BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Other Forums > Here, There & Everywhere

Old Dec 10, 2009, 07:48 PM   #21
beatlelover45223

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esmirelda View Post
My dad and I used to hang the lights on the house together. We would also watch old movies like 'White Christmas' while we wrapped presents.
I sure do miss him....
I bet your Dad is there in spirit, doing all those things with you still, Esmi ((hugs))

~ Nancy ~

Last edited by beatlelover45223 : Dec 10, 2009 at 07:48 PM.
beatlelover45223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2009, 12:06 PM   #22
Magill
Sun King

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatlelover45223 View Post
Then they would put on her/Nana's favorite Christmas records, we would all sing along with Mitch, anyone remember"Sing Along With Mitch Miller?" Another favorite was the Boston Pops with Arthur Fiedler....
It wasn't Christmas at our house without listening to Mitch Miller. My sister and I would make up our own funny lyrics to some of them. LOL! Hey, it didn't say we had to stick with the lyric sheet that came with the album! I think my Mom had that Boston Pops album you speak of here, too. I can tell we come from the same generation, Nance.
Old Dec 12, 2009, 10:39 PM   #23
beatlelover45223

Wink

Magill, ((hugs)) we came from a great generation!

~ Nancy ~
Old Dec 14, 2009, 05:35 AM   #24
Magill
Sun King

Smile

I just remembered a nice Chistmas memory. I had just starting out on my own, I was 19 or 20 and was working at a Savings and Loan (remember those? ). I was living alone at the time so money was a bit tight for me. It was nighttime and I heard a knock at my door. It was two of my friends from the bank and they had brought with them a small Christmas tree for me. I was so shocked and pleasantly surprised. They had strung it with some lights and put some decorations on it, to start me off. To this day, it was one of the sweetest things anyone has ever done for me. I don't have to tell you I was moved to tears. If that doesn't signify the true meaning of Christmas, I don't know what does. I think I just remembered this because I now live in the same city I was living in at that time.
Old Dec 14, 2009, 05:49 AM   #25
Magill
Sun King

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatlelover45223 View Post
Magill, ((hugs)) we came from a great generation!
(((hugs))) back, Nance. We sure do! I'm glad I grew up in the 60's/70's. What a great time to be a kid!
Old Dec 14, 2009, 09:58 PM   #26
beatlelover45223

Cool

How very sweet were your co-workers Magill, that is just a magical memory!

~ Nancy ~
Old Dec 15, 2009, 10:34 AM   #27
VersusBatman
Sun King

My family adopted some German traditions since we spent some time living there. We did the advent calendar every year and the advent wreath. I wish i could find a wreath here, since it is a nice tradition. My dad loves Christmas. He got so giddy about it. When I was a teen it kind of embarrassed me, but now I think it's nice to see a grown man get excited about Christmas.

My mom made gingerbread cookies, sand tarts, and bunuelos. Bunuelos are Mexican fritters. They are fried and covered with either flavored syrup or cinnamon and sugar. I always associated sugar and cinnamon with Christmas.

It looks like they just put a whole lotta movies in a blender and turned it on really fast. - Myster Science Theater 3000

"They're dead grotty!" - George Harrison

Comic Book Guy: But, Aquaman, you cannot marry a woman without gills. You're from two different worlds... Oh, I've wasted my life. - The Simpsons
VersusBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2009, 10:43 AM   #28
PepperlandFrog
Banned

Talking

Tumble Starker.
PepperlandFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2009, 11:16 AM   #29
Rellevart

Send a message via MSN to Rellevart

Quote:
Originally Posted by VersusBatman View Post
We did the advent calendar every year and the advent wreath. I wish i could find a wreath here, since it is a nice tradition.
My mom made one by getting a styrofoam circle at a craft store like Michael's or Hobby Lobby and putting fake greens and pine cones around it and sticking candles into the styrofoam - it actually looks pretty nice!

My silly holiday memory is that when they first put in a lottery in Michigan in the 70's, my mom thought it was the stupidest thing EVER, so ever since then, we've made sure to buy her a lottery ticket every year and wrap it in some creative way, taped to a brick, then wrapped, put in a box from the jeweler, on the back of a nametag, etc. etc. And every year when she finds it, she gives us "the look". LOL
Old Dec 15, 2009, 11:18 AM   #30
VersusBatman
Sun King

Thanks for the tip Rell! I'll do that for next year.

It looks like they just put a whole lotta movies in a blender and turned it on really fast. - Myster Science Theater 3000

"They're dead grotty!" - George Harrison

Comic Book Guy: But, Aquaman, you cannot marry a woman without gills. You're from two different worlds... Oh, I've wasted my life. - The Simpsons
VersusBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2009, 02:31 PM   #31
twovirgins
Sun King

Talking

this is a true story about Toy Story..When Toy Story came out my son was about 3 years old
As 3 year olds do they get their little obsessions and he obsessed on the movie. So that year these big toys of the movie came out and we got him 2 of them .

On Christmas morning he got a huge suprised and saw his new toys he began to run around yelling
I got a Woody !! I got a Buzz ! I got Woody I got a Buzz!""

Me and my x laughed and laughed and laughed good times I miss him ..and those days.
Old Dec 20, 2009, 06:37 PM   #32
beatlelover45223

How cute, innocent and funny Erik, you gotta love kids.....

~ Nancy ~
Old Dec 21, 2009, 07:57 AM   #33
Magill
Sun King

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by twovirgins View Post
On Christmas morning he got a huge suprised and saw his new toys he began to run around yelling
I'm sure Disney meant for those moments to happen. Those heathens!
Old Dec 21, 2009, 02:37 PM   #34
mluque125
Paperback Writer

Send a message via AIM to mluque125

Quote:
Originally Posted by twovirgins View Post
this is a true story about Toy Story..When Toy Story came out my son was about 3 years old
As 3 year olds do they get their little obsessions and he obsessed on the movie. So that year these big toys of the movie came out and we got him 2 of them .

Me and my x laughed and laughed and laughed good times I miss him ..and those days.
I have a story that also involves Toy Story like yours. My family and I use to babysit this kid who was in love with Toy Story too. He made us watch it every single day, sometimes twice a day! One Christmas his mom had to do some last minute holiday shopping and left him with us. After watching Toy Story like always, we decided to just go ahead and give him his gift which was a Woody hat! We wanted him to draw a picture of him wearing the hat because he loved to draw. He drew that but he also drew his house with his family inside and a Christmas tree. Here comes the nice part- he included my family in the picture. It made me really happy he considered us family. A few weeks later we moved from that house and we haven't seen him since for a variety of reasons... so I cherish that memory until this day. I wish I could find him, he must be about 9 years old now!

Inspiration, move me brightly.
Light the song with sense and color;
Hold away despair, more than this I will not ask.
mluque125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2009, 09:32 PM   #35
beatlelover45223

I remember when we were little, my parents had their bed with the head in the corner of their room, they had it out just far enough to stash a lot of our gifts behind their headboard, we were allowed in their room if Mom or Dad were up there, we were never allowed to lay on their bed once it was made(Mom's strict rule, I do it now when I visit, cause she would hurt herself trying to spank me, nah j/k), of course my Mom made up that bed immediately during the season in particular, no airing out the bed.....

~ Nancy ~
Old Dec 21, 2009, 09:39 PM   #36
beatlelover45223

Wink

This one just popped into my brain, one Christmas eve, my Mom said to leave 2 cups of coffee with the cookies we always left for Santa, she said she heard he was running behind and might like some hot coffee to make sure he didn't fall asleep..... ha ha, guess Mom and Dad sat down for coffee after we went to bed.....

~ Nancy ~
Old Dec 24, 2009, 11:09 AM   #37
someplace dude
Apple Scruff

Ah, Christmas. What a great time of year. I remember how every year I went to my grandparent's house and they always had this bear on their tree that was some kind of bubble machine. As a kid it was the coolest thing for me. I would always look forward to seeing that little bear and wonder how much Christmas magic was used up to fuel it. I remember my grandpa setting it up out of reach as well, so I wouldn't try to figure it out and end up killing the thing. I miss him, he was always so nice, and ever since he died I've never seen that bear either, I think it's because he was the only one tall enough to put it on the high branches which became more of a tradition than a precaution over the years.

Last edited by someplace dude : Dec 24, 2009 at 11:10 AM.
someplace dude is offline   Reply With Quote