BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Beatles Forums > Abbey Road

Old Jul 12, 2006, 12:48 PM   #1
4No1
Banned

Default Most prized Beatle item

What's the one Beatle item you have that you value the most?

For me, it's an album my cousin gave me several years ago that contains all the Christmas recordings they sent out to their fan club during their run. Just the boys fooling around and wishing everyone a Merry Christmas, year after year. Fun stuff to listen to.

What about you?
4No1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2006, 12:59 PM   #2
Harb83
Co-Admin Geezer

I think my current prized possession is my VeeJay promotional copy of the Beatles' second ever single in America - From Me To You / Thank You Girl. It's a bit rough but still insamely mega, mega rare!

Harb83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2006, 02:20 PM   #3
Asha
Sun King

My autographs given to me by them.

Last edited by Asha : Jul 12, 2006 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Can't type
Asha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2006, 08:29 PM   #4
jesgear
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbidge
I think my current prized possession is my VeeJay promotional copy of the Beatles' second ever single in America - From Me To You / Thank You Girl. It's a bit rough but still insamely mega, mega rare!

Maybe you've explained this before, Harb, but I'll ask again: how much is this worth and how did you obtain it?

My most prized Beatles possessions don't compare to what's already been listed, but I prize my copy of the Anthology book that I've been using as an autograph book at the festivals; I have Robert Freeman and Donovan's autographs in it and hope to get Pete Best and also Peter Asher's autographs at the Chicago fest next month (Alistair Taylor refused to sign it because he's not mentioned in the book).

I also prize my silver Imagine ring that I bought at the Chicago fest last year. It's nothing special, but I think it's cool and wear it every day.

jesgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2006, 03:34 AM   #5
Harb83
Co-Admin Geezer

I bought it from that magical wonderland known as eBay for the princely sum of $150 / 85.

If it was in NM condition then it'd be worth around the $1,000-$1,200 mark so $150 is about right for it. I had a bit of spare cash and decided to trat myself whilst the opportunity was there. It plays quite well but you can tell a radio station has played it a lot. It also skips once on Thank You Girl which is a little shame but I'm not that fussed. I didn't buy it to play.
Harb83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2006, 04:03 AM   #6
Lynner

I've two prized items. Paul's autorgraph from when I met him and a Beatles' mirror that my dad gave me. That's special cuz it was nothing I'd asked for and he bought it cuz he thought it would make me happy. He's a great dad!
Lynner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2006, 12:42 PM   #7
Riggers
Little Child

My most prized item is a signed album page signed by all 4, The page is larger than the norm and was signed at ATV studio in 1964 the page is mint with not 1 crease at all and nice bold signatures.

I have loads of signed stuff but this is the best, I would say the next best a a McCartney signed 2003 tour programme, it is signed in silver paint pen on the black background it looks stunning and to top it off I bought it off e bay for 57, I now have 2 Ciazzeo letters for it and the appraisel letter values it at $1500, top buy hey!
Old Jul 13, 2006, 12:50 PM   #8
62hofner

I'm presently working towards acquring items that I can list as "prized" in the universal sense (i.e. a "Butcher" cover, etc.).

But as far as my humble-prized items are concerned... I'd have to say my various 1970's/1980's re-issue LPs with the orange Capitol label - only because they hold great sentimental value. I suppose that's good enough!

I also love my McFarlane Yellow Sub characters and my Corgi Magical Mystery Tour bus.
62hofner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2006, 01:14 PM   #9
instant karla
Sgt. Pepper

my most prized beatles item is my membership card to the official beatles fan club from 1971. my signature on the back is so...young!
instant karla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2006, 01:57 PM   #10
See_How_They_Run
Rocky Raccoon

My prized possesion....Mono Sgt. Pepper Record! woo!

Isn't This Where We Came In?
See_How_They_Run is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2006, 06:14 AM   #12
lennonluvr9
Sun King

Send a message via MSN to lennonluvr9

I dont know really! Most likely the signed pic from Ringo (even if he didnt sign it personally)

"Logic?? My God, the man's talking about logic. We're talking about universal Armageddon!" Dr. McCoy, Wrath of Khan
lennonluvr9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2006, 06:42 AM   #13
rwbarnes
Rocky Raccoon

Send a message via AIM to rwbarnes Send a message via MSN to rwbarnes Send a message via Yahoo to rwbarnes

I got a copy of 'High In The Clouds' pre-signed by Macca, but he shook my hand aand gave it to me personally at a book signing on Nov 10th of last year in LA, California..
Old Jul 19, 2006, 10:42 AM   #14
Cardboard.canvas
Little Child

Send a message via AIM to Cardboard.canvas Send a message via MSN to Cardboard.canvas Send a message via Yahoo to Cardboard.canvas

I don't have anything really special.
I can't seem to get any vinyls,
and I can't inherit anything from the Sixties because my parents weren't fans.
They're both from Mexico and were laborers most of their lives until they came to California (my mom is now an algebra teacher), so you can imagine that I'm not exactly the wealthiest kid around...Fairly comfortable though..I've got my Beatles DVDs, the music, posters, shirts and things like that..but not much of value. So..I'm thinking my favorite items would be the Anthology book and DVDs..

"I am alive and well and unconcerned about the rumors of my death. But if I were dead, I would be the last to know."
- Paul McCartney, 1969
Cardboard.canvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2006, 05:23 AM   #15
dari
Apple Scruff

i have a lot of "items" that would qualify probably. but i think my most prized "possession" is the memory of standing on the observation deck at kennedy airport at 1:21 pm on feb 7 1964 watching their plane land, and watching them emerge from it. as the old song goes "they can't take that away from me."
dari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2006, 11:40 AM   #16
4No1
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dari
i have a lot of "items" that would qualify probably. but i think my most prized "possession" is the memory of standing on the observation deck at kennedy airport at 1:21 pm on feb 7 1964 watching their plane land, and watching them emerge from it. as the old song goes "they can't take that away from me."
That's AWESOME.
4No1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2006, 12:30 PM   #17
Bexy_Starkey
Dr. Robert

I don't really have anything of value, but I do have a Yellow Sub metal plaque bought for me by 'Father Christmas' last year, and a set of Beatles Russian dolls. The plaque is special because my parents had been getting a bit sick of what they call my 'Beatles phase' (it's SO not a phase, the Beatles are for life!) but still went out and found something that I'd love. The Russian dolls are a bit tacky, but two of my friends went to Russia on a school trip and were collared by a street seller who saw the Beatles Story carrier bag I'd lent them. He brought out a set of Beatles Russian dolls (it goes John, Paul, George, Ringo, guitar) that his brother had painted, so they bought them for me and carried them for a week and a half until they got home!

Choose Love, dudes!
Bexy_Starkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2006, 06:39 PM   #18
LysergicAcid
Fool On The Hill

Mine would have to be my Paul autograph I obtained while he filming in the area. Linda was there as well, but I had a one-track mind for Pauls auto. When I got it I was so chuffed I just clean forgot about Linda, I always regretted that.
I also have a full set of the UK 20th anniversary pic-disc 7 singles. Quite collectable and took me 8 years to get them all. I remember the wait for each single to come out seemed to take ages.

The one item Id love to own would be any pepper suit, just imagine the next fancy dress party you went to.
LysergicAcid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2006, 09:59 PM   #19
Jerry
Webmaster Of BeatleLinks

Send a message via AIM to Jerry

Well, it's a tie for me...

My second and third state stereo butchers...

And my collection of original U.S. picture sleeves...

Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2006, 01:19 AM   #20
beatles fan
Sun King

wow! That is great stuff jerry! What I would do to have orginal stuff like that!
Must be worth quite a bit I guess!

Well I guess mine would be the new magnets I have now!

"Hi i'm John Lennon and I play the guitar and sometimes I play the fool"- Live at the BBC

http://www.jpgr.co.uk/r6213_c.jpg
beatles fan is offline   Reply With Quote