BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Solo Forums > Crackerbox Palace

Old Sep 20, 2002, 06:28 PM   #1

Default I Met Robben Ford!!

Some of you may remember a thread that was here a while ago, where i was asking about Robben, the guitarist who toured with George on his 1974 american tour, and played on his dark horse album..well last week i got the incredible oppertunity to see him in concert, and afterwards even got to meet him!..he is just the most amazing guy, and he reminds me so much of George, very friendly, and very, very spiritual. I told him i had got into him through George, and he was like "oh wow!!" and he signed my copy of his new "Blue Moon" album, and the inner sheet of dark horse, where George wrote his name among all the musicians (amongst all the 'Oms'!) the whole thing was just incredible, and if anyone ever gets the chance to see him in concert, i highly recomend it..his new album is awesome..songs like "Dont deny Your love" and "something for the Pain" are very George like. Amazing to hear live too. So A special thank you to all those that passed on some vital info on Robben to me, FPSHOT and HC in particular..and thanks Robben!! a night i wont forget!

------------------
"hope to get out of this place, by the lord SRI KRISHNA'S GRACE"
Old Sep 20, 2002, 10:19 PM   #2
FPSHOT
Sun King

Default Re: I Met Robben Ford!!

Lucky you.

Quite an experience.

I love that inner sleeve fro Dark Horse.

I'll listen to those songs. Any harri-like material is worth listening to.

------------------
"We Welcome You To Crackerbox Palace"
FPSHOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2002, 09:26 AM   #3
Hari's Chick

You're very welcome!!

You inspired me to get the "Blue Moon" CD! It is wonderful!!! "Something for the Pain" is great~ and "Don't Deny Your Love", too..it almost has a somewhat bluesy/James Taylor feel to it? My very favorite is "Make Me Your Only One" because the guitar is AMAZING!!! And also the additional vocals of Julie Christiansen add so much. Has me dancing around the house this morning~~ thanks for the recommendation!

------------------
57 DAYS!!!!!
Hari's Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2002, 10:27 PM   #4

oh, you bought Blue Moon!!! isnt it amazing!! it is very bluesy, but really George like in places dont you agree?? there are so many good songs on there, infact there isnt a bad one on there, something unheard of on new releases..i really like Indianola, My everything, hard to please..and well, all of them!!

------------------
"hope to get out of this place, by the lord SRI KRISHNA'S GRACE"
Old Oct 16, 2002, 07:38 AM   #5
FPSHOT
Sun King

I should at least listen to some of the tracks, since you two are so positive about this album.

------------------
"If I don't get Brainwashed soon, I have to get myself Stuck Inside A Cloud"
FPSHOT
FPSHOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2002, 08:12 PM   #6
Hari's Chick

Oh, yeah, Maharishi's so right...there isn't a bad track on there. Very blues~ and very well done! (And I'm really picky about my blues~ hehehe, bad pun!)

------------------
36 DAYS!!!!!

"Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest places if you look at it right." ~ Jerry G.
Hari's Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2002, 06:17 PM   #7

if anyone's after George like stuff,Ronnie Wood plays a rather George Like slide solo on the Rolling Stones new song "Stealing My Heart" if anyone is interested.. Pattie Boyd took the photo's for Ron's 2001 album too..

------------------
"Only thing that matters to me is to touch your lotus feet ..GOD, GOD, GOD, WONT YOU LEAD US THROUGH THIS MESS?!" GOD GOD GOD, WISH THAT YOU'D BRAINWASH US TOO"