Edited By ABCKO On November 14, 2002 12:35 AM]
ABCKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2002, 05:30 AM   #23
DoctorRobert
Fool On The Hill

I was also disappointed at first that there were not any more substantial liner notes, but what they included is very tastefully and respectfully done, and on second thought probably just the right amount. Very nice design throughout. The picture of George is very soft and touching. Just the right colors.

If anyone's interested, we'll be playing clips from this CD and the promo VHS that came out with it on Sunday 11/17/02 from 7-9 PM Eastern on my radio show. We're saluting George that night with an interview with Belmo on his new book, GH Words, Wit and Wisdom, and second hour with Louise Harrison. You can follow the links to listen live online at http://www.21stCenturyRadio.com. We'll also get the show up to the archive about a week later.

Is that okay to say?

------------------
DoctorRobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2002, 10:42 AM   #24
SingingOm
Wild Honey Pie

Maharishi, here's a picture of the Shiva fountain from Friar Park:

------------------
“The soul does not love. It is love itself.
It does not exist. It is existence itself
It does not know. It is knowledge itself.”
SingingOm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2002, 10:47 AM   #25
Hari's Chick

Wow!!! What a wonderful picture!!!! Thanks for posting that!!!!! Do you know any quotes from George about Shiva or anything he may have referred to relating to Shiva? Very cool!!

Om Shiva!!

------------------
6 DAYS!!!!!
"Only thing that matters to me is to touch Your Lotus Feet..."
Hari's Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2002, 12:29 PM   #26
Magill
Sun King

Om, is that one of the pictures in the booklet?

------------------
John's too sexy for his shirt!
Magill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2002, 12:37 PM   #27
SingingOm
Wild Honey Pie

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Sans-Serif">Quote:</font><HR>Originally Posted By Magill:
Om, is that one of the pictures in the booklet?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I haven't seen the Brainwashed booklet yet. This photo is from a photo-session in 87. There are lots more like it, some are featured in the Harrison Rolling Stone book, like the one on page 115 which also has a smaller Shiva statue on the mantelpiece behind George.

------------------
Old Nov 14, 2002, 04:07 PM   #28
DoctorRobert
Fool On The Hill

That's not the same picture in the Brainwashed CD, but it does look like the same statue. The statue picture is taken in what looks like a lily pond illuminated by floating candles at night. George's picture in the centerfold is just him wearing blue with some orange and red flowers in the foreground.

------------------
DoctorRobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2002, 06:10 PM   #29
AriesGirl78
Nowhere Man

You guys are so lucky! I cannot wait until the 19th!

------------------
Jennifer:)
AriesGirl78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2002, 11:25 PM   #30
SingingOm
Wild Honey Pie

The Shiva fountain was made for George by devotees. Here's the story:

Mukunda: One of the things that really has a profound effect on people when they visit the temples or read our books is the paintings and sculptures done by our devotee artists of scenes from Krsna's pastimes when He appeared on earth five thousand years ago. Prabhupada once said that these paintings were "windows to the spiritual world," and he organized an art academy, training his disciples in the techniques for creating transcendental art. Now, tens of thousands of people have these paintings hanging in their homes, either the originals, lithographs, canvas prints, or posters. You've been to our multimedia Bhagavad-gita museum in Los Angeles. What kind of an effect did it have on you?

George: I thought it was great-better than Disneyland, really. I mean, it's as valuable as that or the Smithsonian Institute in Washington. The sculpted dioramas look great, and the music is nice. It gives people a real feel for what the kingdom of God must be like, and much more basic than that, it shows in a way that's easy for even a child to understand exactly how the body is different from the soul, and how the soul's the important thing. I always have pictures around like the one of Krsna on the chariot that I put in the Material World album, and I have the sculpted Siva fountain* the devotees made for me in my garden. Pictures are helpful when I'm chanting. You know that painting in the Bhagavad-gita of the Supersoul in the heart of the dog, the cow, the elephant, the poor man, and the priest? That's very good to help you realize that Krsna is dwelling in the hearts of everybody. It doesn't matter what kind of body you've got, the Lord's there with you. We're all the same really.

*(After seeing the dioramas at the Los Angeles Bhagavad-gita museum, George asked if the artists and sculptors who had produced the museum could sculpt a life-sized fountain of Lord Siva, one of the principal Hindu demigods and a great devotee of Lord Krsna. Lord Siva, in a meditative pose, complete with a stream of water spouting from his head, now resides in the gardens of George's estate, heralded as among the most beautiful in all of England.)

------------------
Old Nov 15, 2002, 12:17 AM   #31

thats the sculpture!! and yeah its gold, and taken at night!! the Friar park 87 picture is very beautiful, but also makes me sad..id like to see a picture of the same image, but with George not in that one..thats what i keep seeing in my head when i see this image..

"the lord loves the one that loves the lord.."

------------------
The 10 days that I spent with George are not only the ones that I cherish but revealed the real George behind the myth. He was a firm believer in naturopathy. He was an equally firm vegetarian and a teetotaller. In his deluxe suite, he insisted on keeping the air-conditioner shut and windows open, even in the sultry weather. One day, he complained bitterly about the chaotic traffic and pollution in the city, and asked me who was responsible for controlling them. I told him that to an extent I was guilty. He laughed and then gave a couple of suggestions. - R.K Sharma on GH in 1996
GOD,GOD,GOD WONT YOU LEAD US THRU THIS MESS?!
Old Nov 15, 2002, 07:19 AM   #32
Hari's Chick

SingingOm~ Thanks for the story and info about Shiva! I had read that interview but totally spaced out the Shiva part of it! There is an awesome book called "Dancing with Siva" by Swami (are you ready? LOL!) Satguru Sivaya Subramuniyaswami!

------------------
5 DAYS!!!!!
"Only thing that matters to me is to touch Your Lotus Feet..."

What would you like to be remembered for?
George~ "I don't know...I don't know. Just as somebody who's not bad, not that bad...That'll do, yeah."
Hari's Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2002, 06:50 AM   #33
SingingOm
Wild Honey Pie

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Sans-Serif">Quote:</font><HR>Originally Posted By Hari's Chick:
SingingOm~ Thanks for the story and info about Shiva! I had read that interview but totally spaced out the Shiva part of it! There is an awesome book called "Dancing with Siva" by Swami (are you ready? LOL!) Satguru Sivaya Subramuniyaswami!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks HC, I'll look out for it. I just watched the Brainwashed EPK again and remembered that there's a scene where George is in his golf cart, while Any Road is playing, and there's a nice shot of the fountain in action.

------------------
Old Nov 16, 2002, 02:35 PM   #34
Sgt.McCartney
Sun King

Send a message via AIM to Sgt.McCartney

I heard "Stuck Inside A Cloud" on my Music Match radio the other day. It was awesome, dude.

------------------
"As usual, there is a great woman behind every idiot."
-John Lennon

Psychedelic Beatles A website that follows the Beatles career 1966-1970 with album reviews, quizzes, lyrics and more!
Sgt.McCartney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2002, 11:01 PM   #35
FPSHOT
Sun King

I had the CD in my hands yesterday and was able to see the booklet.

Well, little disappointing, not much in there really, the lyrics and description of the musicians as on the website, the thank you's and that's about it. But the inner picture is beautiful.

------------------
Just talking to myself
Crying as we part
Knowing as you leave me
I also lose my heart
FPSHOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2002, 11:21 PM   #36
SingingOm
Wild Honey Pie

FPSHOT, was this the regular CD or ltd edition? Are the booklets the same? I also read that the booklet features George's drawings?...and I'm curious, how come you didn't buy it?

------------------
“The Atman, when it identifies itself with nature, forgets that it is pure and infinite. The Atman does not love, it is love itself. It does not exist, it is existence itself. The Atman does not know, it is knowledge itself. It is a mistake to say that the Atman loves, exists or knows. Love, existence and knowledge are not the qualities of the Atman, but its essence.”
Old Nov 16, 2002, 11:45 PM   #37
Legs
Sun King

I am listening to the cd for the second time today thanks to FPSHOT who brought me an advanced copy! Thanks FP
Can't really write anything yet, I just let the music and words come over me, absolutly beautifull.Anyroad sound really spontanious with the crazy stuff George lets out at the end the uke. Vatican Blues is a number that has to grow on me yet.
Stuck inside a cloud and Rising Sun are still my favourites so far, and Brainwashed reminds me of Living in the material world, the spiritial light part. That's all for now I just let it all come over me.
Thanks again FPSHOT! Really beautiful...
Legs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2002, 01:00 AM   #38
FPSHOT
Sun King

It was the red one, the regular and I can't remember having seen much drawings, maybe one or two.

Reason I could not buy it, is that the CD was from someone from the ELO fanclub I met yesterday at a fair where I was with Legs. They offered pre-orders.

I will have the regular one and the blue special Edition either coming Tuesday or Wednesday depending on the delivery at my bootleg store. It seems there are three editions, and they will have all three, so maybe I take all.

------------------
Just talking to myself
Crying as we part
Knowing as you leave me
I also lose my heart
FPSHOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2002, 05:42 PM   #39

theres only the one george drawing in there, to the lyrics of Brainwashed..as i wrote about it earlier in this thread..i love the booklet, is really cool and doesnt have any of those annoying "posthumous notes" like other albums i can think of..the ELO Fanclub eh FPSHOT? sounds cool!!

------------------
The 10 days that I spent with George are not only the ones that I cherish but revealed the real George behind the myth. He was a firm believer in naturopathy. He was an equally firm vegetarian and a teetotaller. In his deluxe suite, he insisted on keeping the air-conditioner shut and windows open, even in the sultry weather. One day, he complained bitterly about the chaotic traffic and pollution in the city, and asked me who was responsible for controlling them. I told him that to an extent I was guilty. He laughed and then gave a couple of suggestions. - R.K Sharma on GH in 1996
GOD,GOD,GOD WONT YOU LEAD US THRU THIS MESS?!