BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Solo Forums > Crackerbox Palace

Old Jul 13, 2002, 01:39 AM   #1

Default send a letter of protest to the british govt for George over attackers release..

O.K, you may know that the man who attacked George has been released, despite the damage he has done to George, his family, and millions of people..this must be deeply upsetting for the family, and it is time we spoke up..please send an email to any of the following addresses, to help make a wrong, right.. the British system is completly unbalanced, immoral and unfair...the mental health system is a mess, and it is time to do something before another tragedy occurs again..please help, and inform as many people as you can... write whatever you want, but if your unsure, heres a brief guide, if u want to copy and paste,

Dear Mr Straw,

I am writing to you as a concerned citizen over the release of the man who carried out the brutal and premeditated attack on George Harrison in december 1999. his release after such a short time is distressing, unjustified, and completly Immoral. I have grave fears for the state of Britain"s mental health and judicial system, and i call on you to act now to ensure that justice in this case and others is restored, so future tragedies can be overted.. The law is wrong and must be changed.

yours sincerly,

here are the addresses, please act:
www.public.enquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
www.homeoffice.gov.uk/complaints.htm www.homeoffice.gov.uk/

Home Office
7th Floor West Wing
50, Queen Anne's Gate
London, SW1H 9AT

FAX~ 020-7273-2065

HARE KRSNA!!!!!

------------------
"hope to get out of this place, by the lord SRI KRISHNA'S GRACE"
Old Jul 13, 2002, 02:42 AM   #2
Harb83
Co-Admin Geezer

Default Re: send a letter of protest to the british govt for George over attackers release..

I'm going to move this topic over to Crackerbox Palace.

About the discussion - I will be writing to Mr. Straw, but the writing will be different. People who have committed attempted murder are locked up for a minimum of 10 years I believe, so the fact that he was released after only 19 months because he was 'insane' is sickening.

------------------
Paul is Dead - the Conclusive Evidence - Officially the BEST website on the internet regarding the entire 'Paul is Dead' saga. Listing 300+ clues that are backed up with images and soundclips, this is THE place to go to learn everything about the worlds greatest rock and roll conspiracy.

Introducing the Beatles Authentification Guide - Introducing the Beatles is the most counterfeited LP in modern recording history. Nearly every copy that turns up of this LP turns out to be fake. Come here to learn of all the mistakes the bootleggers made to determine whether or not your copy is real or fake.
Harb83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2002, 05:51 AM   #4
Harb83
Co-Admin Geezer

Default Re: send a letter of protest to the british govt for George over attackers release..

You didn't need to spam this message throughout the forum. One will be quite enough.

------------------
Paul is Dead - the Conclusive Evidence - Officially the BEST website on the internet regarding the entire 'Paul is Dead' saga. Listing 300+ clues that are backed up with images and soundclips, this is THE place to go to learn everything about the worlds greatest rock and roll conspiracy.

Introducing the Beatles Authentification Guide - Introducing the Beatles is the most counterfeited LP in modern recording history. Nearly every copy that turns up of this LP turns out to be fake. Come here to learn of all the mistakes the bootleggers made to determine whether or not your copy is real or fake.
Harb83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2002, 09:25 AM   #5
FPSHOT
Sun King

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Sans-Serif">Quote:</font><HR>Originally Posted By Harbidge:
About the discussion - I will be writing to Mr. Straw, but the writing will be different. People who have committed attempted murder are locked up for a minimum of 10 years I believe, so the fact that he was released after only 19 months because he was 'insane' is sickening.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
That's a statement I feel very comfortable with.

------------------
Ohm.
FPSHOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2002, 09:28 AM   #6
beatlebangs1964

Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964

The statement above is one I'd certainly support. The Kook of Kooks remains deranged.

------------------
Then we will remember things we said today. Yeah.
-- Beatles, 1964

Read www.rooftopsessions.com for high caliber Beatles fan fiction.

BB1964
beatlebangs1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2002, 06:04 PM   #7

oh, David blunkett, oops!!! oh well, was straw the home secretary at one time, time of the attack or something???? Anyway, the correct email should be public.enquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

And about the spamming, it wasnt really spamming i just put it in the current news forums, where i think it is most appropriate, and red rose speedway.. i think this is an important issue, and one that should not be buried...

------------------
Old Jul 13, 2002, 09:20 PM   #8
FPSHOT
Sun King

There are plenty of members checking out Crackerbox Palace, so that is the place to leave it. Red Nose Speedway is not really related to this.

------------------
Ohm.
FPSHOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2002, 12:00 AM   #9
Barbara
Apple Scruff

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Sans-Serif">Quote:</font><HR>Originally Posted By FPSHOT:
Quote:
Originally Posted By Harbidge:
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
You are so Right!!!

------------------
You can have my love, you can have my smiles. Forget the bad parts, you don't need them. Just take the music, the goodness, because it's the very best, and it's the part I give most willingly" - George Harrison.
Barbara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2002, 12:16 AM   #10
Clark Kent
Sun King

I think you want Mr. David Blunkett, he's the Home Secretary. An important point. You're so right about the discrepancies in the system and I'm backing you.

------------------
Clark Kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2002, 08:15 AM   #11
SF4-EVER

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Sans-Serif">Quote:</font><HR>Originally Posted By FPSHOT:
Red Nose Speedway is not really related to this.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dedicated to Rudolph, the Reindeer Beatle.

------------------

Contributing Editor for Rooftop Sessions
Lennon's Line--A science fiction series about John's descendants--Updated 6/29/02
SF4-EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2002, 08:48 PM   #12

i have heard the attacker, has been arrested again, because he has attacked someone else this time..doesnt surprise me..anyone have any details on this???...and has everyone sent something in???

------------------
Old Jul 19, 2002, 06:24 AM   #13
Tim
Sgt. Pepper

Jack Straw was Home Secretary until the last election.

------------------
Tim

Tim Brent's Yellow Submarine Page
The Beatles' Record Advertisements
The Beatles' Record Covers Yahoo! Club
The Beatles Video Theatre
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2002, 11:18 AM   #15
Hari's Chick

AmandaLennon~ With all respect, Maharishi's concern is very real, particularly with respect to the future safety of the Harrisons...and let's not forget that the fellow's first choice for attack originally was Paul. Hence, there may be a concern there as well.
Please don't minimize Maharishi's very important effort.

------------------
Caryl Starling of the Muppets walks over and presents Arias with a stuffed replica of Kermit the frog. "Look, he's doing one of our meditation techniques," Arias says, sitting Kermit in the Lotus position and placing his hands over his eyes. "He's blissed-out."
Hari's Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2002, 06:53 PM   #16

thanks HC!!, and thank you Tim, i remember Jack Straw being the Home secretary at the time of the attack..Funny, now he is the foreign secretary, and just denied 2 Afghan boys asylum from a desert jail in australia..another dodgy decision..anyway, no comment on the other statements of course.."some people never Know"

------------------
Old Jul 23, 2002, 07:00 AM   #17
Miss O'Dell
Dr. Robert

I wrote the day that man was released. haven't received a reply though. Hope you all have written too. all we can do is register our protest.

------------------
I won't let him down,
Got to do what I can,
I won't let him drown,
He's my Far East Man!
LOVE ONE ANOTHER. OM
///-i-\\\
Miss O'Dell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2002, 02:10 AM   #18

you gave me the idea miss o dell!!!! i havent received a reply either, and i dont think we will get one, eiher! send an email in anyway..check out www.thebeatlespages.com for more..we even got Sir George Martin to send in a formal complaint!!

------------------