BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Beatles Forums > Paperback Writer

Old Sep 07, 2014, 09:57 AM   #101
Miss O'Dell
Dr. Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesingjay View Post
Hello, everyone!

It's not an update. Unfortunately, it is a warning to those of you who use Wattpad. Recently, I was notified by a follower of my writing, that a user on Wattpad by the screen name of LuvMeDoU is posting my story 'At First Sight' on Wattpad and passing it off as her own.

I want to let those of you who do use Wattpad that I have no affiliation with this poster, and haven't given them my consent to repost my story.

LuvMeDoU Profile

Here is a link to the 'At First Sight' archive. You'll see that I first started posting this story three years ago.

Feel free to spread the word, and let others know that I only have one Wattpad account I post from. Jonesingjay Official Profile.

I don't have anything to do with the LuvMeDoU account, nor do I approve of them using my content and passing it off as there own. Thank you.

They are also passing off the other posted works as there own. If you know the authors of those stories. Please, alert them if you're inclined to do so.
Awful and totally pointless thing for someone to do. Glad they appear to have been removed from Wattpad now. I'm sure no one would have fallen for thinking it was their work anyway - At First Sight is famously your work - anyone who would be interested in reading it would find that out quite quickly.

Be sure to visit the Beatles Fan Fiction Directory !!
...and Atom Retro - My day job!
Miss O'Dell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 07, 2014, 09:58 AM   #102
Miss O'Dell
Dr. Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesingjay View Post
Hi, guys! The Ringo Starr centered story 'Not Fade Away' has been updated. If you're new to this story or need a refresher you can check out previous chapters at the archive.

For those of you new to this thread and story let me give you a brief summary of 'Not Fade Away'.

It's the story of Ringo Starr, a young man from the Dingle, one of Liverpool's poorest and roughest neighborhoods has made a good life for himself. A steady gig with Rory Storm and the Hurricane's, a car and money in his pocket. He's feeling restless though. Will befriending Joan Cohen, a young woman of mixed race, change the course of his life?

Not Fade Away - Chapter Three, Part Two - Trading Up - Ringo and Joan feel each other out. Ringo delivers bad news to a friend.
Really loving this story! Will be catching up asap!

Be sure to visit the Beatles Fan Fiction Directory !!
...and Atom Retro - My day job!
Miss O'Dell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 07, 2014, 02:14 PM   #103
jonesingjay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss O'Dell View Post
Awful and totally pointless thing for someone to do. Glad they appear to have been removed from Wattpad now. I'm sure no one would have fallen for thinking it was their work anyway - At First Sight is famously your work - anyone who would be interested in reading it would find that out quite quickly.
Everything she posted as her own work was someone else's story that she'd taken from other sites. I suppose she thought no one would catch on. I wouldn't have known unless a reader of my stories told me what was going on. A very arrogant move to take another author's work and pass it off as your own. I can't imagine how that'd be rewarding for the one plagiarizing when the comments for the story aren't for you and the actual writer of the story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss O'Dell View Post
Really loving this story! Will be catching up asap!
Thanks. Glad you're enjoying the Ringo Starr story. I've stalled on the current chapter. You won't have too much to catch up on when you get a chance to read it. LOL. Looking forward to your newest effort.

BONUS CONTENT

Straight from The Nearest To My Heart/Words Of Love universe. How did John and Annette get together? Well, here's your answer.

A Bloody Firecracker

Last edited by jonesingjay : Sep 07, 2014 at 02:20 PM.
jonesingjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2014, 02:39 PM   #104
jonesingjay

Hello, everyone!

My Ringo Starr centered story 'Not Fade Away' has been updated. You can catch up on previous chapters at the archive.

'Not Fade Away' is the story of Ringo Starr, a young man from the Dingle, one of Liverpool's poorest and roughest neighborhoods has made a good life for himself. A steady gig with Rory Storm and the Hurricane's, a car and money in his pocket. He's feeling restless though. Will befriending Joan Cohen, a young woman of mixed race, change the course of his life?

'Not Fade Away' - Chapter Four - Be Sociable - Cilla tries to make a love connection. Ringo and Joan discover that they have something in common.
Old Oct 09, 2014, 11:18 PM   #105
jonesingjay

Hey, there! It's been awhile. Almost a month. I'm back with an update for the Ringo Starr centered story 'Not Fade Away'. For those new to this story and for those needing a refresher, you can check out previous chapters at my archive.

'Not Fade Away' is the story of Ringo Starr, a young man from the Dingle, one of Liverpool's poorest and roughest neighborhoods has made a good life for himself. A steady gig with Rory Storm and the Hurricane's, a car and money in his pocket. He's feeling restless though. Will befriending Joan Cohen, a young woman of mixed race, change the course of his life?

'Not Fade Away' - Chapter Five - You Know James Dean Died Today? - Ringo moves forward despite protests from his mum. Joan is counting down the days until her escape.
Old Dec 08, 2014, 03:17 PM   #106
jonesingjay

Hey, everyone. Another update. Almost two months away. Just a refresher for those who've been following the story, and also for those of you new to it. Not Fade Away is a Ringo Starr centered story. You can get caught up on previous chapters at the archive.

Ringo Starr, a young man from the Dingle, one of Liverpool's poorest and roughest neighborhoods has made a good life for himself. A steady gig with Rory Storm and the Hurricane's, a car and money in his pocket. He's feeling restless though. Will befriending Joan Cohen, a young woman of mixed race, change the course of his life?

'Not Fade Away' - Chapter Five, Part Two - Where's Ringo? - Joan offers her help. Ringo drowns his troubles.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 05:49 PM   #107
jonesingjay

Hey, guys! A second update before the start of a new year. I hope you'r still enjoy the story, even though my updates haven't been consistent. If you're new to this story or just need a refresher you can check out the 'Not Fade Away' archive on livejournal.

What's this story all about? 'Not Fade Away' is the story of Ringo Starr, a young man from the Dingle, one of Liverpool's poorest and roughest neighborhoods has made a good life for himself. A steady gig with Rory Storm and the Hurricane's, a car and money in his pocket. He's feeling restless though. Will befriending Joan Cohen, a young woman of mixed race, change the course of his life?

'Not Fade Away' - Chapter Six - Old Faces - Ringo goes a searching, running into a few characters along the way.
Old Jan 04, 2015, 02:49 PM   #108
jonesingjay

For those of you that are slash fans I'd like to start posting a George/John story cowritten with another author a few years back.

'All Those Years Ago' is the story of John and George's relationship over the years, one year per chapter, basing ourselves on the facts we all know and then filling in the blanks at our convenience.

Chapter One - 1958, Starts and Stops - George and John meet for the first time atop a double decker bus.
Old Jan 09, 2015, 11:44 PM   #109
jonesingjay

Hello!

I've updated 'Not Fade Away'. If you're new to this story or need a refresher check out the archive. You can find all of the chapters there.

'Not Fade Away' - Chapter Seven - AU Meets Canon - Ringo can't seem to let go. Joan's hopeful about her romantic prospects.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 12:34 AM   #110
jonesingjay

'All Those Years Ago' is the story of John and George's relationship over the years, one year per chapter, basing ourselves on the facts we all know and then filling in the blanks at our convenience. This story was cowritten with another author a few years back.

Chapter two : 1958, Sitting in - John gives George a chance.

Recommendation Alert!

My friend has started a new Beatles related fan fiction, centering around Maureen, after Ringo's untimely passing leaves her a widow to two young sons. She has to pull herself together, and move ahead. Along the way, she'll find that she can do that with a former Beatle with Cynthia Lennon. This will eventually become a femslash story. It's only one chapter in but it's well written and I hope you'll give it a chance and leave her a comment letting her know what you think.

From the Ashes
Old Jan 18, 2015, 02:13 PM   #111
jonesingjay

Hello, everyone! I've been updating quite frequently lately. I'm not sure how long that'll last, but I'm glad to do it.

This post is about 'Not Fade Away' my Ringo Starr centric story. It's recently been updated. Check out the archive for previous chapters.

Not Fade Away' is the story of Ringo Starr, a young man from the Dingle, one of Liverpool's poorest and roughest neighborhoods has made a good life for himself. A steady gig with Rory Storm and the Hurricane's, a car and money in his pocket. He's feeling restless though. Will befriending Joan Cohen, a young woman of mixed race, change the course of his life?

Not Fade Away - Chapter Eight - Opportunity Comes A Knocking, But Is Anyone Home? - Joan gets a surprise visitor. Ringo sits in for Pete. Joan offers Ringo her help.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 12:12 AM   #112
jonesingjay

Hello, followers of this thread. I have TWO updates for you.

This first one is my Ringo Starr story 'Not Fade Away'. You ca check out previous chapters at the archive.

Not Fade Away' is the story of Ringo Starr, a young man from the Dingle, one of Liverpool's poorest and roughest neighborhoods has made a good life for himself. A steady gig with Rory Storm and the Hurricane's, a car and money in his pocket. He's feeling restless though. Will befriending Joan Cohen, a young woman of mixed race, change the course of his life?

Not Fade Away - Chapter Nine - Come Back Tomorrow Night and Try It Again
- Ringo makes a decision.

NEXT UP!

'All Those Years Ago' is the story of John and George's relationship over the years, one year per chapter, basing ourselves on the facts we all know and then filling in the blanks at our convenience. This story was cowritten with another author, Gereiheimer a few years back. Check out the archive as well.

Chapter three : 1960, Sticky fingers - Practice for John and George leads to an awkward moment, leading to both lads releasing energy on their own.

Plenty of other stuff going on at my Beatles Fan Fiction Archive - One shots and interesting pairings like Paul and Cynthia to name a few. Happy reading!
Old Jan 26, 2015, 01:54 AM   #113
Nick Strongbow
Fool On The Hill

Good story, enjoyed it.
Nick Strongbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2015, 03:01 AM   #114
jonesingjay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Strongbow View Post
Good story, enjoyed it.
Thank you. I don't know which one that you enjoyed, but I appreciate you taking the time to read and leave a comment.
Old Feb 01, 2015, 12:14 AM   #115
jonesingjay

Hello, everyone! Two updates for all of you following this thread.

Update number one is my Ringo Starr centered story 'Not Fade Away'. Previous chapters are viewable at the archive.

Not Fade Away - Chapter Ten - And, Then Some Stuff Happened - Ringo finds his new venture underwhelming. Joan moves forward.

The Second Update!

'All Those Years Ago' is the story of John and George's relationship over the years, one year per chapter, basing ourselves on the facts we all know and then filling in the blanks at our convenience. This story was cowritten with another author, Gereiheimer a few years back. Check out the archive as well.

Chapter four : 1961, What Do You Mean I Can't Get a Hamburger in Hamburg? - George and John share a nice moment. John's plans sour George's mood.

I hope you enjoy the updates. Feel free to leave feedback in this thread or in the comments section of where I've posted the stories.
Old Feb 08, 2015, 08:38 AM   #116
jonesingjay

Over 15,000 views?! Woo hoo! Thank you to everyone who follows this thread, and a special thank you to those who comment here and at the site where I host my stories.

Two more updates for you.

The first one is from 'Not Fade Away. My Ringo Starr centered story, catch up on previous chapters at the archive or read ahead.

Not Fade Away - Chapter Eleven - Liddypool Sinatra - Ringo makes a superficial decision. Joan takes a good look at her art. Ringo meets the man in Joan's life.

The Second Update!

Chapter Five : 1962, Part A : What happens in Hamburg... - John ruins George's chances with a bird. A wanting session between John and George turns into more than either lad expected.
Old Feb 14, 2015, 01:24 PM   #117
jonesingjay

Happy Valentine's Day!

Two updates a day early!

The first one is from 'Not Fade Away. My Ringo Starr centered story, catch up on previous chapters at the archive or read ahead.

Not Fade Away - Chapter Twelve - Elegy - Joan deals with the passing of a friend. Ringo deals with life passing him by.

The Second Update!

Chapter six, 1962: part B, Interlude - George and John awkwardly deal with the aftermath of a heated make out session. Tensions arise between the pair, leading to a moment of resignation about their attraction to each other.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 08:46 PM   #118
jonesingjay

Hey, everyone!

The final chapter of 'Not Fade Away'. My Ringo Starr centered story, catch up on previous chapters at the archive or read ahead.

Not Fade Away - Chapter Thirteen - Everyone Must Go - Ringo and Joan move forward into the newest chapter of their young lives.

The Second Update!

'All Those Years Ago' is the story of John and George's relationship over the years, one year per chapter, basing ourselves on the facts we all know and then filling in the blanks at our convenience. This story was cowritten with another author, Gereiheimer a few years back. Check out the archive.

Chapter seven, 1962 part C : ...stays in Hamburg. - Upsetting news throws a wrench into John and George's relationship.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 07:17 PM   #119
jonesingjay

Hello, everybody!

'All Those Years Ago' is the story of John and George's relationship over the years, one year per chapter, basing ourselves on the facts we all know and then filling in the blanks at our convenience. This story was cowritten with another author, Gereiheimer a few years back. Check out the archive.

Chapter eight : 1963, Moving forward while looking back : - George feels left out. John fights his attraction to George, and takes off with Brian for a holiday and tries to figure things out. An undeserving target receives the brunt of John's violent outburst, caused by his confusing feelings.
Old Mar 07, 2015, 10:01 PM   #120
jonesingjay

Hello, everybody!

Chapter nine : 1964, Not so estranged bedfellows (part A) : - The Beatles hit American soil! George falls in love, much to John's chagrin, and a explosive moment results between the former lovers.