BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Solo Forums > Menlove Avenue

Old Jan 27, 2012, 09:58 PM   #21
Apple Scruff
Sun King

I'm bumping this up because I missed this prior confession someone sent in after many of the negative ones. I thought it went well with the theme of this thread as well!

Old Feb 24, 2012, 06:35 PM   #22
Apple Scruff
Sun King

Thumbs up Feeling like this right now...

From time to time I love to re-read this, Fly. I think it's extremely encouraging and powerful. I think it's also 100% true. Thank you again for making it.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 08:03 PM   #23
ringo_rama
Old Brown Shoe

I don't really see any value in reading those sort of posts, especially if they upset or anger you. I like John. I like Paul. I like George. I like Ringo. Their strengths outweigh their flaws for me, but I realize the importance of acknowledging both. I enjoy reading intelligent commentary from both ends of the spectrum--and there's much of it in the Menlove Avenue section (which makes it by far the most interesting area of this board), and I like to think that I provide that from time to time, both from the adoring fan's perspective and the critical observer's.

The sort of stuff this topic discusses isn't worth anyone's time, least of all the people who post it. I enjoy controversial topics and opinions as much as the next person, but anyone who has such sheer malice towards any subject and is unable to get it off of his or her mind to the point where they write online diatribes about it...I feel sorry for them more than anything. It's not worth trying to reason with them or get them to change their mind, because let's face it: there is so much information out there about all four Beatles, that--opinions about the quality of music and certain life choices aside--you have to willingly be ignorant to blatantly avoid all the positive factors about each one.

Please visualize this whenever you read my posts:
Yay!!!!!!
-R_R: eradicating stupidity, one post at a time
ringo_rama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2012, 09:08 PM   #24
Apple Scruff
Sun King

I know you're right ringo, But I am probably the main one who is more affected and more apt to read what people have to say. It's not me trying to set myself up to be hurt and angered (thought it seems that way). I am just very open to a broad spectrum of opinions is all. And sometimes they just baffle me.

I do feel it is good to know what a certain demographic thinks about things, whatever that area may be. And even if it doesn't alter my own opinion, it gives me some kind of understanding of what people are thinking and where their minds are.

It's like the whole "Who is Paul McCartney?" trend. I find it ridiculous that so many young people are that clueless, but it is fact. And that makes me appreciate those other young people who can branch past top 20 and see there is life, there is hope out of Beiberland and lil Wayne universe or whatever.

Just like some people can unify to be anti this or that, it IS vital to unify in an encouraging way, like this thread, to support those (like me) who seem to get more affected by this BS. I am getting better, but it's really strange to me. I feel like my dad and mom raised me to be open-minded and non-judgmental and to try to understand people despite whatever stigma society has placed on them. And then I see that there are haters who love to pick apart the flaws of people- flaws that any neighbor on their street or doctor who has saved a life, etc. may have- they do not know and trample over their memory and almost "rewrite" who they are to fit a pathetic stereotype that THEY feel this person deserves to be grouped into.

And that kind of hate bothers me. It's borderline crazy. And, like Snoopy wrote in the last confessions thread, some people are unbalanced and maybe, perhaps, that **** that killed John felt he was righting a wrong in his own mind by killing someone he didn't know but who wasn't conforming to what he thought was a 'good' role model. And they, by hating someone they don't know who still gave the world so much love, bring out that protective aspect in me. I just don't think it's fair that John has to get all of this and he was no worse than Paul, George, or Ringo.

So I think by speaking out about it and expressing how I feel it does help me try and accept that morons will continue to live despite how much I wish it weren't so.

Last edited by Apple Scruff : Feb 24, 2012 at 09:11 PM.
Apple Scruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2012, 09:13 PM   #25
Maia 66
Sun King

It makes me feel a bit sad for those people that they can't appreciate some of the great things in life... like how unbelievably cool The Beatles were!

All I want is the truth
Just give me some truth...

Maia 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2012, 09:24 PM   #26
wallrus59
Bulldog

^ hopefully they will "get it" one day.

gk.

wallrus59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2012, 04:34 AM   #27
the ninth walrus
Old Brown Shoe

Send a message via Yahoo to the ninth walrus

i just realized something about how people got so offended about his comment about being bigger the Jesus. you think if they get so offended about that that they would be very religious but yet they didn't forgive him when he apologized. he didn't need to apologize yet he did. if you ask me i think criest would have been more disappointed on those who didn't forgive then he would have on some on who said something that was taken wrong and apologized anyway

there's nothing like an afternoon of drinking homemade butter milk and listing to old music.

sǝɯıʇ ʇɐ ǝɟıl

me i'm part Irish
the ninth walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2012, 11:51 AM   #28
ringo_rama
Old Brown Shoe

That's kind of a blanket statement, don't you think? Americans seemed to move on pretty quickly after he apologized (the only long-term Beatles boycott I know of as a result of that incident was in South Africa), and the Vatican "officially" forgave John a few years ago.

Of course, I still question the necessity of both John's apology and the declaration that he was forgiven...but I suppose they were just ultimately nice gestures (though I still wish John had stuck to his guns, and I'm Catholic).

Please visualize this whenever you read my posts:
Yay!!!!!!
-R_R: eradicating stupidity, one post at a time
ringo_rama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2012, 01:18 PM   #29
Snoopy66
Paperback Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Scruff View Post
I know you're right ringo, But I am probably the main one who is more affected and more apt to read what people have to say. It's not me trying to set myself up to be hurt and angered (thought it seems that way). I am just very open to a broad spectrum of opinions is all. And sometimes they just baffle me.

And that kind of hate bothers me. It's borderline crazy. And, like Snoopy wrote in the last confessions thread, some people are unbalanced and maybe, perhaps, that **** that killed John felt he was righting a wrong in his own mind by killing someone he didn't know but who wasn't conforming to what he thought was a 'good' role model. And they, by hating someone they don't know who still gave the world so much love, bring out that protective aspect in me. I just don't think it's fair that John has to get all of this and he was no worse than Paul, George, or Ringo.

So I think by speaking out about it and expressing how I feel it does help me try and accept that morons will continue to live despite how much I wish it weren't so.
Don't worry, Scruffie, I also feel affected by those John-haters, but we shouldn't forget that there are many positive comments for every youtube-video of John's songs, most of them from young people, so...

However, I believe that some, not so flattering, biographies have seriously damaged John's image (like Goldman's book) and have badly influenced people, especially those who only knew him superficialy and were keen on reading scandals about an iconic, famous artist. Not every fan is immune like us against such crap

Snoopy
Snoopy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2012, 01:38 PM   #30
the ninth walrus
Old Brown Shoe

Send a message via Yahoo to the ninth walrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringo_rama View Post
That's kind of a blanket statement, don't you think? Americans seemed to move on pretty quickly after he apologized (the only long-term Beatles boycott I know of as a result of that incident was in South Africa), and the Vatican "officially" forgave John a few years ago.

Of course, I still question the necessity of both John's apology and the declaration that he was forgiven...but I suppose they were just ultimately nice gestures (though I still wish John had stuck to his guns, and I'm Catholic).
i think he was right in the first place and i'm one catholic and two my mom is a church school teacher. anyway thank you for clearing that up about the long term one most books i read make it sound like more Beatles boycotts were long term

there's nothing like an afternoon of drinking homemade butter milk and listing to old music.

sǝɯıʇ ʇɐ ǝɟıl

me i'm part Irish
the ninth walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 07, 2012, 02:14 PM   #31
John's lover girl
Dr. Robert

Send a message via Yahoo to John's lover girl Send a message via Skype™ to John's lover girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMW28IF View Post
All you crazy old ladies are nuts!!!!!! Rise up teenyboppers!!!!! John once used up all the hot water with an long shower, and he also burnt the rice. TWICE!

ok i haven't come up with anything to say about this one.

i'm not going to hold burning the rice ...twice agents are lovely Johnny

though i do have one thing to say and with nothing agents are favorite Beatle
but who burns rice for goodness sake i'm only 15 and so far never burnt rice. ok maybe back in the 70's it was a bit hard in terms of timing with out fancy modern apliencec but come on. let me tell you if he were alive today it would be impossible for him to burn rice considering most microwaves today have a rice button (though i prefer not to use the microwave for rice)
‎alchemy the science of understanding deconstructing and reconstructing matter however it is not an all powerful art it is impossible to create something out of nothing is one wishes to obtain something something of equal value must be given. this is the law of equivalent exchange. the bases of all alchemy in accordance with this law there is a taboo among alchemists human transmutation is strictly forbidden for what could be the value of a human soul- full metal alchemist

Last edited by bearkat77 : Apr 07, 2012 at 03:27 PM.
John's lover girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2012, 06:10 PM   #32
Apple Scruff
Sun King

I'm bumping this for reasons.

I am truly sick and tired of all the anti-John BS and I won't stand for anymore of it. Fly made this for us and- since I am apparently the most thin-skinned when it comes to these attacks- I like to re-read it and remember how much John has done for me and why I just want to (politely) scream "haters to the left."
Old Aug 16, 2012, 07:10 PM   #33
Maia 66
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Scruff View Post
I just want to (politely) scream "haters to the left."
Can you please scream, "Haters to the right" ?

Thanks... I like to be on the left.

All I want is the truth
Just give me some truth...

Maia 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2012, 07:11 PM   #34
Apple Scruff
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maia 66 View Post
Can you please scream, "Haters to the right" ?

Thanks... I like to be on the left.
Touche.