BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Solo Forums > Crackerbox Palace

Old Sep 14, 2001, 11:46 PM   #2
FPSHOT
Sun King

Default Re: Pirate Songs I + II...

Thanks, I placed a bid on Pirate songs, as I do have all the tracks on CD (as Arnold Grove as well), but this booklet seems interesting.

------------------
Friar Park Studio Henley-On-Thames, the place to be;
Crackerbox Palace, the Forum to visit.
FPSHOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2001, 12:25 AM   #4
FPSHOT
Sun King

Well, I'm fine thank you, weekend just started for me and I have some nice plans, tonight I will see my football club Sparta Rotterdam play against Vitesse Arnhem, meaning coaches Frank Rijkaard and Ronald Koeman.

Must say though that I keep thinking about the USA tragedy and many of my colleagues still not found.
------------------

[This Message Has Been Edited By FPSHOT On September 15, 2001 01:26 AM]
Old Sep 15, 2001, 12:45 AM   #5

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Sans-Serif">Quote:</font><HR>Originally Posted By FPSHOT:
Must say though that I keep thinking about the USA tragedy and many of my colleagues still not found.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you know any of their names? I mean, maybe you can check out that link to where you can do a search (by name) for anyone you know that might be at any of the nearby hospitals...

http://147.208.4.54/wtc/search.asp

------------------
Old Sep 15, 2001, 03:08 AM   #6
FPSHOT
Sun King

I know of that one yes, thanks. I also posted something similar on the WTC topic.

------------------
Old Sep 16, 2001, 12:22 AM   #7
FPSHOT
Sun King

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Sans-Serif">Quote:</font><HR>Originally Posted By Nowhere Man:
Excellent. Let me know how it goes.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I got Pirate songs after my first bid and even below my maximum price. So I am very happy about this and will let you know about the booklet etc. when it arrives.

I hadn't been at E-bay for some time so had to re-register with new password etc. but will certainly be more active now.

Did not get Jim Horn, I was not able to follow the bidding and was outbid. That's how it goes. I learned way back that near closing time a lot of bidding goes on and in some cases was also on line during those last few minutes and it it amazing how fast it can go.

I did win once in such a way, getting "The secret life of George Harrison" a very interesting CD by Geoffrey Giuliano (the lord bless him) , by bidding something like 10 seconds before closing.

------------------
Old Sep 16, 2001, 01:52 AM   #8

Pleased to hear you got the Pirate Songs bid and were successful. Shame about the Jim Horn, but I'm sure you'll get another chance. Always another chance sooner or later, for sure. The bidding certainly does go down to the last minute usually always. Whenever I bid I will normally hang around and place my final bid about 6 or 7 seconds before the auction as this is how long it takes to process the bid - I've managed to win quite a few with just 1 second left when the page reloads.

------------------
Old Sep 16, 2001, 02:17 AM   #9

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Sans-Serif">Quote:</font><HR>Originally Posted By FPSHOT:
I did win once in such a way, getting "The secret life of George Harrison" a very interesting CD by Geoffrey Giuliano (the lord bless him) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have this cd - an audio book - and the rest of the set that its included with too. Very interesting yes, as you said. There's Paul McCartney: Beyond The Myth, John Lennon Forever, Things We Said Today: Talking With The Beatles, The Lost Beatles Interviews, and of course the George Harrison (Secret Life of) one. I'd recommend them all, 5 cd's in total.

------------------
Old Sep 16, 2001, 01:18 PM   #10
FPSHOT
Sun King

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Sans-Serif">Quote:</font><HR>Originally Posted By Nowhere Man:
Whenever I bid I will normally hang around and place my final bid about 6 or 7 seconds before the auction as this is how long it takes to process the bid - I've managed to win quite a few with just 1 second left when the page reloads.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
The we may have been bidding against eachother in the past. I won't type the words I used when I first experienced being outbid in these last seconds.

------------------