BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products



Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Other Forums > Here, There & Everywhere


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Aug 07, 2011, 02:10 PM   #61
Hari's Chick
Moderator
 
Hari's Chick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 11, 2002
Posts: 13,049


Default

double post
__________________

Last edited by Hari's Chick : Aug 07, 2011 at 02:50 PM.
Hari's Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 07, 2011, 02:37 PM   #62
Maia 66
Sun King
 
Join Date: Sep 09, 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,360

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPSHOT View Post
So to then define that as anti-American is rather sad and defensive as I whitness here so often.
With that comment, you have demonstrated that you have not understood my posts at all. Saying that I have held a stereotype of your countrymen as educated and tolerant does NOT equate to my calling you anti-American... as a matter of fact, that makes no sense. The reason I have stated that you are intransigent in your anti-American views is due to the repeated comments you have made and your absolute failure to concede that this country has contributed and continues to contribute many wonderfully positive things to this world... you see, I actually base my opinions on empirical evidence.

And I noticed that you didn't respond to my answer to your question about what good the US has done in the last two years... another sign of your intransigence.

Quote:
Well, considering the U.S. has 15 Nobel Prize winners in the last two years alone in the fields of Physics, Economics, Medicine, Chemistry, and Peace, I would say that represents some major positive contributions to all of humanity. (The Netherlands only has one, btw... and he was born in Russia.)

Let's not forget all the ongoing innovations in technology created and continually being created in this country... Apple and Microsoft are, after all, American companies, as well as countless other leaders in the field of technology. And some amazing music and films have come out of here in the last two years. Not to mention that the American Red Cross is, by far, the largest non-governmental single contributor to humanitarian causes around the world and that the US government donated 1.7% of its entire budget (representing many billions of dollars) to foreign aid in 2010, much more than any other country.
Like I said before, being critical is one thing (I, for one, am highly critical of my beloved homeland), but failing to recognize the positives is to live in darkness. Having said that, good luck to you... and I hope for your own sake that you one day develop a more worldly view of things.



Back on topic, y'all...
__________________

All I want is the truth
Just give me some truth...



Last edited by Maia 66 : Aug 07, 2011 at 02:53 PM.
Maia 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 07, 2011, 09:19 PM   #63
beatlelover45223
Moderator
 
beatlelover45223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 13, 2003
Location: USA
Posts: 19,960



Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPSHOT View Post
Hey great to see you here again.

Cheese, Venus, we built New York, the largest trading industry, Soccer, the world's largest harbour, Caro Emerald.. the list goes on
Wait, didn't you forget Shell Oil and Sunoco oil?
__________________
"the love you take, is equal to the love you make"

~ Nancy ~
beatlelover45223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 07, 2011, 11:04 PM   #64
FPSHOT
Sun King
 
FPSHOT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 04, 2000
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 31,563



Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatlelover45223 View Post
Wait, didn't you forget Shell Oil and Sunoco oil?


Oh amongst others yes
__________________
"Everyone should have themselves regularly overwhelmed by Nature"
- George Harrison


FPSHOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 07, 2011, 11:14 PM   #65
FPSHOT
Sun King
 
FPSHOT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 04, 2000
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 31,563



Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maia 66 View Post
With that comment, you have demonstrated that you have not understood my posts at all.
Oh I have understood it 100%.

Quote:
Saying that I have held a stereotype of your countrymen as educated and tolerant does NOT equate to my calling you anti-American... as a matter of fact, that makes no sense.
Then why call me anti American.. and I will say again for the 200th time and please read carefully... I... am....not... Anti-American


Quote:
and your absolute failure to concede that this country has contributed and continues to contribute many wonderfully positive things to this world... you see, I actually base my opinions on empirical evidence.
ahum, since the only response I get here that I am to shut up does not evel lead to nthe good things, I know there are many good things USA contributes to the world, day in day out but when again there is a crisis on hand and I try to start a conversation about it out if interest - not critism - all these pointless replies come along which are mostly denial based.



And I noticed that you didn't respond to my answer to your question about what good the US has done in the last two years... another sign of your intransigence.

Quote:
Like I said before, being critical is one thing (I, for one, am highly critical of my beloved homeland), but failing to recognize the positives is to live in darkness. Having said that, good luck to you... and I hope for your own sake that you one day develop a more worldly view of things.
The only moments I live in darkness are at night and in sleep. You are so negative but do not contribute to anything positive. Maybve that would be a nice change to discuss 5 positive things, I can name 30 at least. I do not see one from you.
__________________
"Everyone should have themselves regularly overwhelmed by Nature"
- George Harrison


FPSHOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 07, 2011, 11:16 PM   #66
FPSHOT
Sun King
 
FPSHOT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 04, 2000
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 31,563



Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringo_rama View Post
Responding to someone's argument by avoiding what they're actually saying and instead focusing on typos as though that invalidates what they said = unfunny and lame. Especially when what you say makes no sense ("whitness" = "racial" ahahahahahahahaha NO)

The first person who responds with "And if anyone knows unfunny and lame, it's ringo_rama" gets shivved in the groin.
Thanks for the big laughs RR
__________________
"Everyone should have themselves regularly overwhelmed by Nature"
- George Harrison


FPSHOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 07, 2011, 11:18 PM   #67
CWW
Wild Honey Pie
 
Join Date: Sep 27, 2007
Posts: 617
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringo_rama View Post
Responding to someone's argument by avoiding what they're actually saying and instead focusing on typos as though that invalidates what they said = unfunny and lame. Especially when what you say makes no sense ("whitness" = "racial" ahahahahahahahaha NO)

The first person who responds with "And if anyone knows unfunny and lame, it's ringo_rama" gets shivved in the groin.
Its called Irony Ringo Rama, look it up!

And i actually found it pretty damn funny!!!

Jealous much?! :P

As for inferring anything you have said is unfunny and lame, well maybe one doesnt need to state the obvious..are you kicking yourself in the groin for being the first to say it?! lol

However, I think it is definetly cross continental, transmigrational and cultural Forna that FPSHT alluded to in his previous statement. Such rich varieties of Forna travel and vacation swiftly and contaminate wherever they settle!

Now back to the Debt issue..
__________________
Team HC: Clyde

"take me to the river, drop me in the water..."
- David Byrne

Last edited by CWW : Aug 07, 2011 at 11:19 PM.
CWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 07, 2011, 11:24 PM   #68
FPSHOT
Sun King
 
FPSHOT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 04, 2000
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 31,563



Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWW View Post
However, I think it is definetly cross continental, transmigrational and cultural Forna that FPSHT alluded to in his previous statement. Such rich varieties of Forna travel and vacation swiftly and contaminate wherever they settle!
Me thinks you need some sleep
__________________
"Everyone should have themselves regularly overwhelmed by Nature"
- George Harrison


FPSHOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 07, 2011, 11:34 PM   #69
CWW
Wild Honey Pie
 
Join Date: Sep 27, 2007
Posts: 617
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPSHOT View Post
Me thinks you need some sleep

Obviously went straight over your head..what a surprise!
__________________
Team HC: Clyde

"take me to the river, drop me in the water..."
- David Byrne
CWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 08, 2011, 01:02 AM   #70
ringo_rama
Old Brown Shoe
 
ringo_rama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 08, 2003
Posts: 3,114
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWW View Post
Its called Irony Ringo Rama, look it up!
The only irony in this situation is your acting as though I don't know what it means when you clearly have no idea (because Because's post doesn't even meet the Alanis Morissette definition of irony).

Quote:
And i actually found it pretty damn funny!!!

Jealous much?! :P

As for inferring anything you have said is unfunny and lame, well maybe one doesnt need to state the obvious..are you kicking yourself in the groin for being the first to say it?! lol
[/quote]

If you find "ZOMG somebody made a mistake on the Internet!!!!" posts "pretty damn funny," then I am not surprised nor jealous that you find me unfunny and lame.

On that note, I said "shivved," not "kicked"; and David Byrne didn't write "Take Me to the River." LOL what a boner!!!

No, sorry, I still don't see what's so hilarious about that.
__________________
I am the new way to go. I am the way of the future.

Please visualize this whenever you read my posts:
Yay!!!!!!
-R_R: eradicating stupidity, one post at a time
ringo_rama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 08, 2011, 01:19 AM   #71
FPSHOT
Sun King
 
FPSHOT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 04, 2000
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 31,563



Default

__________________
"Everyone should have themselves regularly overwhelmed by Nature"
- George Harrison


FPSHOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 08, 2011, 01:27 AM   #72
CWW
Wild Honey Pie
 
Join Date: Sep 27, 2007
Posts: 617
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringo_rama View Post
The only irony in this situation is your acting as though I don't know what it means when you clearly have no idea (because Because's post doesn't even meet the Alanis Morissette definition of irony).

Irony (from Ancient Greek , meaning dissimulation or feigned ignorance)[1] is a rhetorical device, literary technique, or situation in which there is a sharp incongruity or discordance that goes beyond the simple and evident intention of words or actions. Ironic statements (verbal irony) typically imply a meaning in opposition to their literal meaning. A situation is often said to be ironic (situational irony) if the actions taken have an effect exactly opposite from what was intended. The discordance of verbal irony is created as a means of communication (as in art or rhetoric). Descriptions or depictions of situational ironies, whether in fiction or in non-fiction, serve a communicative function of sharpening or highlighting certain discordant features of reality.


Sounds more than a little ironic if you ask me..throw in a healthy dose of sarcasm and 'yeah i really do think..'

Yes you said shivved but i felt a bit sorry for you, and thought a good kicking would suffice..OK shivving it is then!!

And what does my signature have to do with any of this?! You are right David Byrne did not write take me to the river, but he intepreted and sung the best version of it!! What do you want me to do, change my signature to Al Green and some other guy?! Yes of course you do lol
__________________
Team HC: Clyde

"take me to the river, drop me in the water..."
- David Byrne

Last edited by CWW : Aug 08, 2011 at 01:30 AM.
CWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 08, 2011, 11:48 AM   #73
Rellevart
Moderator
 
Rellevart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 15, 2000
Location: Chicago, IL USA
Posts: 13,764


Send a message via MSN to Rellevart
Default

Oooo-kay...I go away for the weekend and this topic goes to hell in a haddbasket. Please stick to the topic at hand and everybody (no, this is not specifically for any one person) please focus on that and not what is or isn't funny, who is or isn't anti-American, who does or doesn't make typos and who does or doesn't understand what others are talking about. The world may or may not revolve around our economy, but the world definitely does NOT revolve around you.
__________________
I go back so far, I'm in front of me...
Rellevart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 08, 2011, 01:55 PM   #74
FPSHOT
Sun King
 
FPSHOT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 04, 2000
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 31,563



Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellevart View Post
Oooo-kay...I go away for the weekend and this topic goes to hell in a haddbasket. Please stick to the topic at hand and everybody (no, this is not specifically for any one person) please focus on that and not what is or isn't funny, who is or isn't anti-American, who does or doesn't make typos and who does or doesn't understand what others are talking about. The world may or may not revolve around our economy, but the world definitely does NOT revolve around you.
Okay have fun going away for the weekend - it's monday night in most of the world already LOL - and whenever your weekend is over cut the crap about this anti-american syndrom because that is very off topic as well...the latest posts have nothing to do with that - if any have
__________________
"Everyone should have themselves regularly overwhelmed by Nature"
- George Harrison



Last edited by FPSHOT : Aug 08, 2011 at 02:15 PM.
FPSHOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 08, 2011, 02:09 PM   #75
taxgirl
Sgt. Pepper
 
Join Date: Oct 11, 2002
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 4,940
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy View Post
Okay I'm not GG and what I'm about to say are not positive things to the world but to me personally....I've had a few awesome holidays there in the last 2 years. YAY! Thanks U S of A!!!! I love ya!
I'm not GG either but I agree with Lucy. I've also had some awesome holidays in the States, 1982, 1987, 2003, 2007, 2008... and somewhere in the near future I'm going to visit the US with FPSHOT because we both love the US for a holiday a lot!!
__________________
"I know if I put my mind to it, I know that I really can do it"

Last edited by taxgirl : Aug 08, 2011 at 02:17 PM.
taxgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 08, 2011, 02:17 PM   #76
taxgirl
Sgt. Pepper
 
Join Date: Oct 11, 2002
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 4,940
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maia 66 View Post
Well, considering the U.S. has 15 Nobel Prize winners in the last two years alone in the fields of Physics, Economics, Medicine, Chemistry, and Peace, I would say that represents some major positive contributions to all of humanity. (The Netherlands only has one, btw... and he was born in Russia.)
If you google "nobel prize Netherlands" you'll come up with this...
http://www.altiusdirectory.com/Socie...therlands.html

I'm starting no contest...but please know what you are talking about.
__________________
"I know if I put my mind to it, I know that I really can do it"
taxgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 08, 2011, 02:20 PM   #77
FPSHOT
Sun King
 
FPSHOT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 04, 2000
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 31,563



Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgie Girl View Post
Rock and roll!
That's true
__________________
"Everyone should have themselves regularly overwhelmed by Nature"
- George Harrison


FPSHOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 08, 2011, 02:21 PM   #78
FPSHOT
Sun King
 
FPSHOT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 04, 2000
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 31,563



Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxgirl View Post
If you google "nobel prize Netherlands" you'll come up with this...
http://www.altiusdirectory.com/Socie...therlands.html

I'm starting no contest...but please know what you are talking about.
Nice one TB
__________________
"Everyone should have themselves regularly overwhelmed by Nature"
- George Harrison


FPSHOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 08, 2011, 02:33 PM   #79
FPSHOT
Sun King
 
FPSHOT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 04, 2000
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 31,563



Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Because View Post
Dear F.P.S.H.T.

I've been trying to follow your intricate political postings, trying to understand the evil I'm perpetrating on the world. I'm sure you will lend your educated, tolerant and open minded benevolence to such simple minded, American inquiries.
Why not post this under your usual name? And refer to me as FPSHOT as you know, Lorraine?
__________________
"Everyone should have themselves regularly overwhelmed by Nature"
- George Harrison



Last edited by FPSHOT : Aug 08, 2011 at 03:21 PM.
FPSHOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 08, 2011, 02:45 PM   #80
Rellevart
Moderator
 
Rellevart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 15, 2000
Location: Chicago, IL USA
Posts: 13,764


Send a message via MSN to Rellevart
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPSHOT View Post
Okay have fun going away for the weekend - it's monday night in most of the world already LOL - and whenever your weekend is over cut the crap about this anti-american syndrom because that is very off topic as well...the latest posts have nothing to do with that - if any have
Obviously you didn't understand my post. Either that or you're just being obtuse on purpose. I did NOT call you or anybody else anti-american. I told people, EVERYBODY, to stay on topic and discuss the topic, not discuss each other and not to get off topic with things like calling people anti-american. In essence, I was telling people not to call you anti-American. So please do not tell me to "cut the crap".
__________________
I go back so far, I'm in front of me...
Rellevart is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
September 2004 Issue of Rooftop Sessions is UP! HMVNipper Paperback Writer 6 Sep 16, 2004 09:20 AM
August 2004 Issue of Rooftop Sessions is UP! HMVNipper Paperback Writer 23 Sep 04, 2004 06:29 PM
June 2004 Issue of Rooftop Sessions is UP! HMVNipper Paperback Writer 5 Jun 17, 2004 03:17 PM
January 2004 Issue of Rooftop Sessions is UP! HMVNipper Paperback Writer 15 Jan 29, 2004 08:03 AM
March 2003 Issue of Rooftop Sessions is UP! HMVNipper Paperback Writer 18 Mar 04, 2003 04:07 AM


Advertisements

All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Site Features
Search Links

  Advanced Search
Category Jump



BeatleMail

FREE E-MAIL
@ BEATLEMAIL.COM


Username


Password




New User Sign-Up!
Lost Password?
Beatles History




Donate
The costs of running our database and discussion forum are steadily rising. Any help we receive is greatly appreciated. Click HERE for more information about donating to BeatleLinks.
Extras
» Chat Room
» Current News
» Monthly Contest
» Interviews Database
» Random Site
» Banner Exchange
» F.A.Q.
» Advertise
» Credits
» Legal
» Contact Us
Copyright © 2000-2019 BeatleLinks
All Rights Reserved